PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Chris Henry seriously injured in car accident.

stillers4me
12-16-2009, 06:41 PM
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091216/SPT02/312160072/Chris+Henry+in+serious+accident

December 16, 2009

Bengals receiver Chris Henry involved in serious accident

By Joe Reedy
jreedy@enquirer.com

CHARLOTTE - Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry was seriously injured Wednesday afternoon in a car wreck, the Bengals said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/1128580.html"target="_new">According to the Charlotte Observer, Henry is listed in serious condition in a Charlotte-area hospital.

The Bengals said that Henry, who is on injured reserve, suffered “very serious” injuries.

Citing a police report, the Observer reported that:

• Henry was involved in a “domestic situation” with his fiancee.

• Henry’s fiancee got into a pickup truck and drove away from the home.

• Henry jumped into the bed of the truck as she was driving away. At some point, he came out of the back of the vehicle.

According to the Observer, Henry was taken to Carolinas Medical Center, where he is being treated, according to police. The paper described his injuries as “life-threatening.”

The Bengals said Henry was in Charlotte visiting his girlfriend’s family. Henry has been on injured reserve since Nov. 9 with a dislocated forearm.

The Enquirer will update this story as more information becomes available.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the guy never learned. Hate to see anyone suffer life threatening injuries, but it looks like he did it to himself. I feel bad for his kids.

NJarhead
12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
I hope that the lesson he so desperately needed to learn doesn't cost him his life.

I hope you make a full recovery you damned idiot.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Wow.

Prayers are with you...You knucklehead.

tony hipchest
12-16-2009, 07:12 PM
espn reports serious head injuries. very sad. whats just as sad is this drama is not too suprising.

he's not rae carruth (yet) so i hope he makes it out with some normalcy in life.

Shea
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
I just did a news search on this and there is one report from a Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News that Henry has died.

If true, this is really sad

Preacher
12-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Sure is a shame.

Let's hope that news report is wrong, and as another poster said, this is the lesson that Henry needs to get his life straightened out.

I am praying for him.

NJarhead
12-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I just did a news search on this and there is one report from a Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News that Henry has died.

If true, this is really sad

I heard that's a false rumor due to a bogus Twitter account. All other indications are that it's still a fight.

stillers4me
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Foxsports is reporting that he is on life support.

This reminds me of when Ben has his accident. Thank God he made it through that.

Shea
12-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I heard that's a false rumor due to a bogus Twitter account. All other indications are that it's still a fight.

I hope so. Not a fan of his, but definitely don't wish that type of harm to him. Hope he pulls through.

43Hitman
12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I hope so. Not a fan of his, but definitely don't wish that type of harm to him. Hope he pulls through.

Me either, but always have a prayer for someone in need of it. I hope you pull through Chris.

NJarhead
12-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Foxsports is reporting that he is on life support.

This reminds me of when Ben has his accident. Thank God he made it through that.

That's what I heard too. Very sad.

Preacher
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Some things go WAY beyond rivalries...

I just signed up on a Bengal board to offer my prayers and support....

Anyone want me to pass along their support?

NJarhead
12-16-2009, 08:06 PM

Actually, that sounds like a good idea. I have an account on one myself.

UPDATE: Same board. I posted on your thread.

Crow-Magnon
12-16-2009, 08:10 PM

True. Chris Henry has certainly had his share of ups and downs, but no one should wish this tragedy on him.

With the success the Bengals have had this year, I wonder if this news will negatively affect them? They always seem to have some kind of bad luck when things go well for them. I remember when they were in the SB versus the 49'ers and Krumrie (one of their best defensive players) got knocked out of the game immediately with an injury. That really hurt their chances.

UltimateBengal
12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
ESPN radio just reported that he is on life support and has extremely severe head trauma, including swelling of the brain. I'm trying to find more sources. This is a very sad situation.

SteelCityMom
12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope he's able to recover. You never want to hear about anything like this, rival team or not. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

UltimateBengal
12-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I hope he's able to recover. You never want to hear about anything like this, rival team or not. My thoughts go out to him and his family.

They're calling his status "very dire". The hospital usually doesn't make those types of statements unless they are expecting the worst. I feel really bad for the kid, he had come so far in the past year.

stlrtruck
12-16-2009, 08:25 PM
While as fans we banter back and forth, it is only a game and never is a game more important than a man's life.

My prayers go out to the Chris Henry, his family, the Bengals organization, and the fans.

stlrtruck
12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
They're calling his status "very dire". The hospital usually doesn't make those types of statements unless they are expecting the worst. I feel really bad for the kid, he had come so far in the past year.

He definitely wasn't in the headlines a lot this year for his off the field antics. Maybe he was turning the corner. I pray he can pull through it.

UltimateBengal
12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
He definitely wasn't in the headlines a lot this year for his off the field antics. Maybe he was turning the corner. I pray he can pull through it.

Yeah, and they are reporting it was a domestic situation with his girlfriend. It seems like these domestic things are becoming more common place in sports. We all know about Tiger Woods, then there was the terrible thing that happened with Steve McNair. Things can get out of hand so quickly, then bad things can happen.

Godfather
12-16-2009, 08:43 PM
You hate to see something like this. I hope he'll be OK.

tony hipchest
12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
him and his fiancee were due to get married in march. nfl network reported police arrived and found him lying in the street.

deffinitely doesnt sound like an "accident". sounds like she either sped up very quickly or slammed the breaks to throw him out of the truck.

hopefully all SF posters treat this situation with class and dignity and dont act like the morons who made a joke out of bens situation.

devilsdancefloor
12-16-2009, 08:48 PM
He seemed to be getting his ducks in a row this year. prayers to his family and teammates. this will affect them as well. i hope he pulls through this.

GutterflowerSteel
12-16-2009, 08:50 PM
What a tragedy - here's hoping he pulls through and is able to make a full recovery.

NEPAsteeler
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
It doesn't matter who the person is - you never want to see something like this happen to someone.

Good luck, Chris.

stlrtruck
12-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, and they are reporting it was a domestic situation with his girlfriend. It seems like these domestic things are becoming more common place in sports. We all know about Tiger Woods, then there was the terrible thing that happened with Steve McNair. Things can get out of hand so quickly, then bad things can happen.

Again, let's just hope he pulls through this okay.

It seems like the threshold for maintaining the adrenaline on the field has definitely spilled over into the player's personal lives. I'm sure it won't be long before you see this becoming a major issue for players (in regards to counseling). There is a part of me that hopes this incident falls on the girl rather than Chris. He's a talented player and I can see the media dragging his name through the mud if he's the major contributor to the domestic dispute.

DoctorCAD
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Reading that he was involved in a serious accident and may be in bad shape...

Never want to hear that.

Preacher
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM
him and his fiancee were due to get married in march. nfl network reported police arrived and found him lying in the street.

deffinitely doesnt sound like an "accident". sounds like she either sped up very quickly or slammed the breaks to throw him out of the truck.

hopefully all SF posters treat this situation with class and dignity and dont act like the morons who made a joke out of bens situation.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely.

Pittsburghfan
12-16-2009, 09:20 PM

Care to pass on my support as well?

I hope he pulls through.

UltimateBengal
12-16-2009, 09:23 PM
WLW radio in Cincy is reporting that doctors have called Chris' family into the room. Hope this doesn't mean what it sounds like?

Nadroj 20
12-16-2009, 09:25 PM
This is terrible, i truly hope he is ok and recovers.

43Hitman
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
This is terrible, i truly hope he is ok and recovers.

Me to man....me to. So close to Christmas too. :shake01:

steelreserve
12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
much as I despised the guy for being a dipshit, that kind of all gets swept away compared to something like this. I really hope he makes it and doesn't end up messed up for life. Although at this point it's not sounding too good.

Steeler in Carolina
12-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Sad indeed. Wasted away so much talent.

stillers4me
12-16-2009, 10:08 PM
No, it's not the time or place. It just comes down to our lives being about decisions, decisions, decisions.

He certainly has talent. As dire as it sounds, I hope he does recover, but with that severe of a head injury, his career is most certainly over. His whole family depends on him. Very tragic. And so young. My prayers go out to his family.

Shea
12-16-2009, 10:18 PM
not really the time or place. :shake01:

sounds like vehicular manslaughter to me. i wont be suprised to hear that she even left the scene.

Sounds like that to me as well.

It's all speculative at this point, and we'll find out more in the weeks to come but I've read that the police are investing into the possibility that she was purposely swerving back and forth, knowing he was in the back of the truck.

Looks like she is not only going to lose her fiancee, but might also be in some serious legal troubles.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-16-2009, 10:22 PM
how does a man make so many bad decisions when he could be living such a great life?

d2609j
12-16-2009, 10:59 PM
It is a sad sad case. Just think, if he doesnt get into all that trouble and keeps his nose clean, he is probably coming out of his rookie contract and signing for Nate Washington type money. Hope he recovers, but I would guess his football career is over.

Pittsburghfan
12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
From a Bengals forum

News in Charlotte just reported he is not expected to survive. Im sorry Chris, I pray the news is wrong.

Channel 5 said his mother was on the flight headed to Charlotte. She wasn't sure his situation yet either. They also reported his fiance' was at the scene when police arrived and is cooperating. 911 call will be released tomorrow...

Rumors swirling that he is brain dead, on life support and waiting for his mother to fly in. Very sad.

Preacher
12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
From a Bengals forum

Rumors swirling that he is brain dead, on life support and waiting for his mother to fly in. Very sad.

Wow.

And thank you for the clarification so that we know it is rumors... that is much appreciated.

MACH1
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Wow, hope he pulls through.

MasterOfPuppets
12-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Detectives with the Homicide Unit and H.I.T.S. Unit are on scene conducting the investigation. Crime Scene Search is on scene as well, photographing the scene and collecting physical evidence.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit. Detective N. McKee is the lead detective assigned to the case. In addition, you may also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
is it standard proceedure for homicide to get involved in accidents ? i thought they only got involved when there's a death, or anticipating one.....:noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
12-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Homicide detective investigate Henry accident scene
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2009 11:19 PM ET
An already dire situation involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry, who reportedly is on life support after falling out of a pickup truck on Wednesday, has an even more ominous feel, now that a report has emerged that homicide detectives have launched an investigation regarding the incident.

The term homicide implies that a loss of life was involved. In this case, it's easy to interpret the development as a belief by the authorities that Chris Henry isn't likely to make it.

Regardless of how the situation turns out, it's a tragedy that comes only nine days before Christmas, and it will dramatically impact the lives of his three small children. Taco Bill found this link to the hard copy of an October 2009 newspaper article regarding Henry, including a picture of Henry with his three-year old daughter, Seini, his two-year-old son, Chris Jr., and his 10-month-old DeMarcus.

We know that Henry made his share of mistakes, both with the Bengals and at West Virginia University. But he had matured before our eyes over the past year, and his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives.

So please pray tonight for Chris -- and also pray his three children.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/16/homicide-detective-investigate-henry-accident-scene/

klick81
12-17-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow man...I hope he recovers and somehow uses this positively in his life.

tony hipchest
12-17-2009, 12:34 AM
must keep in mind that homicide detectives also were at the scene of bens accident too.

atleast if reports are true that the fiancee didnt leave the scene and is by his side at the hospital, it seems a little less ugly.

i am almost certain some holier than thou, douchebag posters may not be able to resist the urge to post how they are too high minded to have any sympathy for a "criminal bungle" (as if their steelerfandom gives them the right to cast souls into hell),

but this goes beyond football or criminality. a mother could be on a plane to go embrace her sons warm body for the last time. 3 young children could be raised w/o their father.

for all intents and purposes it appears the dude was genuinely getting his life on track, thanks to a 6th chance from mike brown and as much as i have blasted him and henry in the past, i would much rather read of a success story as opposed to another mindless and careless tragedy.

i definitely feel for his fans, family, and mike brown, just like i would feel for any other young man with so much potential that could be suddenly taken away.

i actually feel bad for carson palmer, who showed so much faith in the kid and supported him so strongly in the offseason.

and i feel for the nfl, that has seen young talent such as darrent williams, sean taylor, steve mcnair taken away by what seems so senseless.

Glace
12-17-2009, 12:56 AM
No matter how much I may despise Chris Henry, I really hate hearing about things like this. It truly is unfortunate when these types of things happen. I don't even want to imagine the pain that those closest to him are going through right now.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the guy and his family. I hope he pulls through.

*Edit* And I can guarantee that the homicide detectives are only on the case because of the domestic disturbance. It is in no way implying that it was homicide at this point. This is just one of the motions the police have to go through

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Such a tragedy. I don't care what team a player plays for, you never want to see something like this happen. It illustrates what I have said so often - that football is just a game, a game played by human beings, and that it should not be taken so seriously. Life is so much more important than ANY sport. At any rate, my thought and prayers go out to Henry, his family and the Bengals organization.

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
You really want to see some tasteless garbage go check out the comments under the story on yahoo....sickening....

My prayers go out to him and his family, off feild issues, Bengals, whatever... this is a human being. My heart goes out to him.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Haven't heard much else...

I am glad to see most people taking the high-road.

Especially glad to see a number of people from here heading over to the Bengal's forums and giving their prayer-hopes.

tony hipchest
12-17-2009, 01:06 AM
You really want to see some tasteless garbage go check out the comments under the story on yahoo....sickening....

My prayers go out to him and his family, off feild issues, Bengals, whatever... this is a human being. My heart goes out to him.

:link:

Haven't heard much else...

I am glad to see most people taking the high-road.

Especially glad to see a number of people from here heading over to the Bengal's forums and giving their prayer-hopes.

:link: (not that i will join, but perhaps someone will post a link to this thread to illustrate that steelerfans do not wish death or destruction upon their players, other than having their teeth knocked out while on the field).

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
I hate to even post it, but here you go.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-henry&prov=ap&type=lgns

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 01:10 AM
:link: (not that i will join, but perhaps someone will post a link to this thread to illustrate that steelerfans do not wish death or destruction upon their players, other than having their teeth knocked out while on the field).

I'm with you here too, I'm not a member of a Bengals board but I'd like for them to know we all are not heartless creeps here.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I just posted a link on their site...

and here is the link for the site...

http://forums.bengalszone.com/index.php?showtopic=20976&st=20&gopid=308167&#entry308167

Galax Steeler
12-17-2009, 04:48 AM
I still haven't heard anything new but this is just terrible.

HometownGal
12-17-2009, 06:56 AM
OMG I am shocked to hear about this! :jawdrop: I hope and pray that Chris is going to be OK, but it doesn't sound very promising at this point. No matter how much we may not like him as a player, he is a human being and is a son, brother and father. Thoughts and prayers out to his family.

Thanks for posting the link, Father. I posted over there a few minutes ago.

The_WARDen
12-17-2009, 08:01 AM
While sad...I'll save my prayers for important people.

stlrtruck
12-17-2009, 08:46 AM
And there were a lot of people who thought the same thing about Ben when he had his accident. And while Chris had his off the field problems he did serve his suspension, and he's been relatively quiet off the field since his return.

What's ridiculous is when someone shows a lack of respect for a human life that doesn't deserve to be in this situation.

Steel_12
12-17-2009, 09:19 AM
Unbelievable...well not unbelievable, just unexpected on this board. You don't know Chris Henry so to say he's been a scum bag all his life is very ignorant. EVERYBODY makes mistakes...it just takes some longer to learn from them. I'm sorry he wasn't so perfect like your hypocritical ass.

I used to be stationed with his cousin in Korea from 2005-2006. He told me back then that Chris was trying to keep his life straight but just couldn't let go of the hood. It's a shame that once he does, this happens to him. My prayers will be with his family and friends.

HometownGal
12-17-2009, 09:25 AM
For those of you who think you're bad asses for kicking a man while he is down over the internet - just remember - what goes around always comes around. How would you feel if this was someone in your own family? You should be ashamed of yourselves. :shake02:

If you want to spew venom at a man who is on life support and desperately trying to hold onto his life, do it elsewhere because it isn't going to be tolerated here. :mad:

Silverback92
12-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately, looks like he just passed away. Sad story, really. So much potential. Just never could get his act straight.

steelerzfannforever
12-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Just reported on ESPN that indeed he has passed away.

Steel_12
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Damn

TackleMeBen
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
6:36am was the time of death according to the report

ShutDown24
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
I can't believe Chris Henry is dead... I certainly didn't like him... And honestly this should have been expected... But this is really bothering me for some reason.

Steelboy84
12-17-2009, 10:05 AM
This is so sad. Wish the best for his family.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Chris Henry passes away
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 17, 2009 9:56 AM ET
Charlotte police have confirmed that Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry died Thursday morning at 6:26 A.M.

Henry suffered injuries after he "came out" the back of a pickup truck following a domestic situation.

Henry was 26 years old.

We'll have more on this story shortly.

profootballtalk.com

Bus36RollsUrlacher
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
RIP Chris Henry - thoughts and prayers for your family

MACH1
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
RIP

Godfather
12-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Unbelievable...well not unbelievable, just unexpected on this board. You don't know Chris Henry so to say he's been a scum bag all his life is very ignorant. EVERYBODY makes mistakes...it just takes some longer to learn from them. I'm sorry he wasn't so perfect like your hypocritical ass.

I used to be stationed with his cousin in Korea from 2005-2006. He told me back then that Chris was trying to keep his life straight but just couldn't let go of the hood. It's a shame that once he does, this happens to him. My prayers will be with his family and friends.

He wasn't really a bad guy. The things he got in trouble for weren't evil, just dumb (pot, buying drinks for 19 year olds, etc.) Too many people made him out to be like Pacman Jones.

This is so sad.

tony hipchest
12-17-2009, 10:14 AM
I can't believe Chris Henry is dead... I certainly didn't like him... And honestly this should have been expected... But this is really bothering me for some reason.well he was a direct rival to our team; someone alot of people loved to hate.

i think after a while people get addicted to that love of hate, and when that object of hate is taken away, that love of it dies. atleast thats my take (and as a huge nascar fan, kinda how i felt when dale earnhardt died).

StainlessStill
12-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Very sad. RIP to Chris Henry. Even though he made terrible and poor choices since he's arrived, this is a tragedy and all my thoughts and sympathy goes to his family as well as the fans and Bengals organization as a whole.

RIP

I already offered my condolences on go bengals. Show some respect and class Steelers Nation.

stlrtruck
12-17-2009, 10:27 AM
RIP
Prayers for his family, friends

klick81
12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow...RIP.

RunWillieRun
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
What terrible news. I know he had his troubles, but he was so young and you never want to see this sort of thing happen to anybody. Thoughts and prayers are with his family today.

RIP

Bluedust
12-17-2009, 10:36 AM
I just heard.. damn that's so sad. RIP Chris.

BlastFurnace
12-17-2009, 10:40 AM
I can't believe Chris Henry is dead... But this is really bothering me for some reason.

Yeah...me too. This is terribly sad.

vasteeler
12-17-2009, 10:40 AM

you are usually ok with me but what a shitty thing to say

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM

Not cool.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
This is terrible news, im truly sorry to hear about him passing.

RIP Chris Henry.

solardave
12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Sure is a shame.

Let's hope that news report is wrong, and as another poster said, this is the lesson that Henry needs to get his life straightened out.

I am praying for him.

This is very sad. I thought he was one of the most talented recievers in the league. Everyone around him said he was turning his life around. Reminds me of Shawn Taylor. Just when he starts getting his life together it ends. My prayers go out to his family and team mates. As a team the Bengals have been dealt some heavy emotional blows this year. 2 deaths in one season. Wins and losses don't seem to mean much in light of this.:shake01:

Fire Haley
12-17-2009, 11:11 AM
RIP, 26 y/o, that's a shame

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/12/18/alg_chris_henry_family.jpg

supa_fly_steeler
12-17-2009, 11:22 AM
RIP Chris Henry

a really sad story :(

CantStop85
12-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Unreal...RIP Slim.

X-Terminator
12-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Another one gone too young.

RIP Chris Henry.

CargoJon
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
I was at the Cincy playoff game that Henry caught that bomb from Palmer when KVO took out Carson's knee.

That dude could flat out haul ass. It's sad to see him work so hard to get his life turned around and have it end like this for him. RIP and prayers to the family and the Bengals organization.

Just think if he hadn't been on IR for breaking that wrist, he would have been in Cincy with the team. Very cruel twists of fate at play here.

devilsdancefloor
12-17-2009, 11:39 AM
RIP

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Well, that's sad.

I hope I'm not being too cynical, but I get this bad feeling in the back of my mind ... that it comes out in the next week or so that the reason the woman took off was because he beat the shit out of her or something roughly on that level. I'm not saying that as a reflection on him personally or anything; just that does not sound like a good situation.

The_WARDen
12-17-2009, 12:05 PM
you are usually ok with me but what a shitty thing to say

Why? He's not important to me. Plain and simple. It's sad that the guy's dead but prayers to me are for the important people in my life like my wife, mother, daughter, etc...not some NFL player that I could give 2 cents about.

I truly am sorry the guy's dead. It's a tragedy.

KeiselPower99
12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I saw him play in college and he was a beast. So much talent but never got his head on straight til this past year. Its sad when someone dies but I agree with SteelReserve there is probably more to the story then we know right now.

revefsreleets
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Wrong thread...I'd like to see the toxicology report.

Edman
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Threw away his career, and finally his life.

Thus ends another troubled life of an NFL player.

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Such a tragedy. I don't care what team a player plays for, you never want to see something like this happen. It illustrates what I have said so often - that football is just a game, a game played by human beings, and that it should not be taken so seriously. Life is so much more important than ANY sport. At any rate, my thought and prayers go out to Henry, his family and the Bengals organization.

Amen...tragic events like this really puts things into perspective.

Heaven knows I railed on Chris Henry a lot, but you never wish for things like this to happen to anyone.

My heart goes out to the Bengals, their fans, and Chris' family.

:tombstone

Angus Burgher
12-17-2009, 03:11 PM
His family, friends and the Bengals organization, sure.

I don't give a shit about their fans, though. I'm sure they were all laughing their asses off when Ben was nearly killed in an auto accident.

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2009, 03:26 PM
His family, friends and the Bengals organization, sure.

I don't give a shit about their fans, though. I'm sure they were all laughing their asses off when Ben was nearly killed in an auto accident.

Maybe so...but sometimes you have to make the decision to be the bigger person.

My heart goes out to fans like CantStop85, who has been one of the classier Bengal fans to come here.

Steel-Bryan
12-17-2009, 03:32 PM
RIP

43Hitman
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Maybe so...but sometimes you have to make the decision to be the bigger person.

My heart goes out to fans like CantStop85, who has been one of the classier Bengal fans to come here.

I feel the same way. Two wrongs don't make a right. I remember some really classless Bengal, Brown, and Purple fans laughing at Ben's misfortune and how sick to my stomach that made me feel that someone could actually be so callused and rigid just because of a silly rivalry. I prefer to take the high road and not put that kind of karma on my family.

I am really sorry to hear about this, this makes me feel so down in the dumps for some reason. Maybe it's the season...Maybe I am just getting older and can better relate to how precious and short life really is. You just never know when your number is going to be called. We will be praying for his family and friends. I hope this doesn't ruin the Bungles(sorry had to put a jab somewhere) season, cause after losing two people in their organization this year, they definitely could use some joy.

stillers4me
12-17-2009, 05:42 PM
RIP, Slim

God has one heck of a good WR on his team now.