PDA

View Full Version : We're Favored?

hammy36
12-18-2009, 06:06 PM
I'm not a betting man and don't pay all that much attention to the spread but I was SHOCKED to hear we're favored this week. 2 points is the last I saw. I guess people are banking on that we don't lose the 6th straight? GB has been on fire lately and we're, well, you know how we've been. Here's to hoping we pull out of this slump and surprise some folks. :tt04:

Glace
12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
On Inside the NFL, Collinsworth and Simms picked us to win this week.....

Right after Collinsworth said he saw the Patriots going to the superbowl....

steelreserve
12-18-2009, 06:12 PM
Green Bay hasn't played anyone good all year, that's why. When they do, the opponent tends to score 30+ points on them. They could be the most overrated team in the NFL this year.

I would've said "except for the Cowboys," except that it's starting to sound like they aren't even "rated" anymore.

casteeler
12-18-2009, 06:15 PM
maybe they heard arians was on his way out?

Merchant
12-18-2009, 06:31 PM
in preseason, vegas had us favoured against anyone. colts, saints, dont matter.

SteelCityMom
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm not a betting man and don't pay all that much attention to the spread but I was SHOCKED to hear we're favored this week. 2 points is the last I saw. I guess people are banking on that we don't lose the 6th straight? GB has been on fire lately and we're, well, you know how we've been. Here's to hoping we pull out of this slump and surprise some folks. :tt04:

Well keep in mind that this is a home game for the Steelers and the home team is always given a 3 point start in the spread. So when they say the Steelers are favored by 2...that's not saying they have a lot of confidence in the Steelers winning lol.

AllD
12-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Their predictions were based on emotion and that the Steelers could not possibly give another game away. The bottom line is if they don't play well, they will be booed out of their own stadium. That you can take to the bank. I would bring earplugs if you are attending the game.

GoSlash27
12-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Looking back through the season, I don't remember us being underdogs in any game we've played. No, wait... the Ravens game had us heavy underdogs due to Ben being out.

Shellshock
12-18-2009, 08:52 PM
This is just Vegas trying to get more money on this game.

43Hitman
12-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Well keep in mind that this is a home game for the Steelers and the home team is always given a 3 point start in the spread. So when they say the Steelers are favored by 2...that's not saying they have a lot of confidence in the Steelers winning lol.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

zulater
12-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Anyone who bet against the Steelers all season long would be sitting pretty right now. I can't see how the Steelers are favored this week even with home field? With no Polamalu you'd have th think Aaron Rogers will tear this secondary apart.

stb_steeler
12-19-2009, 04:09 PM
This is just Vegas trying to get more money on this game.

Yeah i heard their changing it from NFL to MFL= Money Football League

Psyychoward86
12-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Remember when in the preseason we were favored against every single opponent on our schedule? Yeah.

The_WARDen
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM

the oddsmakers had a little too much eggnog I guess.

The_WARDen
12-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah i heard their changing it from NFL to MFL= Money Football League

really? it's been the MFL for years now but welcome aboard.

hammy36
12-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Favored by two...what a bunch of morons! Hehehe...sorry all, had to bump this. Ben was freaking clutch today. How good it feels after a "W".