PDA

View Full Version : Can the Bengals beat the mighty Vikes?

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I've listened all week to all the experts say why the Vikes will win. And I've witnessed my fellow Bengal fans, in large part, say we can win but not being convinced about it. I may be the only person on the planet, besides Adam Scheffter, who truly believes win can beat the all mighty Minnesota Favres!! So, seeing that you guys have faced them and beat them, I was wondering what Steeler fans think.

stlrtruck
12-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Given the bengals credit for this season, I think it's going to be an environment which they may not be up for the entire game. They've done well playing the ravens and Steelers at home but this is an NFC team with a lot of talent and a defensive unit that is just as aggressive, I should say can be just as aggressive.

The bengals will definitely have their hands full and will need to play a complete game. I believe because this game is in Minnesota that the vikings will squeak this one. I think the bengals are due for that let down and this just may be the game.

But then again, what the hell do I know!

stillers4me
12-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Cripes, they barely beat us.

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Given the bengals credit for this season, I think it's going to be an environment which they may not be up for the entire game. They've done well playing the ravens and Steelers at home but this is an NFC team with a lot of talent and a defensive unit that is just as aggressive, I should say can be just as aggressive.

The bengals will definitely have their hands full and will need to play a complete game. I believe because this game is in Minnesota that the vikings will squeak this one. I think the bengals are due for that let down and this just may be the game.

But then again, what the hell do I know!

Everything you say is true Truck. I think the Bengals may have a couple things going for them, for whatever it's worth. In the last 7 games against the NFC North, they are 7-0, including picking Favre off 5 times the last time they him. Plus, I don't know that the Vikes have faced a team this year that has a power running game like Cincy's. I know the Williams boys are stout, but can they hold up for 60 minutes? Maybe we go there and get crushed, but I have a good feeling about this one, don't know why.

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Cripes, they barely beat us.

But, you guys beat the Vikes. So who knows?:noidea:

NEPAsteeler
12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
This game is a toss-up for me... I mean, we beat the Vikings but the Bengals beat us (twice). So who knows. I guess we get to see if the Bengals are definitely for real this season or not. :thumbsup:

AllD
12-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Could this be the game where Favre throws multiple picks and the Bengals keep it close in the 4th? Nah, Vikings by 11.

stlrtruck
12-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Everything you say is true Truck. I think the Bengals may have a couple things going for them, for whatever it's worth. In the last 7 games against the NFC North, they are 7-0, including picking Favre off 5 times the last time they him. Plus, I don't know that the Vikes have faced a team this year that has a power running game like Cincy's. I know the Williams boys are stout, but can they hold up for 60 minutes? Maybe we go there and get crushed, but I have a good feeling about this one, don't know why.

Don't get me wrong, I think the bengals can win but there's something about this game that makes me think the bengals are due for one. Sort of like that good loss you have before you go into the playoffs.

As Palmer has learned it's a different season after December and I don't think he can corral the team for an entire playoff run without another loss this season. This game is just the one for him to go under, especially considering he has been playing at a lower level the last few weeks.

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Don't get me wrong, I think the bengals can win but there's something about this game that makes me think the bengals are due for one. Sort of like that good loss you have before you go into the playoffs.

As Palmer has learned it's a different season after December and I don't think he can corral the team for an entire playoff run without another loss this season. This game is just the one for him to go under, especially considering he has been playing at a lower level the last few weeks.

Great points Truck. And, if we have to lose another one, I would rather we lose this one I guess. We really need to beat the Chargers next week to earn a first round bye.

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Could this be the game where Favre throws multiple picks and the Bengals keep it close in the 4th? Nah, Vikings by 11.

Boo you!:flap:Just kiddin, hope you're not right!

AllD
12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Favre is overdue for his end of year implosion, but he also needs to bounce back after last weekend. If you slow AP and keep him under 100 yards and get two picks, then you win. However, Vikings are faster and will prove it at home.

MasterOfPuppets
12-11-2009, 10:19 PM
nope... :popcorn:

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 10:25 PM
nope... :popcorn:

:flap:

Psyychoward86
12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
the bengals honestly have all the ingredients to win the superbowl. I'm not saying this to suck it up to bengal fans, im saying it because it's true. The Packers and Bengals (#1 and # defense respectively btw) are strangely under the radar. There will be NO Vikings vs. Colts or Saints vs. Colts superbowl. Either the bengals or packers will make it or both. Bank on it

UltimateBengal
12-11-2009, 10:56 PM
the bengals honestly have all the ingredients to win the superbowl. I'm not saying this to suck it up to bengal fans, im saying it because it's true. The Packers and Bengals (#1 and # defense respectively btw) are strangely under the radar. There will be NO Vikings vs. Colts or Saints vs. Colts superbowl. Either the bengals or packers will make it or both. Bank on it

I agree with you about Cincy and GB, because they are both trying to duplicate the Steeler formula..top notch defense, ability to control the clock, and solid QBs. Colin Cowherd actually had similar thoughts to yours on his radio show the other day.

CantStop85
12-12-2009, 02:14 AM
It should be a good game. I won't be too upset if they lose...I just want them to beat the Chargers.

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 03:10 AM
It should be a good game. I won't be too upset if they lose...I just want them to beat the Chargers. nope.....:popcorn:

revefsreleets
12-12-2009, 07:17 AM
Can the Bengals beat the mighty Vikes?

No.

Next question.

steelerdave1969
12-12-2009, 07:28 AM
I've listened all week to all the experts say why the Vikes will win. And I've witnessed my fellow Bengal fans, in large part, say we can win but not being convinced about it. I may be the only person on the planet, besides Adam Scheffter, who truly believes win can beat the all mighty Minnesota Favres!! So, seeing that you guys have faced them and beat them, I was wondering what Steeler fans think.

The Bengals are playing good ball this year thats for sure. The Bengals go to Minnesota is the only reason I dont think they will win. The Steelers got the Vikings at home and we were playing good football at that time just like you guys seem to be right now. I am not saying the Bengals dont have any chance, but your chances are slimmer having to go there and especially after they just lost last week.
Good luck to your team and Merry Christmas

steelerdave1969
12-12-2009, 07:32 AM

The Cincinnati Bengals -vs- Green Bay Packers?
Well it would be different. I dont really know what else to say..

stlrtruck
12-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Great points Truck. And, if we have to lose another one, I would rather we lose this one I guess. We really need to beat the Chargers next week to earn a first round bye.

From a Steelers fan perspective and with the recent history of the bengals self implosion, it is as if I'm waiting for it to happen. Like sitting back and wondering, is today the day?

It looks as if for this year, the bengals have overcome themselves on the field and in the locker room. Chad Johnson has for the most part contained his antics on the field (or should I say he's been contained by other teams) while others have performed together as one unit.

But that's where I go back to the original thought. Can the bengals contain it? Can they maintain control for the next 4 games and ride into the playoffs and hold it together there as well.

The Steeler fan in me says NO WAY. But the football analyst in me, as has already been stated, tells me they have the tools to do it. :noidea:

St33lersguy
12-12-2009, 10:40 AM
The real question is who cares?

Christian Snyder
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
No, you won't. Brett Favre is gonna' tear your D apart and so is Adrian Peterson... The Vikings D will make Carson Palmer look like Brady Quinn (when he doesn't play against the Steelers). Nuff' said.:chuckle:

Final score: 33-13 Vikings.:wink02: No, I actually think it will end 27-14.

stlrtruck
12-12-2009, 11:40 AM
The real question is who cares?

To be honest I care because I really don't want the bungals to have that much success.

Psyychoward86
12-12-2009, 01:12 PM
No, you won't. Brett Favre is gonna' tear your D apart and so is Adrian Peterson... The Vikings D will make Carson Palmer look like Brady Quinn (when he doesn't play against the Steelers). Nuff' said.:chuckle:

Final score: 33-13 Vikings.:wink02: No, I actually think it will end 27-14.

Bengals only have the #2 defense in the league.......including #1 in scoring D and Run D. shocking i know:coffee:

UltimateBengal
12-12-2009, 01:25 PM
It should be a good game. I won't be too upset if they lose...I just want them to beat the Chargers.

I agree with that 85. We really need to Charger win to get a first round bye!:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 03:21 PM
I agree with that 85. We really need to Charger win to get a first round bye!:thumbsup:

geesh....yupur team makes the playoffs every once in a blue moon, but yet you want them to have a week off ? :huh: ...i would think you guys would be anxious to try to get that 18 YEAR OLD MONKEY off your back.....:hunch:

UltimateBengal
12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
geesh....yupur team makes the playoffs every once in a blue moon, but yet you want them to have a week off ? :huh: ...i would think you guys would be anxious to try to get that 18 YEAR OLD MONKEY off your back.....:hunch:

LOL Ummm, there is a reason why teams want to be one of the top 2 seeds. You get the bye, extra time to prepare, and a chance to get your guys healthy. Then, we can get that gorilla off our back!:thumbsup:

Interceptor
12-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't know. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Yes, we beat Pittsburgh twice. Yes, they beat the Vikings. But it's not the same Pittsburgh from last year. No fire. No cohesion. No intensity. I would have preferred if it was a Bengals victory with Troy on the field. Plus, the Vikings are coming home after a loss. They will be pumped up so much to prove themselves. Bengals have to score first and then up their ground game to eat up the clock to keep the ball out of Vikings hands.

UltimateBengal
12-12-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't know. Numbers don't tell the whole story. Yes, we beat Pittsburgh twice. Yes, they beat the Vikings. But it's not the same Pittsburgh from last year. No fire. No cohesion. No intensity. I would have preferred if it was a Bengals victory with Troy on the field. Plus, the Vikings are coming home after a loss. They will be pumped up so much to prove themselves. Bengals have to score first and then up their ground game to eat up the clock to keep the ball out of Vikings hands.

Couldn't agree more. That can also set up a couple opportunities down field off play action. :drink:

Rinkleroot
12-12-2009, 03:55 PM
No, Vikes win 38 - 17.

UltimateBengal
12-12-2009, 04:00 PM
No, Vikes win 38 - 17.

:banging:Noooooooooooooo!!!!:flap:

CantStop85
12-12-2009, 06:08 PM

I don't care about the Bengals winning a playoff game...I care about them winning a Super Bowl. They've won playoff games before...they've never managed to win a Super Bowl.

It ultimately doesn't matter if they win a playoff game if they just end up getting eliminated in the very next game.

MasterOfPuppets
12-12-2009, 06:19 PM
I don't care about the Bengals winning a playoff game...I care about them winning a Super Bowl. They've won playoff games before...they've never managed to win a Super Bowl.

It ultimately doesn't matter if they win a playoff game if they just end up getting eliminated in the very next game.
in your lifetime ? :sofunny:

CantStop85
12-12-2009, 10:13 PM
in your lifetime ? :sofunny:

Yes...I was about 1 year old. :chuckle:

Mr. Dô
12-13-2009, 02:58 AM
I watched my Bengals go to the Super bowl and lose to Joe Montana in the last seconds of the game :mad:

I believe we can win this game against Minnesota. but it will be a tough one. The Vikings Secondary is getting a bit weak right now. Palmer should have a good game if they don't stick with the run game that is.

MACH1
12-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Vikes are gonna kick your ass.

CantStop85
12-13-2009, 03:42 AM
Vikes are gonna kick your ass.

Like every team in the NFL has yours? :chuckle:

Mr. Dô
12-13-2009, 04:31 AM
to be just like CantStop85 I just met him for the first time but I shall assume he's dumb for this post

Like every team in the NFL has yours? :chuckle:

they did beat 6 other teams so not every team has kicked their ass dumb ****

You're the reason Cincinnati fans look retarded.

Aussie_steeler
12-13-2009, 05:47 AM
to be just like CantStop85 I just met him for the first time but I shall assume he's dumb for this post

they did beat 6 other teams so not every team has kicked their ass dumb ****

You're the reason Cincinnati fans look retarded.

He is a well respected poster around here. Always a hint of sarcasm form CS85

He is definitely not a troll and he is definitely not dumb. He has been taking his licks for a while around here so he is well positioned to give us a bit.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
TOUCHDOWN !!! 23-7 vikes.... not looking good for the bengals..:chuckle:

MACH1
12-13-2009, 04:01 PM
30-10 Vikes.

Guess the answer is NO.

Edman
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
The answer is no.

The Bengals are definately the best team in a weakened AFC North this year. The division is still all but theirs to lose.

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:07 PM
TOUCHDOWN !!! 23-7 vikes.... not looking good for the bengals..:chuckle:

It's not over yet!:popcorn:

Interceptor
12-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Well, that sure sucked bigm00sec0ck. So.......

Who wants to trade offensive coordinators?

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, that sure sucked bigm00sec0ck. So.......

Who wants to trade offensive coordinators?

Why would we need a new OC? Hell, in the last 3 weeks Carson has exploded for 110 and 94 yards!:sofunny:

Edman
12-13-2009, 07:02 PM
We'll gladly trade you Arians for Bratkoswki.

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 09:45 AM
We'll gladly trade you Arians for Bratkoswki.

I'll even throw in a few Primanti Brother sam'wiches

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 02:03 PM
The Vikes are a good team. Not great. The NFC is still the AFC's weak sister.

Bengals will make an early withdrawal from the playoffs, but at least they MADE the playoffs. That's a HUGE win for a franchise of that caliber. But, unfortunately for them, teams like the Chargers and Colts make the playoffs, not the Lions and the Browns.

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 03:25 PM
What's strange is that the Bengals have finally made it to the playoffs, but Palmer is having one of his weakest seasons, statistically. The last two weeks, he's put up some pathetic numbers. He hasn't had an impressive game since they played the Bears.

Of course, I guess for Palmer, getting to the end of the season without an injury is considered a huge success. By his own asshat estimation, that's "dominating" the league.

stillers4me
12-14-2009, 09:19 PM
What's strange is that the Bengals have finally made it to the playoffs, but Palmer is having one of his weakest seasons, statistically. The last two weeks, he's put up some pathetic numbers. He hasn't had an impressive game since they played the Bears.

The have a r...r....run.......running game. I think that's what they call it.

UltimateBengal
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
The have a r...r....run.......running game. I think that's what they call it.

Spit it out!:sofunny: