PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about this?

solardave
12-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Changes are afoot for the Pittsburgh Steelers. After a 6-2 start, the defending Super Bowl champs have lost five straight and as a consequence, heads gotta roll. That's the word on the street, anyway.

Obvious candidates for termination include special teams coach Bob Ligashesky and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. And there's sure to be some turnover on the roster as well. Let me be the first to suggest James Harrison's mother for a spot on the final 53.

I'm half-kidding. But after the news that the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year's mom was arrested last Thursday following a brawl at an Ohio VFW, I'm also half-serious.

"People were coming out side doors, back doors, front doors. Our officers entered into the bar area, they observed tables tipped over, broken beer bottles, wine bottles -- food all over the place," said Akron Police Lt. Rick Edwards.

Mildred Harrison, 62, was cited for misdemeanor assault and released by Akron police after the fight. She is due in court on Dec. 17.

As PFT's Gregg Rosenthal writes, just a hunch, but the fight probably had something to do with the Steelers' no-show performance against the mighty Brady Quinn-led Browns. And much like getting involved in a land war in Asia, Cleveland fans have a distinct advantage when it comes to chucking bottles.

Whatever, if I'm Mike Tomlin, I'm holding a Monday press conference to name Mildred the 2010 Steelers special teams captain. Because it's never too early to set the tone for next season. Since, you know, the team has already quit on '09.

Tankus_Maximus
12-16-2009, 11:16 AM
That is the best news I heard all week!! Silverback's mama is an a$$-kicker deluxe!!! bwaaa haaaa haaaa