PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Picture. Pointless to some, but hey, why not.

WH
12-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Yeah, amongst all the Doom and Gloom
Assuming this team can find itself in the 10 days between Cleveland and Oakland.
Here it is.
Steelers need to win out, obviously.
And the teams in front of Pittsburgh need to lose 2 of the next three.
However, with those teams' schedules it's not far from impossible.

Here's the look
Jacksonville (currently #6 if playoffs started now)
Indy
NE
Cleveland

Baltimore
Chicago
Pitt
Oakland

Miami
Tenn
Houston
Pitt

Jets
Atlanta
Indy
Cincy

None of these teams have a cakewalk schedule remaining. Especially if Pittsburgh finds their mojo, which could happen with Troy returning.

Yes, i'm holding onto that last thread of hope.

Flame on.

revefsreleets
12-14-2009, 04:23 PM
We aren't the Bengals or Browns. MAKING the playoffs is NOT success.

If we happen to get somehow a LOT better in the next few weeks, MAYBE, but we just lost, in pathetic fashion, to arguably the worst team in the NFL.

It's time to think about just playing ONE complete football game, NOT about the playoffs.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Yeah, amongst all the Doom and Gloom
Assuming this team can find itself in the 10 days between Cleveland and Oakland.
Here it is.
Steelers need to win out, obviously.
And the teams in front of Pittsburgh need to lose 2 of the next three.
However, with those teams' schedules it's not far from impossible.

Here's the look
Jacksonville (currently #6 if playoffs started now)
Indy
NE
Cleveland

Baltimore
Chicago
Pitt
Oakland

Miami
Tenn
Houston
Pitt

Jets
Atlanta
Indy
Cincy

None of these teams have a cakewalk schedule remaining. Especially if Pittsburgh finds their mojo, which could happen with Troy returning.

Yes, i'm holding onto that last thread of hope.

Flame on.

well.....looking at the schedule it looks very possible that these teams will lose their 2 games to help us.... But I dont know that the steelers could win any of their next 3 games.... Hopefully they turn it around

Mean Machine
12-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Glad your showing what a diehard fan you are. I'm the same way, even though I know I shouldn't be thinking about playoffs, but my heart tells me to never give up hope. Never give up hope!

devilsdancefloor
12-14-2009, 06:40 PM
The oddity of it all we will play very well i believe the next 3 games because we always play up or down to our competion. (at least i hope that we do) i never give up on the steeelers until they are eliminated fromteh playoff scene

HowBoutThemSteelers
12-14-2009, 06:48 PM
I have been thinking about this since Thursdays loss and have been to three different forums and said the same. The Steelers will sneak into the playoffs and its gonna suck because they will then keep BA's worthless ass. Miami and Jax are going to choke this away watch. Hopefully if this does happen the Steelers go on one of those rides that the Cardinals did last year or the one we did in the 04-04 season.

steelpride12
12-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Boy wouldn't it be funny to watch a few people on these boards "dissapear" if the Steelers made the playoffs.

zulater
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
How 'bout we beat the Packers first.

Nadroj 20
12-14-2009, 09:50 PM
How 'bout we beat the Packers first.

Ill second that, thats the thing i want to see the most :thumbsup:

willie_district
12-14-2009, 10:57 PM
"Playoffs, you wanna talk about the playoffs? Are you kidding me. I just hope we can win a game."