PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain something to me?

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 03:13 PM
They said Adrian Peterson just scored a rushing touchdown.

I'm not sure what that is.......but it was pretty cool.

Just sayin'...........:popcorn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-13-2009, 03:30 PM

What's a Russian Touchdown?

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 03:33 PM

:noidea: Could be what they said.

Bobby_Walden
12-13-2009, 03:42 PM
Sure. I'll try.

Years ago there was an important part of Steeler football. It was called the running game. A back would take a handoff or a pitchout and gain yards by running into holes opened up by our OL.

The plays beat up the defense when applied with determination and aggressiveness. Also, a nice by-product of this approach was the great amount of time that would come off of the clock...since the game clock does not stop on an in bounds tackle and whistle.

Most of the time the opponents had to bring up the defense into a closer position to the line of scrimmage...allowing the offense the option of the play action pass. Often resulting in great gains through the passing game. You see the defense had to play not sure of what offense would do. It could create much confusion.

Often after long time consuming drives, a RB would punch through into the endzone and score a TD. The defense walked slowly back to the sidelines...beaten and not wanting to go back into the game soon.

In the 4th qtr many teams would quit and call it a day, beaten. Tired of tackling hard runners.

There.

steel9guy
12-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Wait....HOld On. Seriously, Whats a Touchdown????

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
a rushing touchdown ? isn't that when you go 4 wide in shotgun on 1st and goal from the 5 so you can score real fast ? then do the same thing on 2nd and 3rd down ...cause your in a rush to score...:noidea:

toughsticks87
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
I hear this whole "rushing" thing will be as big as the wildcat...

welder4pit
12-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Is it a drink :drink::drink:

tony hipchest
12-13-2009, 05:46 PM
i'll ask the browns. they finally discovered what it was thursday night vs steelers, :doh:

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Rushing? Touchdowns? Steelers Football?

All of these terms are foreign to me...

steel9guy
12-13-2009, 08:18 PM
Yeah I seriously have forgotten what a td is. Seems pretty cool though. Wish we could get one.

MasterOfPuppets
12-13-2009, 09:09 PM
rushing touchdowns are just hocus pocus football....tomlin and arians don't believe in all that fancy trickery...

They did a nice job of executing and we didn’t. There’s no hocus pocus or secret formula for getting the ball in the end zone. We’ve got to execute better. We’ve got to put our guys in better position to capitalize on the field position. Those are some of the things we’re working on as a staff right now. shotgun 4 wide baby !!!

i may have added that last sentence....you decide..

JEFF4i
12-13-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't know, but I hear this feller Chris Johnson is pretty good at em too.

Who knows, I'll ask Bruce Arians, he's god,he'll know.

Shellshock
12-13-2009, 11:38 PM
their head coach looks like a dentist. are's .......................

Glace
12-13-2009, 11:40 PM
a rushing touchdown ? isn't that when you go 4 wide in shotgun on 1st and goal from the 5 so you can score real fast ? then do the same thing on 2nd and 3rd down ...cause your in a rush to score...:noidea:

Hah, perfect!

7SteelGal43
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM

In Soviet Russia, you don't score touchdown. Touchdown score you !

Shellshock
12-14-2009, 12:55 AM
It is called a winning forumla.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Are they worth a lot more points than passing TD's?

The_WARDen
12-14-2009, 03:07 PM
It is called a winning forumla.

just curious..this winning formula of rushing touchdowns. Does that mean Chris Johnson's team is prepping for their 1st round bye? No? Well, carry on then.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 03:35 PM
I remember when Earnest Byner and Kevin Mack shared 1,000 rushing yards apiece in a single season for the Browns. They had 15 TD's between them. It was a pretty big deal....

BUT....the Browns finished 8-8 that year. Nobody talks much about THAT part of the equation.

The_WARDen
12-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Are they worth a lot more points than passing TD's?

Well, in my one fantasy league? Yes they are:

Pass TDs = 4 pts
Rush TDs = 6 pts

Maybe that's what is confusing everyone.

StainlessStill
12-14-2009, 03:44 PM
I think a rushing touchdown is the rush of scoring a touchdown. Mainly for young one's scoring their first TD's in the league, or catching the SB winning TD catch. The rush must be HUGE. Hence: A rushing touchdown.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Well, in my one fantasy league? Yes they are:

Pass TDs = 4 pts
Rush TDs = 6 pts

Maybe that's what is confusing everyone.

Well that makes sense then! If only we RAN for more TD's, and passed for less, we'd win more of these close games!

pepsyman1
12-14-2009, 04:00 PM

A rushing touchdown??? Gasp! I had FORGOTTEN all about THEM! What an innovative concept! Is it possible to do this "rush" thing at different points during the drive?...you know, kinda like in between pass plays? I bet that if you can find some of those "rushing touchdown" things, it takes a lot of pressure off the QB.

Just sayin'......

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I heard the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year with the 23rd best running team in the league. But it's just a rumor. So yes, it's of the utmost importance that they get back to playing "Steelers Football."

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I heard the Steelers won the Super Bowl last year with the 23rd best running team in the league. But it's just a rumor. So yes, it's of the utmost importance that they get back to playing "Steelers Football."

Hard to believe considering that passing TD's count for so much less....sigh...

BozMan
12-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I hear these "rushing touchdowns", and "rushing" in general, are often more likely to succeed with the inclusion of a "fullback" in the offense. Such a formation by the offense can be the "I formation".

stillers4me
12-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Hard to believe considering that passing TD's count for so much less....sigh...

And how did qwe have to win nearly every game last year.....including the Superbowl? by either the defense stepping up to score, or Ben having to make last minute heroics to make up for all the TD's left on the field because of lack of "Russian Td's."

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 05:19 PM
The Rats and Dolphins lead the league in rushing TD's THIS year.

Panthers and Titans last year.

Vikes and Colts in 07.

Chargers and Jags in 06.

Anyone seeing a pattern here?