PDA

View Full Version : Team of the decade

Hayeksheroes
12-16-2009, 12:04 PM
The Steelers had a lot at stake this year. The team was defending its championship and staking a claim that they were the team of the decade. 3 Superbowl wins would have put them on par with the Patriots and given the Steelers a legitimate claim that they were the team of the decade. Now, that has been lost. You have to wonder why the players don't feel the same.

BlastFurnace
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
IMO, laying an egg both years after winning the SB has removed the Steelers completely from the discussion. One thing to consider though, is if the Colts win another one...and considering their record this decade...they would have a very very strong case. It still might be the Patriots though....cheaters or not.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Cheater or not?!?!?!

Hell no!!! They freakin' cheated don't tell me you are OK with that. I know it got swept under the rug but I have not forgotten and neither should any Steeler fan. Their cheating cost us a legitamate shot at the Superbowl Ben's rookie year and may have cost us more than that.

Hines stated after the Championship game that year it was as if they knew our plays before we ran them...They did know because they freakin' cheated.

* * * it's as plain and simple as that!!!

Lest we forget!!!

Sharkissle29
12-16-2009, 12:29 PM
as far as i am concerned, the patriots won 0 superbowls

steelerdave1969
12-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Team of the Decade? I Just Want Us To Win A Game Right Now :mad:

fansince'76
12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't recognize cheaters. That being said, if the Colts win it all this year, they have the edge, IMO.

Indo
12-16-2009, 01:21 PM
The problem is, the media does recognize the Cheats. In fact, the whole spygate thing has been buried to such an extent that the media NEVER even mentions it. No doubt they have been "instructed" by Lord Goodell to let it fade away as if it never happened because the fact that it did happen simply doesn't coincide with the "image" the NFL is trying to project. (Oh, and the money that goes along with promoting Marsha Brady)

vasteeler
12-16-2009, 01:39 PM
The problem is, the media does recognize the Cheats. In fact, the whole spygate thing has been buried to such an extent that the media NEVER even mentions it. No doubt they have been "instructed" by Lord Goodell to let it fade away as if it never happened because the fact that it did happen simply doesn't coincide with the "image" the NFL is trying to project. (Oh, and the money that goes along with promoting Marsha Brady)

unfortunatly you are corrcet:mad:

BigBen'sSwagger
12-16-2009, 02:02 PM

No he is not right!!! They cheated and the NFL, Media and Godel can all take it and shove it as far as I am concerned. They have blemmished the image of the sport reguardless of how much they want it to go away it will not ever go away as long as I am alive.

Hayeksheroes
12-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Do you think anyone will remember spygate in 20 years, except those on this board?

Men of Steel
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
maybe we should worry less about who cheated and who deserves team of the decade.... and worry more on how WE SUCKED THIS YEAR !!!!!!
:banging:

LVSteelersfan
12-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Team of the decade means squat. About the same thing on who is an elite quarterback and who isn't. They are just words with very little meaning. You don't get a trophy for being team of the decade or an elite QB. It is just stuff that media thinks up to get more coverage. America's team my butt. Another stupid one. WHO CARES? I don't care about the cheating either. That is not the sole reason they won Super Bowls. It might gall you to believe that we didn't win those games to get to the Super Bowl because of cheating. But the bottom line is the Steelers did not play well enough to make it past the Patriots. The Super Bowl trophies stay in the books and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I hate Belicheat with a passion, but his teams did what they had to to win those trophies.

Neil-Still-Rules-14
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls. I mean it is too difficult to somehow put an asterisk by that. That's just too confusing.

MaidenIndiana
12-16-2009, 10:17 PM
maybe we should worry less about who cheated and who deserves team of the decade.... and worry more on how WE SUCKED THIS YEAR !!!!!!
:banging:

Couldn't agree with you more

Galax Steeler
12-17-2009, 04:33 AM
I don't recognize cheaters. That being said, if the Colts win it all this year, they have the edge, IMO.

I have to agree the Colts would be one of the favorites.

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 05:19 AM
Team of the decade means squat. About the same thing on who is an elite quarterback and who isn't. They are just words with very little meaning. You don't get a trophy for being team of the decade or an elite QB.

I have to agree here, saying you are the team of the decade and .99 cents will get you a .99 cent cheeseburger.....

The_WARDen
12-17-2009, 06:57 AM
I'd vote for the Colts. They have the best record this decade and have won a championship without any cheating.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Do you think anyone will remember spygate in 20 years, except those on this board?

Yep just as they will also remember the tuck rule.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Team of the decade means squat. About the same thing on who is an elite quarterback and who isn't. They are just words with very little meaning. You don't get a trophy for being team of the decade or an elite QB. It is just stuff that media thinks up to get more coverage. America's team my butt. Another stupid one. WHO CARES? I don't care about the cheating either. That is not the sole reason they won Super Bowls. It might gall you to believe that we didn't win those games to get to the Super Bowl because of cheating. But the bottom line is the Steelers did not play well enough to make it past the Patriots. The Super Bowl trophies stay in the books and there is nothing anyone can do about it. I hate Belicheat with a passion, but his teams did what they had to to win those trophies.

Like Hines said it was as if they knew our plays before we ran em...they did. You game plan for a team and find out later they knew your plays hard for me to knock the Steelers coaching staff for that.

Also in that game Teddy went down and I remember belicheat waving away our medical staff very adimately....hmmm you don't suppose Teddy was miked up do you??? Just sayin

Bng_Hevn
12-17-2009, 11:24 AM
In 20 years, current cheats fans won't remember the cheats.

fansince'76
12-17-2009, 11:35 PM
In 20 years, current cheats fans won't remember the cheats.

Yep. By then they will have fallen back into and wallowed in complete mediocrity for a while, and the bandwagon will have turned their full and undivided attention back to the SAWX.

Shea
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Yep. By then they will have fallen back into and wallowed in complete mediocrity for a while, and the bandwagon will have turned their full and undivided attention back to the SAWX.

And I can't wait for that day. No more Bellicheat, no more Kraft who backed that cheating, classless and pathetic excuse for what a head coach should be and exemplify.

Can't wait til those SAWX are the only story coming outta of Bahston. :chuckle:

plenewken
12-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Like Hines said it was as if they knew our plays before we ran em...they did. You game plan for a team and find out later they knew your plays hard for me to knock the Steelers coaching staff for that.

Well, I can see our opponents knowing exactly what the play's gonna be when it's called by Arians. We have an extremely predictable offense.

My position on the Patriots is the following.

We're all Steelers fans but we have also to be realistic and objective.
From the same token people here don't blame our coaches for poor field execution, or praise them for great field execution, you can't say Bellichik's cheating won the games. The players still had to execute the plays and they did. How did they cheat again? Oh that's right, they taped the other teams' signals on the sideline. Big friggin' deal! I see that in baseball every friggin' game.
For me, cheating or not, the Pats are the strongest team of the decade. I'd love to say it's the Steelers but we're not. I don't care about the number of Ws and Ls during regular season, the only thing that matters is the number of SBs and the Pats so far have 3, the Steelers 2 and the Colts 1.

My opinion. Flame back if you want.

BlastFurnace
12-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Well, I can see our opponents knowing exactly what the play's gonna be when it's called by Arians. We have an extremely predictable offense.

From the same token people here don't blame our coaches for poor field execution, or praise them for great field execution, you can't say Bellichik's cheating won the games. The players still had to execute the plays and they did. How did they cheat again? Oh that's right, they taped the other teams' signals on the sideline. Big friggin' deal! I see that in baseball every friggin' game.
For me, cheating or not, the Pats are the strongest team of the decade. I'd love to say it's the Steelers but we're not. I don't care about the number of Ws and Ls during regular season, the only thing that matters is the number of SBs and the Pats so far have 3, the Steelers 2 and the Colts 1.

I'm not going to flame you at all because I agree with you 100%. For a period of about 6 years, they had a truly great team. I don't know how Bellichek makes a Hank Poteat cover a Plaxico Burress, but he did. Nor do I know how he can take a WR like a Troy Brown and play him on defense covering the Slot receiver for Indianapolis, but he did. For peets sake, they went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their starting QB...a guy that had not started a game since High School! The Patriots were a great team for a time, but they aren't any longer. They are still good though.

plenewken
12-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm not going to flame you at all because I agree with you 100%. For a period of about 6 years, they had a truly great team. I don't know how Bellichek makes a Hank Poteat cover a Plaxico Burress, but he did. Nor do I know how he can take a WR like a Troy Brown and play him on defense covering the Slot receiver for Indianapolis, but he did. For peets sake, they went 11-5 with Matt Cassell as their starting QB...a guy that had not started a game since High School! The Patriots were a great team for a time, but they aren't any longer. They are still good though.

Great observations. I don't know how Bellichik turned Vrabel into an outstanding LB and a very good TE either, but he did.

fansince'76
12-18-2009, 10:12 AM

They "won" 3 SBs by a FG each time. The one time they were forced to turn the cameras off, the most dominant team of theirs (at least on paper) lost the SB to a 10-6 NFC 5th seed. Proof's in the pudding, IMO. And I'm sorry, but I also think there were a lot of other underhanded things they were doing that Goodell swept under the rug that would've probably destroyed the league had they been allowed to become public knowledge.

BigBen'sSwagger
12-18-2009, 10:28 AM

I aint gonna flame you just because we have different opinions, but I aint gonna agree with you either.

B.A. was not the O.C. back then it was Whiz and say what you will he was a damn good one. I also believe but can not prove there was more than just knowing our signals from them. As I had stated in my previous post I believe one of their LB's went down (Vrabel or Brushi) and Belicheat adimently (sp) waved away our medical staff. The announcers at the time thought it was odd so did everyone else, but in light of what happened it makes me wonder why was he so adiment??? I think (can't prove) maybe he was worried someone would find something...I dunno like a Mic or something???

Funny how earlier in the year we were so effective against them and then later it was a complete turn around.

Hines words were prophetic they were caught and Godel got em off the hook. I would love to know the whole story but I am convinced we never will.

plenewken
12-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I aint gonna flame you just because we have different opinions, but I aint gonna agree with you either.

B.A. was not the O.C. back then it was Whiz and say what you will he was a damn good one. I also believe but can not prove there was more than just knowing our signals from them. As I had stated in my previous post I believe one of their LB's went down (Vrabel or Brushi) and Belicheat adimently (sp) waved away our medical staff. The announcers at the time thought it was odd so did everyone else, but in light of what happened it makes me wonder why was he so adiment??? I think (can't prove) maybe he was worried someone would find something...I dunno like a Mic or something???

Funny how earlier in the year we were so effective against them and then later it was a complete turn around.

Hines words were prophetic they were caught and Godel got em off the hook. I would love to know the whole story but I am convinced we never will.

We played the Pats only once in 2007 so I don't understand your point of us being so effective against them earlier in the year. And by the way, the taping of the Jets signals was in September 2007 so by the time we played them in December, the "cheating" was over.

As for our medical staff being waved away, I don't remember the circumstances but I don't understand why our own medical staff would be involved with a Patriot injury in the first place.

Anyway, like I said before, taped or not taped, the players executed and won the game.