PDA

View Full Version : Oh well

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 12:38 PM
i am not sure what's going to happen this off-season. i think the steelers will cut 2 or more coaches. i am thinking arians, ligashesky, zierlein and the secondary coach(can't remember is name) are on the hotseat. as for the players, i am thinking carter will be cut and replaced by mundy. i don't think gay is going anywhere. he may be demoted, but i doubt he will be cut. the O-line needs a consistent tackle. the depth in that area isn't strong. i like colon, but i feel he is better suited for guard. IMO, the steelers will not draft a CB unless there is a solid blue chipper staring at them. i think they will go with a safety before CB due to a couple of CBs being drafted in 2009. i would like to see the aging DL get a boost of talent. i know they picked hood last year, but they still need more youth in the ranks.

we are all upset at how our team performed this year. some of us take it well and some others go ballistic. we all have our ways of venting. at times it's rational while others times it's irrational. in the end we all cheer and care about the same team. we are going to have a lot of interesting conversations and probably many fights this off-season, but that's what makes this interesting and fun. you get to read other fan's views from all over the globe. :drink:

i was going to make this a long-winded post, but i shortened it a lot. :thumbsup:

Dino 6 Rings
12-11-2009, 12:45 PM
I think Moore is cut and Parker gets a home town discount contract to become the 3rd down back or maybe...punt return guy?

LB I think Farrior is in serious trouble of losing his starting job going into next season. Timmons will stay where he is, as will Woodley and Harrison. We may look closely at free agency to improve depth at this position however.

Dline must be addressed, we can't have a guy like Smith going down cause the total collapse we've seen.

Oline...maybe a new center...or something...no idea...there is a lot of money tied up in the oline at this point.

WR...don't see much changes. Wallace will improve, Holmes is the #1 and Ward will stay in the slot. Sweed might not make the team but we'll see.

FB...we actually get one.

QB...move along

CB...I think Ike is in serious trouble, this is the second time in his career with the Steelers he's been "benched" or at least called out. Clark needs resigned for sure. Also we need a new back up saftey, Carter is not the answer...almost miss Anthony Smith...almost...but not really

Coaches...Oline Coach...gone...Secondary Coach...gone...Special Teams Coach...gone...Offensive Coordinator....pending gone...Ben loves the guy...but he may be gone regardless of what Ben wants...time to get back to running the ball on 3rd and 1...effing 3 and outs are killing us...shotgun formation sacks on 3rd and short are killing this team.

That's what I see.

steeltheone
12-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Parker is gone. he is not a third down back. He cannot catch. Moore is foolishly underused. He is our 3rd back. Much cheaper and better. Our problem is the older guys keisel, Smith, Farrior and Casey which will leave via fa. You can keep these guys if your winning, but you dont lose with 34 year olds. You go younger. Farrior is slow and needs replaced.

43Hitman
12-11-2009, 01:39 PM
i am not sure what's going to happen this off-season. i think the steelers will cut 2 or more coaches. i am thinking arians, ligashesky, zierlein and the secondary coach(can't remember is name) are on the hotseat. as for the players, i am thinking carter will be cut and replaced by mundy. i don't think gay is going anywhere. he may be demoted, but i doubt he will be cut. the O-line needs a consistent tackle. the depth in that area isn't strong. i like colon, but i feel he is better suited for guard. IMO, the steelers will not draft a CB unless there is a solid blue chipper staring at them. i think they will go with a safety before CB due to a couple of CBs being drafted in 2009. i would like to see the aging DL get a boost of talent. i know they picked hood last year, but they still need more youth in the ranks.

we are all upset at how our team performed this year. some of us take it well and some others go ballistic. we all have our ways of venting. at times it's rational while others times it's irrational. in the end we all cheer and care about the same team. we are going to have a lot of interesting conversations and probably many fights this off-season, but that's what makes this interesting and fun. you get to read other fan's views from all over the globe. :drink:

i was going to make this a long-winded post, but i shortened it a lot. :thumbsup:

Very good post Dude. I would like to see us draft a safety and a nose tackle(preferably the kid from Alabama).

steel9guy
12-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I agree. great post. I'm hoping we take a middle linebacker.

Steeldude
12-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I think Moore is cut

really? IMO, i think moore is our most consistent RB. i'm thinking parker will be let go. this will ease the RB rotation. also, moore is a dual threat.

stb_steeler
12-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Parker is gone. he is not a third down back. He cannot catch. Moore is foolishly underused. He is our 3rd back. Much cheaper and better. Our problem is the older guys keisel, Smith, Farrior and Casey which will leave via fa. You can keep these guys if your winning, but you dont lose with 34 year olds. You go younger. Farrior is slow and needs replaced.

It would be a shame to lose Moore, he hasnt been used much lately to his ability. Havent seen any check down pass's to him in the last few games.

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 02:32 PM

I agree with pretty much everything you just said.

I do think Colon might be able to hang on where he is, though. I think he's really come around this year and Stapleton made him look a lot worse than he was. Maybe Foster is the depth at tackle that we've needed (I think that was his original position, right?) But if none of Urbik, Hills or Shipley makes significant progress, we would be well served to grab another OL this offseason for overall depth.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a DL high this year, but I would be surprised if it was anything but a NT. Keisel is still as good as ever, we've got Hood, and Harris might be another up-and-comer. If not a DL, I'd say our next most likely priority is MLB.

If Hampton leaves and we don't get a massive NT, could we switch to the 4-3, with Woodley becoming a flex-DE type player, and Timmons and Harrison as OLBs? Probably not, but it would solve certain problems and I don't know if Tomlin's married to the 3-4.

This is devolving into the rambling genre, so I guess that's where I'll end it. Just some random thoughts.

Galax Steeler
12-11-2009, 04:05 PM
It would be a shame to lose Moore, he hasnt been used much lately to his ability. Havent seen any check down pass's to him in the last few games.

I think they are using Mendenhall more now in third down situations. Moore seems to be disapearing form plays. I still think he will make the team next year and Parker will be gone. He is just to good not to have around on third downs if needed.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-11-2009, 04:11 PM
really? IMO, i think moore is our most consistent RB. i'm thinking parker will be let go. this will ease the RB rotation. also, moore is a dual threat.

I'll bet $$ that Mewelde Moore stays. he is all you said and has another year on his contract. Parker will be let to test Free Agency.

Gonna be interesting in the offseason. Maybe Hampton stays, maybe we draft a NT in the 1st round. Or maybe that blue chip O lineman is there at #12 to prevent 8 sacks. Maybe Brandon Spikes or Rolando McLain, or even Eric Berry??

Maybe Arians, Zeirline, Horton are gone like you suggest. Any way, its still gonna be fun to see what happens. Love being a Steeler fan!!!!

MaidenIndiana
12-11-2009, 04:24 PM
I think Moore will be here next year but Fast Willie is gone. I can't see Hampton being here either although he hasn't done much this year IMO to attract a lot of interest on the free agent market Still some team will throw a lot of money hs way. Clark HAS to be resigned.

steelpride12
12-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Id like to see Parker stay I wouldn't be surprised if he did as well. He does not do much, but he look pretty spunky out there with the chances he is getting. Moore as well is such a versatile third down back and very underrated I would hate for him to go as well, but I feel between him and Parker he will stay.

Steeldude
12-12-2009, 02:44 PM
or even Eric Berry

now wouldn't that be something. if the steelers pick somewhere around 12 to 15, they could work a plan to trade up and perhaps snag him.

stillers4me
12-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Hopefully, our new OC will evaluate the talent on the team, and decide who stays and who goes. :thumbsup:

steelreserve
12-12-2009, 03:36 PM
now wouldn't that be something. if the steelers pick somewhere around 12 to 15, they could work a plan to trade up and perhaps snag him.

He's going to be a great player for whoever gets him. I just don't see us reaching for a guy who's going to command close to $10 million a year right out of college. Especially with all the DBs we just drafted.

We seem to get most of our DBs in rounds 2-5 where we find guys who are solid but not terribly flashy. Although I guess if we see guys like Polamalu or Woodson, we make an exception. Well, it'll be interesting. We'll see.

Personally, it we end up in the 12-15 spot, I'd see us as more likely to go after Terrance Cody from Alabama. There tend to be either one or zero players per draft that could step into a Casey Hampton role, and we need one badly if we want to continue in the 3-4.

Steeldude
12-12-2009, 04:02 PM
the concern i have with cody is his weight. can he keep it under control? he's roughly 365 now. how much will that change when he starts earning the big money?