PDA

View Full Version : Resign Larry Foote next year!

SteelersJW
12-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Let's face it guys, James Farrior is getting long in the tooth, Timmon's is slow in his development. We need someone to come in and play middle linebacker in this Defense next season, and we have a lot of spots that need filling all across the board. Foote's contract with Detroit was only a one year deal, why not bring back Foote, a key player in our defense for 2 superbowls? If the Steelers and Foote could forgive each other for what went wrong between them this off season, I could see him coming back. He's only 29 years old.

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Larry asked to be released. He's not coming back.

Galax Steeler
12-13-2009, 08:43 AM
He will not be back in black and gold it is time to move on.

stb_steeler
12-13-2009, 10:59 AM
He wanted more money so he got it for a year in Detroit. He wont be back, not Rooney's style.

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 01:38 PM
rolando mcclain might be the answer.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 01:39 PM
rolando mcclain might be the answer.

Supa fly...did you check out the ILB from Kentucky that I was talking about?

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Supa fly...did you check out the ILB from Kentucky that I was talking about?

no not yet, which thread?

mesaSteeler
12-13-2009, 01:49 PM
Why would you to resign a player who was superb against the run but was taken out on passing plays? We need linebackers who can defend against both the run and the pass.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 01:51 PM
no not yet, which thread?

ILB Micah Johnson 6'2 258 lbs

12/08/09 - 2009 ALL-SEC SECOND TEAM (COACHES): LB - Micah Johnson, Kentucky, has been selected All-Southeastern Conference Second Team for the 2009 college football season as voted on by the SEC Coaches. Johnson, a senior from Ft. Campbell, hit the century mark with 100 tackles, with six games in double figures, despite playing with a sprained knee for much of the season. He also had 6.5 tackles for loss. He was the SEC Defensive Player of the Week in the Wildcat win at Auburn. - Kentucky football

12/01/09 - 12/01 NFL DRAFT SCOUT RISER: Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky: Johnson's 16 tackles - 10 solo and two for loss - couldn't carry the Wildcats to victory over the Volunteers, but will carry some weight with NFL scouts. The 6-2, 255-pound linebacker is primarily known for stuffing the run between the tackles, which he did on several occasions on this day. But his agility in coverage, hustling to make plays 15-20 yards downfield, as well as his nose for the ball when shooting a gap or bringing down a receiver behind the line on a bubble screen, make him one of the best pure inside linebackers in this year's senior class. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=65555&draftyear=2010&genpos=ILB

This dude is a beast...click on the pick to make it bigger.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/draftdogimages/2010%20prospects/Micah-Johnson.jpg

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
wow lol now we can pick Haden lol, what round is he projected? i never heard of that guy, mostly only watch the hokies.

edit:we should draft him round 2. those stats are impressive, regardless of the teams he played.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 02:23 PM
wow lol now we can pick Haden lol, what round is he projected? i never heard of that guy, mostly only watch the hokies.

edit:we should draft him round 2. those stats are impressive, regardless of the teams he played.

I think you are pretty close...He will be a mid- 2nd to mid- 3rd round pick.

Steeldude
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Let's face it guys, James Farrior is getting long in the tooth, Timmon's is slow in his development. We need someone to come in and play middle linebacker in this Defense next season, and we have a lot of spots that need filling all across the board. Foote's contract with Detroit was only a one year deal, why not bring back Foote, a key player in our defense for 2 superbowls? If the Steelers and Foote could forgive each other for what went wrong between them this off season, I could see him coming back. He's only 29 years old.

bring foote back to do what? to watch him get burned on passes or mowed down by RBs?

SteelersMongol
12-13-2009, 08:34 PM
Speaking of bringing back someone, I think V need 2 bring back Mr. Rooney back from the Ireland. Just a thought.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
bring foote back to do what? to watch him get burned on passes or mowed down by RBs? yeah, i think people are over estimating footes contributions to the team. foote was every bit as average as what timmons has been thus far.

Shellshock
12-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I thought the Steelers had a policy of once YOU decide to leave you can never come back.

BlastFurnace
12-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I was a big Larry Foote backer, but I don't think we should bring him back. We need to get younger on defense.

steelreserve
12-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Larry asked to be released. He's not coming back.

He asked to be released because he wanted to be the starter. If we gave him a starting job (e.g. gave up on Farrior), maybe he'd come back.

Not that I'm in favor of that. He had his limitations when he was here, and everyone called him the weakest link in the defense. Do we forget so soon?

casteeler
12-13-2009, 10:29 PM
the rest of the defense is the problem. If your gonna play3-4 you need good push upfront(definatly lacking) and the secondary that is either caught naping or just can't hang in coverage or tackle

markymarc
12-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I definitely don't want Foote back here. At best he was a very average MLB and was horrible in pass coverage. Besides I would like to see us get younger defensively and not bring back a person who will soon be 30.

steeltheone
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I've said it about Foote his whole career AVERAGE ,but solid....Works well when playing with other allstars.

JHSilverback
12-14-2009, 04:50 PM
What about Navorro Bowman from Penn State...guys a sure tackler and has great instinct getting to the ball....also has a strong motor and def will be a steal in the draft but this assuming he doesn't stay for his senior year

Brandon Spikes could also be thrown into the mix