PDA

View Full Version : Does all the media hype worry you

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 07:27 PM
We've been flying under the radar ever since our 3 game skid mid season.. much like the seahawks have done.. Now all of the sudden, from the Steelers standpoint, everybody on espn, fox, cbs, nfl network, espnradio, all want a piece of our Steelers every chance they get.

Ive heard more interviews of Steeler players on espn radio in the last week then I have all year. More NFL network Steelers cam than almost all year, articles, more praise for what we've accomplished, more inside info than you can possibly shake a stick at.

I know, every NFL superbowl team goes thru this during the 2 weeks heading up to the games, its par for the course. Cowher and the Steelers have been to the playoffs many times, and in AFCGG's before so we know what hype is and fortunately Bill and some of the coaches and willie williams have been to an SB so they know what the hype is, and they call all help the rest of the players stay grounded and focused once we land in detroit.

Personally, while I love seeing our black n gold all over the media every day, hell our local paper has had a full color picture of a Steeler player in every day since the AFCGG (which Ive saved by the way :cool: ) , .... I'm not so sure i'd rather just have everybody not keep ignoring us.

But its the Super Bowl.. we earned the right to be here, so now we just gotta go out and finish the job !!

VegasStlrFan
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
You had to know it was coming, its all about ratings and in this SB the Steelers are the media darlings. I don't like the hype it takes away from the game and occupies the player's time to much.

tony hipchest
01-27-2006, 07:44 PM
i was far more worried when the steelers received all this attention before beating the broncos. they passed the test and now is the icing on the cake. the steelers will relish the moment, but more importantly, on feb. 5 go out and show why they were relishing it.

BlackNGold203
01-27-2006, 07:46 PM
I think the staff and the players have their heads in the right place...its just a feeling I have....but I feel extremely good about how this is gonna play out...

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Question: Does all the media hype worry you?

Answer: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The media is building us up to be invisible, just like they did with carolina and washington before us. Believe it or not, it goes to the players heads. Not only does the media attention worry me, but so does the constant comparison between Marino and Big Ben. :::::NEWS FLASH::::: MARINO NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL. They might as well be comparing Jeff Reed to Scott Norwood. The media loves to build up the weaker team so that when they lose it is an even bigger story.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!
In Cower we Trust!

SteelerFire
01-27-2006, 08:07 PM
:sign01: The media unfortunately sensationalizes everything. This is the same media that was Steeler bashing all week before they kicked Colts' butt. Now they're making our boys into the best thing since chocolate ice cream.

I don't pay attention. I don't think they do either. We just BELIEVE

louisvillecards
01-27-2006, 08:11 PM
Question: Does all the media hype worry you?

Answer: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The media is building us up to be invisible, just like they did with carolina and washington before us. Believe it or not, it goes to the players heads. Not only does the media attention worry me, but so does the constant comparison between Marino and Big Ben. :::::NEWS FLASH::::: MARINO NEVER WON A SUPERBOWL. They might as well be comparing Jeff Reed to Scott Norwood. The media loves to build up the weaker team so that when they lose it is an even bigger story.

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!
In Cower we Trust!
are you retarted or something take the short bus back to seattle troll

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 08:15 PM
I aint gonna ride the bus to seattle, Im riding that shit all the way to Detroit!!!!!

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!

PS I can have my opinions even if it bothers you!

The Seattle O line is better than ours!! Does it bother you? WELL ITS FRICKIN TRUE! so we will have to find a way to deal

Koopa
01-27-2006, 08:29 PM
it don't bother me cause i've pretty much stopped watching espn, as much as i love to see my team get love it's gets a little old and i can't stand most of the reporters on espn

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2006, 08:35 PM
I aint gonna ride the bus to seattle, Im riding that shit all the way to Detroit!!!!!

Go Steelers!!!!!!!!!

PS I can have my opinions even if it bothers you!

The Seattle O line is better than ours!! Does it bother you? WELL ITS FRICKIN TRUE! so we will have to find a way to deal

COME OUT OF THE CLOSET !! YOU AIN"T NO STEELER FAN!! I'll bet your Hardwork's reach-around partner!!!

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 08:40 PM
COME OUT OF THE CLOSET !! YOU AIN"T NO STEELER FAN!! I'll bet your Hardwork's reach-around partner!!!

Rather than make accusations, why dont you discuss like a man where I am wrong?

Maine Steeler Fans Rejoice!!! Superbowl is next week!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Rather than make accusations, why dont you discuss like a man where I am wrong?

Maine Steeler Fans Rejoice!!! Superbowl is next week!!

I didn't accuse you of anything, you AIN"T a Steeler fan!! THis fact is easily proven by reading the birdsh*t you been posting!! the Hawk line could not fill the jocks worn by the Steeler line! Name one lineman from the hawks without looking up their roster! What media were you reading that made the 'skins and panthers invisible,BTW I think you meant invincible ( are you really a teacher or is that just some more bullsh*t ,if so I feel sorry for the kids). I would discuss things like a man if you had anything worth discussing!!Go away, Hardwork is cooing you!!

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Walter Jones LT
Hutch LG
Tobeck C
Gray RG
Locklear the jail bird RT

Need more... without looking up their roster, of course...

Wayne Hunter, Floyd "PorkChop" Womack, Chris Spencer, Ray Willis are back up lineman...

Dude, I know football pure and simple. Steeler football is my passion.

steelcityjameser
01-27-2006, 09:37 PM
i agree and have been thinking similar things as of late. playing our best we were underdogs against all of the doubters. now everyone is propping the team up on a pedestal. not to mention the fact that the whole scenario has two weeks to manifest itself into a mess of overanalyzed crap that will never be settled until everyone hits the field. all i can really say is i hope they live up to the hype and cream the shehawks.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 10:22 PM

LOL. Hey, I think a lot of it is more of a sentimental play...starting with Bettis, Steeler history, etc. The media will float any layer that ties into emotion and sentiment. That's why they've lead their Steeler stories with the Bettis ones. Great story lines.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I agree bettis is the leading storyline so far this super bowl period.. but manic is questioned by everyone... including me.

seahawksfan
01-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I agree bettis is the leading storyline so far this super bowl period.. but manic is questioned by everyone... including me.

Manic seems to have mixed feelings about the game. Anyway, I gotta respect his periodic accolades about the Seahawks. The O-line is awesome and has been the key feature of Alexander's record setting season. This season, for example, on 3 and 1, when Alexander had the ball, he NEVER failed to get the 1st down. Testiment to his line for sure.

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 10:49 PM

Please point out where insinuated that I want the Seahawks to win or I think the Seahawks are a better team. You can. I am a realistic about the game. Will any of you bet the farm on the steelers in this game? No, because we have an obvious hurdle to overcome. Pull the wool off of your eyes. Seattle is no cake walk, there fans are not a joke (i can give you an article in a carolina paper supporting this statement), they deserve to play us in XL. But, I am NO troll!! I bleed black and gold! The Bus is my favorite player.

Also, our old kicker Norm Johnson, who was a hawk and a steeler is picking seattle, so if you want to ride someones ass email him!

Go Steel Crew!

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2006, 11:01 PM
Please point out where insinuated that I want the Seahawks to win or I think the Seahawks are a better team. You can. I am a realistic about the game. Will any of you bet the farm on the steelers in this game? No, because we have an obvious hurdle to overcome. Pull the wool off of your eyes. Seattle is no cake walk, there fans are not a joke (i can give you an article in a carolina paper supporting this statement), they deserve to play us in XL. But, I am NO troll!! I bleed black and gold! The Bus is my favorite player.

Also, our old kicker Norm Johnson, who was a hawk and a steeler is picking seattle, so if you want to ride someones ass email him!

Go Steel Crew!
Do you read what you post ?? If you did you would know where you have insinuated that you are a hawker. DO NOT try to jump back on the BUS now.You have posted so much :poop: about how great the shehawks are it is ridiculous that you call yourself a "steelermanic" Why don't you just grow a set and admit that you don't like the Steelers. If you had any,you would of had the guts to stand behind a name that says what you truly are ,that is WANNABE "steelermanic"

steelermaniac
01-27-2006, 11:05 PM
Do you read what you post ?? If you did you would know where you have insinuated that you are a hawker. DO NOT try to jump back on the BUS now.You have posted so much :poop: about how great the shehawks are it is ridiculous that you call yourself a "steelermanic" Why don't you just grow a set and admit that you don't like the Steelers. If you had any,you would of had the guts to stand behind a name that says what you truly are ,that is WANNABE "steelermanic"

PROVIDE ME WITH A F*CKIN QUOTE OF WHERE I INSINUATED I AM A HAWKER! YOU MUTHA F*CKER, THAT IS BLASPHEME TO CALL ME HAWKS FAN! WHO THE F ARE YOU TO SAY THAT. SHOW ME A QUOTE!

PISS OFF

Koopa
01-27-2006, 11:21 PM
PROVIDE ME WITH A F*CKIN QUOTE OF WHERE I INSINUATED I AM A HAWKER! YOU MUTHA F*CKER, THAT IS BLASPHEME TO CALL ME HAWKS FAN! WHO THE F ARE YOU TO SAY THAT. SHOW ME A QUOTE!

PISS OFF

uh oh guys, he's using all caps now, he's really steaming now, better lay off lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-27-2006, 11:47 PM
1.)The Seattle O line is better than ours!! Does it bother you? WELL ITS FRICKIN TRUE! so we will have to find a way to deal.
2.)The media loves to build up the weaker team so that when they lose it is an even bigger story.
HERE ARE 2,:flipoff:, QUOTES OF YOURS,THAT WOULD NEVER BE WRITTEN BY A TRUE STEELER FAN. YOU HAVE DIAREHHA OF THE MOUTH,SH*T JUST KEEPS FLOWING OUT OF THAT ORAFICE IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT BEAK ON YOUR HAWKER HEAD !! BE GONE PEN*ISEATER YOU BORE ME !! AW SH*IT, cap locks was on!!! :rofl:

Milkman
01-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Part of the reason there are more interviews of Steelers players is real simple...

The Steelers are one of two teams left playing any games.

I really don't like this extra week before the SB. Too many reporters asking the same damn questions over and over. Dumb ones at that!!!

Oh well, I'm done ranting now.....GO STEELERS!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2006, 12:48 AM
both teams have been underrated all year.. which should make for a great Super Bowl. We've pressured some of the best offensive lines in football all year long so it will be no different in our mission this weekend.

Pressure is the key to everything.

Hawk Believer
01-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Ithe Hawk line could not fill the jocks worn by the Steeler line! Name one lineman from the hawks without looking up their roster!

So your ignorance of Seattle's linemen names is evidence that they suck huh? Great logic there. Sounds like your squealers don't even need to do any game prep to deal the Seahawks' line. They can't be good if they haven't been hyped by the media. Unfortunately your team is coached too well to think that way.

You'd think a steelers fan would know better after they were dissed most of this season.

steelermaniac
01-28-2006, 12:42 PM
1.)The Seattle O line is better than ours!! Does it bother you? WELL ITS FRICKIN TRUE! so we will have to find a way to deal.
2.)The media loves to build up the weaker team so that when they lose it is an even bigger story.
HERE ARE 2,:flipoff:, QUOTES OF YOURS,THAT WOULD NEVER BE WRITTEN BY A TRUE STEELER FAN. YOU HAVE DIAREHHA OF THE MOUTH,SH*T JUST KEEPS FLOWING OUT OF THAT ORAFICE IN THE MIDDLE OF THAT BEAK ON YOUR HAWKER HEAD !! BE GONE PEN*ISEATER YOU BORE ME !! AW SH*IT, cap locks was on!!! :rofl:

Dumbass, Just because I think the seattle O Line is better than ours doesnt mean I am a hawks fan. Walter Jones is a regular at the probowl, and is the best LT in the game. Hutchinson is also a regular in Hawaii and considered the top LG by many. There center is robbie tobeck, who is going to his first probowl this year, some say he is the week point of the line, but no fear they have first round pick chris spencer behind him. Their right tackle is Sean Locklear, who technically should not be starting. But when he took over for the injure Porkchop Womack, did so good PC never got his job back.... so they actually have TWO starting caliber right tackles.

Excuse me for showing respect to a team that at some positions is better than my team, I didnt know a requirement to post on a steelers forum was to be blind and ignorant. Can I not show respect to Brady or Peyton for being better than big ben even though I cheer and rout for the steelers? If so let me know and I will only post ignorant comments from here on out.

Go SteelCrew

BlitzburghRockCity
01-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Dont underestimate the Steeler OL either.

Marvel Smith - pro bowler
Alan faneca - pro bowler
Jeff Hartings - pro bowler
Kendall Simmons - 1st round draft pick
Max Starks - Huge upside in his first year as a starter.

Im more than confident in our OL to take over the game when we need it.

3 to be 4
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
Excuse me for showing respect to a team that at some positions is better than my team, I didnt know a requirement to post on a steelers forum was to be blind and ignorant. Can I not show respect to Brady or Peyton for being better than big ben even though I cheer and rout for the steelers? If so let me know and I will only post ignorant comments from here on out.

Go SteelCrew

No, you are thinking of McMillenandwife.com :bouncy: :bouncy:

3 to be 4
01-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Does all the media hype worry you

"Only 2 things scare me: One is Nuclear War"
"Whats the other thing?"
"What?"
"You said 2 things. Whats the other thing?"
"Carneys. Circus Folk. They smell like cabbage"

Mike Myers as Austin Powers

blitzburghXL
01-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Why so many Seahawks fans on this forum? Honestly, not enough people in Seattle who know what football is to actually have one or two of their own?

Koopa
01-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Why so many Seahawks fans on this forum? Honestly, not enough people in Seattle who know what football is to actually have one or two of their own?

what's wrong with having fans of opposing teams over? at least these seahawk fans are decent and actually talk football not just say you suck you suck, like a lot of other fans from other teams

Polamalus_Angel
01-28-2006, 07:15 PM
We've been flying under the radar ever since our 3 game skid mid season.. much like the seahawks have done.. Now all of the sudden, from the Steelers standpoint, everybody on espn, fox, cbs, nfl network, espnradio, all want a piece of our Steelers every chance they get.

Ive heard more interviews of Steeler players on espn radio in the last week then I have all year. More NFL network Steelers cam than almost all year, articles, more praise for what we've accomplished, more inside info than you can possibly shake a stick at.

I know, every NFL superbowl team goes thru this during the 2 weeks heading up to the games, its par for the course. Cowher and the Steelers have been to the playoffs many times, and in AFCGG's before so we know what hype is and fortunately Bill and some of the coaches and willie williams have been to an SB so they know what the hype is, and they call all help the rest of the players stay grounded and focused once we land in detroit.

Personally, while I love seeing our black n gold all over the media every day, hell our local paper has had a full color picture of a Steeler player in every day since the AFCGG (which Ive saved by the way :cool: ) , .... I'm not so sure i'd rather just have everybody not keep ignoring us.

But its the Super Bowl.. we earned the right to be here, so now we just gotta go out and finish the job !!

I cant say it bothers me as much as it annoys me. I realize they have to have some favorite since Brady or Manning isn't in the big game but sheesh. :rolleyes:

Suitanim
01-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Wow, things have degenerated fast, haven't they?

Going back to the original question: "Does all the media hype bother you?"

My answer is no. It's the Super Bowl. That the game itself has become almost anathema to the casual fan looking for funny commercials bothers me a lot, but the rest of the hyperbole doesn't bother me at all. There's a lot of pressure on the players to perform, but I think that's where the platform benefits the Steelers. They've been humiliated on the second largest platform they can stand on not just once, but several times.

This isn't pressure now, it's fun. They've had fun together beating 3 of the best 4 teams in the NFL on the road in a row. Now they play the 3rd best team on a neutral site, and are confident enough to wear their road white. The Steelers will be fine. The lights will shine just as brightly in the Seahawks eyes, they just aren't as used to it...

clevestinks
01-28-2006, 09:05 PM
No worries! We`ve come to far, only 60 minutes left!