PDA

View Full Version : Bears-Ravens moved to 4:15 start

Crow-Magnon
12-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Due to am impending Nor'easter winter storm with accumulations of anywhere from 12" to 24" to 36" to (I swear, I heard this on one site) 48" of snow tomorrow into Sunday, the City of Baltimore requested the Ravens to move the start time of the Bears-Ravens game from 1:00 to 4:15 PM.

Normally people behave like a female pudenda around here when it snows 2", but this could be a major mofo.

GutterflowerSteel
12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
It's here - I'm in Carroll Co., MD @ my b/f's house - and it's coming down - not supposed to stop til tomorrow night. Local weather says we should expect 16-20 inches!

Moving the Ravens game to 4 is going to bump the Steelers/Packers game from the local stations :banging: I need to fnd a link to watch it online :mad: DAMN IT!

Sharkissle29
12-19-2009, 03:25 AM
It's here - I'm in Carroll Co., MD @ my b/f's house - and it's coming down - not supposed to stop til tomorrow night. Local weather says we should expect 16-20 inches!

Moving the Ravens game to 4 is going to bump the Steelers/Packers game from the local stations :banging: I need to fnd a link to watch it online :mad: DAMN IT!

this didnt even cross my mind.

now instead of watching the steelers, ill have to watch the damn bears game

Preacher
12-19-2009, 05:29 AM
Bump

Galax Steeler
12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I just checked and I am still going to be able to get the Steelers game thank god.

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2009, 09:06 AM

If I ever moved to Pittsburgh or another area away from the Baltimore region, I'd have the NFL Sunday Ticket so fast it would make my head spin!

I feel for you. It's gotta blow to be getting ready to watch a big game for your team and then have it pre-empted because they moved the start time of the local team's game.

GutterflowerSteel
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
I've got Sunday Ticket at home - but my b/f lives closer to Baltimore, so the Ravens games always take precedence. He's a Redskins fan, so it pisses him off - I keep telling him he needs to get Sunday Ticket, too :blah:

The local news just said that the Chicago Bears might have trouble getting a flight to Baltimore.

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2009, 12:17 PM
I've got Sunday Ticket at home - but my b/f lives closer to Baltimore, so the Ravens games always take precedence. He's a Redskins fan, so it pisses him off - I keep telling him he needs to get Sunday Ticket, too :blah:

The local news just said that the Chicago Bears might have trouble getting a flight to Baltimore.

This is total BS! Like the Bears didn't know a major snowstorm was coming two days ago? Why wait until late in the evening when the snow is flying to try and get out when they could have left at 5:00 PM local and been asleep in their hotel when it started snowing?

Watch Goodell eff the Ravens again like he did last year with the Texans game. Instead of postponing that game right from go due to the hurricane, he waits until the last minute, thereby effing Baltimore out of their bye week.

Whatta douchebag he is. No wonder he wants to play in London. Not too many tropical stors or blizzards across the pond.

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 12:29 PM
This is total BS! Like the Bears didn't know a major snowstorm was coming two days ago? Why wait until late in the evening when the snow is flying to try and get out when they could have left at 5:00 PM local and been asleep in their hotel when it started snowing?

Watch Goodell eff the Ravens again like he did last year with the Texans game. Instead of postponing that game right from go due to the hurricane, he waits until the last minute, thereby effing Baltimore out of their bye week.

Whatta douchebag he is. No wonder he wants to play in London. Not too many tropical stors or blizzards across the pond.

Yeah, I have to agree here. They should have flown to Baltimore yesterday afternoon or evening. If they can't get in today, the least they can do is re-schedule it for tomorrow night or Monday night. I'm sure they'd have the runways at the airport cleared enough for them to get in tomorrow morning.

Steelboy84
12-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Hope the Bears can pull it out.

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank god for Steelers bars in Chicago, cause my day on the sofa just changed to a bar!

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-19-2009, 02:41 PM

The poor Ravens.. I mean, they would never ever try to change an NFL schedule to their advantage. Oh snap.. They did that already this year by declining Game 1 in Pittsburgh, in essence making the NFL reschedule the entire year all over... GLASS HOUSES>> LOL!

Crow-Magnon
12-19-2009, 04:38 PM
The poor Ravens.. I mean, they would never ever try to change an NFL schedule to their advantage. Oh snap.. They did that already this year by declining Game 1 in Pittsburgh, in essence making the NFL reschedule the entire year all over... GLASS HOUSES>> LOL!

Yeah, they did that one day prior to the season opener. :blah:

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah, they did that one day prior to the season opener. :blah:

One day? C'mon, They bitched about it in March prior to the announcement of the schedule.

Wahh Wahh... LOL

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
http://nickfruscello.blogspot.com/2009/03/ravens-afraid-of-steelers.html

This was in March when the Ravens started Whining.

Crow-Magnon
12-20-2009, 12:14 PM
One day? C'mon, They bitched about it in March prior to the announcement of the schedule.

Wahh Wahh... LOL

That's point. If they had bitched about it ONE DAY prior and had it changed, then you'd have a valid comparison.

No matter, the Bears made it in last night. They'll be off their game and that will be that.

Crow-Magnon
12-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Man.......Cutler SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

The Broncos look like genius for dumping that sack of ess!!!

Angus Burgher
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah, Cutler is horrible. I can't believe I supported this guy in the whole Cutler/McDaniels feud. I still think McDaniels is a douche, but Cutler might go down as one of the biggest free agency busts in NFL history. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears released him. I know that some of his picks are due to having poor WRs, but there are plenty of them that are ALL his fault. I feel bad for Bears fans. I think that they thought Cutler would bring about the second coming of the legendary '85 Bears. 'Fraid not.

4xSBChamps
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
... Cutler might go down as one of the biggest free agency busts in NFL history...

the 'Jeff George' of this generation

Angus Burgher
12-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Looks like the Baltimore Sun agrees, lol...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/five_things_we_learned_in_the_ravens_317_win_over_ the_bears.html

Jay Cutler might be the secret spawn of former Colts quarterback Jeff George. I'm not even sure this is a joke. Wikipedia tells me George is age 42 and Cutler is 26, so it actually makes sense if you're willing to gloss over some stuff like, oh, DNA testing. They're both from Indiana, and both strong-armed, knuckle-headed, franchise-killing quarterbacks. Bear with me for a second, because I'm going to throw out a theory that's totally made up and 100 percent untrue.

What if, at age 16, a young, ****y, mustachioed Jeff George got a young lady preggers behind an Indiana Tasty Freeze. (If John Cougar Mellancamp songs have taught us anything, it's that short-wearing-hotties in Indiana will hook up with you when you're 16 behind the Tasty Freeze shade tree as long as you can do a credible James Dean impression and you have enough money to buy the chili dogs.) Then, because a love-child would be a disaster for an up-and-coming golden boy athlete like George, Cutler was hidden from George -- sort of like in the Star Wars trilogy, except in this case Darth Vader's kid also has a bad temper and can't read coverages -- so he could go on living his life, never quite figuring out how to make his million-dollar arm overcome his 10-cent brain during his NFL career. And then, years later, the son also rises.

That's the best way I can explain it. I'm calling for TMZ to start pushing this story immediately. In all seriousness, Cutler is either the worst good quarterback of his generation, or the best bad quarterback of his generation, just like George. The resemblance has become too much to ignore. At this point, all he needs is a mustache. Even Brian Billick was pointing it out during the broadcast. (The dumb reads, not the lack of mustache.) Cutler has a complete Howitzer for an arm. It's as strong as anyone's in the league. But he throws off his back foot constantly, he makes clueless reads in double and triple coverage, and he has horrendous body language and mechanics.

Everyone who destroyed Josh McDaniels for shopping Cutler the minute he arrived in Denver should probably pen the coach a handwritten apology. All year the Ravens have been getting picked apart by strong-armed quarterbacks, but this was just dreadful. I know Bears fans think the offensive line is partially to blame this year -- and in fairness, they've had a lot of injuries -- and that Cutler's receivers are horrible, but that is just delaying the inevitable reality. His quarterback rating (after going 10-of-27 for 94 yards and three INTs) was 7.9 against the Ravens. Seriously, I don't know exactly how that formula works, but I'm pretty certain they spot you six points just for having your name spelled correctly on the back of your jersey.

4xSBChamps
12-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Looks like the Baltimore Sun agrees, lol...

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/12/five_things_we_learned_in_the_ravens_317_win_over_ the_bears.html

They're both from Indiana, and both strong-armed, knuckle-headed, franchise-killing quarterbacks.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/PerryMason.jpg

"..... I have no-further questions for this witness, Your Honor....."