PDA

View Full Version : Did Tomlin cheat on Ben?

Hayeksheroes
12-15-2009, 11:02 AM
The Pittsburgh media has been pretty harsh on Tomlin. I like the guy. I think he has a solid future. I don't understand how he could have "lost" a team that he took to the superbowl and won and then had at 6-2, after a crushing win against Denver. Tomlin turned Mendenhall from a Bust to a Pro Bowler.

But something happened along the way. The story does not make sense. It's like Tiger Woods hitting a tree. Only later did we learn the truth. Something will come out to explain the collapse. Someone has gotten too big for his bitches (britches).

MACH1
12-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Maybe he didn't loose the team himself, I think BA plays a big part in it.

Atranox
12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Losing will really expose a team. On the other hand, winning will cover everything up.

Just look at the Pats - they dropped a couple games and suddenly everyone was second-guessing Bellichick, something was "wrong" with Tom Brady, Randy Moss became too lazy, etc.

This is pretty much exactly what happened to the Steelers. We had numerous games last year resembling this year's Chiefs/Raiders/Browns debacles. The difference? Last year we won those games. A simple 3-point swing in each game this year really is the difference between the Steelers being considered elite, and being considered at rock-bottom.

solardave
12-15-2009, 12:06 PM

I suspect Ben is the only offensive player that likes BA. Just my thought on the subject and I also think it's divided the locker room.

vasteeler
12-15-2009, 12:06 PM
The Pittsburgh media has been pretty harsh on Tomlin. I like the guy. I think he has a solid future. I don't understand how he could have "lost" a team that he took to the superbowl and won and then had at 6-2, after a crushing win against Denver. Tomlin turned Mendenhall from a Bust to a Pro Bowler.

But something happened along the way. The story does not make sense. It's like Tiger Woods hitting a tree. Only later did we learn the truth. Something will come out to explain the collapse. Someone has gotten too big for his bitches (britches).

ooooooo k

Gnutella
12-15-2009, 12:11 PM
The fact that Ben Roethlisberger likes Bruce Arians is part of why I believe Arians might be demoted instead of fired outright. Maybe Arians will switch roles with Ken Anderson.

rick723
12-15-2009, 10:12 PM
I suspect Ben is the only offensive player that likes BA. Just my thought on the subject and I also think it's divided the locker room.

BA is BAAAAAAAD!! for this team. When you have a qb who by his own admission holds the ball too long. You keep your defence on the field. All those 4th qtr let goes or whatever you want to call them?? Inc on 3rd down? Someone, anyone tell me when this year we ran back to back run plays? Have we even tried to run on 3rd and 3 or better?

Rockonsteel
12-15-2009, 11:43 PM
BA is BAAAAAAAD!! for this team. When you have a qb who by his own admission holds the ball too long. You keep your defence on the field. All those 4th qtr let goes or whatever you want to call them?? Inc on 3rd down? Someone, anyone tell me when this year we ran back to back run plays? Have we even tried to run on 3rd and 3 or better?

Hey, Rick, let me help help you out with that. That would've been just as recently as this past Thursday night. They actually ran the ball back to back on the first two offensive plays from scrimmage. They were fairly successful, too, picking up nine yards on the two carries. This left them in a very desirable situation of 3rd and 1. At which point Bruce Air-Head forgot what the essence of football is and decided to go empty wide shotgun, and got his QB sacked, killing any momentum gained by pounding the d for 9 yds the first two plays of the game. That guy really is clueless for real.

Steeldude
12-16-2009, 12:28 AM
Tomlin turned Mendenhall from a Bust to a Pro Bowler

i don't think he was a bust because he really didn't get much playing time. i don't think he is a pro bowler either. the jury is still out.

Aussie_steeler
12-16-2009, 02:03 AM
i don't think he was a bust because he really didn't get much playing time. i don't think he is a pro bowler either. the jury is still out.

The jury has been noticeably absent for at least 8 weeks.

Where is Mr U.F. Knuckle? He used to be judge, jury and executioner on all topics regarding Rashard Mendenhall.

I really do miss his insight into the state of the running game of the steelers?

SteelersMongol
12-16-2009, 04:29 AM
I didn't get the title 4 this thread?

steelwalls
12-16-2009, 04:58 AM

Was thinking the same thing... :noidea:

stillers4me
12-16-2009, 05:28 AM
But something happened along the way. The story does not make sense. It's like Tiger Woods hitting a tree. Only later did we learn the truth. Something will come out to explain the collapse.

Let me spell it out for you. Tiger Woods had a car accident. It was later found out that Tiger has been less than faithful to his beautiful wife and he had the accident following a domestic dispute. Google it. You may find one or two stories about it.

The poster is making the parable that perhaps there is more to the Steelers collapse than we know. Baybe Tomlin cheated on Ben. There ya go.

ricardisimo
12-16-2009, 06:58 AM

He's just referencing the Tiger Woods "scandal", which started out with a simple car crash, but no one was happy with the explanations for it, because something smelled funny. Now the Steelers have their own car crash, and again no one is happy with the explanations for it.

HometownGal
12-16-2009, 07:41 AM

GEE, Mach - I didn't know BA coached the D and ST's too.

Ya learn something new every day around here.

Angus Burgher
12-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Yeah, you know how Tomlin said something after the Cleveland game about failing in all three aspects of the game? That involves the coaching staff, too.

Sure, Arians probably does have to go... but you can't blame him for the defense allowing so many points in the 4th quarter or special teams' consistently horrendous play.

steel striker
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Yeah there is more problems here then BA and, we have had breakdowns in just about every area of this team. Sure a few key injuries did not help the cause but, we were not that good this year. Having said that I really hope we finish strong and, can play the spoiler role. Still two SB's in five years is still pretty good, there is always next year.

markymarc
12-18-2009, 01:52 PM
He's just referencing the Tiger Woods "scandal", which started out with a simple car crash, but no one was happy with the explanations for it, because something smelled funny. Now the Steelers have their own car crash, and again no one is happy with the explanations for it.

That about sums it up for me!

Steelers17
12-18-2009, 04:50 PM
Losing will really expose a team. On the other hand, winning will cover everything up.

What a spot-on powerful sentence!

A collapse of the magnitude of the past 5-week's debacle if not unprecedented in a defending champion in any sport is frighteningly close. Hopefully the ship may be righted over the next 3-weeks. If not, recovery could be years into the distant future!

Until proven otherwise and paraphrasing Coach Noll we have many problems and they are great!

HAWK
12-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah there is more problems here then BA and, we have had breakdowns in just about every area of this team. Sure a few key injuries did not help the cause but, we were not that good this year. Having said that I really hope we finish strong and, can play the spoiler role. Still two SB's in five years is still pretty good, there is always next year.

Actually, two Sbs in five year is DAMN good. Think of all the teams that can't win one. We're having our problems...but I'd rather have these problems AFTER winning the SB than every year (think Cleveland).

It's hard running down the field with all those super bowl rings!!:tt04: