PDA

View Full Version : Expert Picks.

Avoid Lloyd
01-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Sportsline Picks (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED)

50/50.

It seems some people still think the Seahawks had as a tough a playoff schedule as the Steelers...

If the Steelers play as well as they have the past 2 weeks then this game won't even be close.

SteelerDan43
01-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Those guys are morons, not even .500 for the playoffs. Us non experts of SF have picked better than them...

Hammer67
01-28-2006, 04:33 PM
Remember that they are picking against the spread so they aren't necessarily saying the Steelers are losing...just that the Seahawks are going to cover...

Hawk Believer
01-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Sportsline Picks (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/NFL_SC-PRED)

50/50.

It seems some people still think the Seahawks had as a tough a playoff schedule as the Steelers...

If the Steelers play as well as they have the past 2 weeks then this game won't even be close.

Nobody in their right mind would say the Seahawks had as tough a playoff schedule as the Sqealers. The Seahawks had to play one less game and got to play both at home. And the NFC overall was weaker. Props to your guys for winning an unprecedented 3 on the road against 1-2-3 seeds.

That being said, (besides being in the NFC) the Hawks earned the right to have an easier playoff road.

What I don't understand about your argument how you say that these analysts' spread picks mean they think the Hawks played as tough a playoff schedule. Where does it say that?

Its got to be a little wierd to get used to being the favorite after the intense season you ahave had so far. But that shouldn't mean you have to make stuff up to feel like an underdog. Embrace the respect your team is finally getting and remember none of these picks mean jack unless you're betting.

Heres to a great game.:thmbup:

momper
01-28-2006, 06:24 PM
"That being said, (besides being in the NFC) the Hawks earned the right to have an easier playoff road. "

Do you mean they luckily had an easy schedule and got lucky in games?

NYG missed 3 FG
Vick was injured in the 4th quarter of the falcons game
Played the colts...second string
beat dallas because Bledsoe threw the stupidest pass ever while they were driving to win the game
lost to jacksonville and redskins

then when they played the redskins portis had two injured shoulders, their back-up CENTER had to play guard, wynn was out, brunell was injured, and Thrash was injured

Carolina played without jenkins, an injured peppers, and their FOURTH string running back.

I wouldn't exactly call that earning their spot, just a lot of luck :]
played a bunch of terrible teams in regular season and injured teams in the playoffs.

Hammer67
01-28-2006, 06:39 PM
However it gets done...if you are the #1 seed in the conference and are in the Super Bowl...you are doing something right in the NFL...

Hawk Believer
01-28-2006, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that earning their spot, just a lot of luck :]
played a bunch of terrible teams in regular season and injured teams in the playoffs.

"Do you mean they luckily had an easy schedule and got lucky in games?"
They won 13 of the 16 games that were scheduled. Sure, they played in a weaker division. But the division looked even weaker because the Hawks won all of their divisional games.

"NYG missed 3 FG and beat dallas because Bledsoe threw the stupidest pass ever while they were driving to win the game."

So they Seahawks won two games that they probably should have lost. Previous Hawks teams had a habit of being in the position of the Cowboys and Giants in those games: snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... Those games show that this team will not quit, even when it looks like they have no chance.

Dynasties like your Steelers of yore are made of teams that believe they can win even when they probably shouldn't. Hopefully this Hawks team keeps winning occasional games like that and become a team that will be remembered.

"Played the colts...second string"

And then the Hawks lost to Green Bay with a pre-season package the following week.It really is too bad the Hawks and Colts didn't get to play when it meant something. Would have been a hell of a game I bet. And would have made good fodder for all the smack going down this week.

"Vick was injured in the 4th quarter of the falcons game."

I can't believe I am hearing this from a Squealers fan. See Palmer comments below.

"lost to jacksonville and redskins"

:horror: OMG! You sure got us there. The Hawks lost their 1st and 4th games of the season. They actually won a few after that point though.

"then when they played the redskins portis had two injured shoulders, their back-up CENTER had to play guard, wynn was out, brunell was injured, and Thrash was injured"

Of course Seattle was "lucky" enough to play without out the NFL MVP as well.

"Carolina played without jenkins, an injured peppers, and their FOURTH string running back. "

And why was RB Goings, a guy who has put up multiple 100+ yard performances not playing? Oh yeah, Tatupu rung his bell. And then he proceeded to play the rest of the game inspite of getting a concussion himself.

The point is, all teams deal with injuries, especially by the time the playoffs role around. But the best teams win in spite of injuries because they play like a team and fill the gaps.

Momper, here is what you would sound like if you were analyzing the Steelers playoff run.

-They only beat the Bengals because Palmer got injured.
-They only beat the Colts because of a lucky shoestring tackle by the quarterback and the NFL's most accurate FG kicker missed a gimmee.
-They only beat the Broncos because they got lucky to play an weak QB who had been playing over his head for weeks. Plus the Broncos lost big in all their big games right?

But it would be stupid to say that. The Steelers did what it took to make it to the Super Bowl. So did the Seahawks.

Mompers, it hurts me to say this, but maybe you should think about become a Bengal fan. It sounds like it would be a better fit for you.

Luck is what happens when preparation meets oppurtunity. - Seneca

Hawk Believer
01-28-2006, 08:16 PM
However it gets done...if you are the #1 seed in the conference and are in the Super Bowl...you are doing something right in the NFL...

Word.

tony hipchest
01-28-2006, 08:26 PM
[I]

Luckis what happens when preparation meets oppurtunity. - Seneca

please tell me youre not quoting seneca wallace!:sofunny:

Hawk Believer
01-28-2006, 08:32 PM
please tell me youre not quoting seneca wallace!:sofunny:
:hehe: No, I am not aware of any Seneca Wallace aphorisms. Give him some time.

I am impressed that you know who he is though.

SteelCityMan786
01-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Dr.Z
Steelers 27, Seachickens 21

TSN
Paul Attner Steelers 27-20
Chris Bahr Steelers 24-20
Brian Baldinger Seachickens 24-21
Dennis Dillion Steelers 23-17
Vinnie Iyler Steelers 24-17
Carl Moritz Steelers 30-24
Dan Pompei Seachickens 23-20
Arnie Spanier Steelers 29-10
War Room Scouts Steelers 24-23

Suitanim
01-28-2006, 09:41 PM
Prisco picked us!

ARGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

SteelCityMan786
01-28-2006, 09:44 PM
I hear ya man meet your 300 rep point plateau.

Suitanim
01-28-2006, 09:52 PM

Thanks, and rep back at ya, but I was already there and had it stripped by disgruntled fans of a team that will remain nameless, other than to say that their QB reminds me a lot of Marsha BRADY!

Animal
01-28-2006, 10:13 PM
I like him.

Of course, he is just a copy of Kordell.

Been There. Done That!

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 12:11 AM
If we could pick up a decent veteran backup QB for next season, Holmgren might start using Seneca more as a returner and reciever. That was totally un-Holmgren like to put him for that pass play last week.

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Our experts are on the field! We can win it! We will win it!

Hammer67
01-29-2006, 10:11 AM

What exactly to rep points do for you?

I must have missed all of that.

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Nobody in their right mind would say the Seahawks had as tough a playoff schedule as the Sqealers. The Seahawks had to play one less game and got to play both at home. And the NFC overall was weaker. Props to your guys for winning an unprecedented 3 on the road against 1-2-3 seeds.

That being said, (besides being in the NFC) the Hawks earned the right to have an easier playoff road.

What I don't understand about your argument how you say that these analysts' spread picks mean they think the Hawks played as tough a playoff schedule. Where does it say that?

Its got to be a little wierd to get used to being the favorite after the intense season you ahave had so far. But that shouldn't mean you have to make stuff up to feel like an underdog. Embrace the respect your team is finally getting and remember none of these picks mean jack unless you're betting.

Heres to a great game.:thmbup:

I wasn't speaking of these guys particularly - I was actually still pissed after watching Cold Pizza.

Oh, and I wouldn't "make stuff up to feel like an underdog." My point was that people SHOULD be picking US to win.

Unless you're a Seahawks fan there is no reason to pick against the Steelers.