PDA

View Full Version : Looks like I'll be rooting for New England... (TO HELP US INTO THE PLAYOFFS OFCOURSE)

sharkweek
12-21-2009, 01:08 AM
What did you think I meant? So yeah, I may be rooting for the Pats to win their last two games, seeing as how they're playing both Jacksonville and Houston :tt03:

Its a long shot, but playoffs are no longer looking like a complete impossibility considering the tough roads in the way of all the wild card contenders...

If we take care of our own business that's a loss for Balitmore and Miami (which would in all likelihood eliminate Miami)

Then there are the other teams in the way:

Denver (8-6): they have to travel to Philly next week... their last game is against KC, but they beat so their must be hope, right? Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver drop a game to the Eagles.

Baltimore (8-6): again, for the playoffs to happen for us, we need to beat them. Problem is their last game is Oakland. So unless Oakland pulls another AFC North stunner like they did against us and the Bengals, the Ravens would finish 9-7 and most likely cause a messy tie situation. At any rate either Denver or Baltimore are in a decent driver seat for a wild card spot.

Jags (7-7): with the best conference record the Jags would be a team to worry about having the upper hand in a wild card race, however they're on the road their remaining two games including a game @ New England which I mentioned earlier. If the Brownies can keep their game up then that might be another potential game the Jags drop as it will be in Cleveland, although that might be asking too much. At any rate 8-8 should be enough to keep the Jags out.

Dolphins (7-7): again, since we play them in our last game we can take care of this team on our own, but the good news starts with the fact that the Dolphins and Texans play each other next week! which brings us too...

Texans (7-7): one team has to lose, or even better, a tie would hurt both teams. So after next week one of these teams (either Texans or Dolphins) will likely be, in all likelihood eliminated from playoff contention. Of course the last game against New England the chances of them finishing 9-7 seems very slim.

Jets (7-7): their last two games are against Indy and Cincy...

Titans (7-7): they have the worst confrence record of all the 7-7 teams, but they also have a game against San Diego next week which SD could seal up the 2nd seed with if they win...so there is incentive there. The Titans' last game is against Seattle, which I wouldn't expect Seattle to win, but the game is in Seattle...

But yeah, we still have to take care of our own business, but its fun to think about at least. At least there's still hope, maybe even more hope than the 05 season where it came down to the absolute wire before we won the 6th seed.

JEFF4i
12-21-2009, 01:15 AM
It makes me sick to my stomach to do so, but have to root for them.

casteeler
12-21-2009, 01:15 AM
I never gave up hope but thanks for nothing chicago and oakland looks like a good spoiler( got my fingers crossed)

SH-Rock
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
There still is a chance, all the Steelers need to do is win

steel9guy
12-21-2009, 09:30 AM
I have to root for the crappy patriots and eagles on Sunday. But if I have to do it for the Steelers i will in a heartbeat. I won't be rooting for them I'll be hoping they win.

SH-Rock
12-21-2009, 09:45 AM
What I fear most is that the steelers become overconfident again and lose to the ravens ultimately ending the season

steelpride12
12-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I just hope Troy can come back 100% next week against the Ratbirds and the Steelers can get back to their game. The defense could really use him right now and it would be a huge boost for BB and the whole offense.
The playoffs are creeping closer and closer don't lose hope!
GO STEELERS!

Rick5895
12-21-2009, 10:00 AM
It's all moot if we don't win out. I think we will. If Baltimore finish 9-7 they could well be the 5th seed. Leaving us and Denver to fight for the 6th seed if we both are 9-7 as well. I think in that case we get the 6th seed. (Denver will lose to Philly) I see the others losing at least 1 more game each giving them 8-8 records. If we are able to get past the Ratbirds (and we will) I will cheering like a mad man for the Raiders.

GO RAIDERS, GO EAGLES AND GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

stillers4me
12-21-2009, 10:02 AM
What I fear most is that the steelers become overconfident again and lose to the ravens ultimately ending the season

Stop it.

saveus1011
12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
I was yelling rather loudly for the Raiders yesterday.

CPanther95
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Patriots and Eagles are the big ones.

steelreserve
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I have no problem rooting for New England, as long I can also root for a lot of guys to get hurt.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Bellickek... I have a video camera you can borrow the next two games.

stlrtruck
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
What did you think I meant? So yeah, I may be rooting for the Pats to win their last two games, seeing as how they're playing both Jacksonville and Houston :tt03:

And I feel dirty. Like that dirty feeling one might get for cheating on a spouse!

:poop: :shake02: :crying03: :puke:

Steelers24/7
12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't think I could ever actually cheer for them, but I will be hoping they win just barely and that Brady gets hurt while they are running up the score like an asshole. Nothing too serious of course.

steelreserve
12-21-2009, 01:36 PM
I don't think I could ever actually cheer for them, but I will be hoping they win just barely and that Brady gets hurt while they are running up the score like an asshole. Nothing too serious of course.

Why not? This is Tom Brady we're talking about, and it's the Patriots. You don't have to worry about karma coming back to get you for poor sportsmanship.

Personally, I'll be hoping for two torn ACLs, and also after the game he gets a DUI and finds out his wife has been cheating on him for years.

Jmat
12-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Playoffs? Have you folks been watching the same defense I've been watching?

stb_steeler
12-21-2009, 01:48 PM

People questioned the same in 05.....The light switch could turn on at anytime! :thumbsup:

sharkweek
12-21-2009, 01:51 PM

they're pretty amazing for the first 3 quarters, so after that we just do onside kicks and we'll be fine.

In all seriousness though, our D needs Troy, who in all likelihood is going to be ready to play for the Miami game at the latest, including any potential playoff games

CPanther95
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Why not? This is Tom Brady we're talking about, and it's the Patriots. You don't have to worry about karma coming back to get you for poor sportsmanship.

Personally, I'll be hoping for two torn ACLs, and also after the game he gets a DUI and finds out his wife has been cheating on him for years.

I'd like him to find out that his kid is really Ben's.

Steelers24/7
12-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Well it is Christmas so I was trying to be nice :( But, if we do manage to get in the playoffs, I want to play against the Patriots and beat them WITH Brady. I want our defense to beat up on him all game and make him cry. I want them to break him. And I definitely don't want the Patriots fans crying they would have beat us with Brady, as they did last year. I want them to know that we beat them regardless of having Brady in. And if anybody hurts him it should be one of us. But we all know Belicheat will come up with some fake injuries to put on the injury report and the announcers will talk about what a brave warrior Brady is. That being said, if he gets a season ending injury, I won't lose any sleep over it :)

steelreserve
12-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I'd like him to find out that his kid is really Ben's.

I'd rather it was Matt Cassel. That way the kid would have a shitty quarterback for a father, too.

Preacher
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
People questioned the same in 05.....The light switch could turn on at anytime! :thumbsup:

You know, as I was watching this team last night, I was starting to see glimpses of that very thing. . . on both sides of the ball.

One thing that has been missing this year is the physical dominance from the offense and defense.

However, Ward's blocking, some of the defensive hits last night... it seemed like the door is just being cracked open.

Of course, playing the Ravens next, that door has to be kicked WIDE OPEN for us to win and do something with this year.