PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 wish list

Steel Glory
12-19-2009, 01:16 AM
If you could have any 10 players in this year's draft who would they be in ranked order?

Mine?

1. Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
2. Ndakumong Suh, DE, Nebraska (Probably spelled wrong)
3. Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
4. Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
5. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
6. Earl Thomas, FS, Texas
7. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
8. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
9. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
10. CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

Alright now what are yours? :tt02:

Mr. Goosemahn
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM
1. Ndamukong Suh - DT/DE - Nebraska
2. Eric Berry - S - Tennessee
3. Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
4. Joe Haden - CB - Florida
5. Taylor Mays - S - USC
6. Russell Okung - T - Oklahoma State
7. C.J. Spiller - RB - Clemson
8. Terrence Cody - NT - Alabama
9. Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
10. Earl Thomas - S - Texas

Aussie_steeler
12-21-2009, 04:04 PM
1. Ndamukong Suh - DT/DE - Nebraska
2. Eric Berry - S - Tennessee
3. Joe Haden - CB - Florida
4. Rolando McClain - ILB - Alabama
5. Russell Okung - T - Oklahoma State
6. Bryan Bulaga - T - Iowa
7. Dez Bryant - WR Oklahoma State
8. Jerry Hughes - OLB TCU
9. Mike Iupati - OG Idaho
10. Maurkice Pouncey - OC / OT Florida

Dylan
12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
1. Eric Berry-Safety-Tennessee
2. Gerald McCoy-Defensive Tackle-Oklahoma
3. Joe Haden-Cornerback-Florida
4. Rolando McClain-Inside Linebacker- Alabama
5. Anthony Davis-Offensive Tackle-Rutgers
6. Russell Okung-Offensive Tackle-Oklahoma State
7. Taylor Mays-Safety-USC
8. Bryan Bulaga-Offensive Tackle-Iowa
9. Terrance Cody-Defensive Tackle-Alabama
10. Earl Thomas-Safety-Texas

Texasteel
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
1. Eric Berry-Safety-Tennessee
2. Gerald McCoy-Defensive Tackle-Oklahoma
3. Joe Haden-Cornerback-Florida
4. Rolando McClain-Inside Linebacker- Alabama
5. Anthony Davis-Offensive Tackle-Rutgers
6. Russell Okung-Offensive Tackle-Oklahoma State
7. Taylor Mays-Safety-USC
8. Bryan Bulaga-Offensive Tackle-Iowa
9. Terrance Cody-Defensive Tackle-Alabama
10. Earl Thomas-Safety-Texas

I believe Thomas is going back to Texas. Broke my heart as well.

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Big 12 stacks early NFL draft declaration list
December, 21, 2009
Dec 21
8:00
AM ET
Comment Email Print Share
By Tim Griffin
Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy's announcement on Friday that he will leave school early marks the third Oklahoma underclassman who plans to declare for the NFL draft in April.

McCoy joins quarterback Sam Bradford and tight end Jermaine Gresham. Bradford missed most of the 2009 season with a shoulder separation, and Gresham missed the entire season after injuring his knee in training camp.

Bradford made a formal announcement soon after his surgery was completed. And Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said earlier this season that Gresham plans to declare for the draft, despite his season-long injury.

Their departures, along with those by Kansas wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe and Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant, give the Big 12 five of the 10 players who have declared early for the draft through early Monday.

Three other players have decisions that will likely shape how the 2010 season plays out after their intentions are made known.

Texas safety Earl Thomas has said he plans to return to school. He'll have to make announcement after the Longhorns' Jan. 7 Citi BCS National Championship Game against Alabama.

Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray told Oklahoma reporters last week he's leaning toward "probably returning" for the 2010 season.

Texas A&M defensive end/linebacker Von Miller, who led the nation in sacks while playing the hybrid "Jack" pass-rushing position with the Aggies, has not made a statement if he is returning for his senior season.

With all of their major Big 12 South rivals losing players or potentially losing players to the draft, it appears that Texas Tech might be the biggest beneficiary heading into next season.

These decisions will be critical in how the upcoming season transpires for Big 12 teams. But it already appears that the early additions to the draft should give the Big 12 a good chance to break the conference's record of seven first-round NFL draft picks set last season.
http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/tag/_/name/earl-thomas

MasterOfPuppets
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
flip flop ....:chuckle:

Texas Could Lose Earl Thomas to NFL

ORLANDO -- Senior quarterback Colt McCoy might not be the only No. 12 the Texas Longhorns lose to the National Football League after their national championship game next month against Alabama.

Sophomore safety Earl Thomas, who wears the No. 12 on the defensive side of the ball, could be close behind McCoy in the NFL draft.

Although Thomas said last week that he planned to return next season, he changed his tune Wednesday night after arriving in Orlando for Thursday's College Football Awards show.

He is one of three finalists for the Jim Thorpe Award, given annually to the best defensive back in college football. The other finalists are Eric Berry of Tennessee and Joe Haden of Florida.

Thomas is a third-year sophomore, who is draft eligible and finishing a better-than-expected season that has propelled him up the mock draft boards.

"Obviously, you come to college to put yourself in position to make money. If I'm projected (in the draft) where I want to be projected, I'll go forward and try to play on Sundays (in the NFL),'' he said. "I'll just have to see how my grade report comes back. Yes, I'm hearing good things.''

The status of Thomas has been rising in the last few weeks, and he has been projected as a late first-round pick on some of the draft boards.

He said Wednesday that a first-round projection likely would prompt him to leave school. He also said a second-round or later projection likely would keep him in school another year.

The loss of Thomas would be blow to the defense plans of the Longhorns and somewhat of a surprise to the coaching staff, who had expected him back.

Going into the national championship game, Thomas has recorded 71 tackles and eight interceptions, with two returned for touchdowns. Scouts have projected him at both safety and cornerback.

"Everyone wants to leave on top, and we've got the chance to do that now. We're ready for the big stage,'' he said. "I don't have any doubts that I can succeed (in the NFL). It's just about where I would fall in the equation. It's not something I really want to talk about now until after the game. But it's out there.''

Steel Glory
12-24-2009, 12:04 AM
I hope the latter of your articles is true... If he comes out next year or even the year after I don't see us getting a shot at him at all, barring season ending injuries early on.

Texasteel
12-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I hope the latter of your articles is true... If he comes out next year or even the year after I don't see us getting a shot at him at all, barring season ending injuries early on.

No telling what he may do it Texas wins that game. Thats why I have quite talking about him, but if he is there. He's the one I want.

SteelersTilIDie
12-30-2009, 01:54 PM
1. Eric Berry
2. Ndamukong Suh
3. Rolando McClain
4. Russell Okung
5. Dez Bryant
6. CJ Spiller
7. Joe Haden
8. Mike Iupati
9. Anthony Davis
10. Toby Gerhart