PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry dead

Venom
12-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Chris Henry died today . Very sad . Talented and threw away his career and now his life. RIP

Edman
12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Next time, post a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

smokin3000gt
12-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Next time, post a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4750615

Don't tell him what to do! :wink02:

WH
12-17-2009, 12:37 PM
I've read that he was chasing after his girlfriend to A. Beg her to not leave B. Chasing her with aggressive intentions.

Either way, that's a sad, sad way to go.

R.I.P Chris Henry.

plenewken
12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Very sad news.
<...............RIP..............>.

Venom
12-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I rather write something out . You can post links if you like. Have a nice day .

OneForTheToe
12-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Sad........ what a waste to die this way.:tombstone.

7SteelGal43
12-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Tragic, and what a waist. May his family, friends, and loved ones have peace in the days to come.

Edman
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I rather write something out . You can post links if you like. Have a nice day .

I'm not recommending you to post links. I'm telling you to post links. It's the rules. If you don't like it, too bad.

Yes, you have a nice day, kid.

Indo
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
The idea is to write what you want and post the link---it keeps rumors from starting and it adheres to the copyright laws by crediting news reporters and agencies with what was originally written. That's why it's in the rules of the forum. Otherwise, the forum could potentially be shut down for copyright violations

The Patriot
12-17-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not recommending you to post links. I'm telling you to post links. It's the rules. If you don't like it, too bad.

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss74/4chantamahan/th_coolstorybro.jpg

The Patriot
12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
This is really sad news though. I know things like this are bigger than football, but I'm interested to see how the Bengals react.

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 02:39 PM
The idea is to write what you want and post the link---it keeps rumors from starting and it adheres to the copyright laws by crediting news reporters and agencies with what was originally written. That's why it's in the rules of the forum. Otherwise, the forum could potentially be shut down for copyright violations

There's not any way you can be accused of copyright violations for simply stating the news in your own words. Nobody owns a copyright for "Chris Henry is dead, I'm sad." It's only if you repost an article that was lifted from a news outlet that's the problem.

You're still right about the other part -- posting a link is going to cut down on rumors and generally keep people better informed. But in this case it's just a matter of being good practice to make the thread useful. It has nothing to do with copyrights. I wouldn't normally give a shit, but if you're going to be angry and rip someone a new one, at least get the reason straight.

NJarhead
12-17-2009, 03:13 PM
RIP Chris Henry. I would have liked seeing you continue to turn your life around.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Wow, that is sad.

With his history though, I wonder what happened to make her take off in the first place.

And Edman, don't start telling people what to do. It's people like you that chase others away from this forum. You're not a moderator, let them tell others what to do.

steel striker
12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Very sad and, this guy was turning his life around.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 04:21 PM

Not really.

Its only a rule if you copy and paste a story... in order to avoid plagiarism

Otherwise, it is just something that is common decency.

Borski
12-17-2009, 04:39 PM
its sad that the story of one mans life ending has turned into a discussion about the rules of posting.

This is above football, this is a mans life and it is sad it got cut short and a family will have to life without their father growing up.

NEPAsteeler
12-17-2009, 05:08 PM
Truly sad...:shake01:

:tombstone Chris.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-17-2009, 05:29 PM

Easy now people.... Were not inside the steelers locker room here... we can all get along... no need to be nasty to one another:coffee:

Preacher
12-17-2009, 05:53 PM
DUPE POST

steelwalls
12-17-2009, 06:22 PM
R.I.P Chris Henry, from his previous comments it sound like he was right with God, bless his soul.

Psyychoward86
12-17-2009, 06:23 PM
No one deserves to die, even this young man. R.I.P. Although im still very curious exactly what happened and why.....falling off a moving pick up truck hardly answers all the questions...

Leftoverhard
12-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Quite sad.

Edman
12-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Wow, that is sad.

With his history though, I wonder what happened to make her take off in the first place.

And Edman, don't start telling people what to do. It's people like you that chase others away from this forum. You're not a moderator, let them tell others what to do.

People like me? This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. Fine, suit yourself. I won't do it anymore.

I would like to question the point of this smiley though ---->:link:.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2009, 06:38 PM
People like me? This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. Fine, suit yourself. I won't do it anymore.

I would like to question the point of this smiley though ---->:link:.

That is a good smiley, please next time use that. And I am sorry about the "people like you" comment because you're right, this was the first time I can remember you doing something like that. But the way it was typed out was a "barking boss" kind of tone. I know we have lost members before because of people posting like they own this place.

devilsdancefloor
12-17-2009, 07:01 PM
very sad RIP

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 07:24 PM
No one deserves to die, even this young man. R.I.P. Although im still very curious exactly what happened and why.....falling off a moving pick up truck hardly answers all the questions...

Well, it depends. I mean, if I was just sitting here, and Chris Henry was just sitting there, I wouldn't wish he would go die or anything.

On the other hand, if you get yourself killed because you decided to get hammered, flip out at your wife and do your best Teen Wolf impression, yeah, you may have deserved it. At least as far as your judgment is concerned. You could almost win a Darwin Award for that. So it'll be interesting to see how it all turns out in the aftermath.

zulater
12-17-2009, 11:56 PM

When something's being blared all over the news, and is posted in the manner that this thread was i really don't think you have to worry about it.

Where's the rolls eyes emotcon?

zulater
12-18-2009, 12:04 AM
RIP Chris Henry. I would have liked seeing you continue to turn your life around.

I've been hearing this all day, and maybe it's true. But I'd like to hear more about the circumstances of his death before I'm believing it.

It's sad that he's dead, I feel badly for his teammates, and of course his young children. But I just wonder what his intentions were when he jumped in the back of that truck and what his fiance thought they were?

If it turns out that he meant to cause physical harm to that woman and he was trying to forcibly enter the cab of that vehicle when he fell out then I'd say the news of his reformation was greatly exaggerated.

Galax Steeler
12-18-2009, 05:00 AM
RIP Chris Henry

steelerdave1969
12-22-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes hate to hear about the guy. Sounds like he was just getting his life turned around. I hope that everyone realizes that it doesnt take but just a moment to you lose a loved one or lose your own life. Be ready and cherrish every moment with your family and friends.

CantStop85
12-23-2009, 12:03 AM
In case anyone is interested, here's an article about his funeral which took place today:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/cincinnati-bengals/fiancee-of-late-bengals-henry-he-changed-my-life-460516.html?cxtype=twt_Bengals_DDN

And here are the pictures from the funeral (it was open casket so some of the pictures may be a bit unsettling):
http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/galleries/Sports/Bengals/chrishenry/

Shea
12-23-2009, 12:14 AM
I've never been to a funeral with an open casket. That was hard to see but it makes me wonder if it's appropriate for the press to photograph him that way and release those photos to the public. That and those images should have been left for the mourners and loved ones of Chris. Not something that is in anyway our business to view.

We are way to intrusive into people's lives and I think we need to start respecting what is shown of people when they've left this world.

Not at all knocking you CS85 for posting that. It just hit me as something sacred that belongs to his family and friends.

tony hipchest
12-23-2009, 12:25 AM
I've never been to a funeral with an open casket. That was hard to see but it makes me wonder if it's appropriate for the press to photograph him that way and release those photos to the public. That and those images should have been left for the mourners and loved ones of Chris. Not something that is in anyway our business to view.

We are way to intrusive into people's lives and I think we need to start respecting what is shown of people when they've left this world.

Not at all knocking you CS85 for posting that. It just hit me as something sacred that belongs to his family and friends.i almost clipped and posted the picture of him and chad, because i thought it was relevant... but then thought otherwise (anyone is free to click the link cantstop provided).

reality... a picture is worth a thousand words.

Preacher
12-23-2009, 03:56 AM

Not at all knocking you CS85 for posting that. It just hit me as something sacred that belongs to his family and friends.

Unfortunately anymore, freedom of the press doesn't come with responsibility of journalism.

Its now all about getting the first pics out and making the most money. Class is literally gone from the press.

43Hitman
12-23-2009, 10:18 AM
I remember the same thing happened when Dale Earnhardt died. It took his wife taking it to court to get the photographs of his face taken off the internet. I am glad I didn't see them, I know some people that did and they say it was pretty bad.