PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone Who is Jumping off the Bandwagon and Posting Stupid Threads

Kvnfaber
12-11-2009, 09:25 AM
For all of those who are retarded enough to post "Fire Tomlin", or any other stupid thread - Please remember:

We are fans of the best Franchise in the NFL.

We have more rings than any other NFL team.

A terrible season for us is around .500

We expect GREAT things every year.

Browns fans are Euphoric while being 2-11 and having no shot at the playoffs because they beat such a prestigious franchise for the FIRST time in 13 games.

We should be glad that our expectations are so high, it's because the results have consistently been very good.

So, for everyone here that wants to start a thread with the sky is falling, and we are the worst team EVER, I'll beat you to the punch:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/fire-smoke-girl-12.jpg

Kvnfaber
12-11-2009, 09:35 AM
1 win in the last 13 games. Seriously, you guys are awesome.

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Well, I'm still on the Bandwagon...I haven't "burned my Jerseys" or "torn down all my pictures and paintings" of the Steelers.

and deep down...deep deep down...when my wife asked me "so does this mean no playoffs" part of me....a deep old part of me...did some math and I said..."well not officially...but well...not officially"

but man...its just tough.

steelax04
12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
...and you just lost to the Cleveland Browns after laying eggs against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Enjoy that last Super Bowl win that was the last vestige of the Cowher era in Shittsburgh. You better thank god you guys don't play the Rams and Tampa Bay this year or it would be two more automatic losses.

You guys should make some fake Super Bowl rings. That's pretty much what last night works out to be for you guys... the Brown's version of the SB.

T.Richardson
12-11-2009, 09:40 AM
...and you just lost to the Cleveland Browns after laying eggs against the Raiders and the Chiefs. Enjoy that last Super Bowl win that was the last vestige of the Cowher era in Shittsburgh. You better thank god you guys don't play the Rams and Tampa Bay this year or it would be two more automatic losses.

did you just say..Shittsburgh? Really?:mad:

SCSTILLER
12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
you guys must have forgotten to slip the refs your weekly payment this week, whining about calls and crying after the game. Yep, that sounds like steelers football to me.

You guys won your SuperBowl! Congratulations. Now not filling a stadium for the biggest game of your season, sitting out a quarter to protest poor ownership, yep, sounds like Brownie football to me.

SCSTILLER
12-11-2009, 09:47 AM
did you just say..Shittsburgh? Really?:mad:

They say Shittsburgh, we say Mistake by Lake. Don't play his little game T.Rich, this is his only moment of a long season (OK, alot of long seasons) and he has had eleven weeks to prewrite his crap talking messages.

Kvnfaber
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Actually he's had 6 years.

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2009, 09:50 AM
We just witnessed the closest the "Shi_ Stains" will EVER get to a SB victory... congratulations...

Corey120120
12-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Why do people have no lives. I mean really thats all you have to do is go on to another teams forum and talk shit really. Go lift weights or watch spors center. I no your shitty team wont be on but wtf who knows maybe.... There is something going on in the locker room they wouldnt lose to the brownies unless something is going on in the locker room.

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 10:43 AM

Wow...you're the kind of Browns fan that gives the rest of us a bad name. It was nice to see a victory...but when that victory puts us at 2-11 on the season (and 1-12 in the last 13 games)...it doesn't really levae us much room for talking smack. Show some class...that's what Browns football is supposed to be.

82CardsGrad
12-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Tough loss last night guys... Amazing to see the Steelers fall so quickly from grace. What the heck happened?? When Tomlin gave that presser where he claimed the Steelers were going to unleash fury and all, I really thought they would go on a serious run.
Meanwhile, the Cardinals are coming off one of their best regular season all-around performances in decades after beating up Favre and the Vikes this past Sunday night...
Can't recall when the last time was where in the next season, the defending SB Champs do so much worse than the team they beat??

Mr. Dô
12-11-2009, 01:15 PM
For all of those who are retarded enough to post "Fire Tomlin", or any other stupid thread - Please remember:

We are fans of the best Franchise in the NFL.

We have more rings than any other NFL team.

A terrible season for us is around .500

We expect GREAT things every year.

Browns fans are Euphoric while being 2-11 and having no shot at the playoffs because they beat such a prestigious franchise for the FIRST time in 13 games.

We should be glad that our expectations are so high, it's because the results have consistently been very good.

So, for everyone here that wants to start a thread with the sky is falling, and we are the worst team EVER, I'll beat you to the punch:

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/fire-smoke-girl-12.jpg
the thing is this, this year may end up at 6-10 at this rate

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm a Steelers fan for life. Doesn't matter if we were 0-16. Watched them my whole life and I think it's funny when bandwagon fans are exposed lol

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
I'm a Steelers fan for life. Doesn't matter if we were 0-16. Watched them my whole life and I think it's funny when bandwagon fans are exposed lol

I saw 'em go 1-13, so this ain't nuthin'

like the text that Mario Lemieux sent to his players after losing Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals last year

"We are a family and in this together. We don't need anyone that is only with us WIN or TIE."

Indo
12-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Wow...you're the kind of Browns fan that gives the rest of us a bad name. It was nice to see a victory...but when that victory puts us at 2-11 on the season (and 1-12 in the last 13 games)...it doesn't really levae us much room for talking smack. Show some class...that's what Browns football is supposed to be.

Always classy---

What is it with these twentysomething douches?

jev7452
12-11-2009, 02:17 PM

very nice xfl2001fan :thumbsup:

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
very nice xfl2001fan :thumbsup:

+ tax..... maybe the offender is originally from Philthadelphia?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/hockey%202009-2010/FlyerSantaClaus.jpg

JEFF4i
12-11-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh, I went to work today clad in extra Steelers stuff.

I bleed black and gold. Just think we need a couple changes. 0-16 next year? STill wearing my hat with pride.

HometownGal
12-11-2009, 02:45 PM

That's easy. It's that sense of ENTITLEMENT. You didn't get the memo where it is decreed it is their RIGHT that the Steelers go to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl every season? Shame on you. :wink:

xfl2001fan
12-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Always classy---

I don't speak stupid...so I just don't know. Thank you though!

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Ill never jump off the bandwagon and give up on my team. I still have faith for this season and all season ahead that we can do and return to the Super Bowl. We are the best fans in the league and lets show it by having some pride for our Steelers!

Its just been a rough 5 weeks for all of us and I understand mine, and everyone elses arguing and plain ass comments, but its just hard to muster and admit it were all not used to this and did not expect it.

I would like to formally apologize to all I have pissed off or said any rude comments to (HTG, Fansince'76) I had no right to open my mouth and I will now and continue to show my pride and keep my cool on the boards.

FloridaDawg
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Browns fan here. First off let me just say I came to talk football. Not gloat about this win. Believe it or not, we actually want to become a proud organization again. So while this is a sweet win, I have my eyes on bigger and better things eventually.

Something though, caught my attention. While I have always hated your team, I have also respected your franchise. And I have the utmost respect for Mr. Rooney (one of the few owners who thought it was wrong for the franchise to be taken away from us).

As a die hard Browns fan I can appreciate other fans with the same loyalty for there team. Most Steelers fans I have meet have been pretty cool. What shocks me is the posts from some of you guys saying you will not support this team anymore till things improve or as one poster put it, he will remove the Steelers plate from his car :doh:

Also, all the insulting things you have said about the Browns and us fans. Listen. People can like whatever team they want. It is a CHOICE. That we stick with this team that has been miserable for the better part of 10 years I think says something on what type of fans we are. As in life, it is also true in sports: You can really tell the judge of someones character, not when things are going great, but how they deal when things are going bad.

I experience bandwagoners everyday. Growing up in Florida, there are a lot of north east transplants here. Guess how many Pats fans there where 10 years ago to now? Bandwagoenrs disgust me. You guys are better then that.

I know you guys DEMAND EXCELLENCE or whatever, but the reality is sometimes your teams not going to be very good. Believe it or not, WE used to have a great franchise. Even though I'm only 24 I appreciate football tradition and all the legends of the game. One decade you will be amazing, the next you will have your rival teams fans insulting you and your franchise.

Idk, sorry for the really long post. I just think it is silly to make fun of our franchise when we could be disloyal switch anytime we want, but choose not to.

4xSBChamps
12-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Browns fan here. First off let me just say I came to talk football. Not gloat about this win. Believe it or not, we actually want to become a proud organization again. So while this is a sweet win, I have my eyes on bigger and better things eventually.

Something though, caught my attention. While I have always hated your team, I have also respected your franchise. And I have the utmost respect for Mr. Rooney (one of the few owners who thought it was wrong for the franchise to be taken away from us).

As a die hard Browns fan I can appreciate other fans with the same loyalty for there team. Most Steelers fans I have meet have been pretty cool. What shocks me is the posts from some of you guys saying you will not support this team anymore till things improve or as one poster put it, he will remove the Steelers plate from his car :doh:

Also, all the insulting things you have said about the Browns and us fans. Listen. People can like whatever team they want. It is a CHOICE. That we stick with this team that has been miserable for the better part of 10 years I think says something on what type of fans we are. As in life, it is also true in sports: You can really tell the judge of someones character, not when things are going great, but how they deal when things are going bad.

I experience bandwagoners everyday. Growing up in Florida, there are a lot of north east transplants here. Guess how many Pats fans there where 10 years ago to now? Bandwagoenrs disgust me. You guys are better then that.

I know you guys DEMAND EXCELLENCE or whatever, but the reality is sometimes your teams not going to be very good. Believe it or not, WE used to have a great franchise. Even though I'm only 24 I appreciate football tradition and all the legends of the game. One decade you will be amazing, the next you will have your rival teams fans insulting you and your franchise.

Idk, sorry for the really long post. I just think it is silly to make fun of our franchise when we could be disloyal switch anytime we want, but choose not to.

great first post, FloridaDawg..... looking forward to the day when both of our franchises battle for AFC supremacy

:drink:

FloridaDawg
12-11-2009, 09:20 PM
great first post, FloridaDawg..... looking forward to the day when both of our franchises battle for AFC supremacy

:drink:

Absolutely. It will be a great day when we are competitive rivals again. Old school, baby. :thumbsup:

SteelC7
12-12-2009, 12:32 AM
if the browns are celebrating this much, they need to chill, theyre horrible and will never win anything, theyve never even been to a SB, weve won 6...so lets just let them have their fun, knowing that next year were gonna kill them for this...both meetings just like we always do...unfortunately we had a bad season, BUT were gonna get a good draft pick and hopefully, i mean its farfetched but hopefully we reach into free agency and grad SOMEONE, ANYONE that can help...but besides that, lets just be happy were fans of such a glorious franchise and lets have fun watchin the bungles gettin knocked outta the 1st round

FloridaDawg
12-12-2009, 12:53 AM
if the browns are celebrating this much, they need to chill, theyre horrible and will never win anything, theyve never even been to a SB, weve won 6...so lets just let them have their fun, knowing that next year were gonna kill them for this...both meetings just like we always do...unfortunately we had a bad season, BUT were gonna get a good draft pick and hopefully, i mean its farfetched but hopefully we reach into free agency and grad SOMEONE, ANYONE that can help...but besides that, lets just be happy were fans of such a glorious franchise and lets have fun watchin the bungles gettin knocked outta the 1st round

I know it was a really long time ago, but you do realize the Browns have a pretty storied history, right?

Also, for the 'will never win anything' comment.

Remember how bad the Bucs franchise was for like 40 years?

Think about how horrible St. Louis was. 10 years ago it was the greatest show on turf.

The Saints are undefeated right now. They have been simply horrible most of there existence.

Teams will be good, they will be bad. Even the Lions one day will be really good.

Preacher
12-12-2009, 12:57 AM
I know it was a really long time ago, but you do realize the Browns have a pretty storied history, right?

Also, for the 'will never win anything' comment.

Remember how bad the Bucs franchise was for like 40 years?

Think about how horrible St. Louis was. 10 years ago it was the greatest show on turf.

The Saints are undefeated right now. They have been simply horrible most of there existence.

Teams will be good, they will be bad. Even the Lions one day will be really good.

I was with you right up until then. Good luck with that one! :chuckle:

stlrtruck
12-12-2009, 08:49 AM
FloridaDawg, I can say this - I think the browns fans got screwed when modell up and moved the team to baltimore. He sold out every game and the fans supported that team thick and thin.

I think the browns fans deserve to have a better team on the field and a better FO. It will be interesting to see how Thursday nights victory affects the browns team moving forward.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-12-2009, 10:38 AM
I just gotta say this, as Steeler fans we may be spoiled. Some of us may choose to forget the 80's teams that blew chunks, even our great Coach Cowher only went 1-1 in Super Bowls. Tomlin has proven to be a great coach in his few short years in Pittsburgh and has delivered us, Steeler Nation, another Super Bowl vicrtory to be proud of. But, c'mon people, realistically, NO NFL team has ever won more than two SB's in a row, and only a few of the elite have won back to back, the Steelers twice. This is probably not our year. There are still three games to support our Steelers for this year though and hey, you never know, perhaps a miracle does happen and they get into the playoffs, get hot, and win another Lombardi. Don't stop your love for the best franchise in football! Cheer for our team proudly and act like you are fans of a 6 Super Bowl victory team. I don't like losing as much as all of you don't, but I will not disparage my beloved Steelers, EVER!

FloridaDawg
12-12-2009, 11:14 AM
I just gotta say this, as Steeler fans we may be spoiled. Some of us may choose to forget the 80's teams that blew chunks, even our great Coach Cowher only went 1-1 in Super Bowls. Tomlin has proven to be a great coach in his few short years in Pittsburgh and has delivered us, Steeler Nation, another Super Bowl vicrtory to be proud of. But, c'mon people, realistically, NO NFL team has ever won more than two SB's in a row, and only a few of the elite have won back to back, the Steelers twice. This is probably not our year. There are still three games to support our Steelers for this year though and hey, you never know, perhaps a miracle does happen and they get into the playoffs, get hot, and win another Lombardi. Don't stop your love for the best franchise in football! Cheer for our team proudly and act like you are fans of a 6 Super Bowl victory team. I don't like losing as much as all of you don't, but I will not disparage my beloved Steelers, EVER!

About the three games left: Enjoy them while you can! This season has gone by really fast. This is the best time of the year. I love nothing better then to wake up every Sunday morning looking forward to a great day of football. After the next month we wont see are teams play for about 9 months.

HometownGal
12-12-2009, 03:43 PM
if the browns are celebrating this much, they need to chill, theyre horrible and will never win anything, theyve never even been to a SB

Thursday night's game WAS the Brown's Super Bowl and their D played their hearts out. As bad as we were all the way around, I have to give credit where credit is due. They brought their AAA+ game.

FloridaDawg - very classy post and thank you. :drink: I also thought that Fat Fart Art taking your team out of Cleveland and moving them to the cesspool of the East was disgusting - he took a giant dump on every Browns fan who padded his pockets for 34 years. I've always admired those diehard Browns fans who have stuck with the team through all of the bad seasons and reading some of the garbage around here the past couple of days has made me admire you folks even more. :hatsoff:

FloridaDawg
12-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Thursday night's game WAS the Brown's Super Bowl and their D played their hearts out. As bad as we were all the way around, I have to give credit where credit is due. They brought their AAA+ game.

FloridaDawg - very classy post and thank you. :drink: I also thought that Fat Fart Art taking your team out of Cleveland and moving them to the cesspool of the East was disgusting - he took a giant dump on every Browns fan who padded his pockets for 34 years. I've always admired those diehard Browns fans who have stuck with the team through all of the bad seasons and reading some of the garbage around here the past couple of days has made me admire you folks even more. :hatsoff:

At least we were able to keep the history in the city. But it still sucks. Especially because a couple years later the Ravens win the Super bowl. :mad:

And like I said before, I gotta respect all the TRUE Steelers fans. You guys have a great franchise and I know you appreciate them. lol call me crazy but I have faith we will be great to one day.

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 05:53 PM
What shocks me is the posts from some of you guys saying you will not support this team anymore till things improve or as one poster put it, he will remove the Steelers plate from his car :doh:

. look at the join date and the post counts of the morons who post that kinda garbage. my guess is 99% of them are 15 yrs old or younger.... i GUARANTEE none of them were steeler fans during the eighties.

mesaSteeler
12-12-2009, 06:00 PM
look at the join date and the post counts of the morons who post that kinda garbage. my guess is 99% of them are 15 yrs old or younger.... i GUARANTEE none of them were steeler fans during the eighties.

Most of them hadn't yet born in the 80s. We have a lot of trolls and semi trolls floating around right now. Hat off :hatsoff: to the mods for controlling them.

stb_steeler
12-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Absolutely. It will be a great day when we are competitive rivals again. Old school, baby. :thumbsup:

Did you see the 2003 Cleveland/Steelers playoff rerun on NFL net friday night. Those were the days. :thumbsup:

FloridaDawg
12-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Did you see the 2003 Cleveland/Steelers playoff rerun on NFL net friday night. Those were the days. :thumbsup:

lol no matter how many time I see that game, I always think it will end differently.

I still cant believe we screwed that one up.

HometownGal
12-12-2009, 07:42 PM
look at the join date and the post counts of the morons who post that kinda garbage. my guess is 99% of them are 15 yrs old or younger.... i GUARANTEE none of them were steeler fans during the eighties.

You would be absolutely horrified, MOP, to know that about 70% of those you are referring to are over age 30. :horror:

zulater
12-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm no bandwagon fan, I'm not burning my Steeler jerseys, cancelling my subscriction to Steelers Digest etc... But this thread makes me want to puke.. :blah:

Fire Tomlin? No. No chance it's going to happen so I wont engage in the discussion. It doesn't matter that i think the Rooney's blew the turn when they let Whiz walk out the door. The Rooney's pride themselves on orginizational stability, rightly so I may add. So coming off a Super Bowl win you know coach Sound bite er Tomlin has enough equity that it would take no less than 5 straight miserable seasons for that to happen.( got a hunch that might be what's on the way) But that doesn't mean I'm happy with him. That doesn't mean I don't understand why some Steeler fans are calling for his hide. Hell it's not an illogical argument to suggest that Tomlin has done a worse job coaching his team relative to talent than any coach in the NFL. How the hell do you lose to a 2 win, 3 win, and 1 win team over a four game stretch with a roster full of All Pro caliber players? Unreasonable my butt. :mad:

And no I haven't forgot the good times. I still relish the memories of the majority of the last 40 years of Steelers football. But never in all that time have I witnessed a bigger bunch of underachievers in Black and Gold. So if I comment on what a bunch of self satisfied, petulant, coddled losers they are it doesn't mean I'm jumping ship.It just means I'm frustrated that the sum isn't equal to the whole of the parts in this particuliar equation. In the 80's when they lost it was understandable. But this last 5 game stretch is one that is simply beyond reasonable explanation when you consider the teams they faced.

So it's ridiculous to come out all high and mighty and question the loyalty or faithfullness of any Steeler fan that voices their frustration over what's transpired over the course of the past 5 weeks.

devilsdancefloor
12-12-2009, 11:54 PM

you are right they where not fans in the 80s they liked the niners than:wink02:

mesaSteeler
12-13-2009, 12:07 AM
You would be absolutely horrified, MOP, to know that about 70% of those you are referring to are over age 30. :horror:

Chronologically perhaps, emotionally I think not.