View Full Version : WR Sweed leads list of Steelers' inactives

mesaSteeler
12-19-2009, 12:33 AM
WR Sweed leads list of Steelers' inactives
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_658557.html#
By John Harris
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, December 19, 2009

Steelers second-year WR Limas Sweed, who did not practice all week because of illness, has been ruled out for this weekend's game against Green Bay at Heinz Field.

S Troy Polamalu (knee) and G Chris Kemoeatu (wrist) were ruled out against the Packers earlier in the week.

Tyrone Carter will make his fifth consecutive start in place of Polamalu, who hasn't played since Nov. 15 against Cincinnati. Rookie Ramon Foster will start for Kemoeatu for the second time this season.

According to ESPN.com, more than a dozen Steelers are in contention to earn a spot in the Jan. 31 Pro Bowl at Dolphin Stadium in South Florida based on the latest fan voting. They are: Polamalu (first) 347,418 votes; OLB James Harrison ( first) 225,186 votes; ILB James Farrior (second) 135,311 votes; DT Casey Hampton (second) 215,587 votes; Kemoeatu (second) 156,070 votes; C Justin Hartwig ( second) 141,907 votes; P Daniel Sepulveda (second) 78,094 votes; S Ryan Clark ( third) 71,132 votes; QB Ben Roethlisberger (third) 459,469 votes; TE Heath Miller (third) 208,600 votes; FB Carey Davis (fourth) 70,230 votes; K Jeff Reed (fourth) 63,538 votes; CB Ike Taylor (fifth) 100,066 votes; DE Brett Keisel (fifth) 99,994 votes; KR Stefan Logan (fifth) 44,231 votes. Voting ends Dec. 21, and the AFC and NFL teams will be announced Dec. 29. The votes from fans, players and coaches each count for one-third in determining the rosters.

DIGITS

Dec. 6, 1970 Green Bay's last win in Pittsburgh.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 12:49 AM
all right...

who the hell has been voting for carey davis? :doh:

Glace
12-19-2009, 01:07 AM
Pretty solid breakdown of the most retarded fans....Why is Ike Taylor or Carey Davis even on that list? And Logan has been an improvement for us...but really???

7willBheaven
12-19-2009, 01:20 AM
There are people who vote for any Steeler no matter what, so yeah...thats why Davis and such are there.

Spidey
12-19-2009, 01:47 AM
Farrior wtf!

Preacher
12-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Farrior wtf!

Funny how one bad game will change everyone's opinion.

steelreserve
12-19-2009, 04:16 AM
... and here I thought this was supposed to be Sweed's big chance to step up. :chuckle:

I really don't understand how Polamalu is in first place. The guy's awesome, but come on, he's hardly played this year. Farrior is also kind of puzzling.

I mean, I'm not stupid, so it's not a mystery WHY, but really, fat, drunk, and blatantly stuffing the ballot box is no way to go through life, son.

Rick5895
12-19-2009, 05:25 AM
... and here I thought this was supposed to be Sweed's big chance to step up. :chuckle:

I really don't understand how Polamalu is in first place. The guy's awesome, but come on, he's hardly played this year. Farrior is also kind of puzzling.

I mean, I'm not stupid, so it's not a mystery WHY, but really, fat, drunk, and blatantly stuffing the ballot box is no way to go through life, son.

I think it's because of the head and shoulders commercials. :chuckle:

BigBen'sSwagger
12-19-2009, 06:52 AM
That's to bad I really wanted to see Sweed on the field not because I am sold that he is a good player but because I am more convinced he is not and want to see if we should keep or cut him. Point being if he can play lets see it in then next 3 games and if he can't cut him loose.

As for the pro bowl who cares??? It is a joke of a game anyway why should the voting be any different. Love how that game is going to be on before the Superbowl...Godel is an idiot and his ploy reeks of something Jerry Jones would do.

Preacher...Farrior has missed tackles in more than one game and late in coverage in others. I like the guy but his play this year is not up to par, and has lead to many wondering if his done for.

Glace...Yep Logan is decent for us but not a Josh Cribbs. He is 5th so he's not a real threat to make it, but you never know.

WH
12-19-2009, 07:01 AM
That's to bad I really wanted to see Sweed on the field not because I am sold that he is a good player but because I am more convinced he is not and want to see if we should keep or cut him. Point being if he can play lets see it in then next 3 games and if he can't cut him loose.

I'll be willing to guess that Limas Sweed will be to Mike Tomlin as Mike Vrabel was to Bill Cowher. Sweed will be dumped, picked up by another team, and become amazing.

I don't want this to happen, but, by the looks of it....

BigBen'sSwagger
12-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I'll be willing to guess that Limas Sweed will be to Mike Tomlin as Mike Vrabel was to Bill Cowher. Sweed will be dumped, picked up by another team, and become amazing.

I don't want this to happen, but, by the looks of it....

The sad thing is, at least what we are being told, it's not like he has a poor work ethic or even a bad attitude. if he could catch a pass he would be leathal.

Hey wait a minute...why not convert him to a DB he could be like Ike...Hmmm it's worth a try and that way we don't lose him.

Galax Steeler
12-19-2009, 08:06 AM
It is just hard to believe as good as Sweed played in college and all of the good catches he made he can't catch on in the nfl.:banging:

WH
12-19-2009, 08:31 AM
It is just hard to believe as good as Sweed played in college and all of the good catches he made he can't catch on in the nfl.:banging:

even if it is a spelling mistake, it's a very funny pun.

Shoes
12-19-2009, 10:40 AM
all right...

must be that new generation of steeler fans :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 11:25 AM
anyone know where kuhn is in the nfc voting?

KartSteel
12-19-2009, 11:50 AM
To me it makes sense that Troy is in the Probowl. He is the best safety in the NFL, bar none. When he plays, he makes a huge difference to the Steelers. The games that he has played, he has made at least one game changing play. I think people realize, yeah, he's injured but that doesn't take away the fact that he is the best safety in the league.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-19-2009, 12:46 PM
anyone know where kuhn is in the nfc voting?

Kuhn has recieved all 4,367,231,089 votes to the Paragon Bowl...and will not be available for the Pro Bowl. He sent his regrets.

zulater
12-19-2009, 01:03 PM
all right...

Think that's bad, check out how Raiders fans have been stuffing the ballot box in the fans Hall of Fame vote. :doh:

zulater
12-19-2009, 01:08 PM
The sad thing is, at least what we are being told, it's not like he has a poor work ethic or even a bad attitude. if he could catch a pass he would be leathal.

Hey wait a minute...why not convert him to a DB he could be like Ike...Hmmm it's worth a try and that way we don't lose him.

I like it, I like it! :thumbsup: I think Limas suffers from performance anxiety, the ability is there. I think he'd feel a lot less pressure on that side of the line.

It's a damn shame though the guy has such a hard time catching the ball as a wideout. I think he gets the best seperation of any receiver we have. If he could only catch the damn ball. :doh:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-19-2009, 01:30 PM
This is why fans should not be a part of Pro Bowl voting.

zulater
12-19-2009, 01:34 PM
This is why fans should not be a part of Pro Bowl voting.

The Pro bowl is a joke anyway. And it's going to be a bigger joke this year being played the week before the Super bowl, which of course eliminates participants from either conference's best team.

Nadroj 20
12-19-2009, 01:45 PM
The Pro bowl is a joke anyway. And it's going to be a bigger joke this year being played the week before the Super bowl, which of course eliminates participants from either conference's best team.

Agreed 100 % i really cant remember when i sat down and watched the entire game....ive never got into it at all.

WH
12-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I like it, I like it! :thumbsup: I think Limas suffers from performance anxiety, the ability is there. I think he'd feel a lot less pressure on that side of the line.

It's a damn shame though the guy has such a hard time catching the ball as a wideout. I think he gets the best seperation of any receiver we have. If he could only catch the damn ball. :doh:

What makes it even more maddening is that he doesn't even get put in games. His entire NFL career with the Steelers has been judged on, i think, less than 15 targets.

Gnutella
12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
The only possible explanation for Ike Taylor, Cary Davis and Stefan Logan receiving any Pro Bowl votes are straight-ticket voters. You know that guy who lives in PA-12, gets called a "racist redneck" by his representative, and votes him back in anyway? Same guy.

Psyychoward86
12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
lolProbowl.

Obviously it's always nice to see your own players in there and get recognition but the probowl is an annual joke. Carey Davis, Ike Taylor, James Farrior all havent played anywhere near up to par. I don't think Clark or Reed should be taken as candidates either. Troy, Harrison, and Kemo are the only ones i would absoloutley give the thumbs up to.

But oh wait, it's the Lolprobowl

Gnutella
12-19-2009, 04:06 PM
If Roethlisberger makes it to the Pro Bowl, he should forfeit to Philip Rivers.

zulater
12-19-2009, 06:02 PM
If Roethlisberger makes it to the Pro Bowl, he should forfeit to Philip Rivers.

Each conference takes 3 quarterbacks. Manning and Brady are practically automatics even though Brady's qualifications this year are debatable. Rivers figures to be the 3rd AFC qb. But being as the SB representative wont be allowed to send players to the game you figure Rivers or Manning will be scratched. So the AFC's 3rd quarterback will probably either be Ben or Matt Shaub. Ben will get more fan votes and has a higher recogniction factor with other voters as well, so I think the smart money would be on him. So deserved or not, unless Ben has a total meltdown the last 3 games he'll probably be in Miami if he so choses to go.

In a perfect world the AFC's 3 quarterbacks would be. 1. Peyton Manning 2. Philip Rivers 3. Whoever finishes strongest between Ben, Matt Shaub, and Tom Brady.

NEPAsteeler
12-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Carey Davis should definitely not be on there (he literally hasn't done anything).

James Farrior and Ike Taylor are having down years.

I love Troy, but he's barely played this year.

Everyone else has atleast helped us is some way this year.

That's just my opinion.