PDA

View Full Version : STATE BOUND!!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-12-2009, 09:36 AM
My daughters Junior High team is 24-0 and has advanced to state. They have two games today and if they win them both they will play for the chamiponship on Thursday!!!!

I know...junior-high sports...but I have to tell you that they play some exciting and savvy b-ball. They have 4 girls that would be athletic-stars on any other team...they all just happen to be the same age and go to the same school and are crazy-good together. Some of these girls have been playing together since they were 5!!!!!

We are leaving at 11:00 am today to make the trip.....WISH US LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stlrtruck
12-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Prayers for your daughter and her team!

GO GET 'EM

SteelCityMan786
12-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Good Luck!

GoSlash27
12-12-2009, 11:16 AM
Outstanding! I'm glad some people around here have something to cheer about. :tt02:
Best of luck to your daughter and her team!

SCSTILLER
12-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Best of luck to your daughter and her team!

I can tell how proud Dad is of her.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 04:19 AM
We advanced to the Final four and lost a heartbreaker in the semi finals...(We were up all game and went down by 4 points in the last 2 minutes)

So we will play for 3rd-4th place on Thursday.

Thanks for the well wishes... My daughter is devasted tonight about the loss, but you know what they always say...In basketball, 3rd place finishes the season happier than 2nd place.

Galax Steeler
12-13-2009, 09:33 AM
We advanced to the Final four and lost a heartbreaker in the semi finals...(We were up all game and went down by 4 points in the last 2 minutes)

So we will play for 3rd-4th place on Thursday.

Thanks for the well wishes... My daughter is devasted tonight about the loss, but you know what they always say...In basketball, 3rd place finishes the season happier than 2nd place.

That is still something to be proud of.:applaudit:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 09:51 AM
That is still something to be proud of.:applaudit:

Thank you...and you are right..it doesnt diminish their ability and teamwork at all.

Nadroj 20
12-13-2009, 10:02 AM
This is great good luck to your daughter and the rest of the girls.....i wish them continued success through high school as well.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 10:37 AM
This is great good luck to your daughter and the rest of the girls.....i wish them continued success through high school as well.

Our junior high is HUGE ...1,081 kids. The Junior high feeds into three High Schools, but strangely enough, everyone of the girls are districted to go to the same School next year.

As we were watching the game last night, a guy sitting beside me asked if my daughter was on a winter travelling team and if not would she be interested in playing for his. I am going to leave it up to her...but I hope she is interested.

Believe it or not...my 5'10 14 year old is the 4th tallest girl on the team!!!

Nadroj 20
12-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Our junior high is HUGE ...1,081 kids. The Junior high feeds into three High Schools, but strangely enough, everyone of the girls are districted to go to the same School next year.

As we were watching the game last night, a guy sitting beside me asked if my daughter was on a winter travelling team and if not would she be interested in playing for his. I am going to leave it up to her...but I hope she is interested.

Believe it or not...my 5'10 14 year old is the 4th tallest girl on the team!!!

Umm that junior high is bigger then my high school :chuckle:

I love basketball and i really benefited from playing in the offseason like summer ball and stuff. That winter team sounds like a really good experience and it will always benefit any kid who chooses to do it.

Preacher
12-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Dang... that Jr. H. is about at big as my highschool was, and we were a 3A school, which was the biggest you could get at the time.

Congrats.