PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or does Jacksonville always seem to be a pain in our butt

BlastFurnace
12-17-2009, 09:00 PM
It always seems that way.

BTW, you want to see the definition of a bandwagon fan base, it's the sellout crowd in Jacksonville tonight. They don't give a darn about this team for atleast 11 months out of the year.

Nadroj 20
12-17-2009, 09:07 PM
I dont think its just you....Jacksonville has always been a pain and has annoyed me lol.

BlastFurnace
12-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Indy's defense is terrible

Crow-Magnon
12-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Indy's defense is terrible

Yes, but when you have an offense like that one, it doesn't have to be that good.

steelreserve
12-18-2009, 01:45 PM
No, they always drive me nuts too, and the games against them are never easy, even when they're supposed to suck.

It's no surprise about their fans. What do you expect when you just plunk down a generic team with no following and no history, in a state where half the residents are from somewhere else? That's why pretty much ALL Florida teams except the Dolphins have a gigantic bandwagon problem.

Edman
12-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Jacksonville is annoying, but they're so damn irrelevant and their fanbase sucks so bad (Steeler Nation continuously takes over their stadium) that I have a hard time hating them. Even when we lose tough games to them, I still can't bring myself to hate them.

I always viewed the Jags as another AFC foe, not a rival. Much like Denver.

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2009, 03:24 PM
No, they always drive me nuts too, and the games against them are never easy, even when they're supposed to suck.

It's no surprise about their fans. What do you expect when you just plunk down a generic team with no following and no history, in a state where half the residents are from somewhere else? That's why pretty much ALL Florida teams except the Dolphins have a gigantic bandwagon problem.

That is exactly, 100% true. Which is why I will never understand why Tagliabue overlooked Baltimore (with the best expansion team package) and St. Louis and gave the second expansion team to Jacksonville. Their fan base is atrocious.

Therefore, any time a Jax loss helps the Ravens, I smile and say "Eff you, Tags!" under my breath.

But, they have often been a thorn in the side of the Ravens, too. In fact, they had always whipped Baltimore's ass big-time up until the (I think) third game of the 2000 season when the Ravens finally won a game against Brunell and his two really good WR's McCardell and Smith. Thunder and Lightning.

But boy! Look at that franchise now! The L.A. Jaguars?

Angus Burgher
12-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, the Jags are the biggest "who gives a shit" franchise in the NFL. Even their fans don't watch their games, even when they are doing better than usual. Glad the Colts beat them last night.