PDA

View Full Version : Snow Storm

beSteelmyheart
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
The story of the weekend seems to be the epic snowfall that's moving up the East Coast...
Since I'm stuck in Florida & haven't seen my hometown covered in heavy snow for several years can some of the members post some snow pictures for those of us that have moved away?

T.Richardson
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
I will.. let me get a pic.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/CWEBB04_/CIMG0111.jpg

my backyard.

KeiselPower99
12-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Heck yall I gots ya beat. I have 20 inches in my yard. Ill get some pics and show them here later.

stlrtruck
12-19-2009, 05:50 PM
What is that stuff?

We've got wind and high 60's! :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2009, 07:50 PM
we've got about 15 inches so far and its not supposed to stop till mourning...:doh:

Preacher
12-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Man do I miss the snow.

Of course, It'd take one, maybe two years, and I would be missing NOT having snow.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2009, 08:20 PM
potomac river...west virginia on the left side...maryland on the right.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/6899/cfiles28557.jpg (http://img692.imageshack.us/i/cfiles28557.jpg/)

downtown cumberland.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/420/ufiles969.jpg (http://img63.imageshack.us/i/ufiles969.jpg/)

Preacher
12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
MOP...you take those?

That city pic is beautiful.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2009, 08:50 PM
MOP...you take those?

those aren't actually from this year, they're a few years old. the city pic is actually the cumberland mall. that street is closed to traffic. here's what it looks like without snow.

]http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/2644/cumberlandstreet0.jpg (http://img686.imageshack.us/i/cumberlandstreet0.jpg/)

Preacher
12-19-2009, 08:52 PM
yeah,

but did you take em?

GBMelBlount
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Speaking of snowstorms, that reminds me of the storms we had growing up in CT.

They seemed huge because we were so small.

Anyway, we had had an "Arians" brand snowblower and needless to say it sucked!!!! With that name, how could it not, right?

Wait a minute....oops, it was an "Ariens" brand snowblower, my bad.

But obviously, ANYTHING with a name even remotely similar to "Arians" would have to suck.....right?:chuckle:

Vincent
12-19-2009, 09:11 PM
MOP...you take those?

What he said.

JPPT1974
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM
It has been snowing in East TN but hasn't been laying. That could happen this weekend. You see, we have a church play over the weekend and hope it doesn't hinder it.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 10:11 PM
we've got about 15 inches so far and its not supposed to stop till mourning...:doh:my dad called from odenton about 5 hours ago bitching about it (hes been planning to drive to pittsbugh tomorrow for the holidays).

said earlier today he went out and shoveled from the front door to the truck (about 10" at that point) to clean off his ride. went in and took a nap, woke up, looked outside, and it was as if he did nothing. another 10" had fallen, and he had to shovel all over again. :chuckle:

he's not sure if he'll get out of town before monday.

i also talked to my uncle in pgh. he said its not too bad, other than not being able to see the sky. he said him and my aunt went walking down at the strip this morning during the storm, as it was peaceful and relatively quiet for a sat. morning. he said maybe 8 inches so far.

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 10:21 PM
my dad called from odenton about 5 hours ago bitching about it (hes been planning to drive to pittsbugh tomorrow for the holidays).

said earlier today he went out and shoveled from the front door to the truck (about 10" at that point) to clean off his ride. went in and took a nap, woke up, looked outside, and it was as if he did nothing. another 10" had fallen, and he had to shovel all over again. :chuckle:

he's not sure if he'll get out of town before monday.

i also talked to my uncle in pgh. he said its not too bad, other than not being able to see the sky. he said him and my aunt went walking down at the strip this morning during the storm, as it was peaceful and relatively quiet for a sat. morning. he said maybe 8 inches so far.

If they got 8 in the city, then we got around 10 out here in the South Hills. It's finally stopped snowing, but we're expecting more snow showers tonight and an additional inch or so.

pittsburghp8baller
12-19-2009, 10:25 PM
id say we had 8-10 inches by time i got off of work at 9 in the morning today, havent really checked since but it was enough to close the store i work at, so no work for me tonight!!!

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2009, 10:29 PM
I guess you guys didn't get the message about global warming. None of this happened, it all a figment of your imagination.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-20-2009, 01:02 AM
I guess you guys didn't get the message about global warming. None of this happened, it all a figment of your imagination.

I found it ironic that it snowed for only the 7th time in the last 100 years in Copenhagen where they just finished their "global warming" talks.

Shoes
12-20-2009, 01:14 AM
Here in Western Colorado (on the Grand Mesa) we get between 30 and 40 feet of total snow fall each year. Most of it between Jan-April.

Snowshoes are a must :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/WardtrailSnowShoeingOct300723.jpg

Galax Steeler
12-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Here in Western Colorado (on the Grand Mesa) we get between 30 and 40 feet of total snow fall each year. Most of it between Jan-April.

Snowshoes are a must :chuckle:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z211/vestkap/WardtrailSnowShoeingOct300723.jpg

And I complain about 15 inches :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
12-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I used to love to go out at night during a heavy snowfall & walk around-it seemed like I was the only one out & everything was so quiet..
I wish we would have heavy snow for the game, it would be a classic!
Thanks for the pics, everyone!

tony hipchest
12-22-2009, 01:06 AM
these arent from the major "noreaster" this past weekend, but from the storm we had a few weeks ago here in southern new mexico.

snow is bad for trees that still have green leaves (hundereds of trees had branches ripped off, all across town)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/028.jpg

i love my mountains-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/037.jpg

the sunsets are nice on a snowy day-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/051.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/052.jpg

MACH1
12-22-2009, 01:13 AM
^^^^^^^

You call that snow.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats a dusting.

:wink02:

Shea
12-22-2009, 01:16 AM
I envy you people that get snow and these beautiful storm systems that change the norm of what nature looks like in your lives.

I've never seen snow falling, and I've never personaly seen what beauty mother nature and her many sides can bring to a persons life in this sense. You guys are lucky.

tony hipchest
12-22-2009, 01:19 AM
^^^^^^^

You call that snow.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thats a dusting.

:wink02:

:laughing:

thats as bad as it gets around here. i call it a "dusting" (but this was one of our "once in 20 year storms" as it snowed again 3 days later). i had to drive 15 minutes the next weekend, just to take my daughter sledding. it was still 2' deep up the hill.

snow is like grandchildren. theyre nice to have visit (or to go visit), but do you really want them living with you? :chuckle:

high desert life is good. i still got my tan to boot. :thumbsup:

MACH1
12-22-2009, 01:22 AM
We have have a good three months of that crap left and I'm already tired of it.

What surprises me is you have a sled.

tony hipchest
12-22-2009, 01:30 AM
We have have a good three months of that crap left and I'm already tired of it.

What surprises me is you have a sled.

:chuckle: i live next to the largest gypsum deposit in the world. it is a sand sled.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/WhiteSands-NMFilmOffice.jpg

http://www.white-sands-new-mexico.com/

beSteelmyheart
12-22-2009, 07:14 PM
I envy you people that get snow and these beautiful storm systems that change the norm of what nature looks like in your lives.

I've never seen snow falling, and I've never personaly seen what beauty mother nature and her many sides can bring to a persons life in this sense. You guys are lucky.

When you grow up with the seasons & move away to warmer places, it still stays with you forever. For me there are some wonderful memories, but there can be a terrible homesickness also.
Where do you live?

Shea
12-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I live in California, about thirty miles north of Sacramento.

The only exceptional thing mother nature brings to my part of the world, comes during spring and fall. It unfortunately only lasts about two weeks each, and is a battle of summer coming into to knock out old man winter and vice versa.

It makes for beautiful storm clouds of amazing colors and skies as well. Usually, with intense rain storms with thunder and lightning that seize within minutes to unvail multiple rainbows and sun shining on one side with rain viewable on the other, then it will start up all over again. I love it. Just wish it lasted longer so I could have more time to just sit back and enjoy the show.

beSteelmyheart
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I live in California, about thirty miles north of Sacramento.

The only exceptional thing mother nature brings to my part of the world, comes during spring and fall. It unfortunately only lasts about two weeks each, and is a battle of summer coming into to knock out old man winter and vice versa.

It makes for beautiful storm clouds of amazing colors and skies as well. Usually, with intense rain storms with thunder and lightning that seize within minutes to unvail multiple rainbows and sun shining on one side with rain viewable on the other, then it will start up all over again. I love it. Just wish it lasted longer so I could have more time to just sit back and enjoy the show.
That sounds like Florida!
I lived in California for 6 years in the Fairfield/Vacaville area (right near Travis AFB) & only remembered one lame attempt at a real thunderstorm while living there..And before then I guess I had become jaded from seeing Florida's powerful storms every summer! But California is such a beautiful state, it's a shame that it's so expensive & so crowded with people who pretend to care about it's natural resources but really don't.

kittenfantastico76
12-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I was late to this thread (mostly because I was snowed in up in Maryland for the weekend and I was so excited to see all that snow - even if it ruined my plans with friends while home visiting!)

Master those pictures are AWESOME!!!

SteelerEmpire
12-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I think its the same one that hit around here in OKC Christmas eve. People were out doing their last minute xmas shopping and got caught in a blizzard that dropped 14 in. of snow.... the most EVER here in oklahoma city... I went out around noon and barely made it back home at 2:30. If you were still out at 3pm.... forget about it. I did get stuck in the snow about 30 ft from my drive way though. Had to leave my car there for 2 days. But there were 1000's of people that got stuck out in it and were getting buried alive in their cars... were just now able to move around in the day time, but at night the roads are just too slick with the black ice.... SUV's and Trucks were the main one's getting stuck....

kittenfantastico76
12-29-2009, 10:39 PM
I hate that I was home for the BLIZZARD OF 2009... and the one thing I forgot to pack to bring with me back to Maryland was my darn camera!!!

HometownGal
12-30-2009, 06:51 AM
I wish we'd get a huge Noreaster here in southwestern PA. Haven't had a major blizzard for 16 years and I love the snow! :banana:

We're forecasted to get our usual measly 1-3 over the next couple of days. :rolleyes:

GutterflowerSteel
12-30-2009, 10:24 PM
I hate that I was home for the BLIZZARD OF 2009... and the one thing I forgot to pack to bring with me back to Maryland was my darn camera!!!

The snow was just relentless in MD - we got about 22". The best part was I didn't have to shovel - my b/f & his son took care of that :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
The snow was just relentless in MD - we got about 22". The best part was I didn't have to shovel - my b/f & his son took care of that :thumbsup:

Sounds like a "keeper" :thumbsup:

I hope they at least got some hot chocolate out of it. :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
12-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Sounds like a "keeper" :thumbsup:

I hope they at least got some hot chocolate out of it. :chuckle:

He is :wink02: err ... they are - they're a package deal lol

I made lots of hot chocolate, homemade cornbread (none of that Jiffy stuff), eggs and bacon. I came out on the porch to tell them that breakfast was ready, and they just dropped their shovels and ran :chuckle:

tony hipchest
12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
an odd thing happened around here in So. NM. for the 4th time in a year, it snowed (a hella lot of icecaps must be melting to bring us this much snow in the desert).

yesterday morning it snowed from 4 am til noon. by that time the temp had climbed to 39 degrees, the sun came out , and it had all melted.

i was disappointed, so i had to ditch work at noon today and make the long drive (20 minutes) up to cloudcroft, to take my daughter out to play. we are at 3500 feet elevation. cloudcroft is 8500. i never knew this but cloudcroft has a larger annual snowfall than vermont or minnesota.

anyways they easilly had a fresh foot, which brings this years total to about 62 inches.

the sledding was good. i even took 2 runs. im pretty sure my daughter is about ready to graduate to an intertube, although i think i may wanna live vicariously and get her on a snowboard early.

GBMelBlount
12-30-2009, 11:29 PM
I came out on the porch to tell them that breakfast was ready, and they just dropped their shovels and ran :chuckle:

In which direction? :toofunny:

tony hipchest
12-30-2009, 11:36 PM
DAAAAAAAAMN!!! :cya:

GutterflowerSteel
12-30-2009, 11:50 PM
an odd thing happened around here in So. NM. for the 4th time in a year, it snowed (a hella lot of icecaps must be melting to bring us this much snow in the desert).

yesterday morning it snowed from 4 am til noon. by that time the temp had climbed to 39 degrees, the sun came out , and it had all melted.

i was disappointed, so i had to ditch work at noon today and make the long drive (20 minutes) up to cloudcroft, to take my daughter out to play. we are at 3500 feet elevation. cloudcroft is 8500. i never knew this but cloudcroft has a larger annual snowfall than vermont or minnesota.

anyways they easilly had a fresh foot, which brings this years total to about 62 inches.

the sledding was good. i even took 2 runs. im pretty sure my daughter is about ready to graduate to an intertube, although i think i may wanna live vicariously and get her on a snowboard early.

Snow in NM - that just doesn't seem right LOL

Towards me - I had to step aside :chuckle: They were sucking wind - that was a lot of snow to shovel. Plus they had a snowball fight, so that slowed it down a little - just two boys playing lol

BrandonCarr39
12-31-2009, 08:50 PM
The story of the weekend seems to be the epic snowfall that's moving up the East Coast...
Since I'm stuck in Florida & haven't seen my hometown covered in heavy snow for several years can some of the members post some snow pictures for those of us that have moved away?

We got snow here in North Texas yesterday, FWIW. It's rare, of course, but it's like the 2nd time in a week it happened.

Preacher
12-31-2009, 09:16 PM

:toofunny:

I'd be careful... your wife could beat you vicariously for that!! :chuckle:

devilsdancefloor
12-31-2009, 09:20 PM

i see a marble rolling pin in your future my friend and it will not be to make you biscuits:wink02:

GBMelBlount
01-03-2010, 08:31 AM
He is :wink02: err ... they are - they're a package deal lol

I made lots of hot chocolate, homemade cornbread (none of that Jiffy stuff), eggs and bacon. I came out on the porch to tell them that breakfast was ready, and they just dropped their shovels and ran :chuckle:

You know I was completely kidding about the "which direction" comeback Linda, right? I actually think that is REALLY sweet.

I am not sure my wife has ever made breakfast for me in our 12+ years of being married as that would require her getting up before me.

......apparently I forgot to put that in the fine print. :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
01-03-2010, 10:35 AM
You know I was completely kidding about the "which direction" comeback Linda, right? I actually think that is REALLY sweet.

Of course :hug:

BigBen'sSwagger
01-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Hey I've been to Cloudcroft when I was in the Air Force. Alamaguardo (sp) had a great little sub/pizza place called the "Pizza Mill Sub Factory". I think we ate there every day we were there. That was back in the mid 80's so it may not be there or even as good as it was, but I loved that food.

It was also fun to go to the white sands desert and then go up to the mountain.

BigBen'sSwagger
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
BTW haven't seen snow in a long time and thank you all for showing the pics.

And anybody living in the Burgh that wants to trade places I'm willing to trade on a permanent basis. LOL

tony hipchest
01-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Hey I've been to Cloudcroft when I was in the Air Force. Alamaguardo (sp) had a great little sub/pizza place called the "Pizza Mill Sub Factory". I think we ate there every day we were there. That was back in the mid 80's so it may not be there or even as good as it was, but I loved that food.

It was also fun to go to the white sands desert and then go up to the mountain.the pizza mill is still here (just at a different location) and the food/menu is exactly the same and just as good. i was actually thinking of ordering one for the game, today. :thumbsup:

i was sick with a stomach virus last weekend, and the only thing i felt i could eat or keep down (all other food sounded completely nasty) was their thin crust peperoni (still cut in squares). :pizza:

perhaps you remember the #16 sandwich (peperoni, hard salami, ham, provolone, baked and dripping with italian dressing)?

delicious, and still tastes as good as the first day you tried one. :drink:

Nadroj 20
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Where i live weve got about 5 inches in the last day and a half and another 5 or more is coming before the weekend.......:mad:

devilsdancefloor
01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Of course :hug:

he was hit by that rolling pin! he was actaully sitting at the computer witha ice pack oh his head typing :wink02:

BigBen'sSwagger
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
the pizza mill is still here (just at a different location) and the food/menu is exactly the same and just as good. i was actually thinking of ordering one for the game, today. :thumbsup:

i was sick with a stomach virus last weekend, and the only thing i felt i could eat or keep down (all other food sounded completely nasty) was their thin crust peperoni (still cut in squares). :pizza:

perhaps you remember the #16 sandwich (peperoni, hard salami, ham, provolone, baked and dripping with italian dressing)?

delicious, and still tastes as good as the first day you tried one. :drink:

Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. That sounds like a good sandwich but the one we got was a lot like that but it had beef, and turkey as well as all that. Sort of a kitchen sink style sandwich and you better believe it had Italian Dressing all over it.

I have been all over the place but have not had a sandwich as good as that. The closest I got was a place called "Subway Station" in Virginia. I was introduced to the owners and they always hooked me and anyone I was with up.

I hope you enjoyed your sandwich I know I am over here in Texas droolling

X-Terminator
02-04-2010, 02:39 PM
The NWS just issued a winter storm warning for Pittsburgh - big Nor'Easter headed our way. We're supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow (which means 8-14 inches out where I live)...and it's supposed to start at noon tomorrow, just in time for the afternoon rush. :doh:

Fire Haley
02-04-2010, 03:49 PM
don't forget your mittens

HometownGal
02-04-2010, 06:29 PM
The NWS just issued a winter storm warning for Pittsburgh - big Nor'Easter headed our way. We're supposed to get 6-12 inches of snow (which means 8-14 inches out where I live)...and it's supposed to start at noon tomorrow, just in time for the afternoon rush. :doh:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

LET IT SNOW! :applaudit: Thank God for snowblowers! :thumbsup: My neighbors know I'll be Janey on the Spot and take care of 'em.

From what my weather alert said, the majority of the big snow is supposed to fall in the evening and throughout Saturday. You should be able to get home before the skies let loose. :hope:

GutterflowerSteel
02-04-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm in Maryland, and we're supposed to get 16 to 24 inches starting tomorrow sometime between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. It's not supposed to stop til Saturday evening! I already told my boss that the first flake I see and I'm outta there :wave:

I went to the grocery store last night, and it was strangely subdued lol Today/tonight is a different story, according to different friends. It's a friggin' madhouse out there! I'm hunkering down @my b/f's with plenty of everything, including the last two seasons of Lost (I turned him on to it, and now he's hooked) plus the Super Bowl to look forward to. Can't wait :wink02:

Fire Haley
02-04-2010, 07:22 PM
I got my screen doors open with a 70 degree breeze blowing in....ah....you don't want to hear that...

GutterflowerSteel
02-04-2010, 07:29 PM
I got my screen doors open with a 70 degree breeze blowing in....ah....you don't want to hear that...

Must be nice - I remember the sun lol :sun:

Fire Haley
02-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Must be nice - I remember the sun lol :sun:

Dump your boyfriend

I got a chair with your name on it

http://www.ultimatebeachweddings.com/destin_beach.jpg

Polamalu Princess
02-04-2010, 07:46 PM
:celebrateI LOVE the snow - so bring it!!!! I want another blizzard of 1993. I have been waiting too long!!!:thumbsup:

Fire Haley
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I think a bikini pic in the snow is mandatory

GBMelBlount
02-04-2010, 08:10 PM
:celebrateI LOVE the snow - so bring it!!!! I want another blizzard of 1993. I have been waiting too long!!!:thumbsup:

Of course you like it. Because you don't have to shovel our damn driveway. :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
02-04-2010, 08:57 PM
It seems like the weekend of the Super Bowl every year it snows a ton around here. 3-5 tomorrow and 5-8 tomorrow night into Saturday morning.

tony hipchest
02-04-2010, 09:53 PM
we had our 6th snow last thursday, which is unheard of in my lifetime here in the desert basin. but its nothing compared to what they are getting 20 miles up the hill-

"We're predicting a 70 percent chance of between three and six inches of additional snowfall Friday night," Mead said. "Cloudcroft's Saturday total accumulation of between six and 12 is possible. There is a 50 percent chance of windy conditions."

Cloudcroft Mayor David Venable said he thought the village had about 1 1/2 feet of new snowfall from Friday's storm.

"We're just digging out of the snow," Venable said. "We have snow plows clearing streets everywhere. We've been hauling people out of snow banks and the side of the road."

He said it's been a challenge.

"We haven't had any accidents," Venable said. "We have a lot of people snowed in and unable to get out of their houses. The roads up to Cloudcroft are OK. Along Piney Woods and the bend into Cloudcroft, it gets a little slippery. Crews have kept the roads pretty clean."

He said crews continued to clear roads until 8 p.m. Friday.

"We'll take a break, then get back to clearing the roads Saturday morning," Venable said. "We kept everything up and open Friday and will be open Saturday."

He said he hasn't seen this much continuous snowfall in about 15 years.

"It's wonderful and amazing," Venable said. "It's great for our tourism. It's even better for the summer when all this snow percolates down into the springs and wells. It's something we've needed for years to recharge our water system up here."

He said the snowfall is good for the area's water system in the long run.

"Right now, it's good for snow skiing, cross country, ice skating and snowmobiling," Venable said. "We're happy about it."

thsi is from last week and it dumped atleast another foot on them last night. i was talking to a lady from up there monday at jury duty. theres houses with snow piled up to the roofs. they have plowed so much snow they have run out of places to plow it to. they have already had 150+ inches in the past 2 months (add another 12 from yesterday/today).

i think im gonna take my girl up there intertubing saturday.

Nadroj 20
02-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Well it has started snowing already where i live and it is suppose to accumulate to over a foot so well see how bad it gets i guess lol

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2010, 12:22 PM
it started here in western md AT ABOUT 9:30 this mourning . hasn't accumulated all that much yet. maybe an inch so far, but we're supposed to get anywhere fron 18 to 24 inches by tommorrow mourning.

Nadroj 20
02-05-2010, 12:27 PM
it started here in western md AT ABOUT 9:30 this mourning . hasn't accumulated all that much yet. maybe an inch so far, but we're supposed to get anywhere fron 18 to 24 inches by tommorrow mourning.

Wow i thought 8-12 inches was suppose to be bad lol, this is an area that gets alot of snow but anything over a foot is a significant amount....

I cant imagine 18-24 :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2010, 03:06 PM
got about 3 inches now

Steel Mountain
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Speaking of snowstorms, that reminds me of the storms we had growing up in CT.

They seemed huge because we were so small.

Anyway, we had had an "Arians" brand snowblower and needless to say it sucked!!!! With that name, how could it not, right?

Wait a minute....oops, it was an "Ariens" brand snowblower, my bad.

But obviously, ANYTHING with a name even remotely similar to "Arians" would have to suck.....right?:chuckle:

If it`s an Arians, it is a "snow thrower" not a snow blower. Strangely it also loves to throw in the rain and high winds. Start it up on a nice day and it will not throw....just run!

HometownGal
02-05-2010, 05:30 PM
We've got about 2-1/2" - 3" on the ground thus far a little south of the Burgh with a total snowfall forecast by tomorow morning of 8-12". :banana:

You folks in Maryland and the DC area - hunker down (and be safe).

Nadroj 20
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Who wants to shovel my driveway tomorrow? :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
02-05-2010, 07:58 PM
If it`s an Arians, it is a "snow thrower" not a snow blower. Strangely it also loves to throw in the rain and high winds. Start it up on a nice day and it will not throw....just run!

Well friend, our snow....thrower :chuckle: was a beast! This was back in the 70's and early 80's. It was clunky and heavy as could be.

I just finished my 2nd complete shoveling of the driveway and I am still a bit worried about what it will look like if this continues til morning...Ugh! :doh:

HometownGal
02-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Tom - the heaviest snow is supposed to come very late tonight into tomorrow morning, so I think you'll be shoveling at least 2-3 more times. :horror:

There's another big snowstorm forecasted for the middle of next week. :banana: I can't wait to get out there in the morning and get a blowin'! :thumbsup:

GBMelBlount
02-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Tom - the heaviest snow is supposed to come very late tonight into tomorrow morning, so I think you'll be shoveling at least 2-3 more times. :horror:

There's another big snowstorm forecasted for the middle of next week. :banana: I can't wait to get out there in the morning and get a blowin'! :thumbsup:

Ugh! :chuckle:

GutterflowerSteel
02-05-2010, 10:02 PM
We've got about 2-1/2" - 3" on the ground thus far a little south of the Burgh with a total snowfall forecast by tomorow morning of 8-12". :banana:

The forecast is now up to 30 inches in some parts of MD - we're not budging all weekend :popcorn: I like being snowed in :thumbsup:

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 10:06 PM
Have to admit, as much as I ABHOR snow, there's something strangely attractive about the very weird surreal orangish-light sky at 10 PM tonight brought about by the snow.

And the quiet the snow brings is nice. The white stuff absorbs all the normal ambient sounds....

Vincent
02-05-2010, 10:07 PM

Weather Channel predicts yinz get snow every day from the 9th through the 14th. Global warming my @$$! http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA1290 :ouch::yikes:

SteelerNation12
02-05-2010, 10:12 PM
We are getting rocked here in Stark County

revefsreleets
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
We are getting rocked here in Stark County

Yup...have been since about 2 here in Hartville...

Godfather
02-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Enjoy it.

All we got was rain.

Edman
02-05-2010, 11:28 PM
This is better than 2007, but nowhere near as awesome as 1993. Yet. It was snowing AND freezing. Here, it's just snowing.

I don't mind the snow at all. In fact I love it. Love the stuff.

Me and the brothers got out earlier with our shovels and salt. It was in vain. It's like we haven't shoveled at all. There's a wall of snow on my window right now. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

Of course, like roses, beautiful snow has it's own thorn. Someone out there is on the job working in this ruthless weather. Pray for a safe return home for them.

GBMelBlount
02-05-2010, 11:47 PM
Yup...have been since about 2 here in Hartville...

Hartville? Wow. Been there. Nice little place.

I lived in Canton for a few years "back in the day"...:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
02-06-2010, 12:32 AM
western md is checking in with about 12 inches so far.....:doh:

Shea
02-06-2010, 01:18 AM

I read that the Pens might even have a hard time getting into DC this weekend and that the time of the Caps game might be pushed back - it's that bad.

Hope you all are doing well in the storm.

Gotta admit though, I'm a bit jealous. The weather out here in California has been wonderful and the buds are sprouting on my trees and roses already and a bee gave me a good chase in the backyard today. :chuckle:

Yet I would trade places with you all just to experience a snow storm once in my life. It sounds like a fun time to snuggle up with loved ones and watch a beautiful show! :thumbsup:

MACH1
02-06-2010, 01:31 AM
Bummer, we got about 1/2" last night. :chuckle:

X-Terminator
02-06-2010, 01:35 AM
We have about 11" on the ground out here in my neck of the woods south of Pittsburgh, and will probably get 16-18" when it's all said and done.

OneForTheToe
02-06-2010, 02:20 AM
I think we are going to be over two feet here south of Johnstown. I don't even think I can get my 4x4 Blazer out of the driveway. I drove in this tonight up until 10 pm. From here to Meyersdale, over to Altoona, then to Blairsvilie and back home again. The snow didn't look pretty from my car window. Up over route 22 from Altoona was covered in snow. And, if anybody has ever been on that road near Galitzen in the winter, it is a seat of your pants drive. I saw a tractor trailer spinning up the hill. I just went to the Penn Dot's site where you can view traffic cameras and there are still people out on the road.

Be safe everyone.

Good map here for where I live:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features/snowmaps/StormTotalSnowFcst.png

GBMelBlount
02-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I think we are going to be over two feet here south of Johnstown.

Be safe everyone.

Good map here for where I live:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/ctp/features/snowmaps/StormTotalSnowFcst.png

Two feet indeed. I'm definitely having an extra cup of coffee this morning.

The snow is beautiful......the shoveling sucks. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
02-06-2010, 08:23 AM
We still have snow on the ground from last weekend and with this storm we have another 10 or 11 inches so far.

Nadroj 20
02-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Well over 12 inches here, just got done digging out the vehicles.......ugh it was ridiculus :mad:

Edman
02-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Went back out shoveling this morning.

This is easily the worst snow we've had in years. It's insane out here. Around 13 inches where I am.

SteelCityMan786
02-06-2010, 12:05 PM
This is probably the most snow I remember shoveling since the Presidents Day Weekend Blizzard a few years back.

steelerdude15
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Here in Salisbury, Maryland, we've got about at least eight inches, but the worse is yet to come and there predicting another 6 to 12 inches.

OneForTheToe
02-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm still not out. I am going to need a something with a bucket to get the private drive open. Seriously. I should have taken my Blazer to the end of the lane last night, but I didn't. Now it is behind a drift that goes above my waist.

SteelCityMom
02-06-2010, 07:25 PM
We live about 20 minutes away from Latrobe (in Smithton) and were without power from about 11:30 last night till about a half hour ago. Thankfully the fire hall here was allowing people to come down to have hot coffee, heat food up and just hang out in the heat because EVERYTHING in this house is electric...stove, heat, everything. Can't wait till it gets warmed up in here!

Hopefully everyone else without power gets theirs on soon. They were telling us Monday at the earliest and some parts possibly not till Thursday. It finally stopped snowing a while ago and the roads are getting cleared. I'd say we easily got a foot or more though. Be safe everyone!

HometownGal
02-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I measured the snow in my yard at about 1:30 this afternoon and it registered at 23.8". My back hurts like hell and my carpal tunnel syndrome is in high gear from all of the shoveling and snow blowing. The bathtub is going to be my friend tonight.

hindes204
02-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Anybody have any good pictures....i remember the blizzard of 93, it was pretty breath-taking. I hope everybody stays safe

BTW, its 60 degrees here today

T&B fan
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM
123" snow in 10 days =

GBMelBlount
02-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Anybody have any good pictures....i remember the blizzard of 93, it was pretty breath-taking. I hope everybody stays safe

BTW, its 60 degrees here today

Long day of snow removal Hindes.

Hopefully we'll have some pictures tomorrow.

..and as far as the 60 degrees....please put a cork in it, OK? :chuckle:

stillers4me
02-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Snow on da' ground...Snow on da' ground...Drivin' like a fool wit da' snow on the ground...Look at ya now - car spinnin' around...Drivin like a fool wit da' snow on da ground!...Slow it down....

hindes204
02-06-2010, 10:04 PM
123" snow in 10 days =

WOW!!!

OneForTheToe
02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
http://momgadget.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/celebration.jpg

I can drive my car again. I am officially plowed out.

I paid a guy with a "V" plow to plow as far up the road as he could. He would have never done it with a straight plow.Then, I borrowed an 8 hp snow blower and did the rest. I spent the entire day snow blowing 3ft+ drifts of snow, but it is now open.

Hallelujah.

Now, I don't have an excuse to miss work Monday. Son of a *****.:banging:

HometownGal
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Another snowstorm is headed this way starting on Tuesday night. Early forecasts have us getting anywhere from 3-8". My grandson's school is closed tomorrow and may be for the remainder of the week in anticipation of this additional snow dump on top of the almost 2 feet we already have. There are still a lot of boroughs around me who don't yet have power. I hope my back heals up by Tuesday. :hope:

OneForTheToe
02-08-2010, 01:38 AM
I can deal with 3 - 8 inches over a 24 hour period. Friday night, I swear we were getting 8 inches over a three hour period. I sat in Blairsvillie waiting for someone for 2 hours and I swear every time a plow truck passed I could see a few inches back on the road in less than 45 minutes.

Shea
02-08-2010, 02:16 AM
Although I've expressed before how much I would love to experience a snow storm, I'm now realizing from reading the posts here that this isn't something to take lightly, especially for those who have lost power and now are without heat.

I get cold when the temps are in the 60's so I can't imagine what some of you might be going through.

Stay safe everyone and bundle up - just thinking about you guys has me shivering.

Galax Steeler
02-08-2010, 05:11 AM
This winter is never going to end as HTG stated there is another one getting ready to hit Tuesday. I am so tired of snow, Sleet and Freezing rain.:banging:

MasterOfPuppets
02-08-2010, 05:27 PM
ugh...more snow tommorrow...:doh:

Indo
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Good thing there's all this Global Warming and whatnot or yinz would REALLY be in trouble...

GutterflowerSteel
02-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Unfriggin'believable ... we're still digging out from the 28 inches we got from this weekend's storm ... and now THIS:

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/news/displayBreaking.htm?StoryID=101084

The National Weather Service has now issued a winter storm warning for the area, including Frederick County, and says 10 to 20 inches of snow is possible by Wednesday night.

The warning goes into effect at noon Tuesday and will remain in place until 7 p.m. Wednesday.

Temperatures are expected to be near 32 degrees Tuesday afternoon, before dipping into the 20s overnight and during daylight hours Wednesday.

Earlier today, a winter storm watch was issued. At that time, the weather service said 5 inches or more was expected.

A winter storm warning mean significant amounts of snow are expected or occurring. The combination of snow and strong winds will make travel very hazardous.

MasterOfPuppets
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
got about another 6 inches. expecting another 2 - 4 today...

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Unfriggin'believable ... we're still digging out from the 28 inches we got from this weekend's storm.

holy crap would u mind posting a picture of snow pweeze :tt04:

HometownGal
02-10-2010, 08:43 AM
We got about 4-1/2" thus far with forecasts of another 1-3". The problems here are going to be the blowing and drifting snow - it is quite windy out there this morning from what I can see. I really feel for those of you east of us - Philly, Baltimore, DC and a lot of cities on the east coat are going to get another foot and a half by the time this storm is over. I also feel for those on the west coast with all of the rain and mud-slides. :horror: This winter has been absolutely brutal and though I am a lover of snow, I'm ready for spring!

Stay safe everyone and don't go out unless you absolutely have to. :hug:

steelpride12
02-10-2010, 09:02 AM
I go to college at Edinboro University and if your unknown about that it's up by Erie, PA right directly in the middle of the snow belt. RIght now we have about a foot in a half and it has been snowing all night and day so far. Then on Friday's I drive back home to Pittsburgh and 10 minutes on the major Interstate and not an ounce of snow.

HometownGal
02-10-2010, 09:35 AM
From my porch this morning:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/DSCF1453.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PGHLADYmlg/DSCF1452.jpg

Texasteel
02-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Rain has finally stopped here and the suns out, kinda, sorta.

X-Terminator
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM

It's a good thing you re-sealed the porch, because you're going to have water everywhere once all that snow melts. I'm also not surprised to see your street still snow-covered and slick - your borough isn't exactly the best when it comes to snow removal.

Speaking of snow-covered roads, the mayor of Pittsburgh is taking a major beating right now for the absolutely brutal job they've done clearing the streets in the city and their terrible planning. There are still a LOT of roads that haven't been plowed since the first storm started. The National Guard and Army Reserves have actually been called in to help clear the roads, because the city's facilities are not only inadequate, many of them don't even work...not to mention the fact that the ones who ARE out there, do a half-assed job. My Mom actually had to call the city's hotline to get the National Guard to take her to dialysis, because the Access van got stuck in her high-rise's parking lot that they didn't bother to plow. They haven't even cleared the sidewalks around the place, so people with wheelchairs can't get out to go anywhere. It's just a mess, and there are going to be a lot of burned asses on Grant St. once all this is over, because people are PISSED.

SteelCityMan786
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
I have no clue how bad we got it, but it's bad enough that school was closed today here.

supa_fly_steeler
02-10-2010, 07:50 PM

That's beautiful. Thanks for sharing http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs19/f/2007/308/c/a/Crank_Dat__Supaman_Dance__by_Fugaz_Star.gif

Polamalu Princess
02-10-2010, 08:05 PM
I LOVE this!!! I am going to have to take some pictures and post them. Our hill is a mess, but it is so beautiful!

GutterflowerSteel
02-10-2010, 09:01 PM
holy crap would u mind posting a picture of snow pweeze :tt04:

Sure - I'm still uploading, so it will be later this evening. The drifts are just .. HUGE. And it's STILL snowing - the entire state basically shut down today and will tomorrow also.

My satellite is out, but I'm happy that we've still got power! The winds are fierce, and the entire state is Phase 3 Emergency. This means it's illegal for you to even be out driving - only police and rescue. It's so bad, they're pulling the snowplows off the roads due to the bad visibility ...and a lot of plows are getting stuck.

OneForTheToe
02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
UGH ... another storm for Tuesday. According to the Weather Channel it will take a more northerly route, so it might spare DC. Guess who will probably be in the eye?

I blame this guy:

http://addins.wvva.com/blogs/weather/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/6a00e3933596708834010536dcbffe970b-500wi.jpg

Wait, or maybe it's the guy on the left at fault?:noidea:

http://totallylookslike.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/john-kerry-totally-looks-like-snow-miser.jpg

Galax Steeler
02-11-2010, 04:58 AM

It don't even look like you can get off of your porch.:doh:

HometownGal
02-11-2010, 07:51 AM
It don't even look like you can get off of your porch.:doh:

I shoveled and snow-blowed a path from the porch to the walkway to the sidewalk and to the car. :chuckle: My road is so bad that anything without 4WD isn't going to make it. When I bought my new car in October, I wanted to keep the costs down as much as possible while still getting a good vehicle but if I had known this winter was going to be so brutal, I would have spent the extra 5 grand and got another vehicle with 4WD. :banging: :banging: I've had Subarus for the last 15 years and it is a totally different experience trying to drive in snow and ice with a vehicle without 4WD.

X-Terminator
02-11-2010, 08:49 AM
I shoveled and snow-blowed a path from the porch to the walkway to the sidewalk and to the car. :chuckle: My road is so bad that anything without 4WD isn't going to make it. When I bought my new car in October, I wanted to keep the costs down as much as possible while still getting a good vehicle but if I had known this winter was going to be so brutal, I would have spent the extra 5 grand and got another vehicle with 4WD. :banging: :banging: I've had Subarus for the last 15 years and it is a totally different experience trying to drive in snow and ice with a vehicle without 4WD.

I've mentioned this to you before, but I don't know why all cars sold in this area don't have 4WD standard. Just a few inches of snow around here makes driving difficult with all of the hills and streets with even the slightest grade. If California can have cars specially made for their emissions standards, why can't Pittsburgh have its cars have 4WD? I doubt many people would mind paying the extra money to have the peace of mind that comes with a 4WD car. Instead, you have front-wheel drive on most cars, which are OK when there is a couple of inches of snow, but any more than that...forget it.

GutterflowerSteel
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Storm pix:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/940/img9154n.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/img9154n.jpg/)
Saturday, 2/6/10 after almost 24 hours of nonstop snow - about 3 p.m.
Sykesville, MD - about half an hour outside of Baltimore

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9475/img9144x.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/img9144x.jpg/)
Late Saturday night 2/6/10 close to midnight

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4241/img9190z.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/img9190z.jpg/)
Super Bowl Sunday 2/7/10
My car

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4504/img9223yf.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/img9223yf.jpg/)
Frederick, MD 2/10/10
My next door neighbor's townhouse. He's away for a few weeks - BIG drifts in his driveway & against the front door.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1328/img9214r.jpg (http://img294.imageshack.us/i/img9214r.jpg/)
My house - there's such a huge snow pile in the front yard, that I can't even see over the top of it (but I'm only 5' tall).

As of this writing, Maryland is in a Phase 3 Emergency, which means it's illegal to be out driving, unless you're a cop or emergency personnel.

Let the Big Dig begin :banging:
I hate snow anymore lol

stlrtruck
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Storm pix:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/940/img9154n.jpg (http://img89.imageshack.us/i/img9154n.jpg/)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9475/img9144x.jpg (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/img9144x.jpg/)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/4241/img9190z.jpg (http://img28.imageshack.us/i/img9190z.jpg/)
Super Bowl Sunday 2/7/10
My car

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4504/img9223yf.jpg (http://img197.imageshack.us/i/img9223yf.jpg/)
Frederick, MD 2/10/10
My next door neighbor's townhouse. He's away for a few weeks - BIG drifts in his driveway & against the front door.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1328/img9214r.jpg (http://img294.imageshack.us/i/img9214r.jpg/)
My house - there's such a huge snow pile in the front yard, that I can't even see over the top of it (but I'm only 5' tall).

As of this writing, Maryland is in a Phase 3 Emergency, which means it's illegal to be out driving, unless you're a cop or emergency personnel.

I hate snow anymore lol

Looking those pictures, I sit here and wonder why I'm complaining about 50-60 degree weather with wind blowing and the sun shining!

Vincent
02-11-2010, 09:33 PM
http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu191/vinnyq/GuardianAngel.jpg

Look closely at the left.

GBMelBlount
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Storm pix:

Super Bowl Sunday 2/7/10
My car

Frederick, MD 2/10/10

I hate snow anymore lol

Your poor boyfriend!!!!!!!! :rofl:

GBMelBlount
02-11-2010, 09:45 PM

Just wow.

Quite a touching picture...

Godfather
02-11-2010, 10:23 PM
I'm hoping for a little sneaux here for my nieces.

GutterflowerSteel
02-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Your poor boyfriend!!!!!!!! :rofl:

He lucked out :wink02: I was at home for this last storm, so I had to do the shoveling. It wasn't as bad as his place, because the homeowners assoc. did the parking lot - I just had the driveway and my car :thumbsup:

Today was beautiful - crisp blue skies, sunshine ... I went to the grocery store and they were pretty wiped out because their last truck came in on Monday. The shelves were pretty bare!

Now I hear another storm is coming on Monday :banging:
MERCY - I beg for mercy lol

OneForTheToe
02-11-2010, 11:57 PM
He lucked out :wink02: I was at home for this last storm, so I had to do the shoveling. It wasn't as bad as his place, because the homeowners assoc. did the parking lot - I just had the driveway and my car :thumbsup:

Today was beautiful - crisp blue skies, sunshine ... I went to the grocery store and they were pretty wiped out because their last truck came in on Monday. The shelves were pretty bare!

Now I hear another storm is coming on Monday :banging:
MERCY - I beg for mercy lol

The latest from the Weather Channel is that the storm doesn't have a lot of snow with this system. They say it will stay a Clipper system as opposed to our last two storms which turned into Northeasters. I have been hearing 3 to 6 inches.

On another note: I know it is wrong of me to take a small amount of pleasure from seeing Dallas and some other southern cities get bombed by their share of the 09 -10 winter from hell. Still, I can't help but chuckle - just a little. Seriously though, I hope there are no tragic occurrences there like happened on route 80 here in P.A.

Galax Steeler
02-12-2010, 05:03 AM

That is awesome:thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
02-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I'm hoping for a little sneaux here for my nieces.

i'll ship you a cooler full for 39.95 + sh ...:thumbsup:

SteelMember
02-12-2010, 09:22 AM
i'll ship you a cooler full for 39.95 + sh ...:thumbsup:

Make sure to pack it good with ice...

:huh: :hunch: :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Make sure to pack it good with ice...

:huh: :hunch: :chuckle:
well of course ...we can't have it melted before it gets there ...:uhh:

oh i forgot to add... i'll throw in prepacked snowballs for just an additional 1.99 per snowball.... order 5 or more prepacked snowballs and get 1 additional snowball for free !!!:applaudit:

* first 100 customers get a FREE snowman head !!! ( coal eyes and carrot noses sold seperately ) ACT NOW...operators standing by.

GBMelBlount
02-12-2010, 10:31 AM
* first 100 customers get FREE snowman head !!!

Are you a snowblower? :busted:

TroysBadDawg
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Well In Troy, Ohio they finally went back to school today, to be off for three days because of Presidents day.

Vincent
02-12-2010, 01:55 PM
The global warming ninnies must feel used, abused, and put up wet this winter. Snow in all 50 states... http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11973034 Only 7 more to go and that'll really be sumpin, huh barry?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9DQP5NG0&show_article=1

HometownGal
02-12-2010, 03:25 PM
We had some flurries today but the sun is finally shining here in da Burgh! :applaudit:

I love snow to pieces, but this winter I've really had enough.

We may get an inch or two between Sunday and Tuesday from a clipper system that will be a little south of us, but all in all, looks like we're in good shape at least for a couple of days. Accuweather.com's forecast for the week of the 21st isn't looking too promising. :horror:

GutterflowerSteel
02-15-2010, 06:28 PM
We had some flurries today but the sun is finally shining here in da Burgh! :applaudit:

I love snow to pieces, but this winter I've really had enough.

We may get an inch or two between Sunday and Tuesday from a clipper system that will be a little south of us, but all in all, looks like we're in good shape at least for a couple of days. Accuweather.com's forecast for the week of the 21st isn't looking too promising. :horror:

I stopped in at a convenience store last Friday night, and a woman there was telling everyone that she heard that we're supposed to get another snowstorm around the 22nd ... "and it will be as bad as the back to back blizzards!" She claimed that her source was the Farmer's Almanac, and that it had been right so far this winter.

I fled lol

Nadroj 20
02-15-2010, 07:24 PM
Im pretty sure the local high school will be going to school in mid June because of all this snow....usually would get out late May :chuckle:

Those students wont be happy.

stillers4me
02-15-2010, 07:46 PM
We are currently getting 6-9 inches....has been snowing all day and will continue through tomorrow,

It's called the White Death in Shitzinnati.

msafford
02-15-2010, 07:57 PM
some pictures of my goofy dog in the snow.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/14991531/382824636.jpg

Here she is with the neighbor puppies. She's about to show the dark-faced jack russell terrier who's boss.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/14991531/382824638.jpg

Shea
02-20-2010, 10:12 PM
COQk76u0DU8

Vincent
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
Excellent Shea!! Thanks!!

GBMelBlount
02-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Very cool.

Shea
02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
I thought so too, guys.

The images in that video of Pittsburgh are so beautiful.

Makes me ache for the day when I can finally get there and see it all for myself. And of course I loved the skier sportin' the Steelers shirt. :tt02:

Vincent
02-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Very cool.

Even cold. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler
02-21-2010, 07:23 AM
some pictures of my goofy dog in the snow.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/14991531/382824636.jpg

Here she is with the neighbor puppies. She's about to show the dark-faced jack russell terrier who's boss.

http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/14991531/382824638.jpg

That is a good one of the dog laying in the snow.