PDA

View Full Version : Something WASN'T right after Denver

StainlessStill
12-11-2009, 07:59 AM
So there we were, 6-2, beating down the Bronco's on Monday Night in Mile High. At that point I didn't know WHO would beat us. We looked great. Even though we had hiccups on Special Teams, it was nothing we thought that couldn't be fixed. I mean come on, we had Troy coming back with the showdown against Cincy, and Mendenhall was on fire. To top it off, our DEFENSE stepped up that night, as did our offense. Our passing game was unstoppable, or so it seemed.

After that win in Miler High, we had a short week to take the North from Cincy. Ever since then, something just WASN'T right. From our sluggish play, to the unforgivable mistakes, to Ben's impression and body language on the sideline, to their post game interviews. Something was terribly WRONG. Hence, which started a 5 game losing streak, losing to the 3 worst teams that I've ever seen to date included.

Troy re injured his knee. Keamo-eat you injured his knee and was out for two weeks. Ben was concussed. Hines called Ben out on National Television. Hines injured his hammy to which I thought hurt us last night in the passing game. Un characteristic like mistakes occurred. Dropped balls, mis-communication, and missed tackles. This ISN'T Pittsburgh football and we fans suffered through one our worst seasons to date.

It just all started dwindling down, like we didn't believe in the guy next to us, which bit us against Kansas City and then chain reactioned down through the team. We had it in our mind that we were losers and tried too hard at each position. Our coach called out the entire team, and they responded with even WORSE stink. Something has me curious that it's just SOMETHING else going on that we don't know of. Weird, weird season, and heart breaking. Changes are coming.

I call out ALL Steelers fans from here on out and their loyalty. We say we are loyal, and are the best fans in the league. Show it now! We stand behind the men win or LOSE, no matter what. Come next Sunday in Heinz Field against GB, I say we sell out and cheer our brains our for this team. Will the real fans, please stand up.

:tt04:

plenewken
12-11-2009, 08:25 AM
We stand behind the men win or LOSE, no matter what. Come next Sunday in Heinz Field against GB, I say we sell out and cheer our brains our for this team. Will the real fans, please stand up.

:tt04:

No need to sell out, it's sold out and it's been the case for years so the money still flows in the Rooneys' pockets, regardless. Oh you mean show up? Well, that's another story. People will brave the cold and the elements if they believe they'll see a good show. You can't blame them for not going to the stadium when the team sucks.
Now, if you're ok to pay 250 bucks for a seat to see this kind of crap, go ahead, dude.

StainlessStill
12-11-2009, 08:48 AM
No need to sell out, it's sold out and it's been the case for years so the money still flows in the Rooneys' pockets, regardless. Oh you mean show up? Well, that's another story. People will brave the cold and the elements if they believe they'll see a good show. You can't blame them for not going to the stadium when the team sucks.
Now, if you're ok to pay 250 bucks for a seat to see this kind of crap, go ahead, dude.

You know what I meant, yes.. show up. And two, that's all about being a true fan. Showing up in rough or bright times. The Browns were 1-11 coming into last night and still had their loyals go to the game that felt -15. I don't want to see "the best fans in the world" falter and be labeled as phonies. We should support.

As far as 250 dollars spent.. dude, you're dreaming. Ticket prices will go down as far as face value, bank on it and you could probably scalp for 30 bucks or under at this point.

plenewken
12-11-2009, 09:27 AM
You know what I meant, yes.. show up. And two, that's all about being a true fan. Showing up in rough or bright times. The Browns were 1-11 coming into last night and still had their loyals go to the game that felt -15. I don't want to see "the best fans in the world" falter and be labeled as phonies. We should support.

As far as 250 dollars spent.. dude, you're dreaming. Ticket prices will go down as far as face value, bank on it and you could probably scalp for 30 bucks or under at this point.

I do not quit on the team but I refuse to pay a premium when they play awfully bad. I'm sorry but it's not worth it.
At face value, I'll go

MJ5150
12-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll stand up and support my team, win or lose, when they bust their a$$ on the field. I haven't seen any of that in over a month now. I have seen a serious lack of intensity and guys who are more interested in ESPN highlights than winning a football game.

For once, the Rooneys handed out some money in the offseason, and this is what we get........

I'm cancelling my cross country trip for the GB game.

-Mike

Angus Burgher
12-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Hey, StainlessSteel, I LOLed at your signature. But I think you should change it to just 'UNLEASH FAIL."