PDA

View Full Version : Is there really locker room problems between Ben and Hines?

DarkKnight207
12-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I'm way out here in Denver, and all I get on the subject is national media junk that says that Ben and Hines are trying to split the locker room. I understand the losing is rough on all of them (and all of us) but can there really be this many issues over what I thought was a kind of toss away comment that Hines made on Ben playing? I thought the media blew up his comment way out of control because it was one of the few bad things that came from the Steelers locker room. Is the Ben/Hines situation as bad as Adam Shefter and the rest of the ESPN staff saying it is?

GoSlash27
12-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Nah. The media loves their controversies. They'll make one up if none actually exist.

johnnyribcage
12-13-2009, 12:32 PM
There appears to be locker room problems, period, not just between Ben and Hines. It appears that Tomlin has damn near totally lost control, and it seems like the team is playing to get some people canned. I think a lot of the guys are starting to resent Ben's control of the team. I don't know though, just my thoughts on it.

Shoes
12-13-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm way out here in Denver, and all I get on the subject is national media junk that says that Ben and Hines are trying to split the locker room. I understand the losing is rough on all of them (and all of us) but can there really be this many issues over what I thought was a kind of toss away comment that Hines made on Ben playing? I thought the media blew up his comment way out of control because it was one of the few bad things that came from the Steelers locker room. Is the Ben/Hines situation as bad as Adam Shefter and the rest of the ESPN staff saying it is?

If it is, it will be taken care of.....the Rooney's rule!

Shoes
12-13-2009, 12:34 PM

If it is, it will be taken care of.....the Rooney's rule!

Folks seem to love the national enquirer stuff :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 12:34 PM
There appears to be locker room problems, period, not just between Ben and Hines. It appears that Tomlin has damn near totally lost control, and it seems like the team is playing to get some people canned. I think a lot of the guys are starting to resent Ben's control of the team. I don't know though, just my thoughts on it.

Way offbase, IMO.

After the second loss to Cinci, this team doubts each other. They lost the confidence they had in each other, themselves and the coaches. The band of brothers has been broken.

johnnyribcage
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Way offbase, IMO.

After the second loss to Cinci, this team doubts each other. They lost the confidence they had in each other, themselves and the coaches. The band of brothers has been broken.

You almost rephrased what I said, so how is it offbase?

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 12:42 PM
You almost rephrased what I said, so how is it offbase?

ummm....no I didn't. I didn't say they resented Ben. The QB is supposed to a team leader, and they've often said they are proud of the leader he's become. I didn't say that Tomlin lost control of the locker room. I said they lost confidence in each other. Last year, they had each others backs. I don't know what you read, but it certainly wasn't what you described. You desribed a bunch jealous, back stabbing crybabies and the inmates running the asylum.

Fire Haley
12-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Ben has no replacement for Troy's knee. It's been the "Perfect Storm" of injuries all coming together this year.

It's a pity party now, we're past finger pointing.

They all packed it in - "see you next year".

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Ben has no replacement for Troy's knee. It's been the "Perfect Storm" of injuries all coming together this year.

It's a pity party now, we're past finger pointing.

The Bengals got a bunch of rent-a-players to get where they are ( or rent-a thugs, if you prefer).

There's no such thing as a rent-a-Troy.

supa_fly_steeler
12-13-2009, 02:44 PM
if there is one, im in hines corner, he is a true steeler. he is what a steeler is suppose to be.

GoSlash27
12-13-2009, 05:08 PM
I wouldn't pick one over the other. They are both Black and Gold. Neither one of them is afraid to play football, and both of them are playing full-bore for 60 minutes every game.

JCPsteelers
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Forget Hines and Ben.. Does our OL like Big Ben? Sure didn't seem like it on Thursday...

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Forget Hines and Ben.. Does our OL like Big Ben? Sure didn't seem like it on Thursday...

ummmmmm yeah...it was all their fault the Brownies knew what we were doing before we even thought about it. :banging:

harts
12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
You dont speak on your QB like that unless you dont respect him to a degree...

Remember Ben did state in the past that he needed a tall receiver and remember how Hines handled that....

dont know about that Lockeroom cause I dont play on that team.. but I feel Hines has as much heart as anyone on the Steelers.....

MT has to handle that dynamic ..........
Is it Ben's team?
I cant say for sure... as a fan I dont feel it is.....
IF i was a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB - I wouldnt want a WR talking smack about me...
Ben said he was hurt by Hines's comments..

There is something going on....
Bottom line these guys are Pros and need to act like it and handle business

markymarc
12-14-2009, 12:47 PM

I still have a hard time believing a Steelers team has packed it in, but you are right. This team quit and that is a damn shame.