PDA

View Full Version : What should the Steelers do now?

Rick5895
12-13-2009, 06:54 PM
As it appears our season is over as far as playoffs, what should the Steelers do now>
Here are my thoughts.

1. Shut down Troy, let his knee fully heal.

2. Play both lewis and barnett, let's see if they can cover and play in this league. I don't mean start them but give them some reps.

3. Play Mundy, see above for reasoning

4. Let's get Sweed on the field more,hopefully he can break his personal slump

5. Have Wallace return some kicks, my guess is he is better than Logan. ( I live in Canada, and watched Logan from time to time last year in the CFL. He is a dynamic player....on the larger CFL field and with the different rules.)

6. And finally, let's get Dixon some reps, even if it's a quarter at a time, and design some packages for him.

As far as the locker room problems that keep being reported, I believe they are things that can be corrected with the start of a new season .

GO STEELERS IN 2010, !!:tt04::tt02::helmet::tt03::tt:

steeltheone
12-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Logan is just fine. With our special team play he has done awesome.

Rick5895
12-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I didn't say Logan was not fine, I said I thought Wallace is better, for the NFL. As I said I saw Logan play in the CFL, the CFL is a different game, a game in which Logan excels.

MACH1
12-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Logan will be fine back there

ljk2442
12-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Logan IMO has had some ball security issues proven a costly fumble against the chargers, and a few almost costly ones... Not acceptable and he has zero TD's... nothing special.. he takes up a roster spot... he had a great preseason... regular season nothing but average...

Maybe a new coach and new schemes will improve his abilities!.

Hayeksheroes
12-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Inform the cornerbacks that they have a right to the football when it is in the air.

T&B fan
12-13-2009, 08:34 PM
to start with win some football games .. gota get the monky off our back and just win win and win , this is steelers football we don't play for draft pics ... ,,

now as far as trying out new stuff or other players as you stated sure if it comes with winning ..

Nadroj 20
12-13-2009, 10:50 PM
I do agree with sitting troy the rest of the year even if he could come back to play, too risky and im dissapointed to say there is no reason for him to risk it.

Shellshock
12-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Raise ticket prices like they want to but can't because of the season.

rick723
12-14-2009, 12:07 AM
As it appears our season is over as far as playoffs, what should the Steelers do now>
Here are my thoughts.

1. Shut down Troy, let his knee fully heal.

2. Play both lewis and barnett, let's see if they can cover and play in this league. I don't mean start them but give them some reps.

3. Play Mundy, see above for reasoning

4. Let's get Sweed on the field more,hopefully he can break his personal slump

5. Have Wallace return some kicks, my guess is he is better than Logan. ( I live in Canada, and watched Logan from time to time last year in the CFL. He is a dynamic player....on the larger CFL field and with the different rules.)

6. And finally, let's get Dixon some reps, even if it's a quarter at a time, and design some packages for him.

As far as the locker room problems that keep being reported, I believe they are things that can be corrected with the start of a new season .

GO STEELERS IN 2010, !!:tt04::tt02::helmet::tt03::tt:

I agree with everything except Wallace returning kicks. I think he is going to be a B*t*h in the sh*t next year.

rick723
12-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Logan IMO has had some ball security issues proven a costly fumble against the chargers, and a few almost costly ones... Not acceptable and he has zero TD's... nothing special.. he takes up a roster spot... he had a great preseason... regular season nothing but average...

Maybe a new coach and new schemes will improve his abilities!.

That was poor officiating. They held logan up and mugged him. Whistle should have blown way back.

Galax Steeler
12-14-2009, 03:55 AM
That was poor officiating. They held logan up and mugged him. Whistle should have blown way back.

Agreed that call was bs. Logan is a good return man and is the first down the field on kickoffs. Hopefully he will get better and remain on the Steelers.

markymarc
12-14-2009, 12:02 PM
I totally agree about shutting down Troy the rest of this season. No reason to bring him back now. I would also like to see Sweed, Burnett, Lewis and Mundy get a lot more playing time. Let's see what the young kids can do.

StainlessStill
12-14-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't see the hate for Logan, honestly. He's perfect and was a brilliant move by Tomlin and our staff to believe in this kid. If you look at the stats, he's the best PR we've had in awhile and he came so so close in breaking a lot. He's consistent and with a better unit around him, he could be a star in this league. If you would watch, there are absolutely NO opening's for Logan to run through and when there actually IS, he breaks very nice and impressing returns so he's staying put. Would be retarded to get rid of him.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-14-2009, 12:13 PM
First and formost Win some football and not by only playing a 1/2 but totally dominate on all sides of the ball.

Get rid of B.A. now and lets see what Kenny Anderson can do. If he turns things around then we have our next O.C. if not he goes back to being a QB coach no harm no foul.

I would put Sweed in a position of having to make some plays, simple at first and then work it from there. Let's see if we can nip his problems in the bud now or if we need to let him go.

steeltheone
12-14-2009, 12:16 PM
We need an OC with a WINNING resume. Tomlin is still a young coach. He needs surrounded by sound experienced coaches. Anderson will get his chance....not now

BigBen'sSwagger
12-14-2009, 12:54 PM
We need an OC with a WINNING resume. Tomlin is still a young coach. He needs surrounded by sound experienced coaches. Anderson will get his chance....not now

I have no problem with that but why not let Kenny finnish out the rest of the year and let B.A. hit the door now. Show the team and the fans that change really is coming shake it up a little

steelpride12
12-14-2009, 01:07 PM
I totally agree about shutting down Troy the rest of this season. No reason to bring him back now. I would also like to see Sweed, Burnett, Lewis and Mundy get a lot more playing time. Let's see what the young kids can do.

With the money these players and starters are getting paid Troy and the rest of the starts will finish off the season. They playoffs are not a write off yet and that means they don't just shut down.

stlrtruck
12-14-2009, 03:47 PM
I know what the Steelers should do now...

PLAY FOOTBALL