PDA

View Full Version : FIRE MARVIN, TRADE CARSON, AND GIVE UP ALL HOPE!!!

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Sorry guys, just kidding!:flap:Trying to keep up with the recent theme here.

No doubt, today was disappointing. But, hopefully it will serve as a wake up call for us. The NFL is a weird game! Last week the Vikes got dominated by the Cards, and this week they dominated us!:banging:The Bengals have a lot of work to do this week in preparing for the Chargers, which is a HUGE game for us! We have to eliminate all the penalties, learn to throw the ball downfield, and be just a little more creative with playcalling. But, I think we will be ok?:popcorn:

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Penalties are definitely a bitch.

Oh... just out of curiosity, when did Carson hurt his left hand?

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Penalties are definitely a bitch.

Oh... just out of curiosity, when did Carson hurt his left hand?

He dislocated his thumb earlier in the season. Penalties and field position killed us today. Very frustrating!:mad:

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Hopefully this isn't the beginning of the downfall of the Bengals. :chuckle:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 04:46 PM

Heaven forbid. :chuckle:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:46 PM

If we get our asses handed to us by SD next week, I will officially be in panic mode!:banging:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:47 PM

Stop it!!!:flap:

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
If we get our asses handed to us by SD next week, I will officially be in panic mode!:banging:

Oh come on now. You should be used to that! :sofunny:

:drink:

43Hitman
12-13-2009, 04:51 PM

+1 :chuckle:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh come on now. You should be used to that! :sofunny:

:drink:

I blocked out the last 18 years!!!:drink:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Awwww......come on, guys. show some compassion. UB seems like a real nice guy.

His team sucks, but he's alot of fun.

:cya:

devilsdancefloor
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM

man i will have what you are having make it a double:wink02:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Awwww......come on, guys. show some compassion. UB seems like a real nice guy.

His team sucks, but he's alot of fun.

:cya:

It's Ok, I'm a big boy, I can take it!:shake01:My team played like :poop: today!

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 05:02 PM
It's Ok, I'm a big boy, I can take it!:shake01:My team played like :poop: today!

Seems to going around. :drink:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:03 PM
man i will have what you are having make it a double:wink02:

No problem. Mix one part amnesia, one part denial, and a whole lotta Jim Beam!!!!:chuckle:

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 05:13 PM

Probably for the best :flap:

In all seriousness, Bengals better step up their game if they're gonna be reppin' the AFC North in the playoffs! :thumbsup:

Interceptor
12-13-2009, 05:16 PM

Looks like we're back to normal..... :noidea: :drink:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Probably for the best :flap:

In all seriousness, Bengals better step up their game if they're gonna be reppin' the AFC North in the playoffs! :thumbsup:

I know the Cards backed into the playoffs last year at 9-7, and made it to the SuperBowl. But, I'd rather not have to go that route!:doh:

One more thing...That damn dirty Ragnar really got on my nerves today! I could smell him through the TV!:sofunny:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Looks like we're back to normal..... :noidea: :drink:

Well, the Vikes got their asses handed to them last week and bounced back. Let's hope we can do the same next week! We''ll see!:popcorn:

Interceptor
12-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Well, the Vikes got their asses handed to them last week and bounced back. Let's hope we can do the same next week! We''ll see!:popcorn:

We won't. This is a team that does not cope well after a loss.

KeiselPower99
12-13-2009, 05:52 PM
As a Bengals fan do you actually like Chad Johnson?

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 05:55 PM
As a Bengals fan do you actually like Chad Johnson?

I know a lot of fans love him, but I've never cared for him. No doubt he has talent, but prefer guys like Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison who keeps their mouths shut and do their jobs!:drink:

mesaSteeler
12-13-2009, 06:08 PM

That should be entertaining.

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 06:13 PM
That should be entertaining.

I don't ever really panic, I just lift a lot of weights, then beat the hell out of the punching bag. then I'm good to go!:chuckle:

KeiselPower99
12-13-2009, 09:55 PM
I know a lot of fans love him, but I've never cared for him. No doubt he has talent, but prefer guys like Jerry Rice and Marvin Harrison who keeps their mouths shut and do their jobs!:drink:

And thats the way it should be. Act like youve been there before.

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 01:18 AM

I'm with you on this, man we played horrible today. Penalties killed us, and one bad fumble. not to mention JJ going down. man I am praying we don't do this in San Diego

I'm going to be in San Diego next sunday to watch the game live, I pray they win this one, My Charger fan of a brother won't let me live it down, he still doesn't let me forget how bad our team did against them in the second half in our last meeting in 2006 :doh:

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 01:20 AM

the thing is Chad does do his job even when he keeps yapping :drink:

and he also fails at his job even when he doesn't yap, his yapping doesn't do anything to help or not help his job

he didn't yap hell he even promised a Celebration today if he scored, and he did, but as you can tell he knew there was something wrong in the air, he decided against doing it. even though he did get his TD

Galax Steeler
12-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I really like Hall I wished we would have drafted him he is a good corner.

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM

:iagree:

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM
The bar is set so awfully low in Cincy that just about any level of success is overly valued. The only compliment I'm willing to pay them is that they were quite a bit better than I thought they'd be. But, by Steelers standards, they will ultimately be measured as horrific failures this year when they get beat in the first playoff game they compete in.

steelreserve
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM

I thought the downfall of the Bengals was more or less a continuous process that's been going on since the '80s.

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Don't you actually have to succeed at something first before you can have a downfall?

Mr. Dô
12-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Don't you actually have to succeed at something first before you can have a downfall?

9 wins is a succession of winning games, last time I checked

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM
9 wins is a succession of winning games, last time I checked

I believe what my black and gold brother is referring to is doing it more than once every couple of years.

AllD
12-14-2009, 05:13 PM
The Bengals division position is a function of the Steelers crashing and burning, the Ravens losing their DC and QB's sophmore slump, and being in the same division as the Browns.

The Bengals improved this season, but they are not in the upper echelon of teams. They are the best of the average. If the Steelers came to play this year, the Bengals would be fighting for a WC.

Angus Burgher
12-14-2009, 06:22 PM
I believe what my black and gold brother is referring to is doing it more than once every couple of years.

Yup. Or winning a championship someone cares about. They won the division, good for them. But in the long run, does anyone care about that? When you have one horrible team in your division (Cleveland) and two that are playing mediocre-to-terrible (Pittsburgh and Baltimore), topping the division isn't too hard to do. Hell, people debated whether or not Pittsburgh was very good when they managed to do this last year, since the Bengals and the Browns were both horrible. And I'm sure Bengal fans know better than most that winning a division championship doesn't mean a wild card can't knock you out.

Win a conference championship or win the Super Bowl... that's something to brag about.

MasterOfPuppets
12-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Yup. Or winning a championship someone cares about. They won the division, good for them. But in the long run, does anyone care about that? When you have one horrible team in your division (Cleveland) and two that are playing mediocre-to-terrible (Pittsburgh and Baltimore), topping the division isn't too hard to do. Hell, people debated whether or not Pittsburgh was very good when they managed to do this last year, since the Bengals and the Browns were both horrible. And I'm sure Bengal fans know better than most that winning a division championship doesn't mean a wild card can't knock you out.

Win a conference championship or win the Super Bowl... that's something to brag about.
or at least win a playoff game ....:sofunny:

stillers4me
12-14-2009, 06:54 PM
or at least win a playoff game ....:sofunny:

This is a hoot. I have two Bengals fans smack talking me on my FB page right now.

Angus Burgher
12-17-2009, 01:37 AM
I hung out with my ex-girlfriend yesterday. She doesn't follow football; has no interest in it, etc. But somewhere in our conversation, I mentioned how much it depressed me that the Steelers are doing poorly this season. Her response was that, from what she knew, something was off altogether, because, and I quote, "Since when are the Bengals good? Don't they suck every year? If they're doing well then something is clearly wrong."

And there you have it. If people who don't even follow football know how much the Bengals suck and are shocked when they are somehow doing well, then I think that's pretty indicative of how bad they've been over the years and (hopefully) how bad they'll be in the future.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 01:51 AM
I hung out with my ex-girlfriend yesterday. She doesn't follow football; has no interest in it, etc. But somewhere in our conversation, I mentioned how much it depressed me that the Steelers are doing poorly this season. Her response was that, from what she knew, something was off altogether, because, and I quote, "Since when are the Bengals good? Don't they suck every year? If they're doing well then something is clearly wrong."

And there you have it. If people who don't even follow football know how much the Bengals suck and are shocked when they are somehow doing well, then I think that's pretty indicative of how bad they've been over the years and (hopefully) how bad they'll be in the future.

Like people say, timing is everything.

Yesterday, I would have found your post COMPLETELY hilarious. I just don't have it within me today with what is happening with Henry...

I'll revisit it in a few weeks to try and re-gain the effects it should have had. :hatsoff:

Angus Burgher
12-17-2009, 11:08 AM
Agreed, I feel terrible for Henry, his family and friends, and even the other Bengals. It's a sad thing when anyone so young, even a guy who had some personal problems, dies... especially in such an awful way. It seems like he had really turned his life around, too. It's very tragic.

revefsreleets
12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm curious to see the toxicology report...

stillers4me
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Like people say, timing is everything.

Yesterday, I would have found your post COMPLETELY hilarious. I just don't have it within me today with what is happening with Henry...

I'll revisit it in a few weeks to try and re-gain the effects it should have had. :hatsoff:

It's ok, Preacher. We can mourn the senseless loss of a life that ended too soon, and yet still know the Bengals suck.

There's no shame in that. :wink02: