PDA

View Full Version : The Bus to start in XL?

MichiSteeler
01-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I have no actual evidence to support this idea or anything, but i just think that it would be cool if the Bus started Super Bowl XL. I mean everything sports lately besides kobe has been about him. I think it would be appropriate for the Bus to start, and play the whole game and have 100+ and 2 tds. Especially since Willie isnt getting it done. What do you guys think?

bangpow
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't start him. It's not a meaningless game being played. You have to stick to what got you there.

tony hipchest
01-28-2006, 11:44 AM
one thing about jerome is he is fresh. if willie were injured i think he could easilly get the start and be as effective as the league mvp. jerome has taken it easy all year and has plenty of gas left in the tank for one last hurrah! if gameplanned i dont think a 100 yd game out of him is impossible. i can see the same gameplan being used that theyve been using. get jerome in in the 3rd series but i dont think its a bad idea to get the buss in there early and often to pound the defenders and soften them up for some late long runs by willie.

jaysta
01-28-2006, 11:53 AM
One game, one championship, one more for the thumb. I say start him!

BIGBENATWORK
01-28-2006, 11:58 AM
I say keep doing what we've been doing for the past 7 games.

MichiSteeler
01-28-2006, 07:57 PM
I say keep doing what we've been doing for the past 7 games.
That has ben Willie doing nothing on the ground. I say try a new breath of air, try the Bus.. Hes a guaranteed 2-4 yards a carry. And i think its respectful. If Willie was some amazing standout then I wouldnt have started this thread, but hes not, and he has done NOTHING this post-season and hardly anything in the regular season. Has he even had over 200 rushing yards in all 3 post-season games?? Give the Bus a shot! Let him play his heart out for his last game!

Koopa
01-28-2006, 08:01 PM
That has ben Willie doing nothing on the ground. I say try a new breath of air, try the Bus.. Hes a guaranteed 2-4 yards a carry. And i think its respectful. If Willie was some amazing standout then I wouldnt have started this thread, but hes not, and he has done NOTHING this post-season and hardly anything in the regular season. Has he even had over 200 rushing yards in all 3 post-season games?? Give the Bus a shot! Let him play his heart out for his last game!

respect? mayne if winning the game means don't even dress bettis i'd do that. it's all about getting the W not playing ppl that have been in the league forever. but maybe starting bettis will throw the seahawks totally off their gameplan and make them go in panic mode and we can put the game away early from them making mistakes

boLT fan
01-28-2006, 08:23 PM
This is isn't the "Bettis Bow" it's the super bowl. Bettis is a 3down back, even if you did start him he wouldn't have the stamina to play 3 downs. No disrespect to Bettis, but he's a big guy who gets winded kind of easily. Just play to win.

I would say it would be cool to have Bettis run the ball on the last play of the game... but you guys should remember the Colts game. :dang:

BlackNGold203
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Say what you want about Willie Parker..but he still gained 1200 yards this year..and in the playoffs?..every team has been stuffing our run game..allowing us to kill them through the air. It amazes me how we have a 1200 yard back with 4.3 speed...and everyone thinks hes worthless. You start Parker..and platoon Bettis...then unleash Bettis in the 4th quarter when their D is worn down.

Dont mess with success

drizze99
01-28-2006, 09:39 PM
You guys are missing it. I hope Bettis starts as well. Does that mean I want him to get a majority of the runs? NO. Just because he is "starting" does not mean he is playing the most. I bet Willie even told Cohwer that Jerome should start.

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 05:55 AM
Say what you want about Willie Parker..but he still gained 1200 yards this year..and in the playoffs?..every team has been stuffing our run game..allowing us to kill them through the air. It amazes me how we have a 1200 yard back with 4.3 speed...and everyone thinks hes worthless. You start Parker..and platoon Bettis...then unleash Bettis in the 4th quarter when their D is worn down.

Dont mess with success
Agreed! Willie has been the starter, and has earned the right to start the Bowl! I love Bettis, but how do you start a guy 19 games, then tell him " We`ll get you in early"

Now if Willie goes to Cowher and tells him let Bettis get introduced with the starting offense, and gives him the start, then thats different