View Full Version : Steelers Going to the Probowl

Hayeksheroes
12-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Holmes - First 1000 year season
Mendenhall - Most improved player of the year
Ward - for being a drama queen
Harrison - Tackles need someone to hold
Polamalu - Just because he's great.
Steelers Special Teams - Every fan loves a run back in the pro bowl.

Dino 6 Rings
12-15-2009, 12:23 PM
none of them, not with 7 losses.

Atranox
12-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Realistically, Polamalu (despite only playing 3 games) and Harrison will probably be the only Steelers to make it. Heath deserves it, bit probably isn't well-known enough outside of Pittsburgh. Ben played inconsisently this year and was outshined this year by Manning, Brady, and Rivers. Mendenhall won't make it due to how little the Steelers run the ball. Holmes will probably be overshadowed by bigger name WRs, regardless of stats - such as Moss, Ochocinco, Johnson, Wayne, etc.

zulater
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Ben will go as a replacement for whoever between Manning and Rivers ends up in the Super Bowl.

Ward and Harrison should and will make it. Heath Miller has a chance, again figuring either Dallas Clark or Antonio Gates will be in the SB.

I also think Woodley deserves the honor, but I'm not sure if he's got the name recogniction to make it yet.

Polamalu didn't play enough games to make it, but as we all know he's the best defensive player in the NFL. :tt04:

Stillers43
12-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Realistically, Polamalu (despite only playing 3 games) and Harrison will probably be the only Steelers to make it. Heath deserves it, bit probably isn't well-known enough outside of Pittsburgh. Ben played inconsisently this year and was outshined this year by Manning, Brady, and Rivers. Mendenhall won't make it due to how little the Steelers run the ball. Holmes will probably be overshadowed by bigger name WRs, regardless of stats - such as Moss, Ochocinco, Johnson, Wayne, etc.

Could not have agreed more on Polamalu, Harrison, and H. Miller! All are deserving!

Steelers>NFL
12-15-2009, 01:03 PM
How can anyone think that Polomalu is deserving? He will have missed 75% of the season.

fansince'76
12-15-2009, 01:17 PM
How can anyone think that Polomalu is deserving? He will have missed 75% of the season.

Being actually deserving of going hasn't really played much part in the Pro Bowl selection process for at least 20 years now.

Atranox
12-15-2009, 01:45 PM

Because regardless of this year's stats, he's still undeniably the best SS in the game.

steelpride12
12-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Its all about who the people love not just if they played all their games and performed well. Would not be a surprise to see Polumalu appear despite missing most of the season.

Steelers>NFL
12-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Because regardless of this year's stats, he's still undeniably the best SS in the game.
I understand all the crap with probowls on who should and shouldn't go.
Obviously, based on this year's stat, Troy should not even be considered.
Probowl mean nothing.

All-Pro carry more accolades than PB. And there won't be anyone from the Steelers
name as such this season.

BlastFurnace
12-15-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't watch the game anyway, so it doesn't matter to me much.

Glace
12-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Any player of the Steelers that chosen to go should not accept it. Nobody on this team deserves to go. I don't care who had what stats.

StainlessStill
12-15-2009, 03:43 PM
Ben, Hines, and possibly 'Tonio, Heath, or Harrison will make it. Other than that, I don' t see anyone else making the trip. Whoever suggested Troy needs their head examined, the dude only played in a handful of games and his returns are uncertain to begin with!