PDA

View Full Version : Homer Mock Draft Challenge 2010

Aussie_steeler
12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
I will take any chance given to throw a mock draft together.

To allow people to express their inner homer and satisfy their draft geek desires I propose this challenge to all.

Come up with a mock draft based only on Seniors and eligible juniors that are from your homer college team.

I will give everyone two compensation picks in the 4th round and you can also submit 3 Undrafted Free Agents as well.

I dont have a homer college so I thought I would take LSU.

Here goes

Aussie_steelers LSU Homer Mock Draft 2010

Rd 1. Brandon LaFell WR 6'3 206 lbs
only true first round talent on the LSU squad. Cant pass him up at this point. Helps if Santonio or Hines go soon.

Rd 2. Chad Jones FS 6'3 230 lbs
borderline first round talent that fills a huge need immediately if Ryan Clark goes. FS is desperately needed this draft.

Rd 3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB 6'3 240 lbs
James Farriors replacement needs to found sooner rather than later. If I was a Bama homer I would be all over McClain in the first but know that I have chosen a side I will be happy with Sheppard in the 3rd

Rd 4a Harry Coleman SS 6'2 206 lbs
Tyrone Carter can hit the road and Coleman is a quality candidate to sit behind Troy and also help out on ST's

Rd 4b. Rahem Allen OLB 6'3 262 lbs
Depth is needed at OLB and Allen fits the description of a steeler 3-4 OLB.

Rd 4c. Joseph Barksdale OT 6'5 315 lbs
Right Tackle candidate to push Tony Hills for the backup spot. This junior may see his stock climb if he stays another year

Rd 5. Charles Scott RB 5'11 234 lbs
FWP is gone and a #2 RB is needed. Scott is my candidate now. Broken clavicle might keep him out of Senior bowl workouts so he drops a little. Great value pick for this runaway freight train

Rd 6. Chris Hawkin CB 6'0 185 lbs
Not a lot of LSU talent sitting around in the 6th round. I'll take a punt on a corner to compete for ST time and maybe the last CB spot

Rd 7. Trindon Holliday KR 5'5 164 lbs
I know he is tiny, but he is only a bit shorter than Stefan Logan. Logan has been ok but I am prepared to take a shot on this little dynamo. His 40 time could be explosive.

UDFA 1. Danny McCray FS 6'1 206 lbs
UDFA 2. Al Woods NT 6'4 312 lbs
UDFA 3. Richard Dixon FB 6'2 240 lbs

OK - thats my best shot without much extensive knowledge of an entire college team.
I passed on Ciron Black in the 2nd and I am happy with Barksdale in the 4th. I know that I am short a TE and maybe a DE. NT is very sub standard with Al Woods as a UDFA.

Now I look forward to your replies. I can see some really strong competition coming out of Texasteel and his hawkeyes, Rev and his buckeyes. MOP might have some fun with his Terps. Who do you pimp LLT and Steelmember --- I have had a total blank.

Texasteel
12-19-2009, 07:30 AM
I'll get mine together Aussie, but you will find it heavy laden with offensive linemen. I believe I have a couple player you may not have heard of that could be pretty good players though.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-19-2009, 07:34 AM
OHHHHH MAN!!!!!!

My Homer team is division II.:doh:

xfl2001fan
12-19-2009, 08:07 AM
Might have to try this...but my Homer team is only OSU. /sigh

Aussie_steeler
12-19-2009, 01:21 PM
Might have to try this...but my Homer team is only OSU. /sigh

Love it - you and Rev will be able to be graded out for the quality of your respective mocks.

LLT - if its any consolation I will let you trade picks for NFL players. Draft who you can that is of real value. You could end up having multiple picks to package to trade for star players.

Tex - nothing wrong with Bulaga, Calloway and Angerer continuing to wear black and gold.

My kids are excited about xmas. I am getting excited about bowl games I wonder who are the bigger kids

Aussie_steeler
12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Time to shift to the # 1 Alabama Crimson Tide

This one was a lot tougher considering the number of sophmores and freshman on the squad who start

Aussie_steelers Alabama Crimson TIde mock draft 2010

Rd 1. Rolando McClain ILB 6'4 256lbs
stud line backer who makes it very easy to overlook Mt Cody in the first round. Monster in the middle who will remind everyone of the days of Levon Kirkland

Rd 2. Kareem Jackson CB 5'11 192 lbs
Probably good enough to push for William Gays CB2 position by mid season

Rd 3. Mike Johnson OG 6'5 305 lbs
Will fill the interior strengthening the OG position, Urbik should make Essex redundant and Johnson can be the top backup with an eye to shift Kemo

Rd 4a. Javier Arenas CB / KR 5'9 198 lbs
MIght not fall this far. Dynamite as a punt / kick returner and has a knack of being in the right spot.

Rd 4b. Colin Peek TE 6'5 255 lbs
Time to mover Spaeth on and Peek is a old school tight end. He has left two college programs to get away from the option and spread formations that dominate the college game.

Rd 4c. Justin Woodall SS 6'1 220 lbs
Strong against the run for Bama. Is mobile enough to also get back into zone coverage. Turned down a baseball career to stay with football. Will need some coaching

Rd 5. Greg McElroy QB 6'3 218 lbs
I know that he doesnt come out but he is eligible under our contest rules. Can manage a game well and is usually pretty good at minimising turnovers. Will be drafted higher in 2011

Rd 6. Leigh Tiffin K 6'1 212 lbs
This guy has a strong leg, which should help out on the kickoffs. Has missed some extra points of late but he is still one of the premier kickers in college football. Bye Bye Jeff Reed

Rd 7. Brandon Deaderick DE 6'4 295 lbs
Playmaking DE who is tough as nails. Was shot in an attempted armed robbery and missed no playing time and played 5 days after being shot.

UDFA 1. Drew Davis OT 6'7 305 lbs
UDFA 2. Roy Upchurch RB 6'0 205 lbs
UDFA 3. Corey Reamer OLB 6'4 234 lbs

Found this mock much tougher than the LSU mock. Personally I think the middle of the draft is a bit weak and I may have ripped Javier Arenas off a little to get him down to the 4th round. Missing a FS and quality OLB in this mock.

How do the two compare???

Dylan
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Ill go with Penn State!!!!!

Round 1- Navarro Bowman
Round 2- Jared Odrick
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared)
Round 4- Sean Lee
Round 5- AJ Wallace
Round 6- Dennis Landolt
Round 7- Daryll Clark
Free Agent- Josh Hull
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons

Aussie_steeler
12-21-2009, 05:56 PM

Round 1- Navarro Bowman OLB
Round 2- Jared Odrick DE
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared) RB
Round 4- Sean Lee ILB
Round 5- AJ Wallace CB / KR
Round 6- Dennis Landolt RT
Round 7- Daryll Clark QB
Free Agent- Josh Hull ILB
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes OLB
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons CB

Very solid draft Dylan. Thanks for being the first to post a true homer mock. ( i cant consider mine TRUE homer mocks because of my lack of allegiance to a college.

This addresses D line, OLB and ILB depth in a big way. Dick Le Beau would like the quality of players on the D side of the ball you have given him. Arians could have a little fun teaming Royster with Mendy. No safeties is an issue considering the way our backups at FS and SS have played.

Well Done.

The burning question is how are we going to determine the final rankings of our mocks.?? I dont even want to rank the 3 homer mocks we already have. Any takers???

Texasteel
12-22-2009, 12:20 PM
:tt:IOWA:tt:

1 . Bryan Bulage OT / 6'6" / 310 lb. Bryan did not have the year we were hoping for, I think mainly because of his early season illness. He missed the 1st 4 games I believe, and from what I saw may have never regained all of his strength. Can and I believe would play LT for us.

2 . Amari Spievey CB / 6'0" / 195 lb. Amari had 68 TT, 4 Ints, 6 pass breakups, 1 FF, 1 Sack. When ask how good Spievey was, Norm Park said he could be the best they have ever had. I really think he is a 3rd round pick, but with a good time at the combines might move up a little.

3 . Kyle Calloway OT / 6'7" / 315 lb. I really like this kid and would be tickled if we get him. Tremendous run blocker and I think did not give up a sack. Has played LT but will be a RT in the Pros.

4a. A.J. Edds OLB / 6'4" / 245 lb. Disciplined player that knows how to tackle. Is ofter asked to cover a WR in coverage. I think he will be a better pro that Angerer.

4b. Pat Angerer ILB / 6'0" / 235 lb. Iowa plays him all over the Field. They like to blitz him, and drop him into coverage. I think he lead Iowa in ints. last year. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Combine will be very important to him.

4c. Adrian Clayborn DE / 6'3 / 285 lb. Clayborn really came into his own this year. Play hard, does not take plays off, and loves to punish the QB. An animal at the line of scrimmage as well.
Clayborn has already stayed that he will be coming back to Iowa next year.

5. Dace Richardson OG / 6'6" / 305 lb. Dace has had a lot of trouble staying health, but has show this year that moving him to OG was a good Idea. Made all Big Ten this year.

6 . Tony Moeaki TE / 6'3" / 255 lb. Another player that has had trouble staying health, even missed 2 games this year. Showed this year the talent that he has. Runs well, and I think is one of the best receiving TE in the nation. If not for his injury's would most likely be a 2ND round pick. I think he is worth a gamble, I think a couple other teams will agree.

7 . Brett Greenwood FS / 6'0" / 200 lb. A hard nosed, work you tail off type of player. That may have to work his tail of to make the team. At the least, a good ST player.

UDFA
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos / WR
Brett Morse / FB
Christian Ballard / DE

They can even bring their oun uniforms.

SteelMember
12-22-2009, 01:57 PM

Round 1- Navarro Bowman
Round 2- Jared Odrick
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared)
Round 4- Sean Lee
Round 5- AJ Wallace
Round 6- Dennis Landolt
Round 7- Daryll Clark
Free Agent- Josh Hull
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons

Well, PSU is my homer team, and all in all, a nice job Dylan. :applaudit:

A couple guys I might have put in...

Mickey Shuler, or Andrew Quarless TE
Chris Colisanti LB
Jeremy Boone P

SteelMember
12-22-2009, 02:02 PM

1 . Bryan Bulage OT / 6'6" / 310 lb. Bryan did not have the year we were hoping for, I think mainly because of his early season illness. He missed the 1st 4 games I believe, and from what I saw may have never regained all of his strength. Can and I believe would play LT for us.

2 . Amari Spievey CB / 6'0" / 195 lb. Amari had 68 TT, 4 Ints, 6 pass breakups, 1 FF, 1 Sack. When ask how good Spievey was, Norm Park said he could be the best they have ever had. I really think he is a 3rd round pick, but with a good time at the combines might move up a little.

3 . Kyle Calloway OT / 6'7" / 315 lb. I really like this kid and would be tickled if we get him. Tremendous run blocker and I think did not give up a sack. Has played LT but will be a RT in the Pros.

4a. A.J. Edds OLB / 6'4" / 245 lb. Disciplined player that knows how to tackle. Is ofter asked to cover a WR in coverage. I think he will be a better pro that Angerer.

4b. Pat Angerer ILB / 6'0" / 235 lb. Iowa plays him all over the Field. They like to blitz him, and drop him into coverage. I think he lead Iowa in ints. last year. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Combine will be very important to him.

4c. Adrian Clayborn DE / 6'3 / 285 lb. Clayborn really came into his own this year. Play hard, does not take plays off, and loves to punish the QB. An animal at the line of scrimmage as well.
Clayborn has already stayed that he will be coming back to Iowa next year.

5. Dace Richardson OG / 6'6" / 305 lb. Dace has had a lot of trouble staying health, but has show this year that moving him to OG was a good Idea. Made all Big Ten this year.

6 . Tony Moeaki TE / 6'3" / 255 lb. Another player that has had trouble staying health, even missed 2 games this year. Showed this year the talent that he has. Runs well, and I think is one of the best receiving TE in the nation. If not for his injury's would most likely be a 2ND round pick. I think he is worth a gamble, I think a couple other teams will agree.

7 . Brett Greenwood FS / 6'0" / 200 lb. A hard nosed, work you tail off type of player. That may have to work his tail of to make the team. At the least, a good ST player.

UDFA
Brett Morse / FB
Christian Ballard / DE

Very Nice Tex. :thmbup:

A couple guys on my list here...

Ricky Stanzi QB - He'll probably stay, no? I know he was hurt.
Dan Doering OG - What's his status? Good prospect earlier.
Rafael Eubanks C - And him? He had some hype earlier in the year.

Aussie_steeler
12-22-2009, 02:27 PM

1 . Bryan Bulage OT / 6'6" / 310 lb. Bryan did not have the year we were hoping for, I think mainly because of his early season illness. He missed the 1st 4 games I believe, and from what I saw may have never regained all of his strength. Can and I believe would play LT for us. This would be an ideal pick for the steelers come April 2010. Could crack RT midway through his first season and by season 3 would be the starting LT

2 . Amari Spievey CB / 6'0" / 195 lb. Amari had 68 TT, 4 Ints, 6 pass breakups, 1 FF, 1 Sack. When ask how good Spievey was, Norm Park said he could be the best they have ever had. I really think he is a 3rd round pick, but with a good time at the combines might move up a little. Dont know much about this guy but he reads like a CB2 that could push William Gay with a little time and caoching.

3 . Kyle Calloway OT / 6'7" / 315 lb. I really like this kid and would be tickled if we get him. Tremendous run blocker and I think did not give up a sack. Has played LT but will be a RT in the Pros. We have all been pimping Kyle Calloway for months now. Bulaga and Calloway would set the O line up for a long time to come.

4a. A.J. Edds OLB / 6'4" / 245 lb. Disciplined player that knows how to tackle. Is ofter asked to cover a WR in coverage. I think he will be a better pro that Angerer. OLB cover is needed and picking up one who is not suspect in coverage is a bonus

4b. Pat Angerer ILB / 6'0" / 235 lb. Iowa plays him all over the Field. They like to blitz him, and drop him into coverage. I think he lead Iowa in ints. last year. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Combine will be very important to him. Another guy whose name keeps popping up in our war room. Looks like a good replacement down the line for Farrior

Clayborn has already stayed that he will be coming back to Iowa next year. GIve him another year at Iowa to put on a few more pounds and he looks like he is made for the 3-4 DE role

http://http://gazetteonline.com/sports/2009/12/21/clayborn-staying-in-school-sitting-out-the-nfl-draft LINK TO CLAYBORN STAYING AT SCHOOL

5. Dace Richardson OG / 6'6" / 305 lb. Dace has had a lot of trouble staying health, but has show this year that moving him to OG was a good Idea. Made all Big Ten this year. competition at the guard spot is definitely needed

6 . Tony Moeaki TE / 6'3" / 255 lb. Another player that has had trouble staying health, even missed 2 games this year. Showed this year the talent that he has. Runs well, and I think is one of the best receiving TE in the nation. If not for his injury's would most likely be a 2ND round pick. I think he is worth a gamble, I think a couple other teams will agree. a deadset steal in the 6th. this guy is a quality TE and whoever lands him is really going to be rubbing their hands together knowing that has stolen a good one, Teamed with Heath Big Ben could have a field day in the middle of the zone

UDFA
Brett Morse / FB
Christian Ballard / DE

Great Job Texas. Love the depth that the O line would instantly have with this draft. Two high quality OT's that would have a couple of guys worried.

The O line in 2012 would look something like

LT Bulaga
LG Urbik
C Legursky
RG Foster
RT Calloway

Looks like we are stuck with Tyrone Carter for a little longer if we draft IOWA style. However we could always dip into Free agency to rectify that .

:thumbsup:

Dylan
12-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Well, PSU is my homer team, and all in all, a nice job Dylan. :applaudit:

A couple guys I might have put in...

Mickey Shuler, or Andrew Quarless TE
Chris Colisanti LB
Jeremy Boone P

oh man i was thinking i forgot somebody and i did....i forgot all about quarless...thanks for picking up on that

Texasteel
12-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Very Nice Tex. :thmbup:

A couple guys on my list here...

Ricky Stanzi QB - He'll probably stay, no? I know he was hurt.
Dan Doering OG - What's his status? Good prospect earlier.
Rafael Eubanks C - And him? He had some hype earlier in the year.

Ricky will be back, I am sure of that.

Doering has had a solid years, but never was quite what we hoped for. After he broke his wrist last year he just didn't seem to be able to get Vandervelde out of the picture. By the way Vandervelde is one to watch next year. Doering will probably go in the 6th round area.

Eubanks has had a fine year but may have profited from playing on an extremely good line. He was selected 2nd team all Big Ten. Still not sure where he would fall in the draft, but I think we have a backup center, and one on the practice squad that may be a little better. He isn't very big at 280.

Texasteel
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Looks like we are stuck with Tyrone Carter for a little longer if we draft IOWA style. However we could always dip into Free agency to rectify that .

:thumbsup:

I think Iowa best safety is Tyler Sash, and he's a sophomore.

devilsdancefloor
12-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Purdue is my homer team ( I know I know they scream power house)

Round 1 - Ryan Kerrigan (Junior) 6’4” 263lbs Defensive End
No stop motor lead Big 10 with 13 sacks & had 18.5 TFL

Round 2 - Mike Neal (Senior) 6’4” 302lbs Defensive Tackle
Very strong and has good footwork has desire to win and takes on leadership roles

Round 3 – Zach Jones – (Senior) 6’5” 312lbs Offensive Tackle
Can play LT,RT & LG (former walk-on)

Round 4 – Jason Werner – (Senior) 6’4” 221lbs Inside Linebacker
Great speed & can cover underneath pass routes

Round 5 – Jared Zwilling – (Senior) 6’4” 293lbs Center
Very physical very good work ethic can also play guard (started his career as a DT)

Round 6- Torre Williams (Senior) 6’2” 208lbs CB/FS
Good speed & cover skills

Round 7 – Jarrod Shaw FB (Senior) 5-11 221lbs FB
Unselfish and loves to hit was a former LB

UDFA
Jeff Lindsey – TE 6’3” 238lbs Very physical Blocker (Junior)
David Pender – CB 6’1” 175lbs

Texasteel
12-23-2009, 05:41 AM
I'm afraid I haven't seen Purdue much at all this year. I do know a little about a couple of the names though. Nice job DDF.

revefsreleets
12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I'll do this with my TWO favorite teams, although the cupboard is a little empty at Akron for draft prospects.

SteelMember
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Ok, since PSU was already done, and I have all this info... :chuckle:

I'll take UGA as my homer away from homer.

Round 1 - Reshad Jones 6'2" 215 SS, size. speed. tackles. picks. UGA's #1 prospect
Round 2 - Rennie Curran 5'11" 225 LB, good speed, tackles well. tenacity.
Round 3 - Jeff Owens 6'3" 300 DT, gap stuffer. Possibly blow him up for a NT.
Round 4a - Clint Boling 6'5" 304 OT, played well at LT. also experience at RG/RT
Round 4b - Geno Atkins 6'1" 290 DT, good DE possibility
Round 4c - Trinton Sturdivant 6'5" 306 OT, injury questions, but he had LT talent.
Round 5 - Darryl Gamble 6'2" 250 LB, smart, sam lb that could move to mike for us.
Round 6 - Michael Moore 6'2" 210 WR, smart player w/ low numbers, but good talent
Round 7 - Prince Miller 5'8" 198 CB, smaller cb, but can tackle. Also returns punts

UFA - Roderick Battle 6'4" 259 DE, injuries as of late, possible OLB for us.
UFA - Shaun Chapas 6'2" 245 FB, hback type w/ good hands. also can returns kicks.
UFA - Bryan Evans 5'11" 190 FS, converted cb. smaller frame, but likes contact.

revefsreleets
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Based on Steelers needs as much as actual order these guys will be selected...

OSU/Akron Zips
1 Cam Heyward- DE With Hood, we have youth and athleticism for the next ten years
2. Justin Boren- G Nasty run blocker with tons of bad attitude
3. Chimdi Chekwa- CB Gay needs upgraded
4. Thad Gibson –OLB Not a huge need, but I had to put someone here
5. Brandon Saine- RB VERY Fast and strong, can do it all, injuries have plagued him
6. Dane Sanzenbacher- WR Not sure if he can cut it the next level but it’s the 6th Rd.
7. Andre Jones (Akron)- KR/PR/WR/DB- I think his “position” is all the description he needs. Last guy I saw like this was Zip and now NY Giant Domenick Hixon.

Texasteel
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Round 1 - Reshad Jones 6'2" 215 SS, size. speed. tackles. picks. UGA's #1 prospect
Round 4a - Clint Boling 6'5" 304 OT, played well at LT. also experience at RG/RT
Round 4c - Trinton Sturdivant 6'5" 306 OT, injury questions, but he had LT talent.
Round 5 - Darryl Gamble 6'2" 250 LB, smart, sam lb that could move to mike for us.
Round 6 - Michael Moore 6'2" 210 WR, smart player w/ low numbers, but good talent
Round 7 - Prince Miller 5'8" 198 CB, smaller cb, but can tackle. Also returns punts

UFA - Shaun Chapas 6'2" 245 FB, hback type w/ good hands. also can returns kicks.

I like this bud. Getting Owens and Atkins both suits me fine, and I've had an eye on Jones for a while now. :thumbsup:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-23-2009, 01:39 PM

OSU/Akron Zips
1 Cam Heyward- DE With Hood, we have youth and athleticism for the next ten years
5. Brandon Saine- RB VERY Fast and strong, can do it all, injuries have plagued him
6. Dane Sanzenbacher- WR Not sure if he can cut it the next level but it’s the 6th Rd.
7. Andre Jones (Akron)- KR/PR/WR/DB- I think his “position” is all the description he needs. Last guy I saw like this was Zip and now NY Giant Domenick Hixon.

What do you think about Ray Small landing in the late rounds or as an UDFA? I realize he has had diciplinary problems(think he is missing the Rose Bowl for breaking a team rule) and he seems to have been on Tressel's bad side since going to Columbus but the kid can run. I think depending on his pro day and combine numbers he could slip into a late round as a slot guy or returner.

Also, heres just a couple of more names from OSU who could draw some intrest:

Ross Homan - Jr. OLB. 6-1 229
Brian Rolle - Jr. ILB. 5-11 221 (A bit small for an interior backer I think)
Kurt Coleman - Sr. S. 5-11 188
Aaron Petry - Sr. K. 6-2 199 (Could be one of top kickers in the draft if not for injury)
Devon Torrence - Jr. CB. 6-1 193 (Might be a decent nickle or dime guy)

SteelMember
12-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I like this bud. Getting Owens and Atkins both suits me fine, and I've had an eye on Jones for a while now. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Tex.

I realize there are probably too many D guys in this scenerio, but I tried to keep myself honest with guys that have the best possible chance to get drafted while approximating the best round scenerio I could.

If the idea is to make the Steelers better, I think these are the best UGA has to offer.

Unfortunately, last year cleared out a lot of talent. Especially on offense, (Moreno, Stafford) leaving most of that talent to underclassmen. I would be drooling to put a guy like A.J. Green - WR on this list, but he's only a sophmore. Next year though. :chuckle:

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Purdue is my homer team ( I know I know they scream power house)

Round 1 - Ryan Kerrigan (Junior) 6’4” 263lbs Defensive End
Round 2 - Mike Neal (Senior) 6’4” 302lbs Defensive Tackle
Round 3 – Zach Jones – (Senior) 6’5” 312lbs Offensive Tackle
Round 4 – Jason Werner – (Senior) 6’4” 221lbs Inside Linebacker
Round 5 – Jared Zwilling – (Senior) 6’4” 293lbs Center
Round 6- Torre Williams (Senior) 6’2” 208lbs CB/FS
Round 7 – Jarrod Shaw FB (Senior) 5-11 221lbs FB
UDFA
Jeff Lindsey – TE 6’3” 238lbs Very physical Blocker (Junior)
David Pender – CB 6’1” 175lbs

Great job DDF. Loads of balance in the picks from the Boilermakers. Still eternally gratefull to purdue for one of the greatest steelers ever - Rod "is god" Woodson.

You beat me to it Steelmember - the next mock I was going to do was Georgia.
I think they contain some players on D that have steeler written all over them.

Love the first 3 picks. I really like Rennie Curran. I have caught him a few times and I think he could shift to SS for us early on to play the similar role to Troy. He is a PLAYER. Jones is a stud and would be an awesome addition.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great job everybody

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2009, 04:26 PM

OSU/Akron Zips

Great combo mock Rev. Heyward would almost allow Ziggy to sit at the buffet with Casey for a year to buld up to be our new NT. Harris, Hood and Heyward would be a great D line.

:thumbsup: LIke your 7th round pick. sounds like a great combo player

revefsreleets
12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
I purposely left Coleman off the list and only one person has noticed it so far.:sofunny:

As to the question about Small, i think he's Ted Ginn lite, and in the worst way. He's not quite as talented, but loaded with attitude. Unless you're the Bengals, I'd stay away from him...he definitely has the potential to snort up a pound of coke and shoot up a titty bar with a .50 caliber at 4AM if you know what I mean....

Texasteel
12-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I purposely left Coleman off the list and only one person has noticed it so far.:sofunny:

As to the question about Small, i think he's Ted Ginn lite, and in the worst way. He's not quite as talented, but loaded with attitude. Unless you're the Bengals, I'd stay away from him...he definitely has the potential to snort up a pound of coke and shoot up a titty bar with a .50 caliber at 4AM if you know what I mean....

Just because no one said anything doesn't mean no one noticed.

MasterOfPuppets
12-23-2009, 07:03 PM
1 bruce campbell - will be a better tackle than starks or colon.

thats all the terps have....:noidea:

they have a good fullback, but a true fullback don't fit the idiots system...:doh:

SteelMember
12-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Just because no one said anything doesn't mean no one noticed.

I honestly didn't even look at it, but it's not like they have anyone else. I do like Boren, also.

Well, maybe a few reaches he missed
Taylor Price WR, or Doug Worthington DE

but who cares. It's not about calling people out.

tony hipchest
12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
well i called steelers taking nmsu aggie, derrick richardson, last year as an udfa.

lightning will not strike twice.

unm lobo, glover quin, has done alright with the texans as a rookie, but the lobos completely suck balls this year.

i got nothing.

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I honestly didn't even look at it, but it's not like they have anyone else. I do like Boren, also.

Well, maybe a few reaches he missed
Taylor Price WR, or Doug Worthington DE

but who cares. It's not about calling people out.

That is the true spirit of this thread.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudo's to you steelmember and everyone else so far. We may need to put Tony, MOP and a few others together to come up with a complete homer mock.

Campbell is a goodone MOP. I would have him in black and gold.

revefsreleets
12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
That is the true spirit of this thread.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kudo's to you steelmember and everyone else so far. We may need to put Tony, MOP and a few others together to come up with a complete homer mock.

Campbell is a goodone MOP. I would have him in black and gold.

I have Steelmember in ignore, but saw the quote.

Taylor Price plays for Ohio, NOT Ohio State.

Cam Heyward is "nobody"? He's projected as a first rounder. Coleman will be selected early, maybe on the first day. There will probably be another 3-5 players drafted. So I think it's a little off to say that the Buckeyes "Don't have anyone else".
That's part of the reason i employ the ignore feature so regularly now...

Aussie_steeler
12-29-2009, 01:46 AM
Cam Heyward is "nobody"? He's projected as a first rounder. Coleman will be selected early, maybe on the first day. There will probably be another 3-5 players drafted.

I for one an looking forward to the rose bowl to see the matchups between Ohio State and Oregon. Heyward and Coleman are definitely two of interest for me.

Will also be closely looking at Aaron Pettrey's efforts. he has to be one of only a few kickers who would be considered if Jeff Reed is not resigned.

revefsreleets
12-29-2009, 08:50 AM
I for one an looking forward to the rose bowl to see the matchups between Ohio State and Oregon. Heyward and Coleman are definitely two of interest for me.

Will also be closely looking at Aaron Pettrey's efforts. he has to be one of only a few kickers who would be considered if Jeff Reed is not resigned.

Another good point...the Buckeyes consistently produce solid kickers, and they kick in all kinds of conditions, which is ideal for Heinz Field. Their punter this year was uncharacteristically mediocre this year, though....

SteelMember
12-29-2009, 01:46 PM
So I think it's a little off to say that the Buckeyes "Don't have anyone else".

hook, line and sinker... :sofunny: