PDA

View Full Version : Green Bay at Pittsburgh, 4:15 ET (Arians bad mouthing Tomlin?)

mesaSteeler
12-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Green Bay at Pittsburgh, 4:15 ET
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Czar-Week-15-Countdown-122009
John Czarnecki Fox Sports

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: Both of these teams are geared to stop the run, and they rank 1-2, respectively, in the NFL defensive standings. Dom Capers brought the Pittsburgh 3-4 scheme to Green Bay, and the Packers have excelled with the new defense with rookie OLB Clay Matthews being a star off the edge.

The Steelers have gone soft lately, losing to Oakland and Cleveland in consecutive games, and you have to wonder whether they will stuff Packers RB Ryan Grant based on their recent history.

Green Bay's protection has been better lately, but so has QB Aaron Rodgers' decision-making. He's taking shorter drops and getting rid of the ball quicker. Still, he has been sacked 48 times, eight more than any other NFL quarterback. The offensive line will be under pressure to pick up the correct assignments against the Steelers' well-disguised blitz packages.

When given time, Rodgers can be aggressive against a Pittsburgh secondary that is soft underneath, especially without S Troy Polamalu. Rodgers wants to be isolate either Donald Driver or Greg Jennings on Steelers CB William Gay as much as possible.

RB Rashard Mendenhall needs 60 yards to become the seventh Steeler to reach 1,000 yards, and look for Pittsburgh to run as much as possible. The Steelers want to keep the Green Bay rush off Ben Roethlisberger, who has struggled trying to connect with Santonio Holmes and rookie Mike Wallace deep.

CZAR'S SCOOP: Packers coach Mike McCarthy, a Pittsburgh native, had dinner at his mother's house last night.

Kevin Colbert, Steelers director of football operations, has one year left on his contract, but he apparently doesn't have the final say over the 53-man roster. To some club officials, the lack of such a clause in Colbert's contract might give him grounds to escape. Of course, nobody sees Commissioner Roger Goodell ruling against the Steelers and owner Dan Rooney if this gets to the point where Colbert actually challenges the team and seeks to go elsewhere. The belief is that should Bill Cowher return to the NFL as a head coach, he would want Colbert as his general manager or team president.

Browns OT Joe Thomas recently accused Steelers OLB James Harrison of flopping on passing downs, hoping to generate a holding call from the officials.

There is no doubt Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has heard that offensive coordinator Bruce Arians hasn't been too kind to him with his friends. Look for Tomlin to pull the plug on his offensive coordinator in the offseason. :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Also, there continues to be a real split in the Steelers' locker room about Roethlisberger and whether or not he could have played against the Ravens a couple weeks ago after complaining of headaches on Saturday following a concussion the week before. Hines Ward questioned Big Ben's toughness, but some believe Ward was right that Roethlisberger may have been over-dramatizing his headaches.

("Arians hasn't been too kind to him with his friends". Arians has friends? Well this is breaking news. - mesa)

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Lol shouldn't the bad mouthing be the other way around? If true, Arians is a damn clown and I'll be happy to see his bum ass leave.

And if the locker room stuff is true, those guys need to get the hell over it and try to win a damn game...

WH
12-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Where is the related article that first said Arians was badmouthing Tomlin?

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Seriously people - how many more bash Arians threads are we going to have around here? I'll leave this one open (for now) as originally, it discusses today's matchup, but any more threads on BA will be merged with the existing Arians hater/scapegoat thread.

btw - I don't believe for a minute that BA would speak badly of his HC, especially with his future here in the Burgh so cloudy. I also have heard enough BA interviews to believe that he is a man of much more class than that. Also - the Hines/Ben rift is ancient history. Next. :coffee:

Preacher
12-20-2009, 01:40 PM
You guy believe ANY of this tripe?

A split locker-room?

Ben over-dramatizing headaches?

Arians badmouthing Tomlin-- to Arians' friends, and his "friends" tells Tomlin...

and the press?

Come on. I know yall's hatred for Arians has reached a level of irrationality. But this article is just a crock.

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I REALLY hate the word "hater".

Nobody's "hating" on that man...

mesaSteeler
12-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Where is the related article that first said Arians was badmouthing Tomlin?

See the bolded section of the article.

WH
12-20-2009, 01:47 PM
See the bolded section of the article.

It seems so vague......I thought there would be a more detailed description.

Psyychoward86
12-20-2009, 01:52 PM
[B]There is no doubt Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin has heard that offensive coordinator Bruce Arians hasn't been too kind to him with his friends.

just the press re-wording things to make it sound like something terrible is going on.... :coffee:

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 01:55 PM
just the press re-wording things to make it sound like something terrible is going on.... :coffee:

Should we be shocked? Drama sells. :shake02:

I REALLY hate the word "hater".

Nobody's "hating" on that man...

Maybe you're not, but overall, could have fooled me. :coffee:

WH
12-20-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009122004/2009/REG15/falcons@jets#tab:watch

Play action!? What the hell is play action....i've never seen this before! Must be new, like the wild cat.

Rockonsteel
12-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Seriously people - how many more bash Arians threads are we going to have around here? I'll leave this one open (for now) as originally, it discusses today's matchup, but any more threads on BA will be merged with the existing Arians hater/scapegoat thread.

btw - I don't believe for a minute that BA would speak badly of his HC, especially with his future here in the Burgh so cloudy. I also have heard enough BA interviews to believe that he is a man of much more class than that. Also - the Hines/Ben rift is ancient history. Next. :coffee:

Wow!! I'm sayin', do you have any pictures you can show from the wedding or the family reunion? Because he's got to be either your husband, brother or favorite cousin/uncle. Maybe he's your son. It's almost like somebody's is saying bad things about your kid or something. You really seem to take anything bad said about BA to heart bigtime. I'm blown away by your steadfast defending of this dude. I just don't get it.

Most of us have enough basic football knowledge to be indentify when something is working or not. It didn't take Einstein to see that Matt Millen was not doing a good job in Detroit. It doesn't take one to see that Bruce is not a good offensive coordinator for this team.

Rockon

WH
12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow!! I'm sayin', do you have any pictures you can show from the wedding or the family reunion? Because he's got to be either your husband, brother or favorite cousin/uncle. Maybe he's your son. It's almost like somebody's is saying bad things about your kid or something. You really seem to take anything bad said about BA to heart bigtime. I'm blown away by your steadfast defending of this dude. I just don't get it.

Most of us have enough basic football knowledge to be indentify when something is working or not. It didn't take Einstein to see that Matt Millen was not doing a good job in Detroit. It doesn't take one to see that Bruce is not a good offensive coordinator for this team.

Rockon

I probably don't need to speak for her, but I don't think she is defending Arians as much as she is getting frustrated with the impression some are giving that we/they blame him for everything.

Like you said most of us have a basic knowledge of football, but doing nothing but bashing Arians over and over and over again is giving a different impression.

But like I said, no one is making threads bitching about the other problems.

X-Terminator
12-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I probably don't need to speak for her, but I don't think she is defending Arians as much as she is getting frustrated with the impression some are giving that we/they blame him for everything.

Like you said most of us have a basic knowledge of football, but doing nothing but bashing Arians over and over and over again is giving a different impression.

But like I said, no one is making threads bitching about the other problems.

And BINGO was his name-o.

You may now eat shoe leather, Rockonsteel.

Texasteel
12-20-2009, 03:14 PM

Rockon

You owe the lady an apology. That was the longest run of senseless babble and BS that I have read for a while, and was totally unnecessary.

Plus, just because someone does not agree with you point of view doesn't mean you know more than they do. In this case probably not near as much.

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 03:15 PM

Rockon

Let me tell you something, pal. I have forgotten more about football than you know. So knock it the hell off with your insinuations and ignorance. I don't think I've ever come across a more arrogant know-it-all in the decades I've participated in sports discussions.

My feelings on the Arians bashing around here and in the media is well documented so I won't get back on that merry-go-round. What I take offense to in this article is how ridiculous the Arians rumor is. Anyone with a microfiber of a brain cell can see that article is laden with manure. BA simply is not that stupid or classless.

Rockonsteel
12-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Let me tell you something, pal. I have forgotten more about football than you know. So knock it the hell off with your insinuations and ignorance. I don't think I've ever come across a more arrogant know-it-all in the decades I've participated in sports discussions.

My feelings on the Arians bashing around here and in the media is well documented so I won't get back on that merry-go-round. What I take offense to in this article is how ridiculous the Arians rumor is. Anyone with a microfiber of a brain cell can see that article is laden with manure. BA simply is not that stupid or classless.

Listen,I'm not trying to make any enemies, I'm really not. It's just that everytime someboy posts something bad about Arians, I notice you are the first one in, hard and strong, defending the dude. I don't quite understand it. I was being tongue-in-cheek with family relation insuations.Pretty senstive about the subject are you?

Ok, now I don't care that you have a different opinion form me or anyone else on this forum.You express yours ,I'll express mines, we can rockon fro there. But, when I'm reading you threatening to move somebody's thread because you're, "tired of Arians bashing", I a have problem with that. I will express that.

Now, finally, and this is the best part. I actually laughed out loud at this one. You have no idea, as in zero, as to the level of my football knowledge.So, since you brought up arrogance, it's quite arrogant of you to assume you have "forgotten more football than I know". Not only is it arrogant, it's laughable, but we'll move past that. I'm done. It's cool.

By thway, we all want the saem thing today, and that's a Steelers victory.....let's keep that in mind.

Rockon

zulater
12-20-2009, 03:35 PM
It seems so vague......I thought there would be a more detailed description.

I don't think you throw out that sort of nugget without sourcing it or being more specific with what was said and when. It's bad reporting if you ask me.

GodofGridiron
12-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyways......whats the over/under on how many sacks Ben suffers today and how many are a result of holding the ball longer than necessary ?

Ill go with 5 .........

WH
12-20-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't think you throw out that sort of nugget without sourcing it or being more specific with what was said and when. It's bad reporting if you ask me.

I see it's from Fox Sports...........'nuff said.

X-Terminator
12-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Listen,I'm not trying to make any enemies, I'm really not.

Too little, too late.

It's just that everytime someboy posts something bad about Arians, I notice you are the first one in, hard and strong, defending the dude. I don't quite understand it.

That has already been explained. Apparently you didn't read above?

I was being tongue-in-cheek with family relation insuations.Pretty senstive about the subject are you?

Uh yeah, actually there IS a reason why she'd be pretty sensitive about that subject. It ain't up to me to explain nor is this the place to do so, but let me just say that next time, think before you open up your cyber-yap.

Ok, now I don't care that you have a different opinion form me or anyone else on this forum.You express yours ,I'll express mines, we can rockon fro there. But, when I'm reading you threatening to move somebody's thread because you're, "tired of Arians bashing", I a have problem with that. I will express that.

There have been literally hundreds of threads on this board over the past 3 seasons that have been nothing but redundant Arians bashing threads. He has been blamed for everything under the sun - hell, I'm surprised he hasn't been blamed for "climate change" yet. I would dare say there have been more threads this season bashing Arians than there have been bashing the defense for blowing 4th quarter leads and the ST for sucking out loud the entire season. Now think about that, and then ask yourself why people would be tired of it?

Now, finally, and this is the best part. I actually laughed out loud at this one. You have no idea, as in zero, as to the level of my football knowledge.So, since you brought up arrogance, it's quite arrogant of you to assume you have "forgotten more football than I know". Not only is it arrogant, it's laughable, but we'll move past that. I'm done. It's cool.

Nice hit. Unfortunately, given your posts here since you joined, I dare say she has you pegged perfectly on that.

By thway, we all want the saem thing today, and that's a Steelers victory.....let's keep that in mind.

Rockon

Right.

Rockonsteel
12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
You owe the lady an apology. That was the longest run of senseless babble and BS that I have read for a while, and was totally unnecessary.

Plus, just because someone does not agree with you point of view doesn't mean you know more than they do. In this case probably not near as much.

I don't owe anybody an apology. I think it's ridiculous that she can threaten to move somebody's thread because she's "tired of people bashing Arians". I'm sorry, but right now, it's the hot-button topic. It's what people want to talk about, so it's gonna happen. She has the same option as the rest of us to either read/respond or not. For her to threaten to move the thread is bordering on abuse of power, mod or not. I know I'm "picking a fight" with a mod, so I hope she doesn't threaten to ban me now, but I'm going speak my peace regardless. And I don't disrespect people. If people are too sensitive to take some light-hearted jabbing, that' not my problem.

I never professed to know more than anybody, bro, not even close. But,for you to tell me how senseless my babble was and then take the time to respond, well, thats says something about you. I read a lot of stuff on these forums I think is senseless babble. I usually don't bother to respnod. Just sayin'.

See, the way this thing works is, if someboidy posts something I agree, and I want to respond, then I will respond stating I agree with the post. Conversely. if somebody posts something I disagree with, and I see fit to respond, I'll will respond and state that and my reasons why. Thus begins the debate. Some people handle it better than others.

Rockon

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-20-2009, 03:49 PM
just need to win this one...

Rockonsteel
12-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Too little, too late.

That has already been explained. Apparently you didn't read above?

Uh yeah, actually there IS a reason why she'd be pretty sensitive about that subject. It ain't up to me to explain nor is this the place to do so, but let me just say that next time, think before you open up your cyber-yap.

There have been literally hundreds of threads on this board over the past 3 seasons that have been nothing but redundant Arians bashing threads. He has been blamed for everything under the sun - hell, I'm surprised he hasn't been blamed for "climate change" yet. I would dare say there have been more threads this season bashing Arians than there have been bashing the defense for blowing 4th quarter leads and the ST for sucking out loud the entire season. Now think about that, and then ask yourself why people would be tired of it?

Nice hit. Unfortunately, given your posts here since you joined, I dare say she has you pegged perfectly on that.

Right.

And, really, if I spent my life worrying about what you thought of me and my football knowledge, that would be sad indeed.

X-Terminator
12-20-2009, 03:51 PM
I don't owe anybody an apology. I think it's ridiculous that she can threaten to move somebody's thread because she's "tired of people bashing Arians". I'm sorry, but right now, it's the hot-button topic. It's what people want to talk about, so it's gonna happen. She has the same option as the rest of us to either read/respond or not. For her to threaten to move the thread is bordering on abuse of power, mod or not. I know I'm "picking a fight" with a mod, so I hope she doesn't threaten to ban me now, but I'm going speak my peace regardless. And I don't disrespect people. If people are too sensitive to take some light-hearted jabbing, that' not my problem.

I never professed to know more than anybody, bro, not even close. But,for you to tell me how senseless my babble was and then take the time to respond, well, thats says something about you. I read a lot of stuff on these forums I think is senseless babble. I usually don't bother to respnod. Just sayin'.

See, the way this thing works is, if someboidy posts something I agree, and I want to respond, then I will respond stating I agree with the post. Conversely. if somebody posts something I disagree with, and I see fit to respond, I'll will respond and state that and my reasons why. Thus begins the debate. Some people handle it better than others.

Rockon

How the EFF is moving a thread an "abuse of power?" It's just combining it with the other thread talking about the same thing. Merging threads is NOT an abuse of power. It could have been worse - she could have just deleted it outright, but she didn't advocate that, now did she?

Seriously, if you can't handle a freaking thread being moved, then you seriously need to get an effing grip.

Rockonsteel
12-20-2009, 04:02 PM
How the EFF is moving a thread an "abuse of power?" It's just combining it with the other thread talking about the same thing. Merging threads is NOT an abuse of power. It could have been worse - she could have just deleted it outright, but she didn't advocate that, now did she?

Seriously, if you can't handle a freaking thread being moved, then you seriously need to get an effing grip.

Wow, this team needs to win ASAP. Everybody around here is overly sensitive!!

See, here's the deal. I get worked up enough when the Steelers lose, I'm not gonna let yahoos on a forum get me worked up anymore. It aint that serious. It's opinions. It's discussion. That's it. So, I'm not even sure why you felt the need to defend Hometown, but, it is what it is, only you know that. I don't care to.

If you don't like what I have to say, I can't help you with that. Like I said. I've been disrespectful to noone(other than Arians :chuckle: ), so I don't expect to be disrespected. We can agree to disagree til the cows come home. Btw, from what I've seen, Hometown will have a response of her own, I'm sure, especially since it was directed at her. I don't think she needed you to be her savoir. But, I could be wrong.

Rockon :tt04: :tt:

Texasteel
12-20-2009, 04:10 PM

See, the way this thing works is, if somebody posts something I agree, and I want to respond, then I will respond stating I agree with the post. Conversely. if somebody posts something I disagree with, and I see fit to respond, I'll will respond and state that and my reasons why. Thus begins the debate. Some people handle it better than others.

Rockon

This forum gets cluttered with basically the same thread. It is only natural to keep these in one or ever 10 places. That is her job, which she does very well. Try and grasp that.

You went on a rant about her view being based on a personal relationship, as though her opinion can only be based on emotions, and not knowledge. Intended or not it was in poor taste. That is in fact senseless babble. You do owe her an apology, but it doesn't surprise me that she won't get it. That tells me a lot about you.

You have certainly implied that you know more about football than the rest of us with you last post. The misteruous knowage ploy, I've seen that one before. Probably a high school assistant coach.

X-Terminator
12-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, this team needs to win ASAP. Everybody around here is overly sensitive!!

See, here's the deal. I get worked up enough when the Steelers lose, I'm not gonna let yahoos on a forum get me worked up anymore. It aint that serious. It's opinions. It's discussion. That's it. So, I'm not even sure why you felt the need to defend Hometown, but, it is what it is, only you know that. I don't care to.

If you don't like what I have to say, I can't help you with that. Like I said. I've been disrespectful to noone(other than Arians :chuckle: ), so I don't expect to be disrespected. We can agree to disagree til the cows come home. Btw, from what I've seen, Hometown will have a response of her own, I'm sure, especially since it was directed at her. I don't think she needed you to be her savoir. But, I could be wrong.

Rockon :tt04: :tt:

She sure doesn't need anyone to defend her, but I chose to do so. Is that good enough for you? Don't bother answering - I could care less.

Besides, if you don't want darts thrown your way, do yourself a favor and don't throw them at someone else first.

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Listen,I'm not trying to make any enemies, I'm really not. It's just that everytime someboy posts something bad about Arians, I notice you are the first one in, hard and strong, defending the dude. I don't quite understand it.

Damned straight I defend him because I think he is unfairly scapegoated and blamed for areas that aren't his responsibility, i.e. the DEFENSE giving up 4th Q leads that his O secured and the season long debacle referred to as the Steelers ST's. I read a post just today blaming him for the failure of the OL to protect Ben. :screwy: I've said it before and this is the last time I'm going to say it - I don't agree with all of his playcalls but I am not qualified - and neither are you or anyone else on this board - to fairly critique BA's job performance. If the Steelers FO and/or Tomlin decide he doesn't fit their future plans, I'll be OK with it because I trust their decisions and expertise implicitly.

I was being tongue-in-cheek with family relation insuations.Pretty senstive about the subject are you?

In light of occurrences in my life over the last 2+ months - YES - and with good reason.

I have no problem with "rockin' on", but I refuse to take shit from you or anyone else who tries to make me look like a babbling idiot who has the football knowledge of an embryo. Just because I refuse to engage in the BA pinata party around here and look at what he has done positively for this team over his tenure as OC instead of blaming him for every little problem the team currently has doesn't mean I am any less knowlegeable than you or anyone else. FYI - as a Mod, I am asked to do a job and part of that job requires me to combine redundant threads on the same topic and I am going to do just that whether you like it or not. See our COC in the Announcements forum entitled "Laws of the Land".

I can only comment on your "football knowledge" by your posts here, as I've never sat down with you face to face or talked to you via email or the ringy dingy to chat about football and hockey as I have with other members of this forum. From your posts thus far on this board, I stand by my original thought - sorry.

That is the only thing I think we've ever agreed on.

outtatowner
12-20-2009, 04:30 PM
anyone have a link to watch online. they're showing the damn eagles game here

WH
12-20-2009, 04:31 PM
anyone have a link to watch online. they're showing the damn eagles game here

my usual source got killed because another streaming website sold them out.

Bobby_Walden
12-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Rockon...

Good points bro. I'm with ya. BA is a huge topic. Everyone is talking about it.

If someone wants to move threads around, whatever...but you have my support bro.

BA was run out of Cleveland and will be run out of here soon.
That junk he calls is not Steeler ball.

Some people are just too stupid to realize it.

fansince'76
12-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Rockon...

Good points bro. I'm with ya. BA is a huge topic. Everyone is talking about it.

If someone wants to move threads around, whatever...but you have my support bro.

BA was run out of Cleveland and will be run out of here soon.
That junk he calls is not Steeler ball.

And some people like to be redundant, bitchy, whiny pains in the asses about it.

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 05:36 PM

Oh really? One more snide remark and you're going to get an early Christmas vacation.

RAR!

tmacsteelerfan
12-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Lol shouldn't the bad mouthing be the other way around? If true, Arians is a damn clown and I'll be happy to see his bum ass leave.

And if the locker room stuff is true, those guys need to get the hell over it and try to win a damn game...
Hit the nail with the hammer.

LamarrWoodleysFade
12-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Oh really? One more snide remark and you're going to get an early Christmas vacation.

RAR!

It really isn't that deep.

Just sayin'...

HometownGal
12-20-2009, 06:10 PM
It really isn't that deep.

Just sayin'...

If you enjoy being called "stupid", I guess not. I don't.

Just saying'...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Wow.

New posters, watch yourselves before you get banned. You guys are pushing buttons with the wrong person. HTG is a very well respected poster and MODERATOR on these forums. You guys are lucky she's had the patience with you fools, if I had her position on this message board you two would have already out on your butts.

TheMightyEx
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Epic 4th quarter collapse is epic.

TyCO must go.

Steeler
12-20-2009, 07:35 PM
And some people like to be redundant, bitchy, whiny pains in the asses about it.

Does Arians let you stick it in his booty or something? Why do you defend him so?

Steeler
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM

RAR!

Why is it whenever someone disagrees with you you threaten to BAN them?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
Why is it whenever someone disagrees with you you threaten to BAN them?

Why is it that new posters feel the need to push the boundaries on this forum?

Steeler
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Why is it that new posters feel the need to push the boundaries on this forum?

Oh sorry did I hurt your little feelings? Toughen up a little, dahm. I didn't realize you weren't allowed to express yourself on this site. Are you the secret police of this site?

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Oh sorry did I hurt your little feelings? Toughen up a little, dahm. I didn't realize you weren't allowed to express yourself on this site. Are you the secret police of this site?

My feelings hurt? No. However, when you make posts like:

Does Arians let you stick it in his booty or something? Why do you defend him so?

Posts like that are a quick way to get banned. And as far as I am concerned, you're a troll. Don't let the door hit ya on the ass when you get thrown out.

Milkman
12-20-2009, 07:53 PM
OMG...It's weird celebrating a win that just gets us to 7-7.
:tt: