PDA

View Full Version : Question for forum members........

Super Fan
12-11-2009, 06:42 PM
I heard today that the Steelers are not officially eliminated from the play offs.......They re on lefe support but not eliminated....Anyone know for sure?

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 06:47 PM
I believe that if we win out, and get some help elsewhere, it is possible for us to get a wildcard slot.

But realistically, this team is not a playoff team. As much as it hurts to say it, these are not the '05 Steelers, and a playoff appearance would be an embarrassing spectacle.

We need to lick our wounds, get new leadership, and build for next year. And it all starts next week against the Pack, with a win.

SteelerEmpire
12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
I "hope" that we'll win out... but I "predict " that we'll lose out...
Yea. The team still has a chance mathematically, but there is a better chance of pulling a "royal flush" out of a deck of cards than that...

theplatypus
12-11-2009, 06:56 PM
We are not eliminated yet. Although, I wouldn't hold my breath or bet the house on them.

steelerchad
12-11-2009, 07:00 PM
That's true. But a lot would have to happen.
For starters, we need to win out and finish 9-7.
Then,
Denver or Jax need to lose 3 of their last 4 games. If one of them doesn't, Denver will be at least 10-6 and Jax. would be at least 9-7 with a tiebreaker against us.
Then,
Automatically Balt. and Miami would not be able to finish better than 9-7 since we would have beaten them both by us going 9-7, but we need them each to lose 1 other game to both finish 8-8 as they would hold tiebreakers.
Then,
The Jets would need to lose 2 of their last 4 to finish 8-8 as they also would own a conference record tiebreaker.

My guess is, the first thing on this list doesn't happen and it's a mute point. But it is mathematically possible.

AllD
12-11-2009, 07:37 PM
It's over Johnny. The horse has left the barn. No mas. The fat lady has sung.

Preacher
12-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Then,
Denver or Jax need to lose 3 of their last 4 games. If one of them doesn't, Denver will be at least 10-6 and Jax. would be at least 9-7 with a tiebreaker against us.
Then,
Automatically Balt. and Miami would not be able to finish better than 9-7 since we would have beaten them both by us going 9-7, but we need them each to lose 1 other game to both finish 8-8 as they would hold tiebreakers.
Then,
The Jets would need to lose 2 of their last 4 to finish 8-8 as they also would own a conference record tiebreaker.

My guess is, the first thing on this list doesn't happen and it's a mute point. But it is mathematically possible.

:chuckle: But Ben is just a drama queen... He was just waiting for this opportunity to make it more exciting!

Shellshock
12-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Were last in in all the tie breakers.

steelerchad
12-11-2009, 07:54 PM
:chuckle: But Ben is just a drama queen... He was just waiting for this opportunity to make it more exciting!

Preacher- I'd like to believe you're right and the Steelers will make a miracle march into the playoffs. But I think even you have packed it in for this year. I noticed your SB XLIV avatar is missing and I swear it was there a couple of hours ago.

steelreserve
12-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Then,
Then,
Then,

That actually looks possible. Denver sucks, Jacksonville sucks, the Jets suck, and Miami and Baltimore are only mediocre. The hardest part of that is probably us winning all 3 of our remaining games.

What do you want to bet this turns out like 2006, when everyone thought we were done at 4-7, only it turned out we actually WOULD'VE made the playoffs at 9-7 if we hadn't laid a stink bomb against Baltimore at the very end. I bet everything else falls into place, but we still blow it by finishing 8-8.

markymarc
12-12-2009, 12:05 PM
It's time to remove our playoff chances from life support.

Psyychoward86
12-12-2009, 12:09 PM
sometimes, u cant count on statistics to determine whether we're technically out of the playoffs or not. We are NOT going to the playoffs, and we dont deserve to.

Edman
12-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I see delusion still runs deep in this forum.

It's over man. This is not a playoff caliber team. The players have given up, and it was written all over their faces Thursday Night. They're embarrassed by this mounumental collapse and getting owned by a one-win team. They want to go home, they want the season to end, and so do we.

We're done. Play for next year, start auditioning the youngsters, and start thinking about some replacements not only in the personnel, but in the coaching staff. Arians can be the first one out the door.

JEFF4i
12-12-2009, 12:29 PM
We are a playoff team, just gotta get out of this funk,