PDA

View Full Version : Polamalu take on NFL.Com

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 07:53 AM
"Everyone this year was talking about who should have been league MVP, but everyone forgot about the defensive side of the ball, where there's perhaps less glory and more grunt work. Troy Polamalu is the best player in the NFL due to his intelligence, speed, and "Tasmanian Devil" tenacity. Also, he is a leader on a defense that dominated arguably the three best offenses in the AFC in the postseason -- Cincinnati, Indy and Denver. Finally, Polamalu should have been league MVP because he defines the common clich? that defense win championships."
-- Daniel, Fremont, Calif

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 08:00 AM
Everyone loves Troy - if he can stay injury free he will be an NFL legend by the end of career.

He is the sort of player that allows D-Co-ords to do all sorts of clever scheming- very versatile and always highly motivated!

When does his current contract run out?

NM

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Agreed It is premature to start talking HOF already, but damn! We are so lucky to have him!

LambertIsGod58
01-29-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah, we are....I honestly wasn't happy with the pick back then.....But now!!!!!

83-Steelers-43
01-29-2006, 08:45 AM
Troy is the man. That's all there is to say....

SteelR1
01-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Troy is simply AMAZING!!!!! I'm glad he's part of our team and playing against us!!

Big7Ben
01-29-2006, 09:11 AM
I couldn't ask for a better ss... he's just plain AWESOME! For being supposely gentle off the field, he's a taz. devil on the field!!! :tt:

SteelR1
01-29-2006, 09:16 AM
I couldn't ask for a better ss... he's just plain AWESOME! For being supposely gentle off the field, he's a taz. devil on the field!!! :tt:

That is the craziest thing about him, so mild mannered, quiet and doesn't lift weights. He just works out with a medicine ball.

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 10:59 AM
So...errrr.....when does his contract run out?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Lebeau said it best the other day on NFL network,.. Troy makes me look like a very intelligent man :grin: :tt:

83-Steelers-43
01-29-2006, 11:07 AM

He's good through 2007.

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 11:24 AM
He's good through 2007.

Well thats certainly good news (for a Steelers fan anyway :blurp: )

He seems to have good character and not the type who would leave a team for a few more bucks somewhere else - maybe you can realistically look forward to seeing Polamalu in the Black'n'Gold for many years to come!

NM

clevestinks
01-29-2006, 11:31 AM

He seems to have good character and not the type who would leave a team for a few more bucks somewhere else - maybe you can realistically look forward to seeing Polamalu in the Black'n'Gold for many years to come!

NM
I sure friggin hope so! I hope he is a lifer!

Steel - X
01-29-2006, 11:34 AM
He will be a lifer there is no way in in anyones right mind or left for that matter would let this guy walk. He is a lifer!!

43Hitman
01-29-2006, 11:37 AM

NM

Yeah we certainly hope so.

I must say man that you're one of the classiest Pats fans I have ever came across on one of these MB's. Everyone know you guys have a great team and will be right back in the hunt next year.

So thanks for all the respect you have been giving us Steeler fans.

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Yeah we certainly hope so.

I must say man that you're one of the classiest Pats fans I have ever came across on one of these MB's. Everyone know you guys have a great team and will be right back in the hunt next year.

So thanks for all the respect you have been giving us Steeler fans.

Hey thanks 43Hitman,

Its a pleasure posting here - 99% of you guys are great - I enjoy posting on the board of a team who is a genuine rival - and this board has to be the best Steeler ones around!

Im sure the Pats will be back strong next year - hopefully we'll see you in the AFCCG!

NM

43Hitman
01-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Im sure the Pats will be back strong next year - hopefully we'll see you in the AFCCG!

Maybe we could play you guys in your stadium next time. You guys have our number at Heinz.

Avoid Lloyd
01-29-2006, 12:08 PM

I believe after next year or the year after.

Sorry for the flimsy answer but I know it isnt tooo far off.

Livinginthe past
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Maybe we could play you guys in your stadium next time. You guys have our number at Heinz.

Hey,

HFA suits us - looks like it suits you guys to go on the road aswell!

NM