PDA

View Full Version : This whole mess is Troy's fault-

steelerchad
12-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Because he got hurt and when he doesn't play, we don't get any Turnovers.

Just a few stats to show how important he is to this D in getting them.

Of our 13 games Troy has only played 4 games and missed 9.

Of the 4 games he played we are 4-0.
Of the 9 games he missed we are 2-7.

In the 4 games he played our D forced 11 turnovers, or almost 3 per game.
In the 9 games he missed our D forced 5 turnovers, or almost half a turnover per game.

In all 4 of Troys games we got multiple turnovers.

Of the games Troy didn't play only the Baltimore game had 2 turnovers, which we lost with our rookie QB.
The other 3 TO's came against the Chargers, Lions (both wins), and KC (OT loss). So even without Troy, when we were able to get a TO we stood a decent chance of winning.

Our record in games that we forced at least 1 turnover - 6-2
Games that we didn't force any turnovers - 0-5

Sit Troy the rest of the year at this point and bring him back strong next year. He is the heart of this defense.

mesaSteeler
12-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I agree, sit Troy for the rest of the year or put him on IR. Also we need to use the draft to get him some help.

Preacher
12-11-2009, 06:31 PM
That shows not how good Troy is (he is very good) but just how much trouble this DEFENSE is in, if one player makes that much difference.

Its time we revamp our DB's. I LOVE Clark. But he has to start looking to catch the ball instead of just hitting people.

We need CB's that are willing to catch the ball as well. Hate to say it... but Deon Sanders TODAY would be a help to us as a DB.

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 07:22 PM
I think Troy and Clarke are ying and yang. They are both at thier finest when both are they are on the field together.

steelreserve
12-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Bah. I think the defense did a pretty admirable job in most of the games without Troy. Even without taking the ball away, we'd tend to hold the opponent to 10 or 13 points -- which is usually enough to win -- only to have the offense or special teams give up some idiot touchdown on an 80-yard return. We'd leave 10-14 points on the board in the red zone in most of those games.

Only place I think we really missed him is shutting down the opponent to close out a game. We did not have the same killer instinct. But overall, the defense is still pretty fricking good.

It just sucks that in order to truly be all-world, we have to depend on one guy to be healthy ... a guy who throws his body around like it's a demolition derby. I realize that that's how he plays and he wouldn't be the same dominant player if he didn't, but I'm probably going to get butterflies every time I see him go diving into the pile from now on.

devilsdancefloor
12-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I think Troy and Clarke are ying and yang. They are both at thier finest when both are they are on the field together.

communication they can look at each other and know without a word what the other is doing. I am guess ty and ryan are not on the same page and it shows.

Godfather
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM
That shows not how good Troy is (he is very good) but just how much trouble this DEFENSE is in, if one player makes that much difference.

Its time we revamp our DB's. I LOVE Clark. But he has to start looking to catch the ball instead of just hitting people.

We need CB's that are willing to catch the ball as well. Hate to say it... but Deon Sanders TODAY would be a help to us as a DB.

Troy isn't the only Pro Bowler missing.

Christian Snyder
12-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I agree, sit Troy for the rest of the year or put him on IR. Also we need to use the draft to get him some help.
NO! They better play him against GB. If the Steelers beat GB that helps the Eagles!:chuckle:

Christian Snyder
12-11-2009, 07:40 PM

We need CB's that are willing to catch the ball as well. Hate to say it... but Deon Sanders TODAY would be a help to us as a DB. We're not just missing Troy, we're missing Aaron Smith.

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Aaron Smith was a huge loss. The chain reaction starts right there.

GodofGridiron
12-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Troys agent should have never answered the damn phone when EA Sports came a callin.......Madden curse aint no joke.

@Ben's agents office in late May

phone rings*
Bens agent: " Hello"....

voice on phone: Hi im ______ with EA Sports and id like to see if your cli..... (conversation abruptly ends) click*

AllD
12-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Somebody send BA a new Hyabusa.

SH-Rock
12-11-2009, 08:48 PM
The steelers need some major defensive play changes. The steelers defense is amazing but Troy is the whole morale of the defense. When Troy makes those big plays the whole defense is hyped, but when he's not there everyone are just lazy ass mofo's