PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs Not so Long Shot now...

Preacher
12-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Ok,

Ravens and Broncos are in as of right now. BUT, Ravens play Steelers and Broncos play Eagles. Both of those could end up up in losses (Win for Steelers).

Jags play the Pats.. that will probably be a loss.

Dolphins play the texans.. Dolphins win

Jets play the Colts, that will be a loss.

So.. IF WE WIN....

We are 8-7, TIED with Ravens and Broncos and Dophins. Titans play the chargers, so I guess they will be out.

We can knock out the Dolphins, which leaves the Broncos, Ravens and Steelers are 9-6.

Now, get this. In a tie breaker... 1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).

Both the Ravens and the Steelers beat the Broncos... which means, It would be the Ravens in 5th spot, Bengals as a third spot, and Steelers in the sixth spot.

Glace
12-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Screw the playoffs. We can't think ahead like that. We are not in control of our own destiny.

The only thing we need to focus on this week is Baltimore and getting a win. And then we focus on Miami and getting a win.

If the pieces that need to fall into place actually do fall into place....so be it....but the only thing I am focused on....and the only thing our team needs to be focused on....is beating the ravens right now.

Preacher
12-20-2009, 08:19 PM
Screw the playoffs. We can't think ahead like that. We are not in control of our own destiny.

The only thing we need to focus on this week is Baltimore and getting a win. And then we focus on Miami and getting a win.

If the pieces that need to fall into place actually do fall into place....so be it....but the only thing I am focused on....and the only thing our team needs to be focused on....is beating the ravens right now.

If I was a player, I would agree.

I am not, so 1 game, or 2 games, it really doesn't matter for me at this point

tony hipchest
12-20-2009, 08:19 PM
shoulda beat the browns, raiders, or chiefs.

just 1 of those games will haunt us. its a shame it will be all 3.

Sharkissle29
12-20-2009, 08:21 PM
If I was a player, I would agree.

I am not, so 1 game, or 2 games, it really doesn't matter for me at this point

+1 :tt02:

MegalodonSteeler
12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
I plugged the scenario you gave into the following 'playoff scenario generator' and it determined that we would still be out...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=54114151&15=50000041&16=55145551

I'm trying to figure it out now

BlastFurnace
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. I'm just going to enjoy a win for the first time in 6 weeks.

JCPsteelers
12-20-2009, 08:24 PM
This is what we need:

Jets lose a game (colts next week or the Bungles at home)
Jags to lose a game (NE next week)
Broncos to lose a game to get to 9-7 (Phily next week)

Steelers win out..

Not sure about the Dolphins next week vs the Texans whether it matters.. I'll root for them to win since we get to play them next week and to get rid of the Texans.

If there's a lot of 9-7 teams, we will not hold up well with our poor conference record..

So root for everyone to collapse.. :tt04:

supa_fly_steeler
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
even if we beat the ravens, look at our afc and divisional record... not too good. and baltimore to lose out lol, not so sure, yea we will beat the gay ratbirds but it's a "little" too late

BlastFurnace
12-20-2009, 08:26 PM
This is what we need:

Jets lose a game (colts next week or the Bungles at home)
Jags to lose a game (NE next week)
Broncos to lose a game to get to 9-7 (Phily next week)

Steelers win out..

Not sure about the Dolphins next week vs the Texans whether it matters.. I'll root for them to win since we get to play them next week and to get rid of the Texans.

If there's a lot of 9-7 teams, we will not hold up well with our poor conference record..

So root for everyone to collapse.. :tt04:

Oakland beating Denver was huge

JCPsteelers
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I plugged the scenario you gave into the following 'playoff scenario generator' and it determined that we would still be out...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=54114151&15=50000041&16=55145551

I'm trying to figure it out now

Hey thanks for linking that.. I didn't know a such thing existed..

Seems like we need the Jets and Jags to finish 8-8 along with the Broncos to finish 9-7

JCPsteelers
12-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Oakland beating Denver was huge

Beyond huge.. :tt04:

Still need them to lose next week though so lets not celebrate too much..

But at least we have some hope.. :tt04:

BlastFurnace
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Honestly, if we make the playoffs this year, I will consider this a good season...considering the struggles this team has had.

JCPsteelers
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Also don't expect the Bungles to help us out in the last week vs the Jets if the Jets somehow win at Indy next week.. They are closed in at the 3 or 4 seed already.

We need a Jets loss next week and a Broncos loss next week. THOSE ARE MUST HAVES..

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2009, 08:33 PM
should probably merge this thread with the other Playoff Scenario thread...

BlastFurnace
12-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Dont lock Baltimore in the 5th seed. Oakland just won in Denver today and beat the Bengals at home. Living in Oakland im going to attend that game with my Steelers Gear on. After i watch Pitt vs Mia of course

You're brave....both Baltimore and Oakland fans will want to kick your tail

rbryan
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM
1st tiebreaker is head to head. Assuming we win out, only teams in the running we don't have the tiebreaker advantage over are Jets, Jags. Ravens, Texans. Ravens are best bet to make it for sure now. Jets, Jags, and Texans will both lose at least one more game.......right???

Denver losing to the Raiders was huge, they play Philly yet. They're going to finish 9-7.

Let s go to Cincy again......I like our chances....... Maybe NE 2nd???, Then Baltimore or Indy to go to the show.??

A boy can dream......lol.......At least Christmas isn't cancelled yet for the Steeler Nation.

Steelboy84
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM
even if we beat the ravens, look at our afc and divisional record... not too good. and baltimore to lose out lol, not so sure, yea we will beat the gay ratbirds but it's a "little" too late

But if Denver loses one, we win both, coupled with the other more than possible scenarios, we're in, no matter what Baltimore does against the Raiders.

KeiselPower99
12-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Basically we win out and Denver loses 1 its us and Baltimore unless they lose to Oakland, At that point we are the 5th seed and Denver is the 6th. Although there is 1 thing that may kink all this up. If Houston beats New England week 17 they get the 6th and we are out. All we can do is beat Baltimore next week.