PDA

View Full Version : Obama signs $1.1 trillion spending bill into law

MACH1
12-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Wed Dec 16, 5:57 pm ET

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama has signed into law a $1.1 trillion bill that increases the budgets in many areas of the government by about 10 percent, including health, law enforcement and veterans' programs.

Obama signed the bill privately at the White House on Wednesday after receiving the bill from Congress on Sunday.

The bill lumps together six of the 12 annual appropriations bills for the 2010 budget year that began Oct. 1.

Most Republicans opposed the bill, citing runaway federal spending. They also pointed to an estimated $3.9 billion for more than 5,000 local projects sought by lawmakers from both parties.

Democrats said the spending would help the economy recover from the recession.
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/ap/20091217/twl-us-obama-spending-bill-ef375f8.html

The Messiah at work again. Enjoy your freedoms while they last boys and girls.

:banging::banging::banging::banging:

tony hipchest
12-17-2009, 11:54 PM
yeah. screw law enforcement and all the veterans who have lost life and limb in the past 8 years. :rolleyes:

freedom really isnt free. neither is playing the worlds police. (let alone our own domestic police).

i cant wait until they just open up the boarders and let drugs run in free, or start producing and taxing it themselves. :party:

MACH1
12-18-2009, 12:03 AM
yeah. screw law enforcement and all the veterans who have lost life and limb in the past 8 years

That'd be great if ALL the money went to them. Not extending government by 10% or a bunch of pork and/or pet projects. :pig:

Maybe I should have said get ready to bend over and grab ankle again.

SCSTILLER
12-18-2009, 08:45 AM
I think the Obama's planted a money tree in their White House garden, that is the only reasonable explanation to where the money is coming from.

GBMelBlount
12-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Yippeee!!!!! More free money!!!!!! :applaudit:

SteelMember
12-18-2009, 09:22 AM
That'd be great if ALL the money went to them. Not extending government by 10% or a bunch of pork and/or pet projects. :pig:.

What? You mean like new C-17's the Pentagon is being forced to purchase, even though they've already said they don't need them. So it's basically a government work program for the people who live in the states that manufacture the planes. :noidea:

SteelMember
12-18-2009, 09:25 AM
I think the Obama's planted a money tree in their White House garden, that is the only reasonable explanation to where the money is coming from.

Everyone knows money doesn't grow on trees... You just need a printing press.:doh:

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Spend, spend, spend...and, this time, the American people are outraged even BEFORE the inevitable monster tax increases are launched.

Debt ceiling is being raised to 14 trillion. That is roughly what the annual GDP is.

Also, the recession is over. Recovery is beginning. If this is about jobs, say so, but they are spending on average MILLIONS of dollars per job created, and that's by their own numbers. I'd kindly ask them PLEASE stop "helping"....

Fire Haley
12-18-2009, 12:12 PM
It's just your average operating budget with some pork sprinkled in.

Status quo.

The Patriot
12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah. screw law enforcement and all the veterans who have lost life and limb in the past 8 years. :rolleyes:

freedom really isnt free. neither is playing the worlds police. (let alone our own domestic police).

i cant wait until they just open up the boarders and let drugs run in free, or start producing and taxing it themselves. :party:

“First they came for the rich. And I did not speak out because I was not rich.

Then they came for the property owners, and I did not speak out because I did not own property.

Then they came for the right to bear arms, and I did not speak out because I was not armed.

Then they came for me and denied me my medical care, and there was no one left to speak for me,”

– Laura Ingraham, Fox News Commentator.

KeiselPower99
12-18-2009, 02:29 PM
Is this the new stimulis I heard mentioned briefly last week?

43Hitman
12-18-2009, 02:51 PM
B-end
O-ver
H-ere
I-t
C-omes
A-gain

Vincent
12-18-2009, 02:54 PM
It's just your average operating budget with some pork sprinkled in.

Status quo.

Au contraire. These lunatics are spending well outside of historic "norms". This ought to scare the @#$% out of anybody, regardless of stripe, unless you're a card carrying marxist bent on the destruction of this country.

The profligacy of the Booosh years left us with $2005.7T of deficit spending. Yes, Virginia, that's a "T" for trillion. For those not familiar with such matters, that means the federalies spent more than $2 trillion more than they took in during Booosh's 8 years. Both sides participated. Shame on them both.

OMB is projecting a deficit of $1,841.2T for 2009 alone. That's just $164.5B less than the entire 8 years "under" Booosh. They project $4,586.4T in deficits in the 4 year bho "administration", or well over twice those of the 8 years of Booosh.

How do we get to such stupid numbers? There is nothing to balance the donkeys. They're "free" to do whatever they want. They don't give a @#$% about you or me or the country, or even their precious gubmint.

In 2009, they will have $2,156.7T (15% of the GDP) in receipts. Undaunted, they will have spent $3,997.8T (28% of the GDP). The 2009 deficit alone is nearly 13% of the GDP. That's unholy bull@#$%. And this is BEFORE this $1.1T, Cap & Trade, and @#$%ing "healthcare"!

What do you think they're going to do with income and cap gains taxes? The only thing you can believe with any certainty is whatever bho told you is bull@#$%.

The OMB numbers...

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/Content/GIF/fed_receipt_sum_historical.gif

NJarhead
12-18-2009, 02:55 PM
“First they came for the rich. And I did not speak out because I was not rich.

Then they came for the property owners, and I did not speak out because I did not own property.

Then they came for the right to bear arms, and I did not speak out because I was not armed.

Then they came for me and denied me my medical care, and there was no one left to speak for me,”

– Laura Ingraham, Fox News Commentator.

OT:
Hmmm. That's actually a spin off from a short writing about the Jews in Nazi Germany. I forget the author.

revefsreleets
12-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Nothing to see here...all Bush's fault....move along now...nothing to see here...