PDA

View Full Version : 07 lost 4 of 5 to finish, 09 lose 5 in a row - Mike T. December Pattern ?

Bobby_Walden
12-16-2009, 10:12 AM
A pattern ?

Bng_Hevn
12-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Well, '07 no SB, '08 win the SB, '09 ??. If we don't win the SB, you need to wait until '10 to see if there is a true pattern. If the Steelers win the SB in '10, then yes there is a pattern.

BTW, that's a pattern I can live with too.

Merchant
12-16-2009, 11:58 AM
'08.. won the Superbowl.. close thread

The_WARDen
12-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Do you know what a pattern is?

steelreserve
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think losing streaks are an indicator of success the following year.

If I remember correctly, in '07 we lost A. Smith with about 5 games to go and were nowhere near prepared for it, and by the end of the year we were also down to Najeh Davenport as our only running back. That's pretty much a recipe for failure.

Fire Haley
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
What will 6-10 get us in the draft?

Acerinox
12-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Round 1: Charlie Weis, Notre Dame

Round 2 suspended after that fat ++++ holds up a Steeler shirt with #1 on it, and thousands of Stiller fans in exile around the world go insane machine-gun postal in their workplaces at the unbearable shame of it, particularly as we have to go to WORK as it will be FRIDAY

WH
12-16-2009, 03:11 PM
If I remember correctly, in '07 we lost A. Smith with about 5 games to go and were
Is there a pattern with Aaron Smith? is HE the lynch pin? lol.

MACH1
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
The cowgirls december record with romo. Thats a pattern!

JEFF4i
12-16-2009, 04:21 PM
2 times consitutes a pattern?

Wow.

Bobby_Walden
12-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes, a pattern.

2 out of his 3 seasons we tank in December.

Also - 2 out of 3 seasons losing streaks of more than 3 games.

These were talented teams he's had. No scrap heap rebuilding projects.

I'm concerned.

Psyychoward86
12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
A pattern ?

http://www.cultofmac.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

I wish i could tell u how much fail is in this thread, but i just cant

JEFF4i
12-16-2009, 04:30 PM
Yes, a pattern.

I'm concerned.

Okay chicken little, please stick around these forums for a while. I may have felt the same at some point, but some things are just a bridge too far. This thread is one of them.

Now, if you had reasonable complaints about Tomlin's coaching style or what have you, fine, fair enough. But 2/3 enough to really give any HC a pattern of behavior? No?

Look at Shanahan's first say....5 seasons compared to everything since. Or Cowher's? Seriously dude.

Bluedust
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Yes, a pattern.

I'm concerned.

Just curious, how long have you been watching sports?

StainlessStill
12-16-2009, 06:09 PM
A pattern ?

You completely skipped the whole 2008 season! WE WON THE SUPERBOWL AND HAD A 12-4 RECORD! If anything, if this is a so called pattern as you make it out to be, then I'll take a Super Bowl every other year!

Bobby_Walden
12-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Steeler fan since 1975.

Seen more games than most of you that's for sure.

Rarely have the Steelers just plain tanked at the end of a season.
There were lean years between 85-88 when the team did not have the talent to make any splash. Other than that period, since 72 the team has been amazingly competitive. A credit to the Rooney family for sure.

This team is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. Since 2004. Period.

Losing streaks have not been the norm. Sure 98-2000 was a rebuilding period.
The team was a mid-pack team. This team is loaded. And twice, in 3 years, it has looked lost and has tanked.

NEWSFLASH: That is not a good thing. Actually hard to do with this talent.

Superbowl - sure that was awesome. Loved it.

Now, back to the point...The team has tanked 2 of the last 3 seasons in December !

As a Steeler fan I wonder if Mike T. is responsible.

He has made some horrible decisions in games as well as hiring some totally unqualified coaches.

Time will tell.

madtowndrunkard
12-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Steeler fan since 1975.

Seen more games than most of you that's for sure.

Rarely have the Steelers just plain tanked at the end of a season.
There were lean years between 85-88 when the team did not have the talent to make any splash. Other than that period, since 72 the team has been amazingly competitive. A credit to the Rooney family for sure.

This team is one of the most talented teams in the NFL. Since 2004. Period.

Losing streaks have not been the norm. Sure 98-2000 was a rebuilding period.
The team was a mid-pack team. This team is loaded. And twice, in 3 years, it has looked lost and has tanked.

NEWSFLASH: That is not a good thing. Actually hard to do with this talent.

Superbowl - sure that was awesome. Loved it.

Now, back to the point...The team has tanked 2 of the last 3 seasons in December !

As a Steeler fan I wonder if Mike T. is responsible.

He has made some horrible decisions in games as well as hiring some totally unqualified coaches.

Time will tell.

Maybe just as important is why have we been tanking at the end of games? That has not been a pattern and is a new issue that I have not seen in pittsburgh in I don't know when. What was our record when winning in the 4th quarter prior to this season? I think Cowher was something like 115-1 or some crazy shit like that.

What concerns me the most is the fact that our offense is once again under achieving. With Ben, Ward, Holmes, Miller, Mendy, Wallace, and an avg O-line we should not be struggling to score points. We have not had this much offensive talent since the 70's yet we suck? How does that happen? The players were talented enough to win 2 SBs the last 4 years. We've all seen our play making ability. IMO chronic underachieving points to leadership. Go watch a Cardinals game some time in case you forgot how an offensive game plan is suppose to work I think Whiz will refresh your memory.

fansince'76
12-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Go watch a Cardinals game some time in case you forgot how an offensive game plan is suppose to work I think Whiz will refresh your memory.

Like their 7-turnover, 9-point performance against a sub-.500 team this past Monday night, perhaps? :coffee:

madtowndrunkard
12-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Like their 7-turnover, 9-point performance against a sub-.500 team this past Monday night, perhaps? :coffee:

They are 8-5 w/ a garbage QB coming a SB loss last season.

Remember we are talking about the friggen Cardinals who were the laughing stock of the league not all that long ago...Since Whiz took them over they've been almost as good as we are.

fansince'76
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
They are 8-5 w/ a garbage QB coming a SB loss last season.

Remember we are talking about the friggen Cardinals who were the laughing stock of the league not all that long ago...Since Whiz took them over they've been almost as good as we are.

Please. They were 9-7 last year and caught lightning in a bottle at just the right time. Fortunately for them, 9-7 was good enough to win the NFC West, but then 9-7 is good enough to win that division most years.

ricksteelers55
12-16-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes, a pattern.

I'm concerned.

he also won a SB in only 3 seasons...I say I'll take that pattern which is we make the playoff first year but get boot out in first round,then win SB and then dont make playoffs....

I'll take that pattern because winning a SB every 3 year seems like a nice pattern to me.Also we would be able to always draft nice players the third year of that pattern which will help keeping a good young team :p

X-Terminator
12-16-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x48/muppet1010/persistent-fail.jpg

augustashark
12-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Chevy and apple pie = American as

Pile on and gang up = Steelers Fever as

MasterOfPuppets
12-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
Go watch a Cardinals game some time in case you forgot how an offensive game plan is suppose to work I think Whiz will refresh your memory.

:toofunny: :p owned