PDA

View Full Version : What were we thinking????

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 07:55 AM
Just a couple years ago, we drop to 6-10. And we were pretty discouraged. But if it weren`t for that dismal season, we wouldn`t have our Super Bowl QB, Big Ben. Was it Cowhers master plan? LOL ! Probably not, but hell if a 6-10, gets you what you need to get over the hump. Then I can handle one now and then!

Go Steelers! Go Large! Hell Go XL!

Steeler in Carolina
01-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm just glad San Diego wanted candy-arm Rivers and left Ben for us.

augustashark
01-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Just a couple years ago, we drop to 6-10. And we were pretty discouraged. But if it weren`t for that dismal season, we wouldn`t have our Super Bowl QB, Big Ben. Was it Cowhers master plan? LOL ! Probably not, but hell if a 6-10, gets you what you need to get over the hump. Then I can handle one now and then!

Go Steelers! Go Large! Hell Go XL!

What are you talking about....We should have gone 11-5 and went to the playoffs that year. We would have been ok....We would have drafted J.P. Losman:sofunny:

Koopa
01-29-2006, 11:14 PM
i know this is wrong but when it was clear we weren't a good team i was actually wanting us to lose so we could get either eli or ben, i actually wanted eli but when i heard him crying about not wanting to play for the chargers i lost all respect for him and now actually hope he's a bust in the nfl. i was glad when we got the 11th becasue i had a strong feelign we were gonna get ben. i would've been pissed off if we would've drafted rivers though

clevestinks
01-30-2006, 04:41 AM
i know this is wrong but when it was clear we weren't a good team i was actually wanting us to lose so we could get either eli or ben, i actually wanted eli but when i heard him crying about not wanting to play for the chargers i lost all respect for him and now actually hope he's a bust in the nfl. i was glad when we got the 11th becasue i had a strong feelign we were gonna get ben. i would've been pissed off if we would've drafted rivers though
Wishes do come true! :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
01-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Its a tough call for sure - just goes to show that maybe its best to have 5 peak years where you win a couple of SB's followed by a 3 through years where you re-stock talent.

NM

tony hipchest
01-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Its a tough call for sure - just goes to show that maybe its best to have 5 peak years where you win a couple of SB's followed by a 3 through years where you re-stock talent.

NM

the steelers had a 1 win season that yielded t. bradshaw and the beginning of the steelers dynasty. colts and patriots went 1-15 but it yielded manning and bledsoe. oilers and rams were bottom feeders but rebounded with the likes of mcnair, george, holt, and faulk. so it has been a proven method.

however, as a fan who doesnt live in the pittsburgh area, before the internet or direct tv, if the steelers werent winning i didnt get to see them. for the longest time, i only saw them on primetime games or in the playoffs. when they were losing i would only get to see them maybe 1 or 2 times a year and that flat out sucks. i remember plenty of great playoff games where the steelers both won and lost. i barely remember any games from the last time the steelers missed the playoffs 3X in a row (except for that bogus thanksgiving coinflip game.)

rather than being a sorry team and take a risk on r. leaf id rather be a good team and find gems like marino, brady, montana, etc. i dont think i could stomach watching the steelers go 1-15, 2-14, no matter what pick it yielded.