PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark Rips Overly Critical Steeler's Fans...

SteelerEmpire
12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Steeler Nation... LINK: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81505eb9&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

vrabinec
12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Never pick a fight with the fans, you'll lose. They pay your bills.

msafford
12-17-2009, 01:07 PM
In the OTHER thread about this same topic, Tony posted a link with the ENTIRE transcript of what Clark said. He does not rip the fans, with the exception of the one yahoo who sent him a nasty letter. He does, however, rip the media for shitty reporting. Check it out.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29

SteelerEmpire
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM
In the OTHER thread about this same topic, Tony posted a link with the ENTIRE transcript of what Clark said. He does not rip the fans, with the exception of the one yahoo who sent him a nasty letter. He does, however, rip the media for shitty reporting. Check it out.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29

Ok... but whats the thread title... its not clear what the contents are via the thread title...

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 01:41 PM
In any case, if you actually go to the trouble of writing an angry letter to a football player over poor performance, you probably need to find something better to do with your time. I mean, this is not Donte Stallworth we're talking about, or anything.

SteelC7
12-17-2009, 01:51 PM
fans shouldnt be writing letters to players, thats something 5 year olds do

msafford
12-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok... but whats the thread title... its not clear what the contents are via the thread title...

Here you go. I think it used to be 4 or 5 different threads at one point.

http://www.steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44591

Glloydfan
12-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Reminds me of pennington saying he was a professional athlete and we were privileged to watch him play. Tomlin should demand he make an apology to steeler fans or cut him.

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 02:59 PM
All this after one bad season...sigh I hope this never happen two years in a row.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of pennington saying he was a professional athlete and we were privileged to watch him play. Tomlin should demand he make an apology to steeler fans or cut him.

:rofl:

Steelers should demand the fans actually read the interview transcript before dumping on the players.

Glloydfan
12-17-2009, 03:31 PM
I did read it and to be honest I like clarks play. He's one of their hardest hitters. Loved the
Welker hit, but don't insult me by saying I don't understand how hard it is...

Fire Haley
12-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Anthony Smith looked pretty good playing for the Jags.

Glloydfan
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Better than Carter?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-17-2009, 04:23 PM
ZERO INTERCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!

Super Fan
12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Clark better shut up and start playing ball...

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Boo Hoo! Ryan

AllD
12-17-2009, 06:11 PM
fans shouldnt be writing letters to players, thats something 5 year olds do

I wrote a letter to Santa Claus and all I want for Christmas is a Steelers win.

msafford
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
:rofl:

Steelers should demand the fans actually read the interview transcript before dumping on the players.

exactly.

Fire Haley
12-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Anthony Smith looked pretty good playing for the Jags.

Better than Carter?

A. Smith - - - Last 4 Games - 10 solo tackles, 1 assist
2 INT's for 34yds, 3 passes defended.

and no stupid penalties? - looks like Del Rio might have tamed him

The_WARDen
12-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Alot of fans need to be ripped!

JEFF4i
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM
He was mad at the media, not fans. Clark's not that dumb.

MaidenIndiana
12-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Although Clark was mainly jumping on the media, he still has no right to question fans being disappointed in the teams play. Got news for Mr. Clark. I paid almost 300 dollers to get the NFL package on Direc TV just so I can watch the Steelers. I also paid and drove 2 hours one way to Cincy to watch them play. I don't feel like I got my money's worth on either one

steel9guy
12-17-2009, 09:31 PM
We all say stuff when were frustrated. Everyone hates being booed. I don't blame him. I've met Ryan and I can guarantee that he loves the fans. He signed autographs for 2 hours the day I saw him and he didn't even have too. He's just frustrated.

StainlessStill
12-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Clark couldn't be more WRONG about this whole debacle he's got going on here. ANYWHERE you look people are looking at each other and laughing saying he's barking up the wrong tree with this one.

Talking about the fans? The Pittsburgh media? Dude, try playing for Dallas or N.Y or Philly or Oakland or any OTHER organization and with your comments and with your play on the field ALONE you would of been run out of town a long time ago!

Pardon the Interruption ripped Clark a new asshole and Woody Page went as far to say the Steelers are America's team because of the fans and he needs to do research and shut his yap.

steelerchad
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
I did read it and to be honest I like clarks play. He's one of their hardest hitters. Loved the
Welker hit, but don't insult me by saying I don't understand how hard it is...

I loved his play also. But the play your speaking of here as well as the hit on McGahee and most of his other big plays were..... well........last year. He hasn't done much this year, and he's showing some frustration here.

Shea
12-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Pardon the Interruption ripped Clark a new asshole and Woody Page went as far to say the Steelers are America's team because of the fans and he needs to do research and shut his yap.
Woody is on ATH.

And PTI didn't mention it at all. For it to really mean anything then the double whammy needs to occur. :wink02:

You guys ripping on Clark need to read his full statement. He's not bashing the whole fanbase in anyway! :doh:

StainlessStill
12-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Woody is on ATH.

And PTI didn't mention it at all. For it to really mean anything then the double whammy needs to occur. :wink02:

You guys ripping on Clark need to read his full statement. He's not bashing the whole fanbase in anyway! :doh:

For him to even mention ONE fan is all it takes to give the whole fanbase a bad rap. It wasn't needed to rip the most loyal fans in the entire sports world, even when we witnessed the 5 worst losses in a LONG time here in Pittsburgh football! Obviously, he hasn't been in Pittsburgh long enough to understand the passion within our city and football team. Maybe all those Terrible Towels in the Super Bowl or all those away games never gave him the hint. He needs to shut the yap, PERIOD.

Shea
12-17-2009, 11:01 PM
For him to even mention ONE fan is all it takes to give the whole fanbase a bad rap. It wasn't needed to rip the most loyal fans in the entire sports world, even when we witnessed the 5 worst losses in a LONG time here in Pittsburgh football! He needs to shut the yap, PERIOD.

I don't get your logic here??? He was referring to a fan that sent him hate mail. How does that give everyone within the fanbase a bad rap?? If that person is going to take the time to send him such mail then they better expect that they might have it coming back as far as a response. If you're going to dish it out then expect to get it in return. Besides, he never really says anything derogatory or insensitive about that person, which makes me wonder if the same tact was taken within the letter he got. I'm guessing probably not....

And Ryan's comments on guessing what profession that person might employ and his remarks about it were pure gold. Had me cracking up. :sofunny:

Love me some Ryan Clark, and I'm not gonna waver from that, especially after that rant of his. :love:

shinoff2183
12-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Although Clark was mainly jumping on the media, he still has no right to question fans being disappointed in the teams play. Got news for Mr. Clark. I paid almost 300 dollers to get the NFL package on Direc TV just so I can watch the Steelers. I also paid and drove 2 hours one way to Cincy to watch them play. I don't feel like I got my money's worth on either one

What about last year?

LVSteelersfan
12-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Clark has been as much a part of the defense's problem this year as anyone. I never expected Ike to get torched like he has been either but Clark is not covering for a weak Carter quite enough. Clark plays well in tandom with Troy, but not so much when Troy is not there. BTW, did anyone throw garbage on Clark's lawn?

steelreserve
12-18-2009, 02:56 AM
A. Smith - - - Last 4 Games - 10 solo tackles, 1 assist
2 INT's for 34yds, 3 passes defended.

and no stupid penalties? - looks like Del Rio might have tamed him

Well, he was bound to come around eventually. It was just a question of whether it would first take a DUI or a confrontation in front of a strip club where someone in his "entourage" started shooting a gun.

SteelerEmpire
12-18-2009, 09:51 AM
We all say stuff when were frustrated. Everyone hates being booed. I don't blame him. I've met Ryan and I can guarantee that he loves the fans. He signed autographs for 2 hours the day I saw him and he didn't even have too. He's just frustrated.

Yea. I think most "reasonable" fans understands his frustrations. I would have been worried more if he showed no emotion during this down time for the team. As the old saying goes, "Absolutely no emotion, means absolutely no interest ".