PDA

View Full Version : 5 game losing streak. anyone find it odd...

tony hipchest
12-13-2009, 05:31 PM
...that the game we looked best in, had the closest chance of winning was against baltimore with dennis dixon making his 1st career start? :huh:

this is no knock on ben, but definitely proof that the coaches can build a gameplan for winning based on the circumstances, and doing what is logically sound.

of course they were forced to make a change.

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 05:34 PM
and bruce still called some retarded plays...imagine if we had a coordinator

HometownGal
12-13-2009, 05:57 PM
and bruce still called some retarded plays...imagine if we had a coordinator

Imagine if our D hadn't given up 420+ yards and the game-tying FG with under 2 in the game.

FIRE BEN DAMN IT!!

(I had to be the first to say it.) :chuckle:

GoSlash27
12-13-2009, 06:25 PM
There is a lot to be said for that. Perhaps everyone was trying just a little harder to make the job easier for Dennis in his first outing. :noidea:
Nothing against Ben; he's still the best QB in the league AFAIC. Just sayin' that our weakness is mental rather than physical.

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Imagine if our D hadn't given up 420+ yards and the game-tying FG with under 2 in the game.

FIRE BEN DAMN IT!!

(I had to be the first to say it.) :chuckle:

if the offense scored more points, would it have mattered if they gave up a FG at the end?

tony hipchest
12-13-2009, 06:45 PM
ravens hang 48 points on the lions today. (win 48-3)

titans hung 47 on the rams (win 47-7)

houston hangs 34 on the suckhawks (win 34-7)

hell, even washington puts up 34 on the raiders (win 34-13)

both teams who played the chiefs 2 weeks after rocking our world (denver and san diego) hung 40+ points on them.

this is what good teams do to the dregs of the nfl. this is EXACTLY why steelerfans should expect the steelers to win by 50 points against this trash. at this point, im just glad we dont face the bucs or rams.

id rather be a spoiled fan with lofty expections as opposed to being embarrassed by the ineptitude on a weekly basis.

HometownGal
12-13-2009, 06:45 PM
if the offense scored more points, would it have mattered if they gave up a FG at the end?

I believe putting up 17 points with a 3rd string QB, who had only thrown 1 NFL pass prior to that game, against the Rats D is a credible performance.

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I believe putting up 17 points with a 3rd string QB, who had only thrown 1 NFL pass prior to that game, against the Rats D is a credible performance.

It was a good performance by Dixon, no question about it......BUT, it could have been better.

I dont understand the logic of deciding NOT to move dixon around, after it had worked previously....a good offensive coordinator would have given dixon much better opportunities (IMO)

anyway, in this day of age, with the offense having all the rules for them, 17 points doesnt cut it anymore....its actually pretty tough to hold a team under 17 points

tony hipchest
12-13-2009, 06:59 PM
I believe putting up 17 points with a 3rd string QB, who had only thrown 1 NFL pass prior to that game, against the Rats D is a credible performance.and putting up 6 points against the browns with ben at qb isnt.

this team never gave up 10 point leads with cowher at the helm. that had as much to do with our offenses capability to control the ball and wind down the clock, as it did our great defenses.

december football. steelers need to play it.

our sb win was much closer to a loss with great qb and powerful 2 minute offense, than it was with a 2nd year qb who tripped over his own feet.

tomlin needs to remind arians that style points dont matter (unfortunately for bruce, that remider may come written on a pink slip).

Rick5895
12-13-2009, 07:06 PM
MMMM intersting thread, may i add a point here

Ravens over 500 yards today against the Lions 48 points.

Steelers over 500 yards against the Chiefs 24 points.

Interesting eh??

Sharkissle29
12-13-2009, 07:11 PM
MMMM intersting thread, may i add a point here

Ravens over 500 yards today against the Lions 48 points.

Steelers over 500 yards against the Chiefs 24 points.

Interesting eh??

VERY....

the damn redzone

MACH1
12-13-2009, 07:17 PM
I wonder if there isn't some sort of a division in the locker room. O players not believing in the game plans or the play calling. Then the D getting wore out trying to keep them in the game. Just a guess. :noidea:

psusteelers4life
12-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I wonder if there isn't some sort of a division in the locker room. O players not believing in the game plans or the play calling. Then the D getting wore out trying to keep them in the game. Just a guess. :noidea:

I tend to agree with that statement and with what Hines had to say when interviewed the one time about the coaches putting them in position to win maybe there is something bigger than what we see.

ljk2442
12-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Arians is gone... end of story... so all the people complaining its players and poor execution... sweet.. arians is gone.. Bring back the Power Eye! and rebuild that line! NO MORE STUPID ASS ZONE BLOCKING! Back to the He's my man, run him 100 yards down the field!

BlastFurnace
12-13-2009, 08:38 PM
ravens hang 48 points on the lions today. (win 48-3)

titans hung 47 on the rams (win 47-7)

houston hangs 34 on the suckhawks (win 34-7)

hell, even washington puts up 34 on the raiders (win 34-13)

both teams who played the chiefs 2 weeks after rocking our world (denver and san diego) hung 40+ points on them.

this is what good teams do to the dregs of the nfl. this is EXACTLY why steelerfans should expect the steelers to win by 50 points against this trash. at this point, im just glad we dont face the bucs or rams.

id rather be a spoiled fan with lofty expections as opposed to being embarrassed by the ineptitude on a weekly basis.

Great Post Tony! We desire our favorite team to play well and put away inferior teams like you described above. Every fan of this team should want that.