PDA

View Full Version : Question for forum members

Super Fan
12-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Who has to win to keep the Steelers alive for a play off spot this weekend?

stillers4me
12-17-2009, 05:45 PM
The Steelers.

Angus Burgher
12-17-2009, 05:47 PM
LOL, yep.

But also... root for the Colts tonight.

Super Fan
12-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope the Colts play their regulars tonight........

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
We need a better record than quite a few teams, plus the Steelers need to win out. One more loss and we are 100% guaranteed to be out of the playoffs.

If we end up with the same record as Denver, then we would get in over them due to the head-to-head win.

Preacher
12-17-2009, 05:54 PM
The Steelers.

:rofl:

Well, that's a beginning.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
The Steelers.

:rofl: very true first and formost we have to take care of our own business first.

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Any of these teams losing will help us:

Denver
Jacksonville
New England
Baltimore
NY Jets

Which means this week, we're rooting for:

Indy
Atlanta
Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland (ugh)

What Miami does is completely irrelevant -- either we beat them in the last game, or we don't.

Crow-Magnon
12-17-2009, 07:22 PM
Any of these teams losing will help us:

Denver
Jacksonville
New England
Baltimore
NY Jets

Which means this week, we're rooting for:

Indy
Atlanta
Buffalo
Chicago
Oakland (ugh)

What Miami does is completely irrelevant -- either we beat them in the last game, or we don't.

I'm rooting for the Colts tonight, which is WAY more of an (ugh!) than yours is for Oakland. AND for New England! If they lose the division to Miami or New York and tie with the Ravens for a WC spot, they'd get in due to head-to-head, so I have to pull for them to win the AFCE.

That'll give one indigestion. :banging:

steelreserve
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm rooting for the Colts tonight, which is WAY more of an (ugh!) than yours is for Oakland. AND for New England! If they lose the division to Miami or New York and tie with the Ravens for a WC spot, they'd get in due to head-to-head, so I have to pull for them to win the AFCE.

That'll give one indigestion. :banging:

Heh ... I'm actually rooting for Miami to win its next two, so that way, if New England loses twice ... even if the Steelers are eliminated, losing to Miami in the last game will keep the Patriots out of the playoffs. It would be the only scenario in the universe where I would be fully justified in actually rooting for the Steelers to lose.

Of course, I'd much rather we make the playoffs ourselves, but these details keep it interesting.

MaidenIndiana
12-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't care who it would keep out of the playoffs, I would never root for the Steelers to lose

steel9guy
12-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Playoffs? you kidden me playoffs? the playoffs? I just wanna win a game.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Heh ... I'm actually rooting for Miami to win its next two, so that way, if New England loses twice ... even if the Steelers are eliminated, losing to Miami in the last game will keep the Patriots out of the playoffs. It would be the only scenario in the universe where I would be fully justified in actually rooting for the Steelers to lose.
Of course, I'd much rather we make the playoffs ourselves, but these details keep it interesting.

I could never root for the Steelers to lose i dont care who it would keep out of the playoffs....even the Patriots

Im a Steelers fan before i am an anti-anyone else fan.

steelpride12
12-17-2009, 10:58 PM
We just need to get back to the basics and start winning games and going 3 and 0 the rest of the season to start realizing our chances.

steel striker
12-17-2009, 11:43 PM
We all know we need a boat load of help but, I just hope we will out and finish strong.

steel striker
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I meant to say Win out. lol

LVSteelersfan
12-17-2009, 11:49 PM
As long as we are not mathematically eliminated, I never give up. Jacksonville lost tonight so that will tie us with them if we can beat Green Bay. Somehow I don't see the Ratbirds losing to Chicago, but you never know. Why oh Why did they have to lose to Kansas City and Oakland? We would be in the driver's seat right now instead of looking in from the outside. One game at a time and hope that we get the help we need. If you remember back to the 80s I believe we sneaked in the back door the last week of the season a couple of times. I never thought we would make it those years and we did. SO NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!!!!!

Super Fan
12-17-2009, 11:51 PM
Well Jax lost tonight so that helps..........If we can beat the Ravens and Dolphins that should take care of them.....We need to take care of business Sunday........

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Well Jax lost tonight so that helps..........If we can beat the Ravens and Dolphins that should take care of them.....We need to take care of business Sunday........

Amen :thumbsup:

Super Fan
12-17-2009, 11:53 PM

Mags87
12-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Nov. 9 is the last time we won a game. i dont think that Superbowl 43 to the first preseason game felt this long :doh:
i always smiled at the Coors Light commercials about "just trying to win a game" but now i understand. i guess we've been spoiled long enough with these guys. to quote Bad Santa, "well they can't all be (bad word)-ing winners!" and as usual, can't wait for Sunday :tt03:

PalmerSteel
12-18-2009, 06:27 AM
i know its a long shot and i am not even getting my hopes up for playoffs BUT, just curious do all the teams in the wildcard hunt hold the tiebreaker edge over us, besides denver because of head to head, if we end up with same record?

HometownGal
12-18-2009, 08:56 AM
I hope the Colts play their regulars tonight........

They did and I think they will continue to do so because they want that magical undefeated season record.

The only team the Steelers should concern themselves with is their own and getting back on the winning track. Period.