PDA

View Full Version : Willie Parker does not play in the lst half VS Green Bay?

NV STEELERS 723
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
It upsets me that Willie does not even get a chance anymore...he's still a good healthy RB w/ much left in the tank...he's going to make another team very happy....every team has 2 good RB's .... our loss !

Hotrodder07
12-20-2009, 06:01 PM
It upsets me that Willie does not even get a chance anymore...he's still a good healthy RB w/ much left in the tank...he's going to make another team very happy....every team has 2 good RB's .... our loss !

I kind of agree, but Rashard is doing fine, and with the amount of passing Arians is doing, he's probably not even tiring...

Steelers17
12-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Willie gets a low milage year to extend his career!

steelbad@50
12-20-2009, 06:08 PM

We have 2 good running backs?Mendenhall and:noidea:

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Its very hard to Split Carries between 2 backs when you only run the ball 19 times and call 51 pass plays.

SteelerRob
12-20-2009, 08:07 PM
From what I could see the passing game was working out OK tonight! How much yardage did we gain from hand-offs?

AllD
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
That onside kick sums up the entire year of game planning and play calling. Throw the run game in there as missing in action along with playing the odds.

Technically it worked out to where we had the ball last and with no time to spare, but if that's the way the onside kick was drawn up I still question it. We won, so it qualifies as a learning experience that did not cost us a game much like Bettis' fumble against the Colts in 2005.

tony hipchest
12-20-2009, 08:37 PM
willie got his typical 'every 3rd series".

Sharkissle29
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
we dont even use one RB all that much, so why play willie?

i can see your argument if we run the ball 30-40 times a game, but we dont

stlrtruck
12-20-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm sorry but he doesn't have a lot left in his tank. What I've seen from him over the last few years is that he's skiddish when he goes to hit the hole. He doesn't hit top speed unless he's outside the hole and he's got some green in front of him.

He's been great for the Steelers but he's got to find that desire, that drive, and that determination that made him an amazing player a few years ago.