PDA

View Full Version : Saints Dallas Gameday thread.... Crash Dallas Crash

Preacher
12-19-2009, 08:23 PM
So... nothing like seeing Dallas go down in flames in ANOTHER season.

Sure, we did this season... be Dallas has done it what now, 3 or 4 seasons in a row?

7SteelGal43
12-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Was watching the end of the Memphis Tigers b'ball game.......is N.O. starting the starters ?

Preacher
12-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Was watching the end of the Memphis Tigers b'ball game.......is N.O. starting the starters ?

Seems like it... though Dallas just got a TD on a nice long pass.

I would think however, that with a perfect season at hand, they would play their starte4rs.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 09:39 PM
ROTFL... I guess no one even cares about the game.

I would have thought, with the eastern seaboard snowed out... that more people were watching the game.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 09:45 PM
i find it interesting that t. romo has played pretty damn good during this december meltdown, yet they still have been losing. jerry jones has pissed with the lack of a run game and told the team they need to figure out how to better utilize marion barber (he is paying him a pretty penny).

lo and behold dallas is running more than passing and leading the game. the saints, who are usually quite balanced themselves are throwing almost 2:1 (brees just threw a deep bomb pick) and have their lowest point total in a half all year.

dallas- 13 pass/18 run

saints- 18 pass/8 run (a minute 30 to go in the half. dallas lead 14-3)

i still think the saints come back to win, but something about the scenario of this game seens oddly familiar and relevant to steelers football of late...

:scratchchin:

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM
wow. brees sacked and fumble.... back to back turnovers. he's doing his finest ben impersonation. :chuckle:

Preacher
12-19-2009, 09:47 PM
i find it interesting that t. romo has played pretty damn good during this december meltdown, yet they still have been losing. jerry jones has pissed with the lack of a run game and told the team they need to figure out how to better utilize marion barber (he is paying him a pretty penny).

lo and behold dallas is running more than passing and leading the game. the saints, who are usually quite balanced themselves are throwing almost 2:1 (brees just threw a deep bomb pick) and have their lowest point total in a half all year.

dallas- 13 pass/18 run

saints- 18 pass/8 run (a minute 30 to go in the half. dallas lead 14-3)

i still think the saints come back to win, but something about the scenario of this game seens oddly familiar and relevant to steelers football of late...

:scratchchin:

You mean a hungry dallas team actually playing defense and offense? or the balance of runs and passes? (14-18 now).

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 09:57 PM
You mean a hungry dallas team actually playing defense and offense? or the balance of runs and passes? (14-18 now).
call them hungry, call them inspired. if you watched the pregame show and interview with jerry jones and subsequent analysis, if they dont find a way to win (and i mean the coaches) jerry may be forced to make changes he would just as soon not make. i think he believes in wade and garrett, but is just not pleased with the way they have underutilized the run game and become over enamoured with tony romo's arm (and of course the emergence of miles autin... who wouldnt?) coaches seem to be playing for their jobs.

looks like they listened. im sure jerry is pleased with the balance and heavy emphasis on the run game he is seeing.

with that being said, the saints are great with the half time adjustments and can score twice in a snap. good thing for dallas is they have unpredictability on their side if it comes to a shootout, as they been mixing it up real well.

go saints!

Preacher
12-19-2009, 09:58 PM
call them hungry, call them inspired. if you watched the pregame show and interview with jerry jones and subsequent analysis, if they dont find a way to win (and i mean the coaches) jerry may be forced to make changes he would just as soon not make. i think he believes in wade and garrett, but is just not pleased with the way they have underutilized the run game and become over enamoured with tony romo's arm (and of course the emergence of miles autin... who wouldnt?) coaches seem to be playing for their jobs.

looks like they listened. im sure jerry is pleased with the balance and heavy emphasis on the run game he is seeing.

with that being said, the saints are great with the half time adjustments and can score twice in a snap. good thing for dallas is they have unpredictability on their side if it comes to a shootout, as they been mixing it up real well.

go saints!

Gotta agree there... Go saints.

Fire Haley
12-19-2009, 10:14 PM
What a boring game. Brees sucks. I hate naorlans

Preacher
12-19-2009, 10:17 PM
WOw that looked painful. Spreadlegged into the goalpost.

:jawdrop:

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 10:23 PM
i am marveling at this dallas offense. they move the ball downfield with the pass, and then utilize barber to convert 3rd downs and score touchdowns within the redzone.

i wonder if this is what that idiot owner (who is nothing more than a fan) jerry jones was talking about?

fansince'76
12-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Guess Brees just holds the ball too long. :coffee:

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Saints are having a helluva time wrapping up on D.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Guess Brees just holds the ball too long. :coffee:funny you should mention that. earlier in the game they had a 3rd and 1 and went for it with a pass, and i was like...:doh:

but it was a 1 step drop that was about out of his hand as quickly as he took the snap.

sure, it was a lame assed 1 yard pass to the wide out by the sideline, but lo and behold he wasnt sacked and it moved the chains. :idea:

Preacher
12-19-2009, 10:36 PM
funny you should mention that. earlier in the game they had a 3rd and 1 and went for it with a pass, and i was like...:doh:

but it was a 1 step drop that was about out of his hand as quickly as he took the snap.

sure, it was a lame assed 1 yard pass to the wide out by the sideline, but lo and behold he wasnt sacked and it moved the chains. :idea:

LOL.

Also notice, that by running the ball, the play-action has opened up. Balance balance balance.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 10:47 PM
Notice how close to the goal line... the Saints line up in the I formation, even though they are throwing the ball all the time????...

THAT is the problem I have with Arians in the red zone... he isn't willing to vary. I have no proble with 5 wide once...take a shot. heck. It may open up a QB draw. But it has to be varied.

Nadroj 20
12-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Not watching this game so idk what to really think but im surprised by the score.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
honestly i think the saints would be better off for a ab run if they got beat tonight in a playoff atmosphere, as opposed to going into the post season undefeated.

i think the colts are much better to handle the added pressure of an undefeated season.

with that being said, there is plenty of time for the saints to win this one. i still think they will.

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I see this game going to OT

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 10:59 PM
anyone else agree that "bushrod" is a kick ass p0rn star alias?

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Gotta point this out. With an absolutely devastating passing attack, NO is NEVER out of a game.

THAT is why I don't want to go back to the vaunted "Steeler football" which could never make comebacks in the playoffs.

That is why i keep preaching balance. If the team needs to start putting it up in the air, they can. Run it, they can.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Gotta point this out. With an absolutely devastating passing attack, NO is NEVER out of a game.

THAT is why I don't want to go back to the vaunted "Steeler football" which could never make comebacks in the playoffs.

That is why i keep preaching balance. If the team needs to start putting it up in the air, they can. Run it, they can.

preacher, youre preaching to the chior. please get that letter into the steelers FO asap, with urgent attention to tomlin/arians.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
How does Dallas miss that field goal?

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:22 PM
preacher, youre preaching to the chior. please get that letter into the steelers FO asap, with urgent attention to tomlin/arians.
Naa. They're smarter than me.

this is just my opinion

(No sarcasm intended)

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2009, 11:23 PM

because its their December curse.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:24 PM
because its their December curse.

Wow this game is going to the last seconds

fansince'76
12-19-2009, 11:24 PM

Because Nick Folk sucks.

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Because Nick Folk sucks.

Someone needs to tell him to visualize a towel dispenser.

VegasStlrFan
12-19-2009, 11:30 PM
too little, too late for the saints; seemed like a really short game tonight for some reason

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 11:31 PM
dont the dallas opponents know all you have to do to stop demarcus is wrap your arms around his neck and hold him? :noidea:

Preacher
12-19-2009, 11:33 PM
dont the dallas opponents know all you have to do to stop demarcus is wrap your arms around his neck and hold him? :noidea:

:chuckle:

Well, you can also ride them to the ground as well.

tony hipchest
12-19-2009, 11:37 PM
:chuckle:

Well, you can also ride them to the ground as well.good call. that works as well and is probably less likely to draw a flag.

Aussie_steeler
12-19-2009, 11:38 PM
The poor LT did get abused in that last series. BIg sack and fumble by Ware to hold them out

BrandonCarr39
12-19-2009, 11:46 PM
As much as I hate to say it - Dallas is going to crash against the Skins and Eagles the coming weeks - watch it.

Typical Cowboys Dec football - when their coaches are on the hot seat, they play like its their Super Bowl, then they'll slide back afterwards.(alot like last year when they smacked the Giants when all their locker room turmoil leaked out, only to crash and burn subsequently)

BTW - is it just me, or is Nick Folk involved in gambling?:rofl:

BrandonCarr39
12-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Another thing - Saints looked pretty flat, typical of a team that was riding a 13 game win streak - they were BEGGING for a loss in the last couple of weeks.

Looks like now, they can get back to playing football.