PDA

View Full Version : Everything went our way today.. If only we could have held up our end of the bargain.

JCPsteelers
12-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Dolphins beat the Jaguars which makes them both 7-6.. Broncos lose to the Colts to drop them to 8-5.

If we had beaten the Raiders and Browns we be sitting right now with the 5th seed in the playoffs and in control of our destiny.. :doh:

I'll take it one step further. If we would have been able to beat the Chiefs, we'd have the same record as the Bengals and actually would have a shot at the 2nd seed in the AFC if we could win out and the Bengals drop a game. .:chuckle:

But whatever, our team (especially the OL and defense) decided to mail it in.. Thanks guys. Hope everyone has their tee time set on Jan 4.... . :mad:

NEPAsteeler
12-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Just another unfortunate case of Coulda, woulda, shoulda. :noidea:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Dolphins beat the Jaguars which makes them both 7-6.. Broncos lose to the Colts to drop them to 8-5.

If we had beaten the Raiders and Browns we be sitting right now with the 5th seed in the playoffs and in control of our destiny.. :doh:

I'll take it one step further. If we would have been able to beat the Chiefs, we'd have the same record as the Bengals and actually would have a shot at the 2nd seed in the AFC if we could win out and the Bengals drop a game. .:chuckle:

But whatever, our team (especially the OL and defense) decided to mail it in.. Thanks guys. Hope everyone has their tee time set on Jan 4.... . :mad:

Dropped a game? Hell, the dropped their pants, grabbed their ankles, and let that dirty Ragnar and that geezer Favre take turns screwing them!!!:chuckle:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Dropped a game? Hell, the dropped their pants, grabbed their ankles, and let that dirty Ragnar and that geezer Favre take turns screwing them!!!:chuckle:

And that's putting it mildly. :wink02:

UltimateBengal
12-13-2009, 04:22 PM
And that's putting it mildly. :wink02:

Gives a new meaning to BungHOLE!:hatsoff:

stillers4me
12-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Gives a new meaning to BungHOLE!:hatsoff:

:applaudit:

ricardisimo
12-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I'd like an explanation for how Miami, Baltimore and the Jets winning constitutes "everything going our way"?

steelreserve
12-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I'd like an explanation for how Miami, Baltimore and the Jets winning constitutes "everything going our way"?

Not "everything," but enough went our way that we're alive for another week.

We WANTED the Dolphins to win against Jacksonville, because to catch Miami, all we have to do is beat them in the last game. The "hard" part for us was going to be catching up to Jacksonville or Denver, and we got help in that respect.

Ravens weren't going to lose to the Lions, so whatever. They just have to lose one other game. Jets also played one of the worst teams in the league and were not going to lose. But they would be lucky not to lose 2 of their last 3.

So it came together about as well as could be expected. I maintain that at this point, the biggest barrier between us and the playoffs is that we win our own final three games.

Crow-Magnon
12-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Not "everything," but enough went our way that we're alive for another week.

We WANTED the Dolphins to win against Jacksonville, because to catch Miami, all we have to do is beat them in the last game. The "hard" part for us was going to be catching up to Jacksonville or Denver, and we got help in that respect.

Ravens weren't going to lose to the Lions, so whatever. They just have to lose one other game. Jets also played one of the worst teams in the league and were not going to lose. But they would be lucky not to lose 2 of their last 3.

So it came together about as well as could be expected. I maintain that at this point, the biggest barrier between us and the playoffs is that we win our own final three games.

After Thursday Night Football, I wasn't taking the outcome of this game for granted.