PDA

View Full Version : Trent Dilfer on NFL Network last night

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 08:50 AM
Did anyone see this? He was saying all sorts of shyt. Saying that Seattle will be able to easily move the ball on our D. He also said not to zone blitz Hasselbeck because he's one of the best and will easily beat it. This coming from a 2nd string QB in Seattle and even now 2nd string scrub on the Clowns.

BlackNGold203
01-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Although I disagree with Dilfer....he is biased toward Seattle because he played there...and he now plays for the Clowns...but I wont dis him..he has a SB ring (Ravens 2000)

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 09:10 AM
I like what I`m hearing! Keep the " No Respect" deal running! We play better this way! \

Not to knock Hasselback! But what does Dilfer know about playing QB anyway! His ring was run, run, run, FG! And great defense!

Friday133
01-29-2006, 09:19 AM
yeah i saw trent dildo last night too. you would think the way we man handled him he would respect the 3-4 and the zone blitz.

they were showing highlights of the seattle vs. dallas game and he had the balls to say they played good in that game, hell the barely won. f dilfer.:blah:

noto45
01-29-2006, 10:24 AM
dilfer is so one sided. his best friend is Hasslbuck maybe they drink coffe together

bangpow
01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Hassellbeck is no slouch, though. I think he's a solid QB and that Holmgren is a very solid coach. The Seahawks aren't going to be pushovers, that's for sure.

Prosdo
01-29-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah I caught that last night as well. I found it funny lol

Infamix
01-29-2006, 10:31 AM
He basically had no choice since Hasselback and him are friends, but he did sound a little too one sided

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Dilfer is an idiot.. everybody knows he did ZERO to earn that super bowl ring.. WTF, I coulda QB'd that ratbird team.. just walk up to the huddle, hand it off and get outta the way. Nobody respects trent dilfer, the guy's a complete moron !!

He's just pissed off cuz he's a clown now and we handed his ass to him on a silver platter !

BlackNGold203
01-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Despite his obvious bias against the Steelers...comparing him to the other "athlete reporters" that the NFL network has used to cover the playoffs I find him much more polished in front of the camera than the others.

Granted...he's so one sided its ridiculous...LOL...but Im just commenting on his presentation...compared to Mawae, Sharper, and Dhani Jones.

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 11:10 AM
I respect him. He's got one more SB ring than I do. The Steelers of the '70's had a phenomenal team, but that doesn't take anything away from Bradshaw.

Regardless of how his offense was setup, he was still the leader and he still won a SB - so I respect him.

Now saying that Hasselback will beat up on our zone blitz...come on now. We made Manning look ordinary and made Plummer look like he should be playing for a HS team somewhere.

Of course he was going to pick Seattle - that would be like Rod Woodson not picking us to win...it wouldn't be right.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 11:43 AM
I respect him. He's got one more SB ring than I do. The Steelers of the '70's had a phenomenal team, but that doesn't take anything away from Bradshaw.

Regardless of how his offense was setup, he was still the leader and he still won a SB - so I respect him.

Now saying that Hasselback will beat up on our zone blitz...come on now. We made Manning look ordinary and made Plummer look like he should be playing for a HS team somewhere.

Of course he was going to pick Seattle - that would be like Rod Woodson not picking us to win...it wouldn't be right.

Last I knew, Manning was the best at reading defenses.....We've been dissed since the first round. I guess I shouldn't expect any different.

blackgoldchamps
01-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Beside playing for the Seahawks he played for the Cleveland Clowns & Baltimore Convicts.

What else would you expect?Dilfer would like nothing more than for us to give up the zone

blitz,or the O to stop using the play action that has been so effective lately.Cowher and

the couching staff are not about to listen to some washed up has been on the NFL network.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 11:59 AM
The NFL network should really try and do a better job of finding player coorespondants to do the interviews and commentary.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Beside playing for the Seahawks he played for the Cleveland Clowns & Baltimore Convicts.

What else would you expect?Dilfer would like nothing more than for us to give up the zone

blitz,or the O to stop using the play action that has been so effective lately.Cowher and

the couching staff are not about to listen to some washed up has been on the NFL network.

Is Dilfer a washed up, has been? Or is he a never was?

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 12:19 PM
Here are Dilfer's stats back vs Giants in the SB:

Passing
Baltimore Att. Comp. Yds. TD Int.
Dilfer 25 12 153 1 0
Banks 1 0 0 0 0

Yeah, he's a true expert!!!! LOL!!!! ****in' clown!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Is Dilfer a washed up, has been? Or is he a never was?

Exactly, you cant be washed up if u never were washed to begin with :sofunny:

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM
:dang: :blah: Dilfer has a SB ring , whoop te doo, if your gonna try to be a reporter you should try to be even minded. Oops thats the problem he had the :poop: kicked out of him by the STEELERS and his mind went too!!!

"Oh Mattie is not just a stand in the pocket QB(peyton). He's added another dimension to his game ,he can throw on the run(plummer)." He was trying to say Hasselback is the second coming of Peyton and Plummer together I hope so, cause if you ask either one of them right now I don't think they would want to take the field against us just yet. They still got bruises that ain't healed.:rofl:

I just hope they can find some more people to keep saying how bad our defense is it just might get the boys a little more fired up!!

ZornToLargent
01-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I hear what you are all saying about Dilfer being biased towards my Seahawks, and no one can deny that. But I think that's the way NFL Network planned it. ALL of their correspondents are openly biased towards their team and their position. All except Rich Eisen....who is the lead man over there.

I think they only have Dilfer because the Seahawks looked to go all the way to the Super Bowl…and look how well that worked out for us? Having Dilfer with the team at home during the Divisional and conference championship game was awesome for Hasselbeck. He really helps Matt focus and has been key to Hasselbeck’s success. Let’s hope having him there with us in Detroit will have the same effect. We like him in Seattle.

SteeLKurtain
01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
But what does Dilfer know about playing QB anyway! His ring was run, run, run, FG! And great defense!

HE WAS THE MVP OF THE SUPERBOWL... Besides, I like Dilfer on NFL network, I think he is fair and balanced. However I disagree, the zone blitz will bother Matthew Hasselbeck.

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 03:22 PM
lol Dilfer is fair and balanced? haha not quite.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-29-2006, 03:40 PM
HE WAS THE MVP OF THE SUPERBOWL... Besides, I like Dilfer on NFL network, I think he is fair and balanced. However I disagree, the zone blitz will bother Matthew Hasselbeck.

WRONG!Ray Lewis was the MVP of that Super Bowl,but Disney decided it was better for thier image to have Dilfer do the "I'm going to Disney World!" commercial rather than a murderer.

I think they only have Dilfer because the Seahawks looked to go all the way to the Super Bowl

Actually,they got Dilfer when he signed with Cleveland...because they knew he wouldn't have anything better to do once the Playoffs started.

SteelCityMan786
01-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Dilfer Is A Bastard. The Guy has no clue what he is talking about.

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 04:08 PM

Recheck your facts on MVP....

SteelersNation7
01-29-2006, 06:35 PM
Actually he's been on our side before this game...so I would say he's biased towards Seattle for a reason.

steelermaniac
01-29-2006, 07:11 PM

Agreed, Dilfer is a great reporter. He speaks fair and balanced. Its also great to hear from someone who has an inside look at the teams. He should win an emmy for his reporting.

DieHard4Stillers
01-29-2006, 08:20 PM
dilfer is so one sided. his best friend is Hasslbuck maybe they drink coffe togetherhttp://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/rofl.gif
:rofl:
NAAAHH! French Vanilla hazlenut Lattes!!:rofl:

ngreene15
01-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Dilfer Is A Bastard. The Guy has no clue what he is talking about.

Biased aside, he knows what he's talking about. Matt Hasselback is like his best friend, you can expect him to be talking the Seahawks up.

I remember after the Seahawks beat the Panthers he was interviewing Hasselback and he said to "... I don't know if this is appropriate for TV, but I've never been more proud of someone in my life." So we all know who he is cheering for.

Hawk Believer
01-29-2006, 11:08 PM
Dilfer actually guest co-hosted a local sports radio show out here in Seattle last week. No doubt who he is pulling for. He seems very articulate. For a guy who has had a mediocre career (though its a little wierd saying that about a guy who has a SB ring) he was an excellent mentor to Hasslebeck. He comes off as a very respectable team player, if not a starting QB.

SteelCurtain81
01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
why are you pussies so concerned with what the cleveland browns quarterback has to say
your from pittsburgh, at least pretend to act like you got a pair, instead "oh oh dilfer keeps giving a biased opinion"

MAN UP ladies

ngreene15
01-29-2006, 11:15 PM
Dilfer actually guest co-hosted a local sports radio show out here in Seattle last week. No doubt who he is pulling for. He seems very articulate. For a guy who has had a mediocre career (though its a little wierd saying that about a guy who has a SB ring) he was an excellent mentor to Hasslebeck. He comes off as a very respectable team player, if not a starting QB.
He also seems like a nice guy.... I've always liked him since I heard that sad story about his son dying a couple years ago.

seahawksfan
01-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Agreed, Dilfer is a great reporter. He speaks fair and balanced. Its also great to hear from someone who has an inside look at the teams. He should win an emmy for his reporting.

I'm surprise someone from Steeler Fever hasn't said Dilfer deserves an enema. LOL.

For all his playing "faults," the kid did contribute to the Ravens SB win. He does have that connection to the Seahawks thus his assignment. NFl has an NFL player at every playoff game. He can get into players that the other guys can't. He probably knows Hasselbeck better than anyone. Is he a bit biased? Sure. For the same reason that Rod Woodson is biased towards the Steelers.