PDA

View Full Version : Win against Packers baffles me even more

SH-Rock
12-20-2009, 10:18 PM
How the hell, and I repeat, how the hell did the Steelers beat the Packers, while losing to the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns three weeks before. The Steelers can beat good teams Vikings, Chargers, Packers, Titans, but cannot against the worst teams in the NFL excluding the Ravens. The Offense really stepped up today. Shout out to Mike Wallace. The running game was weak today though. And the defense especially the secondary was horrible. Ike Taylor needs to stay on his man and not fall down just from a little bump

JCPsteelers
12-20-2009, 10:23 PM
The quit performance in Cleveland last Thursday is what surprised me.. Other than Woodley, I don't think anyone on the team really gave a damn against the Browns.

Add in the Bears as another team bad team we couldn't beat. Cutler has thrown so many INTS and we got zero in that game against him.. (not that should be surprising since our corners can't catch)..

Psyychoward86
12-20-2009, 10:35 PM
We ran against the league's 2nd best rush defense and averaged about 3.6 yards per carry between Rashard and Parker. I'll take it! Besides, we compensated for the run game greatly with Rashard catching all of those short passes. Rashard had 111 yards from scrimmage, not bad at all!

xvdougl
12-20-2009, 10:42 PM
It is the damn perplexing!! I pick all the games in an office pool and finally gave up after picking us the last 5 games and picked the Packers. Needless to say superstition dictates I pick against us the rest of the year :-)

Hotrodder07
12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
It seems like we play to our opponents level, no matter who it is. Every game is a nail biter this season, and it sucks! We play the Chargers, and we somehow make it close. Close game with Greenbay. Close with Minnesota. Then, if we can hang with those teams, we should take care of the bad teams, right? Nope. Close with Cleveland. Close with KC. Close with Oakland. I can't take anymore! :flap:

At least we won one for a change. Playoff hopes are still alive!

:tt02::tt02:

4xSBChamps
12-20-2009, 11:13 PM
How the hell, and I repeat, how the hell did the Steelers beat the Packers, while losing to the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns three weeks before. The Steelers can beat good teams Vikings, Chargers, Packers, Titans, but cannot against the worst teams in the NFL excluding the Ravens.

10% bad-breaks, 25% injuries, and a majority of the rest is lack of intensity, preparation, immaturity, etc.

Preacher
12-20-2009, 11:21 PM
You know, that is probably the one question that could unite this ENTIRE BOARD.

:chuckle:

fansince'76
12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
We play to the level of our competition. We've been doing it for years now - it's not a new thing.

Steelboy84
12-20-2009, 11:31 PM
That's why all I want all the big boys next year:

Dallas, NYG, Eagles, Vikings, Packers, Saints, Colts, Pats, SD, all the big boys. We don't need to play anyone sad.