PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Steeler fans!

UltimateBengal
12-18-2009, 12:06 PM
In the wake of what has been a devastating couple of days for Bengals fans, with the Chris Henry's accident and then death, I would like to say thank you to all of the Steelers fans who offered prayers and well wishes for not only Chris and his family, but to BengalNation as well. What I read on these boards during that time gave me a whole new respect for these boards and it's members. You guys exemplified class during a time when it would have been very easy to take cheap shots at the Bengals.

So again, thank you all!

UltimateBengal

Stang909
12-18-2009, 12:09 PM
This is a very sad time for all of the NFL. I truly feel Chris Henry was starting to get his life turned around.

UltimateBengal
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
This is a very sad time for all of the NFL. I truly feel Chris Henry was starting to get his life turned around.

From all accounts, Chris had made great progress as a man and a father. I don't know what led to the incident with his girlfriend, resulting in the accident, but it's a damn shame the way it ended.

casteeler
12-18-2009, 12:22 PM
he was a great player and a family man who was getting his life together. Truly a sad time for all Nfl fans and teammates alike, our thoughts and prayers are with his family!

solardave
12-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I said it before TJ left that Chris Henry was the most talented reciever on the team. It's a sad day for the NFL.
You know sometimes I use the word hate when referring to other teams and it's times like this I realize that hate is to strong a word. I am trully sorry for your loss.

hammy36
12-18-2009, 07:11 PM
Hey Ultimate,

After hearing the news yesterday and saying a little prayer for his family and friends I definitely thought of you. You've been nothing but class on this board. My thoughts and prayers go out to Henry's family, friends, and all of Bengal nation. Take care bro and best of luck to your team the rest of the way.

~H

Glloydfan
12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Never saw a Bengal player I liked but Henry was a young man with tremendous talent. Times like these remind all of us it's just a game to us. Sure we like to talk smack at times but I truly am sorry to hear about this tragedy. My prayers go to his friends and family.

Steelerroy
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Read earlier that they were fighting over wedding plans,such a terrible waste. Shows you how fragile life is and how we take it for granted.My prayers go out to all involved.

supa_fly_steeler
12-18-2009, 07:52 PM
UltimateBengal, i have been impressed with how much respect you have for this forum :).

I like Henry back when he was a thug, it's a horrible loss, for many reasons, that is one less reciever i can throw to now on Madden :'(.

mulldog24
12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
My prayers go out to all of the Chris Henry's family and to the Bengal nation GOD bless you all.

wootawnee
12-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Rest in peace Skinny.......

steel9guy
12-18-2009, 08:11 PM
What a horrible thing to happen to someone. Were praying for the Henry family.

Steelers17
12-18-2009, 08:25 PM
In tragic times as these we are all one. Additionally, the three young children sustained a devastating loss at a most inopportune time.

Why must it be this way!!!!

UltimateBengal
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey Ultimate,

After hearing the news yesterday and saying a little prayer for his family and friends I definitely thought of you. You've been nothing but class on this board. My thoughts and prayers go out to Henry's family, friends, and all of Bengal nation. Take care bro and best of luck to your team the rest of the way.

~H

Thanks Hammy. First Vickie Zimmer and now Slim, it's been a tough year in the Bengal Nation!

Galax Steeler
12-19-2009, 08:13 AM
At the end of the day we are all human a life was lost and it affects all of us. Henry will be missed as a player and a father figure. It just seems like the nfl looses someone every year.

stb_steeler
12-19-2009, 05:04 PM
We all have to realize the biggest thing is Life, not football... Football should be the tool that brings players, fans closer together not to become enemies. One of the best Quotes on football was said by Troy Polamalu... ( Football isnt me its what i do, life is whats about me). Sorry for the loss of Chris Henry and to all that lost a loved one!!!

SteelerFanInCA
12-20-2009, 04:38 AM
RIP Chris.

Mamaduck43
12-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I was hoping that the outcome of this tragic event would have been different, but it was not to be.... My prayers and thoughts have been with Chris' family and friends since the first news of the accident was reported... I cried when I heard that he had passed - - so young, and especially when it seemed that he was finally on the right path... Continued prayers are being said for his family - - especially his children.... R.I.P. Chris Henry..... You will be missed.....