PDA

View Full Version : Schefter on Countdown reports changes coming..

GodofGridiron
12-13-2009, 11:37 AM
..Special teams coach Ligashesky (definitely) and possibly Arians out at seasons end...

And the angels sang................

Nadroj 20
12-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Really?Im sure we'll hear more about it later if its true.

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Jan. 4, 2010 circled on my calendar.

Dino 6 Rings
12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
why wait? seriously...make the effing change now, promote the assistance behind each up one notch on a "interim" (probably not spell right, but I never did consider my self brilliant) and then move on.

if you're going to make a change, just do it now. why make us suffer with doubt.

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 11:44 AM
why wait? seriously...make the effing change now, promote the assistance behind each up one notch on a "interim" (probably not spell right, but I never did consider my self brilliant) and then move on.

if you're going to make a change, just do it now. why make us suffer with doubt.

:chuckle: We wouldn't be Steelers fans without a little bit of suffering. Even last year, I lost count of the my own cardiac arrests.

Psyychoward86
12-13-2009, 12:59 PM
..Special teams coach Ligashesky (definitely) and possibly Arians out at seasons end...

that's a given. dont need an analyst to tell u that

mesaSteeler
12-13-2009, 01:50 PM
Breaking News: Coaching Changes Coming For Pittsburgh Steelers!
Nick Signorelli
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/307907-breaking-news-coaching-changes-coming-for-pittsburgh-steelers

How does a team that wins the Super Bowl, and returns 20 of 22 starters, fall to 6-7? The players on the field have already proven they have the ability to win it all, so in my opinion, it has to come down to coaching.

Apparently, the Steelers think the same way that I do.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported today that there are changes coming to the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Special Team coach Bob Ligashesky will be released at the end of the season. The Steelers special teams have been anything BUT special this season, allowing huge kick off returns against the Browns, Vikings, Chiefs, and numerous times, the special teams have allowed players to get close on punts as well.

Bruce Arians is also in a good deal of trouble, according to Schefter. The Steelers will be either demoting or firing him at the end of the season.

Arians has become one of the most predictable coordinators in the NFL, failing more than he succeeds. Too many times the Steelers are unable to punch the ball into the end zone once they reach the red zone.

With all the weapons on offense, this Steelers team should be one of the most high scoring units in the history of the Steelers.

In addition, offensive line coach Larry Zierlein will also be released at the end of the season.

The good news, per Schefter, is that Steelers Director of Player Personnel Kevin Colbert will not be leaving the Steelers, even if Bill Cowher returns to the side lines of another team.

It has been long rumored that once Cowher comes back to the NFL, Colbert would be the first person to join him with his new club. Speaking with people close to Colbert, they say that it is not so.

According to sources, Colbert has more loyalty to the Rooney family and the Steelers than he does to Cowher, and that even if Cowher comes back, Colbert plans on staying with the Steelers.

(Note the flake Florio is reporting the exact opposite that Colbert will leave if Cowher comes back. I won't post it because I think Florio is an ignorant tool. - mesa)

Shoes
12-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks Mesa.

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Hope it's true about Colbert. We still need some constant in the middle of the changes.

mesaSteeler
12-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Source: Steelers staff on shaky ground
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4738788&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines
ESPN.com news services
Changes Coming In Pittsburgh?

After five straight losses that have derailed their season, the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff is expected to undergo a considerable makeover this offseason, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Changes are expected with Pittsburgh's special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, amongst others.

Other coaches that could be in trouble in Pittsburgh include offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and offensive line coach Larry Zierlein.

Only one other Super Bowl champion lost five in a row the following season, and the 1987 Giants deserve an asterisk because they used replacement players during part of that strike-interrupted season.

What most troubles the Steelers is who is beating them.

A year ago, the Steelers survived one of the toughest schedules in NFL history to win their sixth Super Bowl, facing the Eagles, Ravens (twice), Chargers, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots and Titans during the season.

This season, their losses to the Browns (1-11 at the time), the Chiefs (2-7 at the time) and Raiders (3-8 at the time) rank as three of the biggest upsets in the NFL all year.

The Browns were last in the NFL in total defense and were playing without five injured starters -- in essence, they were using their replacement team -- yet they held the Steelers without a touchdown and sacked Ben Roethlisberger eight times.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

(Note a good discussion goes with this report. Check the link for the video it's worth watching. The comment I liked was "It's hard to impose your will" when you pass all the time and "If you don't run the ball you can't be a tough, physical team". - mesa)

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 02:09 PM
:celebrate:

There's gonna be a party in the 'Burgh! :chuckle:

Vincent
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
These "media" people keep pointing at the coaches. D'ya think? :doh:

KeiselPower99
12-13-2009, 03:06 PM
You cant demote Arians. That would create a split offensive staff with loyalty to him and not the new OC. I honestly see more then those 3 being gone. Add DB coach Ray Horton to the list.

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Somthing tells me that on Jan 4th, they will announce Arians "resignation." :wink02:

WH
12-13-2009, 03:11 PM
You cant demote Arians. That would create a split offensive staff with loyalty to him and not the new OC. I honestly see more then those 3 being gone. Add DB coach Ray Horton to the list.

I would give Arians a shot at QB coach. If Tomlin so much as smells a split in loyalty, Arians is gone.

Arians has been around long enough that he shouldn't be a divisive little prick behind the scenes.

casteeler
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
so if arians goes and is not demoted(hopefully) do you have someone else call the plays for the rest of thr season? Sean payton does the job for the saints, it would be interesting to see how Tomlin would do, just a thought!

KeiselPower99
12-13-2009, 03:30 PM
so if arians goes and is not demoted(hopefully) do you have someone else call the plays for the rest of thr season? Sean payton does the job for the saints, it would be interesting to see how Tomlin would do, just a thought!

Id say Ken Anderson would take over that role.

xbroughneck
12-13-2009, 03:40 PM

Worth me not seeing the Steelers in the playoffs for a year. I'll simply spend my weekends watching ...something. Maybe I can get behind the Saints......

casteeler
12-13-2009, 03:43 PM
assume ken takes over and then we beat green bay, the rats and miami does he keep the job or do the steelers still look?I'm sure that i am not the only one who thinks beside the o- line we have a LOT of talent including dixon who showed everyone he is legit.we just need someone who knows how to use these wepons to put points on the board and win games.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
i'd just like to see someone else calling the plays for the next 3 games to see if it makes a difference. ... :noidea:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Anybody else notice that there has been no text messages coming out of headquarters this weekend?

AllD
12-13-2009, 04:09 PM
The Rooney's will wait until the end of the season to divest themselves of the coaches because it is much more classy. However, it might seem reasonable that the coaches resign in advance and avoid a lot of the lame duck nonsense accompanying their situation.

Anybody that takes over would have to do beter than the trend we are following. We could have a live rooster randomaly peck on a play calling chart or have Stevie Wonder throw darts and get better results.

steelreserve
12-13-2009, 04:10 PM
this would come as a surprise to no one.

xbroughneck
12-13-2009, 04:36 PM
i'd just like to see someone else calling the plays for the next 3 games to see if it makes a difference. ... :noidea:

That only works if you don't have a problem with the SCHEME. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else calling Arians offense. ( I dislike Arian's lack of ability to make good gametime adjustments, but I HATE his offensive scheme even more than I do him.)

I have no doubt that the Steelers have enough talent on offense to make any scheme work. At times they fail to execute, at times the schemes fail them.

The red zone failures and the inability to call a smart cold game against the Browns tell me that Arians needs to go.

Having Ben as QB, Mendy and Willie as the RBs, Hines, Santonio as wide outs....ANY scheme should have some level of success.

I don't care who calls the last three games, but my ideal result from all of this would be to have the scheme change.

JCPsteelers
12-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Let's hope so.. I'm sorry when your OC gets booed at the Steelers parade by Steelers fans the people in the organization have to know he is a weaknesses on the team.. They should be a lot smarter than us..

Burghfan58
12-13-2009, 05:16 PM
For now I'll hope he's right. When Jay Glazer reports it I'll now it's for real. That dude is spot on.:thumbsup:

Preacher
12-13-2009, 05:19 PM
That only works if you don't have a problem with the SCHEME. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing someone else calling Arians offense. ( I dislike Arian's lack of ability to make good gametime adjustments, but I HATE his offensive scheme even more than I do him.)

I have no doubt that the Steelers have enough talent on offense to make any scheme work. At times they fail to execute, at times the schemes fail them.

The red zone failures and the inability to call a smart cold game against the Browns tell me that Arians needs to go.

Having Ben as QB, Mendy and Willie as the RBs, Hines, Santonio as wide outs....ANY scheme should have some level of success.

I don't care who calls the last three games, but my ideal result from all of this would be to have the scheme change.

Interesting point. Anderson knows the scheme. I would love to see Anderson call the scheme.

I don't have a problem with it... as long as we are keeping the I as PART OF the scheme. Not the majority, nor small majority. Just PART OF the scheme.

Fire Haley
12-13-2009, 05:23 PM

Ben is a coach killer.

BleedBlacknGold0
12-13-2009, 06:18 PM
How could the coaches have anything to do with the Steelers problems?! :confused:

Hotrodder07
12-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Certainly can't say I'm surprised.

I would also like to see someone else call the plays for the last 3 games. If they know for sure that they're getting rid of Arians, they might as well try something new.

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 07:33 PM
the day bruce gets fired will be a great day....

it will also be great to hand off :flipoff: ...for all of you non-arians bashers (who some finally have come to terms, while others knew this a LONG time ago)

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 07:34 PM
^^^^ but its all about execution!!!!!!!!!!!

steeltheone
12-13-2009, 08:11 PM
We need some experience on the OC side. Tomlin is still a young coach. Picking Arians was a horrible choice on his part. They can't afford to screw up again. Andersons time will come.

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 08:29 PM
anyone for chan gailey?

mf8590
12-13-2009, 08:33 PM
halleluja...too bad it took 5 straight losses

fansince'76
12-13-2009, 08:41 PM
the day bruce gets fired will be a great day....

it will also be great to hand off :flipoff: ...for all of you non-arians bashers (who some finally have come to terms, while others knew this a LONG time ago)

Until the next OC is hired and people begin bitching about his "idiotic playcalling" as well, anyway. And it WILL happen.

Whisenhunt blows it again

Another week... another Steeler loss... another bad day for our Offensive play caller.

Not offensive, as in offensive side of the ball, but offensive, as in unpleasant sensations.

Exhibit A
Game starts - 1st & 10 - whattaya know throwin on 1st down... incomplete... followed up by the patented 2nd & 10 div up the middle... no gain... creating a 3rd & long situation... incomplete pass.... and we start this must win game with a very whisenhunt-like 3 and out.

This is exactly what I have been clammoring about on this site for weeks.... using an uncomfortable and obviously lacking-in-confidence QB improperly. I am not one of these people chanting Charlie Batch's name. Ben is our QB period. But why must we call plays that only work if the QB is sharp and precise in his reads and delivery. Ben has never BEEN ASKED to carried us offfensively. I emphasized been asked, because it is one thing to come out and make reactionary reads and plays as a complimentary player and it is a completely different story to be an offenses primary bread winner. Ben has proven so far this year he isnt ready to carry that kinda load.

Exhibit B
Willie Parker got only 4 carries after halftime. As halftime approached NBC posted the typical Cohwer "with a lead at halftime stat" and they come out in the second half and give just 4 carries to the only guy to score a TD for us since September 7!!!!!!!

Willie averaged over 4 yds/carry. So its not as if we couldnt run the ball at all. Furthermore, ask yourself....were our lineman doing a better job of run blocking or pass blocking. Ray Charles could see that Ben was under constant pressure on most pass plays.

Besides all of this was the fact that we had the leadhalfway through the 3rd qtr. Play Steeler football!!!!! Run the pill, control the clock, keep the other tems O off the field, gain confidence one first down at a time. Let our D rest. Again, play Steeler football.

A lot of folks realized that when these two teams (and more importantly these two coaches) get together that it will be a defensive struggle. Both coaches get accused of sitting or turtling the football. On Sunday night, Marty and his O coordinator did a far better job of protecting his QB with a far safer gameplan and Phillip Rivers beat Big Ben... Not because he executed perfectly, but because his coaches didnt ask him to carry the load for 4 quarters........ Whisenhunt has asked Ben to carry the load the lastt 12 quarters he has played

How has that worked out for ya, Mr. Whisenhunt?????

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=160042#post160042

Heinz Hitman
12-13-2009, 08:44 PM
Anybody else notice that there has been no text messages coming out of headquarters this weekend?

Yeah, the last one I got was on Thursday night listing the non-actives for the game. Usually my phone is blowing up with them.

The only way that this season will not go down as a complete failure is if we actually do purge ourselves of Arians, Ligashesky, and Zierlein. Something to look forward to...may be a very interesting off-season for once.

OX1947
12-13-2009, 08:57 PM
Arians inability as a OC is adjustments and play calling in tough situations. The league is all about being able to adjust these days. However, Tomlin gets my blame in late game philosophy. All this mumbo jumbo with a stud running back and not taking advantage of a guy who was averaging 5 yards a carry. When a team continues to blow 4th quarter leads because they are going into shotgun on 2nd downs with 10 point leads, that's when the coaching can be blamed. Now if there is an issue with Big Ben not following through or maybe changing things or maybe having a little ego issue on wanting to pass more, then that's why you get paid the big bucks as an NFL coach. And I am starting to think that may be it. Because that's why Hines Ward has been throwing a few comments about things with Ben. And even Santonio Holmes said something about the chemistry not being an issue a few weeks back.

Run the damn ball. Enough shotgun on 3rd and 1. Watching the receivers running their routes on Thursday was pathetic. Basic route patterns with nothing to improvise with. Nothing. If they don't get open, then the play is dead. This team needs to either go back to Cowher ball or get a OC who can adjust during games.

Now that the offense and coaching has been lashed out, lets look at maybe an equal problem in the secondary. I am going to assume the Steelers will be going after a corner in this draft. Because William Gay has failed miserably in his first year. Will he get better next year? I don't know but I think the Steelers need to get a corner on this team who can actually catch the ball and cover without giving the receiver a 75 yard cushion.

Oh, last thing. Please for the love of god end the no full back offense. If Mendenhall can get 5 yards a carry without a FB, imagine what he could do with a buster in front of him. Please, get back to the basics. If not for the good of the team, for the health of your franchise QB. Big Ben must learn how to throw the ball away and read the play quicker. Yah, its nice to have him make something out of nothing, but 50 sacks a year will end your career 4 or 5 years earlier. If Big Ben is too stubborn to change, its time to make him change. And changing the offensive philosophy to lessen blows on him would be the first thing to do.

groundhogday
12-13-2009, 09:14 PM
anyone for chan gailey?

If Chan knows any of the following then I'm all for it:
1. Play Action Pass
2. Screen Pass.
3. Wanting a fullback on the roster.
4. Having a balanced attack on offense
5. Draw plays.

I think he does so yeah...I wouldn't mind Chan Gaily.

TackleMeBen
12-13-2009, 09:17 PM
If Big Ben is too stubborn to change, its time to make him change. And changing the offensive philosophy to lessen blows on him would be the first thing to do.

what???????ben stubborn????? more like egotiscial...

tony hipchest
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Until the next OC is hired and people begin bitching about his "idiotic playcalling" as well, anyway. And it WILL happen.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=160042#post160042ive seen this single post by a single poster pop up in several threads.

who cares if it WILL happen or not? is that any excuse to keep a coach who obviously has failed?

so we should just stick with a LOSING formula just to keep a few message board posters from ripping on the coordinators glaring shortcomings??? :hunch:

i dont get it. :dang:

whoever said anything about coach wiz, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with offensive ineptitude against the poorest teams in the nfl, when other average teams are capable of blowing them out of the water, week in and week out.

lions
chiefs
raiders
browns

(good thing we didnt have to play the bucs or rams) :coffee:

a coordinator worth his weight in salt can put together a winning formula to destroy these teams especially with ben, miller, santonio, and rashard (1st rounders who were all regarded as the #1 or 2 at their position in their draft class).

tha arians apologists are quickly becoming as tiresome as all the arians bashers of the past 2-3 years. at this point arians = s. mahan (who is no longer in the league).

CargoJon
12-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Our offense has been terrible this year. Sure we've been without Troy for a bulk of the season, and Ben for one game...but damn, no reason we should be scoring less than 2 TD's against the f-ing Browns. A creative OC would have had a field day with Dixon against the Ravens.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 09:31 PM
ive seen this single post by a single poster pop up in several threads.

who cares if it WILL happen or not? is that any excuse to keep a coach who obviously has failed?

so we should just stick with a LOSING formula just to keep a few message board posters from ripping on the coordinators glaring shortcomings??? :hunch:

i dont get it. :dang:

whoever said anything about coach wiz, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with offensive ineptitude against the poorest teams in the nfl, when other average teams are capable of blowing them out of the water, week in and week out.

lions
chiefs
raiders
browns ... - 5 starters

(good thing we didnt have to play the bucs or rams) :coffee:

a coordinator worth his weight in salt can put together a winning formula to destroy these teams especially with ben, miller, santonio, and rashard (1st rounders who were all regarded as the #1 or 2 at their position in their draft class).

tha arians apologists are quickly becoming as tiresome as all the arians bashers of the past 2-3 years. at this point arians = s. mahan (who is no longer in the league).
fixed your post. ...they didn't not just score on the browns..they didn't score on browns backups...

fansince'76
12-13-2009, 11:19 PM
ive seen this single post by a single poster pop up in several threads.

My point quite simply is that if we're not winning 80-0 every week, people will bitch about the OC, regardless of who they are. Nothing will change in that regard, and it's always been that way. Thought it was pretty clear.

And as far as being an Arians "apologist" is concerned, I am quite far from being one. I've said numerous times that I don't give a shit if he stays or goes. My argument is that the OC will catch flak regardless of who they are if we're not blowing teams out on a weekly basis. After all, did people not complain about "Cowherball" for a decade and a half?

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 11:29 PM
My point quite simply is that if we're not winning 80-0 every week, people will bitch about the OC, regardless of who they are. Nothing will change in that regard, and it's always been that way. Thought it was pretty clear.

And as far as being an Arians "apologist" is concerned, I am quite far from being one. I've said numerous times that I don't give a shit if he stays or goes. My argument is that the OC will catch flak regardless of who they are if we're not blowing teams out on a weekly basis. After all, did people not complain about "Cowherball" for a decade and a half?

How about we take out the garbage first, before we start filling up the can again.

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 11:31 PM

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=160042#post160042

i agree that ppl will always have something about the way an offensive coordinator called a game, but you wont hear it from me. sure the occasional bad game is fine, but arians proves week in and week out that he is terrible.

i have never really hated a steelers offensive coordinator, but i must say that i have hated bruce arians for awhile now. (even last year, i know i know superbowl).

Shellshock
12-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Don't believe that guy he has stole so many NY post stories its not even funny.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-14-2009, 01:19 AM
Will be interesting to see if this pans out. I can see Ligashesky gone, Zeirline had his fate sealed with the 8 sacks an no run game. Arians, I dont know if you can demote him to WR coach or QB coach.....I think he would want to leave if that happened.

I'll believe it when I see it, but will not be surprised to see an offense more focused on establishing the run and playing an aggressive physical style rather than relying on Ben to scramble and make plays in between concussions.

xbroughneck
12-14-2009, 01:37 AM
i have never really hated a steelers offensive coordinator, but i must say that i have hated bruce arians for awhile now. (even last year, i know i know superbowl).

I was going to be a little less mean, but I've looked at this Steeler team for 4 years and something just didn't sit right with me even though we've won 2 super bowls in that time.

Arians would have been run out of time a long time ago if the Steelers were led by another QB. Ben has been able to thrive on plays when Arians offensive scheme breaks down and he improvises. Hell, Ben can improvise with ANY offensive coordinator making the calls. Sheesh.

Sorry Arians. Time to go.

Rockonsteel
12-14-2009, 01:46 AM
Arians would have been run out of time a long time ago if the Steelers were led by another QB. Ben has been able to thrive on plays when Arians offensive scheme brakes down and he improvises.

BINGO!!!!

LVSteelersfan
12-14-2009, 04:37 AM
I was not that upset with Arians earlier this season. But as the season went along, I was appalled at the amount of times we hit the red zone and the amount of times we ended up with field goals or nothing. Same problem last year DESPITE the fact that we won 12 games. This year our defense was not up to the task of covering the offense's butt so we struggled. Arians is a cancer who I sincerely hope that Adam Shefter is right about being gone as OC. Hopefully completely gone because he is predictable and useless. BTW, we are still not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs this year although it is highly unlikely that we can make it. SO PLEASE play hard for three games and win them all and we will see where the chips fall when all is said and done.

Galax Steeler
12-14-2009, 04:44 AM
You could see this one a coming from a mile a way. Everyone could tell that changes was a coming but what ever it takes to get the Steelers back to where they need to be.

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 09:58 AM

HALLEUAH!

I am beginning to wonder, although Arians offensive schemes won a SB, if it was inspite of him?

STs, well they speak for themselves.

steelpride12
12-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Alright....what are we waiting for lets can these clowns now!

Steeldude
12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
so if they fire arians that means some fans here were right about him and the coaches were wrong. how can that be? i thought the theme here was coaches are NEVER wrong* and NEVER to blame...lmao.

*also see kordell experiment of 1997 - 2001

Steeldude
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
fter all, did people not complain about "Cowherball" for a decade and a half?

i complained about "kordell ball" :chuckle::wink02::thumbsup:

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 12:52 PM
so if they fire arians that means some fans here were right about him and the coaches were wrong. how can that be? i thought the theme here was coaches are NEVER wrong* and NEVER to blame...lmao.

*also see kordell experiment of 1997 - 2001

Every season coaches get fired for under-performing. It's always going to make some fans right and the FO wrong (or the HC). This isn't the first time and OC was fired from the Steelers, I just don't recall it happening the year after winning the Super Bowl.

While I am thankful for what Arians brought to the table last year, he obviously has failed to utilize his entire playbook and/or the talent available to him (see Mendenhall, Moore, Miller, etc).

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 03:28 PM
So, again, the braintrust has decided Arians is the culprit and must be sacked.

Who is his replacement? And how, exactly, does that make up for all the other myriad deficiencies this team has exhibited during it's present, and probably soon-to-be-growing losing streak?

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 04:25 PM

Who is his replacement? And how, exactly, does that make up for all the other myriad deficiencies this team has exhibited during it's present, and probably soon-to-be-growing losing streak?

Exactly what I'm worried about. I'm afraid that they'll sack a bunch of these guys and replace them with people who are even worse. New doesn't always equal better. Look at the coaching situations in Cleveland or Tampa Bay.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 04:29 PM
The key is to dump one, MAYBE two sacrificial lambs and keep as much continuity (read: The TRUE ingredient to NFL success) in place.

Arians COULD go. I'm not saying it won't happen. I AM saying it will worsen our short-term situation without any guarantee of improving our LONG-term aspirations, but even that much probably WHOOSHES right over most peoples heads.

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 04:53 PM

The future is a beautiful thing when you don't know what it is and you have a greater hope in the FO. Maybe the question should be turned around. Who out there is available to be his replacement and what have his past offensive units consisted of player wise and what were his stats?

The other side of the coin, we'll never know what a replacement OC can do until we get one.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Just for references sake, Adam Schefter had the Steelers at 7-9 and 3rd place (NOT in the playoffs) in the AFC North in 2005.

For some of the less astute or more bandwagon-like fans, we won the Super Bowl that year.

El-Gonzo Jackson
12-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Mesa, nice job of reporting a story from a credible media source (ESPN). I'll trust the Steelers front office to do the right thing this upcoming offseason, no matter how unpopular the move is. :thumbsup:

SteelerEmpire
12-14-2009, 07:27 PM
Never thought I would see the day.... took almost an act of God to make it finally happen... MAN.....:doh:

mesaSteeler
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Mesa, nice job of reporting a story from a credible media source (ESPN). I'll trust the Steelers front office to do the right thing this upcoming offseason, no matter how unpopular the move is. :thumbsup:

You are welcome.

stillers4me
12-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Never thought I would see the day.... took almost an act of God to make it finally happen... MAN.....:doh:

Nothings official yet.

Believe.

MJ5150
12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Seriously folks...do we need Adam Schefter telling us this? Anyone with half an NFL brain knows there will be some changes in the coaching staff before the 2010 season kickoff.

-Mike

pepsyman1
12-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Seriously folks...do we need Adam Schefter telling us this? Anyone with half an NFL brain knows there will be some changes in the coaching staff before the 2010 season kickoff.

-Mike

Let's just hope that all the obvious changes that are needed actually happen.