PDA

View Full Version : Damn this snow!

zulater
12-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Because of this damn storm they moved the start time of the Eagles- Niners game back to 4.15 as a result I wont get to see the Steelers, who were supposed to be televised then. :mad:

I'll try Justin tv, but the NFL has gotten pretty good at blocking that lately, so it usually amounts to nothing but frustration. :banging:

I'd go to a sports bar, but that's the automatic kiss of death, even in good years my presence at a sports bar usually results in a crushing defeat.

I guess it's just me, my son and our sirius. :tt03:

Nadroj 20
12-19-2009, 01:47 PM
That sucks man sorry about that, i agree with the hating of the snow too, this is the first big snowfall we've had this year, but i guess last year it came alot sooner....either way snow sucks.

zulater
12-19-2009, 02:02 PM
On the positive side. I got snowed out of work today, and my son is camping with his scout troop, so I'm enjoying a lazy day of drinking beer and watching DVD's of last years championship run.

casteeler
12-19-2009, 02:20 PM
^^ sounds good to me!

WH
12-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Because of this damn storm they moved the start time of the Eagles- Niners game back to 4.15 as a result I wont get to see the Steelers, who were supposed to be televised then. :mad:

I'll try Justin tv, but the NFL has gotten pretty good at blocking that lately, so it usually amounts to nothing but frustration. :banging:

I'd go to a sports bar, but that's the automatic kiss of death, even in good years my presence at a sports bar usually results in a crushing defeat.

I'm sure a more reliable source than JustinTV will cross your path on sunday.:wink02:

zulater
12-19-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm sure a more reliable source than JustinTV will cross your path on sunday.:wink02:

:hatsoff:

And if that were to happen I wouldn't be like that moron over at Steelers.com who posted a link on the Steelers official site.

:chuckle:

WindyCitySteelerFan
12-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I love snow!

zulater
12-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I love snow!

Usually I do as well. I just don't like it when it comes between me and my Steelers game. :rocket:

And thank to everyone for the links.:thumbsup:

MACH1
12-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh come on, whats a few inches of snow. :chuckle:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I love snow!

Except you and I are in the same boat as some others...Our Steelers game is now being bumped for the Bears game.

Nadroj 20
12-19-2009, 03:27 PM
I just got done shoveling out the driveway for the first time this year....ugh

WH
12-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Bah! You guys call that snow? Here it's called a ''dusting''.

stb_steeler
12-19-2009, 04:41 PM

Damn game wasnt even gonna be televised here at all...I figured it was due to the bad season were having, they showing the Ravens games now.
:mad: :banging:

Burghfan58
12-19-2009, 05:36 PM
10 inches and counting here. I'm also in the area that will get bumped for the Eagles game. Damn it!:m16::m16::m16::dualies::ak47::rocket:

supa_fly_steeler
12-19-2009, 05:53 PM
the eagles suck, they shouldn't even represent the NFL if this stuff is gonna happen and block the steelers off the t.v. stupid gay ass team. who do the t.v. people think they are not showing the steelers, what's wrong with them.

steel9guy
12-19-2009, 05:55 PM
STUPID EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! UNBELIEVEABLE I WAS EXCITED FOR 2MRO!!!!!!!!

The_WARDen
12-19-2009, 08:15 PM
on the positive side, if there was a time to have to not see a game, it would be now. It's not like there actually playing for anything.

MasterOfPuppets
12-19-2009, 08:42 PM
how do they get all that snow out of the stadium ? i mean not just off of the field, but the seats....:noidea:

mesaSteeler
12-19-2009, 08:44 PM
For you snow haters I have sympathy for you. I hate the evil white stuff myself which is why I live in the Valley of the Sun. I won't torture any of you by telling you the high temperature here today but suffice to say we will not be having any snow.

supa_fly_steeler
12-19-2009, 09:23 PM
For you snow haters I have sympathy for you. I hate the evil white stuff myself which is why I live in the Valley of the Sun. I won't torture any of you by telling you the high temperature here today but suffice to say we will not be having any snow.

lol awesome post

steelreserve
12-19-2009, 09:48 PM
:hatsoff:

And if that were to happen I wouldn't be like that moron over at Steelers.com who posted a link on the Steelers official site.

:chuckle:

You know, a different idiot posted the link of the Bengals official site the week before, and another one posted it on the Bears' site the week before that. Basically, it seems like if word gets out to enough people that we can find about it easily .. odds are that eventually one of them will be some idiotic 13-year-old who doesn't know not to post it publicly.

Also, don't go to adthe.net. It's full of spyware. Like, pretty serious spyware. I've heard of lots of people having trouble with it.

zulater
12-19-2009, 09:57 PM
You know, a different idiot posted the link of the Bengals official site the week before, and another one posted it on the Bears' site the week before that. Basically, it seems like if word gets out to enough people that we can find about it easily .. odds are that eventually one of them will be some idiotic 13-year-old who doesn't know not to post it publicly.

Also, don't go to adthe.net. It's full of spyware. Like, pretty serious spyware. I've heard of lots of people having trouble with it.

Uh oh, been watching the Pens game on there tonight. Everythings seems fine ( btw they won 2-1 in another shootout ) I guess I better run a full scan before I shut 'er down tonight. I got pretty good security measures in place, but I'll go with the other site first from now on. thanks :thumbsup:

steel9guy
12-19-2009, 11:12 PM
I watch the blacked out games at myp2p4u.net. It seems to work good so far.

X-Terminator
12-19-2009, 11:54 PM

I watch a lot of hockey games through atdhe.net, and I have never had a problem. No spyware, no adware, nothing. I even checked the logs from my antispyware programs and firewall...nothing. Not to discount what those people who have had problems with it, just that I never have. You shouldn't surf the 'Net without at least 2 antispyware programs anyway.

fansince'76
12-20-2009, 12:03 AM
I watch a lot of hockey games through atdhe.net, and I have never had a problem. No spyware, no adware, nothing. I even checked the logs from my antispyware programs and firewall...nothing. Not to discount what those people who have had problems with it, just that I never have. You shouldn't surf the 'Net without at least 2 antispyware programs anyway.

I got hit with a pretty nasty one at atdhe.net that took me a couple of hours to remove, despite being well protected. I won't go to that site anymore, personally.

X-Terminator
12-20-2009, 12:46 AM
I got hit with a pretty nasty one at atdhe.net that took me a couple of hours to remove, despite being well protected. I won't go to that site anymore, personally.

Hmmm...well then I'll look at other sites. I don't want to chance it...though it is interesting that the site hasn't been flagged by Firefox yet for being an "attack" site if people are being nailed by nasty spyware.

BrandonCarr39
12-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Well - will be pulling for you guys tomorrow, b/c obviously, Dallas is jockying playoff positions with the Packers.

WH
12-20-2009, 01:37 AM
Well - will be pulling for you guys tomorrow, b/c obviously, Dallas is jockying playoff positions with the Packers.

Hell hath frozen over

WH
12-20-2009, 01:41 AM

It'salso the commentors on the gamecenters on NFL.com. Talk about going into the lions den. Idiots. It's insane, and if you tell them to stop they get real shitty with you.

43Hitman
12-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Some dumbass already posted the adthe.net link as Steelers.com yesterday in a thread with the same title as this one. So you can probably bet the NFL will be on that like white on rice.

BrandonCarr39
12-20-2009, 09:38 AM
So it's really THAT bad in the NE?

We were supposed to get the Eagles game at 12pm here in North Texas, until they had to push that game back to 3:15pm.

Galax Steeler
12-20-2009, 09:42 AM
So far I am still going to be able to get the Steeler game if they don't change it from now until 4.

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 09:46 AM
So it's really THAT bad in the NE?

We were supposed to get the Eagles game at 12pm here in North Texas, until they had to push that game back to 3:15pm.

It's not bad here in the Burgh - got about 5-6 inches of snow but the main roads are fairly clear and I'm sure the stadium grounds crew is working feverishly to get the field in as good a shape as they can. :hope:

Washington, Filthadelphia, Virginia and a lot of NJ got in excess of 18-24 inches yesterday. (Lucky devils!). NY and NE are next in the storm's path. There is a huge storm brewing out west and we may see another major snow storm later on this week. :hope: :banana: I love me some snow!

tmacsteelerfan
12-20-2009, 10:47 AM
This is a scenario where NFL Ticket sure comes in handy, it's just the cost of it.

Rick5895
12-20-2009, 10:59 AM
No snow up here in MY little bit of heaven in Sothwestern Ontario. But alas I have the NFL package on my local satelitte provider so I get ALL the Steelers games.
The Steelers will return to respecability today

Steelers 31 Packers 21

GutterflowerSteel
12-20-2009, 11:28 AM
We got about 20" here in my part of Maryland - and lots of blowing & drifting. I'm just grateful that I didn't have to shovel anything - my b/f & his son took care of that :hug:
I did my part and made them a big breakfast of cornbread, hot chocolate, eggs & bacon though :thumbsup:

WH
12-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Some dumbass already posted the adthe.net link as Steelers.com yesterday in a thread with the same title as this one. So you can probably bet the NFL will be on that like white on rice.
http://www.heathenz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/picard-no-facepalm.jpg
Some people's kids.

WH
12-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I did my part and made them a big breakfast of cornbread, hot chocolate, eggs & bacon though :thumbsup:

I miss cornbread :crying01:

4xSBChamps
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
It's not bad here in the Burgh - got about 5-6 inches of snow

when I spoke with my Mom yesterday morning in Greensburg, she already had 6" on her porch:
even with sunny skies in central Floriduh, 54*, wind & humidity will pucker your bum fairly tight

LVSteelersfan
12-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Can someone tell me what snow is? I think I heard of it before but have not seen any in quite some time. Oh yeah, it's that white stuff that is up on the mountain outside of Las Vegas. It did snow here last year about this time and actually stuck to the ground for a whole day. But that is rare. I was out in a t-shirt yesterday.

mesaSteeler
12-20-2009, 12:30 PM
All the best to you who are suffering in this terrible storm. Here in the Valley of Sun the current temperature is 63 degrees on its way to 75 degrees. Of course if it makes you feel any better we have storm front coming through this week. The high temperature Wednesday here is only going to be 59 degrees. Of course since I've adapted to 115 degree summers I consider 59 degrees to be miserably cold.

Mamaduck43
12-20-2009, 12:43 PM
This is one time I am glad that I moved to Packers country in July - - Packers games are aired here - - no matter what.... So I will get to see it.... If it wasn't so dangnabit cold outside, I would take a walk in my neighborhood fully decked out in Black and Gold, but I would freeze my buns off..... I will just sit here and let them wonder about the loud cheers coming from my apartment when we do something great and they do something horrible..... Good fun.....