PDA

View Full Version : Should bruschi retire?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-19-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05077/473449.stm

Man, the guys' got a hole in his heart...I know you can recover from that and live a perfectly happy normal life..but man, do u risk coming back to the NFL from a stroke, and now this?

ironcitychef
03-19-2005, 01:06 AM
I forget who said it, but a pro football player(well respected) said you should walk away from the game when, you can walk away. Enough said.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-19-2005, 10:50 AM
yeah i think this is the right time... i mean he just won his 3rd superbowl... he's old... he's hurt

is there a better time?

clevestinks
03-19-2005, 11:25 AM
I agree, he should go, if nothing else think of your kids.

JerseySTEEL
03-19-2005, 04:30 PM
the guy has 3 rings and just having anthior kid hes gona retire, now ay he comes back.

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Hes got a passion for the game and hes one of my favorite players. Hes not the best, most talented but he gets the job done and gives it all hes got. I hope he comes back for at least another year.

HinesWard4Life8682
03-20-2005, 10:48 PM
i think hes not that great. People made sucha big deal about him. He did nothing and then in the playoffs he made big plays and then all i hear on ESPN is how is teddy bruschi so good? i mean c'mon after that strip he made against indy everybody talked about him. nobody did in the regular season. he never had half the season that farrior had, does anybody talk about him

Brownskikass
03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
Thats the thing about Bruschi. Nobody talks about him and hes not a great player. He plays the game for fun, not for money and hes a hardworking kinda guy, the exact opposite of Ray Lewis...And Farrior is damned good but the reason noone talks about him is because he hasnt won three SBs

JerseySTEEL
03-20-2005, 11:54 PM
are u kidding me every god dam night whena pats game was one teddy this teddy that.he was very much talked about this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2005, 12:29 AM
teddy didnt make all the headlines till the pats won thier last 2 SB titles. He's always been one of the those defy the odds guys.. who just gets the job done, year and year out. He got his fair share of media coverage the last few seasons, but man when something like this happens, football takes second priority to ur well being for ur family.

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 08:17 AM
Maybe we should have him on the overrated list, but still Blitz is right, family and health first.

hardwork
03-21-2005, 03:21 PM
Bruschi is the quintessential Patriot. He loves the game. He's smart. He plays with his gut. He's a coach on the field. He's tough. He has average talent for a pro. He brings home the bacon. Trust me, every team should be so lucky as to have a Teddy Bruschi on its roster.

Well he play next year? That's up to him. He has a life outside of football. He has built up a lot of good-will here in Boston, so he could slide into the business community with ease. If it's not smart for him to play again, he won't.

clevestinks
03-21-2005, 03:59 PM
I agree, I think as a linebacker he is overrated a bit. But he does make up for it with his other attributes. I think alot of it is Bills system. And he does get the most out of his players.
As far as other teams being lucky to have him? Maybe most teams, but not here in Pittsburgh. We have some of the best linebackers ever. Year after year. And not to take anything away from Teddy, but he wouldn`t start here. He is not fast enough to be a Steeler linebacker, Vrabel couldn`t start here when he was here. Although I might put Vrabel on the underrated list, I like his game.
As a family man I would just hope Teddy made the right choice, I`m sure he does have plenty of options out of football. And I`m glad they caught it before it was to late. Tou probably know more than we do about it, but I still can`t believe they never new before that he had a hole in his heart. These are professional athletes, they get physicals all the time.

hardwork
03-21-2005, 06:51 PM
Speed isn't what stopped #36 dead in his tracks at 4th and one. And that was the game right there. So you can keep the Bruschies out of the line up, and we'll keep putting them in there.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2005, 07:12 PM
Yes the bus got stopped on 4th and 1..which rarely happens, but it did.. :blah: :blah: anywho, the main point being that Steeler linebackers who arent fast dont last in Pittsburgh...ex. earl holmes, who was as big a hitter as they come,but couldnt cover with a damn, and that ulitmately lead to him leaving the team; hich was clevestinks main piont. Bruschi is as solid as they come at LB, no doubt... but his lack of speed would hinder him in a 3-4 zone blitz style that we run here in Blitzburgh.

hardwork
03-21-2005, 08:25 PM
Blitz, I understand. You use your system, we'll use ours. You keep pressuring us, we'll keep pressuring you.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-21-2005, 08:34 PM
And around and around we go.. year in and year out. :D

ironcitychef
03-23-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm always worried about those players that will ease into the work place. Better make sure I get a cover sheet for my report...

http://www.advertisementave.com/tv/windowsmedia.asp?u_file=reebok-tate&server_name=310marathon.com

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Teddy stops Bettis on one play, a huge play no doubt.
But 9 out of 10 times the Bus will run his ass over.

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
03-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I think Bruschi should retire. I will admit, I wasn't too fond of him when I first saw him. But after awhile I realized that he loves the game and gives it 200% every time he plays. He has two kids and one coming. He has paid his due in football, and if he goes out now, he will go out very well respected. He's a great player, but it's time to walk away, until you can't anymore. Please say a prayer for him, I know he's part of the Patriots, but he has 3 kids, just wish him the best through his surgery. Thanks guys! :hope: God Bless!

~All Amer~

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 07:10 PM
his agent has said hes prob sittign out the 05 season!

clevestinks
03-23-2005, 07:37 PM
I just read that myself, probably a good choice. Three rings, can`t beat that. I wish him health

JerseySTEEL
03-23-2005, 09:17 PM
hes HOF and has 3 rings so why not just retire u have over 20 mill live life with your kids hehe.

hardwork
03-25-2005, 12:00 PM
The hole in Bruschi's heart is something we are all born with. With most of us it closes up, however with a fairly significant percentage, around 20%, of the population it doesn't. In most cases its not closing never presents a problem. But, one of the problems it can present is a blood clot that can lead to a stroke. This is what apparently happened in Bruschi's case. And it may have been due to the fact that he had just been on a long plane ride coming back from the Pro Bowl. When you sit that long it can put you at a higher risk of getting a clot. Remember the TV reporter who died of an embolism from sitting in a bradly for days during the invasion of Iraq?

HinesWard4Life8682
03-26-2005, 12:51 AM
he should walk away from the game... thats it... there can't be any possible better time

i think hes overrated too

BlitzburghRockCity
03-26-2005, 07:50 AM
he's a fighter, and football players are a different breed.... i'd sit this year out if I were him and try for a comeback in 2006

clevestinks
03-26-2005, 07:56 AM
I`m sure we all wish him well.

clevestinks
05-21-2005, 10:42 PM
Teddie said today that this season is still up in the air. He may play. I`m not sure I would do the same thing. I mean I know its in your blood to play, but with being a father , he is 31, not to old, but not really young either for a LB. He alreay has the rings. I don`t beleive he is a HOF`er, and thats not a knock on him. He though just be trying to hold on for that last years salary?? I`m sure the Pats would do the classes thing and give him some job. I hope he makes his decision with his head, and not his heart.

hardwork
05-23-2005, 06:02 PM
He's been reporting to Foxboro all along. He was at the mini camp, and he's been in the weight room. By the time he makes up his mind he'll have all information he needs.

HOF? Not now. Another year like last year, and another ring, well, that might do it.

clevestinks
05-23-2005, 06:25 PM
You are probably right. Rings definitley help!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2005, 06:33 PM
they've got chad brown now, so there's no rush, and teddy's job will be there in 2006 .. he should rest and get ready for next season.. no sense rushing something of this magnitude..... especially since it originally hit him out of the blue like it did.

hardwork
05-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Within the first month or so, post incident, I believe at least one doctor close to the situation advised him not to play again. Whether that has changed, or not, I don't know.

clevestinks
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Like I`ve always said. Being competitive is born in you. I`m sure he doesn`t want to quit. But its not all about him now. Life over football. Easy?

Ironman
05-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I think he's a product of the system. I don't think he's the type of LB to take a game over... which you need to be to reach the HOF from that position. Gutsy... check, SB rings, check...HOF? Sorry, I just don't see it.

clevestinks
05-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Couldn`t agree more Ironman, thats why I wrote before that he is not yet a HOFer. Hardwork was quick to point out if Teddy had a couple more seasons like last year , and was to win another ring, that he may be considered. I would also agree with that, the system or not, four rings and your one of thier better players, really good chance. Only problem is he is not a Steeler, so no more rings for Teddy. lol

BlitzburghRockCity
05-24-2005, 09:34 PM
It's not uncommon for players to be made w/in the system.. and I'd agree he's no where near a HOF candidate just yet, but he has the potential. belicheck has a knack, just like we do, for drafting players who fit the scheme.. not always high round picks either.