PDA

View Full Version : Chic-Fil-A ups the standard on customer service

stlrtruck
12-15-2009, 08:57 AM
So if anyone hasn't been to chic-fil-a lately they have uped the standard on customer service.

They carry your tray out for you and will walk around the restuarant asking customers if they want refills on your drink.

When I asked the manager why the change he expressed that it was a corporate wide initiative and that they felt it expressed the Christian foundation of the company and being a servant (this is of course paraphrased).

Vincent
12-15-2009, 09:27 AM
So if anyone hasn't been to chic-fil-a lately they have uped the standard on customer service.

They carry your tray out for you and will walk around the restuarant asking customers if they want refills on your drink.

When I asked the manager why the change he expressed that it was a corporate wide initiative and that they felt it expressed the Christian foundation of the company and being a servant (this is of course paraphrased).

Chik-fil-a has always been on another level in terms of product and consistent quality across the franchises. Their service has always been well above the vast fast food landscape because the attitudes of the franchises descend from Chik-fil-a's core beliefs.

To your point, yes I have noted the increased service and have marveled. But it isn't surprising considering the core and how they have manifested in the franchises.

Fave Chik-fil-a sammich - grilled on whole wheat. That's "fast food"? Are you freekin kidding me?!

steelreserve
12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
I've always heard that Chick Fil-A is awesome. It's too bad they decided the closest one should be about 100 miles from where I live. And the next-closest one about 500 miles from there. I mean, it's not like we're out in the middle of nowhere; this is the fourth-largest city in the country, for chrissakes.

Nadroj 20
12-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I've always heard that Chick Fil-A is awesome. It's too bad they decided the closest one should be about 100 miles from where I live. And the next-closest one about 500 miles from there. I mean, it's not like we're out in the middle of nowhere; this is the fourth-largest city in the country, for chrissakes.

Lol, i have never been to a Chick-Fil-A....ever......and im not sure if ive ever seen one either :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
12-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Mmmm - I love Chick Fil A. Last Super Bowl I got a platter of their chicken nuggets (around $23 for 64 pieces) and it was gone in 10 minutes lol On Tuesdays at our local restaurant, kids always eat free.

SteelerEmpire
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
There were 2 or 3 only in local malls around here. I noticed they finally broke down and built one from the ground up next door to my brother's Quiznos. I immediately ordered a combo...

KeiselPower99
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Chick Fil A is awesome!!!!!

stlrtruck
12-15-2009, 12:31 PM

Maybe you could open up the first franchise out your way!!! :thumbsup:

steelreserve
12-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Maybe you could open up the first franchise out your way!!! :thumbsup:

I don't know. There seems to be a circle with a 15-mile radius centered directly on my town where there are no chicken restaurants at all except one KFC, which is dog food. They literally only have them where the black people live, and all the ones where the white people live either moved or got closed down, including most of the KFC's. I have never seen any stereotype play out so literally in real life:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.906423&lon=-122.124397&zoom=11&tt=church%27s%20chicken&tp=1&ioride=us

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.906423&lon=-122.124397&zoom=11&tt=popeye%27s%20chicken&tp=1&ioride=us

So, I don't know how that would go over. This stupid town.

Vincent
12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I don't know. There seems to be a circle with a 15-mile radius centered directly on my town where there are no chicken restaurants at all except one KFC, which is dog food. They literally only have them where the black people live, and all the ones where the white people live either moved or got closed down, including most of the KFC's. I have never seen any stereotype play out so literally in real life:

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.906423&lon=-122.124397&zoom=11&tt=church%27s%20chicken&tp=1&ioride=us

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&lat=37.906423&lon=-122.124397&zoom=11&tt=popeye%27s%20chicken&tp=1&ioride=us

I'm stunned that there isn't a Chick-fil-a in the East Bay. Owning a franchise is a license to print money. Regardless of demographics.

I live in NC and the franchises I've seen here and throughout the East Coast do "land office" business. They're overwhelmed at lunch and dinner. They can afford to be closed on Sunday.

stlrtruck
12-15-2009, 02:25 PM

KFC can't hold a candle to Chic-Fil-A.

Indo
12-15-2009, 02:53 PM
:chicken:

Eat Mor Chiken!

steelreserve
12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I agree with both of you. KFC sucks ass, and everything I've heard about Chick-Fil-A indicates that it's awesome. I wish they had them here.

For some reason that I still don't fully understand, certain chains just seem to avoid the Bay Area or have one or two restaurants in the whole region despite the fact that 9,000,000 people live here. Chick-Fil-A is one. Dunkin' Donuts is another -- they have them all over the country, but the nearest one to me is in Las Vegas. I see commercials for Sonic all the time, but have NEVER seen an actual restaurant. You generally have to drive 20+ miles to find a Wendy's or a Carl's Jr., because they have like 3 of them. I do not really get why this happens, but it's retarded. It would probably piss me off a lot more if I ate fast food more often, but it's still pretty dumb.

Steel_12
12-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Chick-Fil-A is expensive as hell

stlrtruck
12-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I agree with both of you. KFC sucks ass, and everything I've heard about Chick-Fil-A indicates that it's awesome. I wish they had them here.

For some reason that I still don't fully understand, certain chains just seem to avoid the Bay Area or have one or two restaurants in the whole region despite the fact that 9,000,000 people live here. Chick-Fil-A is one. Dunkin' Donuts is another -- they have them all over the country, but the nearest one to me is in Las Vegas. I see commercials for Sonic all the time, but have NEVER seen an actual restaurant. You generally have to drive 20+ miles to find a Wendy's or a Carl's Jr., because they have like 3 of them. I do not really get why this happens, but it's retarded. It would probably piss me off a lot more if I ate fast food more often, but it's still pretty dumb.

Sounds to me like you've got yourself a corner on the market!

Start your own franchise and combine both :chuckle:

Vincent
12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
For some reason that I still don't fully understand, certain chains just seem to avoid the Bay Area or have one or two restaurants in the whole region despite the fact that 9,000,000 people live here.

http://8donkeys.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/raidersfans.jpg

What could it be? Hmmmmm. What could it be?

Chick-Fil-A is one. Dunkin' Donuts is another -- they have them all over the country, but the nearest one to me is in Las Vegas.

So that there is balance in the universe, you guys have In-n-Out. We don't. We do however, now have 5-Guys. IMHO, the only fast food burger that rivals In-n-Out.

Chick-Fil-A is expensive as hell

No it isn't. They don't have "dollar menus" and "$2.99 meals" ...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZPS1NPx4Jo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DZPS1NPx4Jo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

... because they aren't going after "that market".

Godfather
12-15-2009, 10:06 PM
Chick-Fil-A is OK...I prefer Raising Cane's though. They do chicken fingers and have great coleslaw and an awesome dipping sauce. The company started just off LSU's campus in 1996.

Preacher
12-15-2009, 10:15 PM

Well....its the bay area. heck, there are cities in this area that literally DO NOT ALLOW fast food restaurants to build in their cities, because they are too "corporate" or "commercial" That just isn't the "type of business the city is about."
Just a shame.

Stupid Bay Area.

MasterOfPuppets
12-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Mmmm - I love Chick Fil A. Last Super Bowl I got a platter of their chicken nuggets (around $23 for 64 pieces) and it was gone in 10 minutes lol On Tuesdays at our local restaurant, kids always eat free.
you ate 64 nuggets ? :jawdrop:

thier sausage biscuit gravy is the bomb...:thumbsup:

MACH1
12-15-2009, 11:14 PM
Chick-Fil-A sounds like a strip club.

Come on in and cop a feel of our chicks. :chuckle:

Shea
12-15-2009, 11:25 PM

It does sound like that in a way doesn't it? :sofunny:

I live on the west coast and this is the first I've heard of such a chain. Funny to me the things you learn while reading this forum.

Mr. D™
12-16-2009, 03:56 AM

the company itself is great. the people they hire isn't always great though.

Galax Steeler
12-16-2009, 04:31 AM

I will never be able to go in there and eat and not think about what you just said.:toofunny:

GutterflowerSteel
12-16-2009, 04:52 AM
you ate 64 nuggets ? :jawdrop:

thier sausage biscuit gravy is the bomb...:thumbsup:

Not by myself lol

Their milkshakes are da bomb :thumbsup:

xfl2001fan
12-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Not by myself lol

Their milkshakes are da bomb :thumbsup:

Lets be honest, they're almost everything is da bomb.

X-Terminator
12-16-2009, 06:09 AM
You guys out there on the left coast have no idea what you're missing. When they closed the Krispy Kreme down the road from me, they replaced it with a Chick-Fil-A. Frickin' AWESOME place. And they opened it across the street from my other favorite fast food restaurant, Steak N' Shake (you've probably never heard of that place either - they serve actual steakburgers on real dinner plates). To me, it's the best fast food burger joint in town, and they have awesome milkshakes there as well. As far as the expense at Chick-Fil-A goes, hey, if you want something good rather than the same old greasy crap (KFC), you're willing to pay a buck or 2 more for a combo. I don't find it expensive at all.

BTW Vincent, they have a 5-Guys near where I work - never been there, though. I'll have to check it out.

Vincent
12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
BTW Vincent, they have a 5-Guys near where I work - never been there, though. I'll have to check it out.

As far as the burger is concerned, if you like S&S you'll like 5 Guys. 5 Guys isn't S&S when it comes to menu or accouterments like dinner plates and shakes. More "Spartan". Very basic menu delivered in a no nonsense fashion. Somewhat higher price, but high quality and IMHO, worth it.

HometownGal
12-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I love Chick-Fil-A! :thumbsup: Tastiest chicken sandwich out there imho, and not riddled with grease like KFC's chicken. I also admire the company because they are closed on Sundays (at least around here) so as to give their employees time with their families. In today's money hungry world, I think that's just awesome! :drink:

Indo
12-16-2009, 11:45 AM

Chick filet.....not chick filla (feeler)

But I like your idea better :lust:

MACH1
12-16-2009, 11:47 AM
I will never be able to go in there and eat and not think about what you just said.:toofunny:

:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:
Hey baby, check out these drum sticks. :chuckle:

MACH1
12-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Chick filet.....not chick filla (feeler)

But I like your idea better :lust:

LOL.....Well, to those of us that never heard of them it looks like chicken filla. :noidea:

Indo
12-16-2009, 12:23 PM
LOL.....Well, to those of us that never heard of them it looks like chicken filla. :noidea:

Their commercials are pretty funny---buncha cows walkin' around with "Eat mor Chikin" signs

Check this out---click on the link at the top of the page "The Cows"

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#home

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Chic-Fil-A....has the best LEMONADE!!!

steelreserve
12-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Well....its the bay area. heck, there are cities in this area that literally DO NOT ALLOW fast food restaurants to build in their cities, because they are too "corporate" or "commercial" That just isn't the "type of business the city is about."
Just a shame.

Stupid Bay Area.

Yeah .. I'm somewhat familiar with that. The town next to mine is one of those that has a ban on fast food franchises (except for Nation's, which counts as a "local business"). They even banned Blockbuster and Round Table for the same reason.

Just for kicks, you should see what happens if you try to apply for a liquor license. I half-seriously looked into that once, and the thought of having an actual bar, where people actually drink alcohol, is such a frightening concept to the various regulating agencies that I think two or three people died of heart attacks and exploded heads.

After that, they wanted to charge me an exploded-head fee, as well as a breathing tax and a sleeping license, because their goal is apparently to regulate every aspect of life all the way down to walking across the street. I was going to tell them no, but they would've added a fee for that, too.

Vincent
12-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Yeah .. I'm somewhat familiar with that. The town next to mine is one of those that has a ban on fast food franchises (except for Nation's, which counts as a "local business"). They even banned Blockbuster and Round Table for the same reason.

Just for kicks, you should see what happens if you try to apply for a liquor license. I half-seriously looked into that once, and the thought of having an actual bar, where people actually drink alcohol, is such a frightening concept to the various regulating agencies that I think two or three people died of heart attacks and exploded heads.

After that, they wanted to charge me an exploded-head fee, as well as a breathing tax and a sleeping license, because their goal is apparently to regulate every aspect of life all the way down to walking across the street. I was going to tell them no, but they would've added a fee for that, too.

Mister, you just better thank a liberal for availing you of all this liberty.

steelreserve
12-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Mister, you just better thank a liberal for availing you of all this liberty.

Yeah, I really don't understand how California can still remain such a liberal place. Living here for any period longer than a couple days ought to frustrate any rational person enough to turn them into a die-hard Republican.

Do these people really all just not get how this works?

Godfather
12-16-2009, 05:11 PM
You guys out there on the left coast have no idea what you're missing. When they closed the Krispy Kreme down the road from me, they replaced it with a Chick-Fil-A. Frickin' AWESOME place. And they opened it across the street from my other favorite fast food restaurant, Steak N' Shake (you've probably never heard of that place either - they serve actual steakburgers on real dinner plates). To me, it's the best fast food burger joint in town, and they have awesome milkshakes there as well. As far as the expense at Chick-Fil-A goes, hey, if you want something good rather than the same old greasy crap (KFC), you're willing to pay a buck or 2 more for a combo. I don't find it expensive at all.

I love Steak & Shake. Stopped at one in Illinois once.

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2009, 08:58 PM
You are right about them printing money. They have opened 4 in my town in the last 5 years and everyone one of them is packed during lunch time. When I say packed, I mean jamb packed. The line for the drive thru will wrap around the building and back into the street. Minimum 15 minute wait during the busy time in the drive thru.

SteelersinCA
12-17-2009, 12:59 AM

I, respectfully, disagree. #1 We have Chick-Fil-A here, #2 Steak n Shake doesn't come close to In n' out burger, not even close, burger or milkshake. The ONLY thing I miss from food in the Midwest/East Coast is traditional Italian, otherwise, the "left" coast beats the pants off of the food there.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I really don't understand how California can still remain such a liberal place. Living here for any period longer than a couple days ought to frustrate any rational person enough to turn them into a die-hard Republican.

Do these people really all just not get how this works?

:rofl:

too true. too true.

And STeak and Shake compared to In and out burger? Aint no way. I wasn't too impressed with SAS at all.

Now, Give me a Penn Station any day! They had some of the BEST fries!

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 02:47 AM
I, respectfully, disagree. #1 We have Chick-Fil-A here, #2 Steak n Shake doesn't come close to In n' out burger, not even close, burger or milkshake. The ONLY thing I miss from food in the Midwest/East Coast is traditional Italian, otherwise, the "left" coast beats the pants off of the food there.

Well we don't have In n' Out Burger here, so I go on what I have to go on. Everyone I know out there raves about it, though. I have a friend in LA who absolutely loves In n' Out, and she's originally from Pittsburgh. I wasn't trying to compare the two anyway - how can I do that when I've never had an In n' Out burger? I just didn't think anyone out there had heard of it. But S&S blows every other burger joint out of the water here that I have had, and it isn't even close. And I should have been more specific and said Bay Area, because I know SoCal has plenty of Chick-Fil-A's around.

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 03:37 AM
:chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:
Hey baby, check out these drum sticks. :chuckle:

Dont forget about the breas.... naaa :chuckle:

They do have outstanding food though, I miss it.

Vincent
12-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Well we don't have In n' Out Burger here, so I go on what I have to go on. Everyone I know out there raves about it, though. I have a friend in LA who absolutely loves In n' Out, and she's originally from Pittsburgh. I wasn't trying to compare the two anyway - how can I do that when I've never had an In n' Out burger? I just didn't think anyone out there had heard of it. But S&S blows every other burger joint out of the water here that I have had, and it isn't even close. And I should have been more specific and said Bay Area, because I know SoCal has plenty of Chick-Fil-A's around.

Having spent significant time "on the road" over the last 30 years, I have a lot of experience with these restaurants.

Anything anybody says about restaurants, except for restaurant critics :rolleyes::chuckle: of course, is going to be subjective. So here's my :twocents:

Of the chains, the 4 being discussed here are well above the fast food giants in terms of unique culture, menu, and quality of food and service. None of them do "dollar menu" or "$2.99 meals" (except S&S)., so no pretense at "cheap". And you really have to separate CFA from the others because its all about chicken.

Chick-Fil-A - CFA's menu started with the "invention" of the chicken sammich - http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#history The fried chicken breast with 2 pickles on a white bun remain the mainstay but the menu has grown around the original breast and now the grilled breast to include a range of sandwiches, strips, nuggets, and salads. The lattice fries are very good; beverages are average; shakes and coffees are moderately upscale. Their burgers suck because they don't have any. :chuckle: CFA has a menu and ambiance that really appeals to families so they're always packed. The food and service are consistently high quality. As has been noted, they're a tad more expensive than the monsters, as are the 3 burger joints. But, hey, you get what you pay for. http://www.chick-fil-a.com/#healthyappetites

http://www.insidesocal.com/bargain/chicken_sandwich.jpg http://cfafairfieldroad.com/images/menu_chargrilled_club_sandwich.jpg http://trueslant.com/jennaweber/files/2009/06/menu_fries_large.jpg

The 3 burger joints are known for burgers, but really are unique "cultures". I'll focus on the burgers, fries, and shakes. In a burger, its the meat and how you cook it. You can glup it up with sauces and seasonings, but let's be real, its a meat patty. And IMHO the more basic the patty and cooking, the better. Then trim it as you like. All 3 here make everything to order - no boxes under heaters.

The finest example of this concept I have found in a restaurant is Le Tub in Hollywood, FL. http://www.theletub.com/

http://www.theletub.com/images/hamburger-picture-framed.jpg

That, served with their excellent fries, is $10, and expensive for this discussion.

Steak and Shake - S&S traditionally was a diner and drive-in that got together and had babies. http://www.steaknshake.com/history.asp The older locations retain this flavor; the new ones, less so but the menu reflects this. http://www.steaknshake.com/menu/SNS_CarryOut_Menu_3IN_pdf.pdf Lots of good stuff here, people. A bit more diverse menu that now includes $1 sliders and $4 meals, but they're not trying to be cheap. The burgers are indeed ground steak "balls" that are mashed on the grill to form the patty. Good quality burger and presentation. Their shoestring fries are quite good. Their shakes are great.

http://www.sundaypaper.com/Portals/0/2009/00_blogs/Steak%20n%20Shake%20Combo.jpg

In-n-Out - Is "Southern California", although they've broken out of SoCal. Like CFA, their culture and restaurants reflect the beliefs of their founders - serve high quality food as you would want to be served. http://www.in-n-out.com/history.asp Very basic menu on the surface with a "secret" side that gets interesting http://www.badmouth.net/in-n-outs-secret-menu/ (you can get nuts :crazy01: - see below) If I had to boil I&O down to basics, its high quality fresh food served cheerfully – fresh sliced tomatoes, real heads of lettuce, and potatoes sliced to order. This is produce you’d want to grab in a grocery store. The burgers are equally fresh and appealing. The basic offer is great. Take it to “another place” by ordering the burger and fries “animal style”. Haven’t had a shake (it’d kill me with the burger and fries) but I hear they’re great.

http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com/ono_kine_grindz/images/In-N-OutBurgerCombo1.jpg http://www.blogadilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/innout20x20.jpg

5 Guys - These guys from DC are new to burgerdom, have been received enthusiastically and have spread like wildfire. Mom & Pop beginnings like the other 3 http://www.fiveguys.com/history.aspx They're closest to I&O in concept - fresh high quality produce and meat served cheerfully to order. Among the ambiance are sacks of Idaho potatoes and all the ingredients are stacked on shelves up front. Dogs but no shakes. How to differentiate these guys? Visualize a double bacon cheeseburger with grilled shrooms and onions with A-1 steak sauce, a ridiculous mound of excellent fries and a beverage. Mommy!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4m7qb8IswWg/RypAjsYRFaI/AAAAAAAAA6o/N_C_qGhf1k4/s400/5%2BGuys%2BCheeseburger%2B%26%2BFries.jpg http://chicago.grubstreet.com/081016fiveguys.jpg

They're all real good. But again, it's subjective. My favorite among the burgers is 5 Guys. Closest to Le Tub. :wink02: But then, I like Vincent's pizza.

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Im freakin dieing here. I have not had a decent burger in over a year.

I know its not chicken but that $5 dollar burger from Hardees is what dreams are made of :chuckle:

I cant even get decent hamburger meat here to make my own. I have to be honest, real Chinese food sucks, I'd settle for a good ole' fashioned 'Americanized' Chinese buffet right about now.

SteelersinCA
12-17-2009, 11:25 AM

I know, I'm just trying to get some West Coast love, it's all good my friend! Steak and Shake is a good spot. My problem with Steak and Shake is the customer service always seems to suck. However, I feel for the Midwest as far as burger joints. Do you guys have Jack in the box yet? They aren't an especially great burger, but good for a change of pace. Carl's Jr is also a good burger, a lot of people say they are the same as Hardee's but they aren't, Hardee's is a sister chain. We do have S&S out here, not as many as there but there are some spread out.

One other thing the west coast can't compete on pizza either. I miss Dicarlo's and Donatos.

GutterflowerSteel
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Five Guys=Le BEST :thumbsup: Although I've never had Steak & Shake or In & Out Burger - my west coast buds swear by I & O.

I live in the DC suburbs, and 5 Guys were all the rage when they began - it's great to see them spread out over the country.

revefsreleets
12-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Three words: Swenson's Galley Boy.

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I know, I'm just trying to get some West Coast love, it's all good my friend! Steak and Shake is a good spot. My problem with Steak and Shake is the customer service always seems to suck. However, I feel for the Midwest as far as burger joints. Do you guys have Jack in the box yet? They aren't an especially great burger, but good for a change of pace. Carl's Jr is also a good burger, a lot of people say they are the same as Hardee's but they aren't, Hardee's is a sister chain. We do have S&S out here, not as many as there but there are some spread out.

One other thing the west coast can't compete on pizza either. I miss Dicarlo's and Donatos.

Nope, no Jack in the Box here, but maybe someday. The closest Carl's Jr. is somewhere in Ohio (Columbus, I think), but I hear a lot about their Six Dollar Burger (which isn't really $6.00, for those not in the know).

Anyone try Sonic yet? There is one open in Bridgeville, outside of Pittsburgh. Burgers look good on TV, but of course, that's TV.

And I definitely will try Five Guys now - thanks for those pictures, Vincent!

Preacher
12-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Nope, no Jack in the Box here, but maybe someday. The closest Carl's Jr. is somewhere in Ohio (Columbus, I think), but I hear a lot about their Six Dollar Burger (which isn't really $6.00, for those not in the know).

Anyone try Sonic yet? There is one open in Bridgeville, outside of Pittsburgh. Burgers look good on TV, but of course, that's TV.

And I definitely will try Five Guys now - thanks for those pictures, Vincent!

IMO. Sonic is nasty.

I have one just down the street from my house. Not worth going to at all.

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 03:43 PM

Heh. A year or two ago, I remember seeing a Carl's Jr. where the Six Dollar Burger was $5.49. Then I think they got embarrassed and lowered it back to $3.99.

KeiselPower99
12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Sonic is good for the drinks.

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 05:35 PM
I think it was P.D. Quix? we had several back in NC when I was there, good burgers and even better 'waffle' type of fries.

SteelersinCA
12-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Three words: Swenson's Galley Boy.

I forgot about Swenson's, place is great!

TroysBadDawg
12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
:rofl:

Now, Give me a Penn Station any day! They had some of the BEST fries!

That was the first place I went to after getting out of the hospital Penn Station for a medium Italian, large fry and lemon aide

Sure beats hospital food, well anything beats hospital food but I really like Penn Station.

tony hipchest
12-17-2009, 09:27 PM
another great thing about chick fil a is walking through the mall and a lady handing you the sample on a toothpick. :thumbsup:

we dont have one here; just kfc, churchs, and popeyes. churchs is some nasty greasy shit. i love popeyes. im having my christmas party catered next week with 2 of their cajun turkeys and a few family packs, plus all the sides. :yummy:

as for burgers, out here in small cow town NM, we got plenty of beef, but not enough mainstream burger joints.

McD, BK, & sonic. lotaburger is probably the best but the least known (of course we got all the whattaburger, jack in the crack, and the others nearby in cruces and el paso)

sonic burgers do kinda suck but are a nice change of pace from the big 2, and the only one i will eat mayo and pickle on (probably cause it kills or adds too the flavor of the beef).

i tried in and out my last 2 times to laughlin, and other than the fresh veggies, it was just another burger for me.

perhaps all the AF GI's here will agree with me, but there really is something to be said for an air force base, bowling alley snack bar burger. every one ive been too they have been damn good.

i tell you what though... if youre ever in NM, what you need to do is find a small (non franchise) mom and pop joint. (we have a tiny little carhop that has been here since the 60's) and order a green chile bacon double cheeseburger. $9 but easilly bigger than a saucer dish and comes with fries. owl bar cafe in san antonio, NM supposedly has the best (i agree). we have statewide yearly competitions. if youre ever around, give it a try. i can almost say no matter where you get 1 it will be dee-lish.

other than that, and applebees or chiles burger does me fine.

Gnutella
12-23-2009, 03:41 AM
The Chick-Fil-A's I've been to have all had excellent customer service. They seem to be more selective in the hiring process too; they only want the friendliest. I'm guessing that anybody who has ever been fired from a fast-food job is ineligible for a job there. Combine the excellent customer service with fresh food, and it's no wonder why Chick-Fil-A is kicking ass in the fast-food universe.