PDA

View Full Version : its funny what a loss to the browns will do

SteelC7
12-11-2009, 04:45 PM
i love it, all of u who were talkin crap to me wen i posted a thread saying "wat do u guys think about next year" i caught alot of crap for that...but now, those same ppl are all talkin about next year, :chuckle: i love the flipflopping that happens in this place, its so fun to hear wat these guys have to say now compared to 3 days ago :rofl:

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 05:12 PM
Before Thursday's game WAS too early to write off the season. Being one game out of the wild card with four to go is not a death sentence. But it IS when you're two games out with three to play, and losing most of the tiebreakers. Giving up before was being pretty cynical. Now, it's just a mathematical reality.

When you first posted that, we still had a legitimate shot at the playoffs by winning four games. I don't see what's wrong with believeing in that, or at least hoping for it. Now, we're eliminated by all but the thinnest of technicalities.

:tombstone season

Christian Snyder
12-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Before Thursday's game WAS too early to write off the season. Being one game out of the wild card with four to go is not a death sentence. But it IS when you're two games out with three to play, and losing most of the tiebreakers. Giving up before was being pretty cynical. Now, it's just a mathematical reality.

When you first posted that, we still had a legitimate shot at the playoffs by winning four games. I don't see what's wrong with believeing in that, or at least hoping for it. Now, we're eliminated by all but the thinnest of technicalities.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

SteelBaller
12-11-2009, 05:25 PM
Well SteelC7 was just talking about next year because he understood that the Steelers weren't going to be able to win 4 games in a row. Some of you are just jerks and think that someone who has that opinion isn't a real fan. After losing to the Chiefs and the Raiders, many of us were pretty comfortable saying it was over. It just took a loss to the Browns to convince the more stubborn ones.

Psyychoward86
12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
i love it, all of u who were talkin crap to me wen i posted a thread saying "wat do u guys think about next year" i caught alot of crap for that...but now, those same ppl are all talkin about next year, :chuckle: i love the flipflopping that happens in this place, its so fun to hear wat these guys have to say now compared to 3 days ago :rofl:

so you're making a thread about how satisfying and hilarious it is that u proved everyone wrong. Want a pat on the back?

solardave
12-11-2009, 05:51 PM

I agree with you. That's what FANS do. As bleak as it looked I still held out hope. But last night pretty much unplugged the light at the end of the tunnel.

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Well SteelC7 was just talking about next year because he understood that the Steelers weren't going to be able to win 4 games in a row. Some of you are just jerks and think that someone who has that opinion isn't a real fan. After losing to the Chiefs and the Raiders, many of us were pretty comfortable saying it was over. It just took a loss to the Browns to convince the more stubborn ones.

Being cynical doesn't mean you're not a "real fan." It just means you're being cynical. Criticism is part of being a fan. I just think giving up on the season early, and telling the rest of us that there's nothing left to root for, doesn't do anything except spread a sour mood around.

Just seems kind of silly to me to be forecasting something where if it you're right, the outcome sucks for you. Like, I know we're going to lose some games, but I won't go into any one game predicting a loss.

Even though the cynics turned out to be correct in this case, I don't think anyone can be faulted for wanting to see proof before joining them. Saying "you're not a real fan" is going too far, but "hey, jerkoff, save it until we're actually eliminated" I completely understand.

Steelerfreak58
12-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Still wore my Steelers jacket and Shirt to work today with pride! I know it sucks complete donkey balls to lose the way we have but they will be laying me to rest in my Lambert Jersey or I am going to haunt the shit out of someone.

Christian Snyder
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM
so you're making a thread about how satisfying and hilarious it is that u proved everyone wrong. Want a pat on the back?
He also wants a cookie.

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Still wore my Steelers jacket and Shirt to work today with pride! I know it sucks complete donkey balls to lose the way we have but they will be laying me to rest in my Lambert Jersey or I am going to haunt the shit out of someone.

I celebrate their triumphs and I bleed with them in their losses.

I was born a Steelers fan. I will die a Steelers fan.

steelwalls
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
You win? :noidea:

SteelC7
12-12-2009, 01:09 AM
yes jackasses i do want a cookie and a pat on the back, cuz u were all being assholes (sorry if i cant say that, edit it if i cant) wen all i said was wat do u guys think we should do next year- draft picks, hirings/firings. i didnt give up on the season i watched the game last nite and hoped for winning the rest of our games. i just started asking ppl wat they thought we should do over the offseason, so try not to be cyber fags and talk trash over the internet wen were all the same team here we all love the steelers, everybodys a fan in their own way, ive been one my whole life and will be the rest of my life, even if we start losing every game, i love this team with all my heart and i think that some of u who wanna be jerk offs about it are just pathetic...bottom line, i love this team and cant wait for us to kick everybodys ass next year

steelreserve
12-12-2009, 01:47 AM
yes jackasses i do want a cookie and a pat on the back, cuz u were all being assholes (sorry if i cant say that, edit it if i cant) wen all i said was wat do u guys think we should do next year- draft picks, hirings/firings. i didnt give up on the season i watched the game last nite and hoped for winning the rest of our games. i just started asking ppl wat they thought we should do over the offseason, so try not to be cyber fags and talk trash over the internet wen were all the same team here we all love the steelers, everybodys a fan in their own way, ive been one my whole life and will be the rest of my life, even if we start losing every game, i love this team with all my heart and i think that some of u who wanna be jerk offs about it are just pathetic...bottom line, i love this team and cant wait for us to kick everybodys ass next year

OK, but just a word of advice: Talking draft picks with a quarter of the season left is going to give a lot of people the impression that you're being cynical and given up. Maybe that's not what you meant, but you can see how people could interpret it that way. And there are a number of people here who have gotten a little ... sensitive ... in the last year because they perceive too much negativity. Anyway, this is not the kind of thing to be fighting over right now.

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 03:09 AM

:cookie:

markymarc
12-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I celebrate their triumphs and I bleed with them in their losses.

I was born a Steelers fan. I will die a Steelers fan.

You summed it up perfectly!